My Dear Tutor

By dianneroseismey

Jake Martinez, ang nerdy ace student ng Rutherford University ay napasubok sa pinakamahirap na desisyon ng ka... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: My Dear Tutor
Chapter 2: Agreement
Chapter 3: confession
Chapter 4: its official
Chapter 5: Welcome back
Chapter 6: Who's L?
Chapter 7: announcement
Chapter 8: event
Chapter 9: preparation
Chapter 10: Discover
Chapter 11: INTRAMURALS
Chapter 12: date
Chapter 13: surprise
Chapter 14: meet Stella
Chapter 15:Dinner
Chapter 16: hurt
Chapter 17: iyak sa ulan
Chapter 18: preparation
Chapter 19: Focus
Chapter 20: sampal ng katotohanan
Chapter 21: broke
Chapter 23: confrontation
Chapter 24: Missing

Chapter 22: Quiz Bowl

0 0 0
By dianneroseismey

After 1 week

Pagkatapos ng isang linggo naghanda na sila Ayumi at Jake dahil magsisimula na ang kanilang Quiz Bowl. Ang Rutherford University naghahanda na dahil sa event. Lahat ng students may tarpulin ng nakahanda para pag bigay support nila sa dalawa.

Ang kalaban ng Rutherford University ay ang Greenhills University, St.Benedict, Xavier University , Adamson University, and Trinity University

Nagsimula na ang event at nagsalita na ang Mcee from Adamson University ang nagsasalita.

"Good morning students! We are now gonna start our QuizBowl"

The Quizmasters: The Students are resilient and ready to sore high
From the Office of the Dean's Representative Office of the University Students' Executive

Universities school in the Quiz Bowl

•Rutherford University
•Greenhills University
•St.Benedict Academy
•Xavier University
•Adamson University
•Trinity University

Orientation Script 3:40pm – 3:50pm PREPARATION

Awitenista Plug-in
3:50pm – 4:00pm PRELIMINARIES
Voice Over

: Ladies and Gentlemen! Let us all rise for the Opening Prayer to be led by Matthew Go . And please remain standing in the singing of the Philippine National Anthem

4:00pm – 4:10pm INTRODUCTION
Voice over
: Good afternoon, Famous Universities and
Our hosts for this afternoon is Dian and Katie

Dian
: Good afternoon, Quizmasters!!!!!
Katie
: Hello, students and faculty!
Dian& Katie
: Welcome

Welcome to our first universities Quiz Bowl. This is to test the capacity of the students intelligent as they represent their school's name and knowledge. Now let me introduce to you all our very own students representative. Please welcome our representative from the Rutherford University."

Mr. Jake Martinez, Ms. Ayumi Nishkita and Mr. Ralph Nishkita

Lahat sila nagsi tayuan at nagpalakpakan at nag cheer kina Jake at Ayumi. Pero nabigla sila ng makita nila si Ralph na kasama.

"Secondly, we gonna introduce our representatives from Greenhills University, please welcome
Ms. Iris and Bella Robles"

"Third, let's give them around of applause for the St.Benedict College, here's
Mr. Jude Davidson and Mr. Luke Saviour"

"Ladies and Gentlemen let's all welcome the Xavier University with their representatives;
Mr. Matthew Peterson and Ms. Camille Yu"

"Adamson University are you ready!!!" Lahat sila nagsisigawan ang iba naman nag boo at ang iba nag cheer sa kanilang representative

"Hindi na namin patatagalin ito, ipakilala na natin ang representative natin to our beloved school. Let me introduce to you all Ms. Jaime Ang and Ms. Luna Ferrer, around of applause please"

"And last but not the least, the Trinity University, here they are Mr. Shaun Miller and Ms. Alexandra Lopez" lahat sila nag tayuan at nagpalakpakan

"And now we are requesting all of the students to please refrain from talking, eating, shouting and standing once the Quiz Bowl starts

"Before we start, we may request to Rutherford university to have only two student representative"

nagtinginan naman silang tatlo at si Ralph yung umalis.

"Now we gonna start, here's the Quiz Bowl Mechanics"

The quiz bowl is composed of three rounds: Easy, Moderate, and Difficult Rounds. Each round will have ten (10) questions. Easy round questions are worth 3 points, Moderate 5 points and Difficult 10 points.

· All questions are of multiple-choice type. Teams will be provided with cards.

· No choices shall be provided for the answers to questions for the difficult round.

· At the end of each round, the cumulative score of each team will be computed.

· The team that scores the highest wins the quiz bowl. Second and third placers will also be awarded. In case of a tie, clincher questions will be asked.

Binasa naman ng mga host ang Mechanics ng Quiz Bowl.

Reading Mechanics:

1. Questions during the Easy Round will be limited to 10 seconds per answer. For Moderate round, it will be limited to 15 seconds, and for the difficult round, it will be limited to 20 seconds.

2. Questions will be read twice by the quiz master. After the second reading, the quiz master shall say "GO" and only then the team be allowed to write the answer. Automatically, the respective time limit for each round will begin with the word "GO" by the quiz master.

3. After the time and the buzzer sounds, the team should stop writing and raise their cards. The answer of the team violating this rule will be considered void.

Answering Mechanics:

1. Each TEAM contestant will be provided with official writing boards.

2. Answers must be printed legibly on the writing cards as instructed. The answer must be written in PRINT BIG LETTERS such as A, B, C, and D.

3. The audience must observe silence while the contest is going on. COACHING IS STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED FROM THE AUDIENCE.

Protest Mechanics:

1. A protest may be raised by any contestant. All protests shall be forwarded to the judges for decision.

2. Protests regarding a particular question will be entertained only before the next question is read. Once the next question is read, no protest regarding the previous question will be entertained.

3. During the protest, the contestant has the privilege of consulting any reference, provided they are relevant to the subject of the protest.

4. The Board of Judges shall be given a maximum of two (2) minutes to resolve the protest after which the contest shall go on. Should the judges fail to resolve the protest within the allotted time, the said question shall be held in abeyance until the same has been resolved.

5. The Board of Judges will act on any concern regarding the questions and answers ONLY.

6. The decision of the Board of Judges shall be final and executory.

Tie Breaking Mechanics:

1. In case of a tie at the end of the last phase of this contest, a tie breaker will immediately ensue and will be sudden death in nature.

2. Questions of any difficulty and type will be asked until one contestant gains an advantage in score over the other.

3. The first contestant to gain an advantage in score will be declared the victor of the tie and will merit the corresponding award.

"Next is for the rules of Quiz Bowl" sabi ng dalawang host

RULES:

The competition will be single elimination. Brackets will be arranged in advance by a random selection. In the event of an uneven number of teams, a "bye" for the first round will be determined randomly. In the event that a registered team withdraws after the brackets are determined, teams on the waiting list will take the place in the bracket vacated by the withdrawing team. If no teams are on the waiting list to take the vacated place in the bracket, the other team in the bracket will get a "bye" for that round.

Conduct for Each Round:

The moderator will read each question. After the question is read in its entirety, it will be shown on the screen.

Each team member will have a buzzer and any team member can buzz in. The buzzer system shows the moderator which team buzzed first. In the event that both teams buzz, the moderator will consult the system and announce which team actually buzzed first.

Team members may only confer with each other after the team has buzzed in and has been recognized by the moderator. The team captain must be the one to answer the question.
Team members may buzz in at any time during the reading of the question, but once buzzed in the moderator will cease reading the question and the question will not be shown on the screen.

• The moderator will cease reading the question; and the team that buzzed (first) will have 10 seconds to answer the question. If the answer is correct, the team will receive 5 points; and the moderator will proceed to the next question. If the answer is incorrect, the team will be docked 5 points. If the team fails to answer within 10 seconds, the team will be docked 5 points.

• If the first team answers incorrectly or not at all, the moderator will read the question in its entirety and display it on the screen. he other team will have 5 seconds to buzz in after the question is displayed, and if it buzzes, it will have 10 seconds to answer the question. If the answer is correct, the team will receive 5 points, and the moderator will proceed to the next question. If the answer is incorrect, the team will be docked 5 points. If the team fails to answer within 10 seconds, the team will be docked 5 points. If the team chooses not to buzz in or does not buzz within 5 seconds, the moderator will proceed to the next question.

•Team members may buzz in at any time, but no more than 5 seconds after the question is read and displayed will be given for either team to buzz in. The first team to buzz in will be given 10 seconds to answer the question. If the answer is correct the team will win. If the answer is incorrect, the other team will win.

"For the scoring, here's the mechanics" salita ng host na si Dian

Scoring:

Scores will be kept by a scorekeeper in each room. Scores will not be displayed on screen or on flip charts or whiteboards. The score will be announced prior to the 6th question being read and after the 10th question has been completed. However, team captains may ask to have the score announced at any time in between questions. Scores may be challenged at any time by either team captain. The team of judges will consult the score sheet being kept by the scorekeeper. The scores for both teams will be examined. If it is determined that a math error has been made, the score(s) will be corrected. The judges' determination will be final.

"Guys!! Are you all ready? Now we gomna start, for our Easy round"

Hinanda naman nila Jake at Ayumi ang kanilang whote board at pentel pen at eraser na rin. Pero tila napapansin nila ang kakaibang kinikilos ni Ayumi habang nasa competion ito.

Hinanda na ng MCEE ang question sa Easy Round. Ang first subject naman nito ay Science

"Okay so here's the question for the Easy Round, subject; Science"

"First Question" tumugtug na ng pang thrill

1.) What does DNA stand for?

You're timer starts now. Lahat sila sumagot na at parang nahihirapan sila Jake at Ayumi dahil hindi sila sure sa kanilang answer. Ni raise na ni Jake ang white board

Answer: Deoxyribonucleic Acid

"All of the candidates got the correct answer"

Lahat ng mga tao nagsipalakpakan at nag cheer kada representative nila. Pero napapansin na umano nila Ralph na parang hindi na maayos ang kanilang samahan ni Andrea sa quiz bee.

"Next for the 2nd Question"

2.) How many bones are in the human body

"206  ang sagot ko" pagtataray ng sagot ni Ayumi

"No it's 218"

"206 nga"

"Ayumi unayos ka nga 5 seconds lang binigay sa atin wag kana kumontra" tinaas naman ito ni Jake ang kanyang sagot

Answer: 218

"Okay so the correct answer is 206, all of you got the correct answer except for the Rutherford university".

Next question

3.) The concept of gravity was discovered by which famous physicist?

5 minutes ang binigay na time sa kanila sinagot agad ito ni Ayumi at tinaas ang white board

Answer: Isaac Newton

"Okay all of you got the correct answer"

Lahat sila nagsi hiyawan ang iba nag cheer pa kina Jake and Ayumi dahil tama ulit ang sagot nito.

"For the 4th question"

Lahat na nag ready ulit dahil sasagot ulit sila Jake.

4.) What is the hardest natural substance on Earth?

Sinulat agad ito ni Jake ang answer pero hindi nag agree si Ayumi nito at tila nagalit pa si Jake.

"Ayumi naman, tama naman answer ko!"

"Wrong yan maniwala ka sa akin"

"Ano kaba! Lagi ka nalang ganyan eh! Ang hirap sayo puro ka salita!" Binura niya ang answer at nagagawan pa sila ng white board. At tila napansin na ito ng judges

"What is the problem to the Rutherford University? May problema ba? That's a technical"

Winarningan sila ng judges at nakita na ang sama ng tingin ni Ayumi kay Jake

Nag sagot siya agad at agad ito ni raise ang white board

Answer: copper

"Okay some of you got the correct answer"

Wrong naman ang answer ni Ayumi at tumayo si Jak at tila nagalit siya kay Ayumi.

"Kasalanan mo ito Ayumi eh! Nagsisimula palang ang Quiz Bowl natin kinokontra mo na mga answer ko!"

"Ikaw kasi ayaw mo makinig!"

"Bakit ako ha! Ikaw naman itong ayaw makinig eh diba usapan natin ako sa Science ikaw sa Math! Saan ba part ang di mo maintindihan diyan!" Tumayo agad si Ayumi at sinagot si Jake.

"Yan ang hirap sayo hindi mo ako pinagbibigyan"

"Hindi pinagbibigyan? Eh ang selfish mo!"

Sobrang ingay na sa hanggang sa pinipigilan na sila ng judges at inanounce ng MCEE na disqualified na sila sa Quiz Bowl. Lahat sila nag siuwian na bigo at nadismaya.

"Kuya sorry"

"Akyat lang ako sa kwarto" tila napansin ni Ayumi na parang hindi siya pinansin ni Ralph dahil sa nangyari.

Hindi nakatulog si Ayumi sa nangyari hanggang sa natapos ang Quiz Bowl inannounce ang nanalo at ang Trinity University ang nanalo nito. Umiyak ng tahimik si Ayumi. May biglang bumulong sa kanya sa likod.

"Kung nakinig ka lang sana kay Jake edi sana nanalo kayo! Napaka selfish mo!" Umakyat si Kuya sa taas

Halos lahat ng tao galit sa akin dahil sa nangyari oo na kasalanan ko na. Pumunta ako ng bar at naglasing.

Itutuloy...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5M 247K 188
Now available in paperback on Amazon! Though the last chapter is read that doesn't mean the story is over. One shots for A Secret Service including...
1.4M 194K 138
《 𝖲𝗍𝖺𝗍𝗎𝗌: 𝖢𝗈𝗆𝗉𝗅𝖾𝗍𝖾𝖽 // 𝖾𝖽𝗂𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗌𝗂𝗈𝗇》 𝖬𝗒𝖺𝗇𝗆𝖺𝗋 𝖳𝗋𝖺𝗇𝗌𝗅𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝗈𝖿 ❝穿成玛丽苏文里的女配❞ . 𝖮𝗋𝗂𝗀𝗂𝗇𝗂𝖺𝗅 𝖺𝗎...
4.7M 106K 142
Soon to be Published Darlene isn't a typical high school student. She always gets in trouble in her previous School in her grandmother's province. S...
2M 56.4K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #1 in overprotective #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her ent...