Maze Runner - Oneshots and Im...

By sehnsuchtstrunken

"𝐒𝐨 𝐈 𝐭𝐚𝐀𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐲𝐞𝐬?" "𝐀 𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐑𝐚𝐭?" "𝐘𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 π›πžπ’π§π  𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐒𝐫π₯... More

My hair isn't yellow! - Newt
...maybe two or three drinks - Gally
Jealous - Gally
Shower stories - Thomas
How to not deal with a Builder - Gally
Waking Up - Gally
Princess Buttercup - Minho
In the rain - Newt
The Fighting Circle - All
A coping mechanism - Gally
Drunk - Newt (part one)
Drunk - Newt (part two)
Pocket knife - All | Scorch Trials
He got abs? - Thomas
A secret notebook - Gally
He likes you - Frypan
You're a tease - Jorge | Scorch Trials
I love you - Gally
Shirtless - Minho
Leaving WCKD - Minho | Scorch Trials
Shucking hell of a game - Minho
Me too - Thomas | Scorch Trials
My girlfriend - Sonya
I promised, didn't I - Minho
Don't touch my hair - Minho
Kissing your enemies - Minho
A day off is a great day to say I love you - Minho
Bad day - Thomas
Worrying - Minho (part one)
Worrying - Minho (part two)
Broken - Gally
Stung - Newt
Not much of a talker - Minho
Alive - Gally | Death Cure
Midnight sky - Minho | Scorch Trials
Epilogue

I know you - Minho

5.6K 114 12
By sehnsuchtstrunken

The girl had trouble keeping her eyes open, but she couldn't fall asleep, not now. She'd stayed up all night and she wouldn't drift off now that the sun was starting to rise. She hadn't slept for three days straight, neither had she been able to run the maze because she was temporarily banned, as Alby had phrased it. She could only roll her eyes at that once again. Alby had never liked her, she wasn't surprised by his actions. What did surprise her was the fact that the guys hadn't immediately banished her wholly. 

Two days ago, she'd gotten angry while she was running the maze with her running partner, Ben. He had been a complete douche, but no one had believed her when she had tried to defend herself. She hadn't even hurt him that badly - Jeff had said he would be able to run again the next day.

Spending her nights locked up in the pit and her days working with the Sloppers as a punishment, she'd fallen into a kind of careless state. Even though she had been desperate when no one seemed to trust her at the Gathering that night, the more time she spent on her own and the more she thought about it, the less she actually felt. She had never cried, not once, and she wouldn't start now.

When she had arrived here, the boys had bet on her breaking down because she was just a weak girl and would definitely at some point. The ones that had bet against her never liked her anyway, and the feeling was quite mutual. Actually, even the ones that had bet she would behave just like everyone else she'd disappointed. There was not one boy that seemed to actually care about her. Chuck was cute, but he was way too influenced by all the others, told to keep a safe distance and so he did. She found it quite sad how easily the majority of them were able to be manipulated, but at the same time she couldn't have cared less. 

"Like your new home?"

She looked up at Minho, who was watching her through the bars of the pit. She needed a second to find her orientation once more, but when she did, she let out a cold snort. The smirk on his face that had usually cheered her up seemed so falsely pointed at her. She knew that it was just Minho's personality, but that was what made it seem like it wasn't meant for her at all. 

"Oh yeah, it's very comfortable. Wanna come in?", she said sarcastically, the first tone that had left her throat ever since the Gathering that night she got punished for beating up Ben. She gazed through the bars at the sky, dimly lit by the sun. She didn't know what Minho was doing here, after all she would just be let out in a few hours when the others were done with their breakfast. 

"I'd love to, but I've got a job to do."

Again, she let out a sarcastic laugh. Of course. Keeper of the Runners, what was she thinking - that he'd actually come here for her? She should've known by now that the boys didn't do anything for her or because of her. They only ever did what they did simply because she was in the way once again. 

"'Course", she looked him straight in the eye. "I'm the only one who got suspended after all, aren't I?" 

She hadn't wanted it to come out like that - but she liked it better like this. In some weird, strange way, she blamed Minho for everything. He was Keeper, he should've listened to her perspective, considered it. After all, she'd always thought that he at least tolerated her - one of the very few people who did, alongside Frypan and Newt. But apparently she was wrong, once again. 

"Sure you are", he responded, and she could've beat him up for still bearing that shucking smirk. But she knew better than to lose her temper again. She learnt and she would keep control of herself. If that meant that only she could run again. 

Running - the one and only thing that kept her from going insane. The feeling of freedom, the tingle in her body, the sound of her breath, her feet stomping on the stone. The maze was a terrible horror to some of the guys here, but to her, it was a blessing. With a smile on her lips, she had to think of that day, a few weeks after she'd become a Runner, when she had told Minho that she was just as fast as him. It had been her first time actually running with him and after their lunch break, he'd challenged her to a race to section 5. She still couldn't believe that she'd actually beaten him. To be fair, he did have to carry her back to the glade after because she'd been so out of breath, but she had made it. She had never felt more proud. 

That had been one of those days when she had actually felt like she'd had friends in the Glade. 

"Come on now, we don't wanna be late." Minho's voice completely tore her away from her memories, and the smile that had tugged at her lips vanished immediately. "What?", she asked. While she'd been zoning out, the Runner seemed to have continued talking. Now he laughed at her cluelessness, but instead of repeating himself, he opened the makeshift door that had kept her locked up. Not that it was even necessary to lock her in in the first place. Trying to escape would've just made the whole situation worse and she was well aware of that.

"Get up shebean, we're gonna be late." 

He held out a hand for her and, even though she was still more than just confused about his actions, she took it. For whatever reason she still seemed to trust him. Or maybe it was just that memory that had come to her mind randomly. It was her favourite one, no question. And maybe, just maybe, it was the reason that she trusted Minho as he helped her get out of the pit.

"You gonna take me to the Deadheads and murder me?", she asked and raised an eyebrow when he carefully bent down and locked the pit again, making it seem like she was still in there to anyone who didn't come too close to it. "Because I honestly won't complain, I'm basically dead already, haven't slept in days." 

She frowned at her own honesty while Minho chuckled and just motioned for her to follow him. She didn't know why she was telling him that. She didn't know why she was trusting him either. But she still followed him as he walked towards the maze doors. "Just for the record, what are we doing right now?" 

"We're walking", Minho retorted and she groaned, but couldn't hold back a small smile that spread out on her face as they came closer to the huge walls that hadn't opened yet. "You know that's not what I- Newt?" The girl stopped in mid-sentence when she made out the blonde boy waiting for them. 

"The one and only", Minho commented while both of the others rolled their eyes. Newt smiled at her sympathetically. 

"Can someone please tell me what the actual shuck is going on here?", she said and raised her eyebrows, looking back and forth between the two boys; but neither of them spoke up. Minho was looking straight at the maze doors that now started rumbling, a sound that created a feeling of anticipation in the girl's stomach. Newt was still smiling at her, but now he also put an arm to her shoulder and squeezed it reassuringly. 

At least she knew that whatever Minho had in mind would not kill her. If the second-in-command was standing here, it meant that he didn't have anything against the Runner's idea. 

"Have fun!", Newt whispered when the doors had moved just enough for someone to jog through them, and Minho immediately pushed himself forward. "C'mon, shebean, I don't have all day!", he shouted back without turning around and she shook her head, not believing that she was actually following the Keeper of the Runners into the maze while being banned from running the maze. But she wouldn't miss this opportunity. 

She fell into a slow jog before gradually rising her tempo to catch up with Minho. "We're all gonna get in trouble", she said and glanced at his side profile. Even though she should've been exhausted from getting no sleep, this energised her more than a nap would've. Running was her passion. She needed it to live - she just realised the last few days how much she was depending on that time in the maze. 

"Maybe", Minho answered without looking back and she shook her head again in disbelief. "But we're doing the right thing."

The girl raised an eyebrow. She finally felt the effects of running that she loved so much: her heartbeat rising just a bit, pounding so loudly she could hear it, her breath becoming faster and heavier, her legs prickling with a sense of excitement. "When did you change your mind? At the Gathering it seemed like-"

"I know what it seemed like, okay? We were all confused and angry. But not only did Ben just have a few light wounds, he also admitted that he was being a slinthead." 

She focused on the stone in front of her feet, tearing her eyes away from Minho. She couldn't quite believe that they had changed their opinion so quickly.

"Also-", Minho stopped his sentence before continuing. "I know you. You wouldn't have done that without a good reason. You may have a temper, but everyone here has. And you're my best Runner, I can't lose you because of such a stupid thing." 

For a second, she felt a wave of different feelings shower her - relief, happiness, enthusiasm. "Remember that day I beat you in that race?", she asked after staying silent for a minute, suddenly having an idea in mind. She watched out of the corner of her eye how the runner turned towards her and raised his eyebrows, chuckling. "You mean that day I had to give you a piggyback-ride back to the Glade because you would've nearly died in my arms?" 

For the first time in weeks, she laughed again. It was strange, but she'd missed running with Minho. Running with Ben had never been the same. Even though it felt just as energising for her body, with Minho she felt - comfortable. Home. 

"Don't overexaggerate", she retorted and nudged his side with her elbow. "Bet I could beat you even without having slept for three days straight."

Minho patted her shoulder slightly. "Shebean, I might've said you're a good Runner, but I never said you're any better than me. And before you pass out from exhaustion, let's keep that challenge for another day."

"Scared you'll lose?"

He let out a half frustrated, half amused groan. "I'm not carrying you back again."

"There's no need." 

He thought for a second - then he agreed. "Section 3?", he asked. The girl could feel the energy buzzing not only in her own body, but also in his. "Section 3", she nodded and laughed. 

They set off at the same time, their shoulders touching as she slowly started to take the lead. Maybe not everyone hates me, she thought to herself and smiled as she hurried up and let her feet take over, the map of the maze burnt into her memory forever.

ੈ♡˳

what is this. i'm genuinely concerned. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

561K 10.9K 40
A metal box brought them there, a place surrounded with endless, shifting corridors with no sign of getting out. It's always been boys but one day a...
11.5K 307 21
Book 1: (Y/n) arrives in the maze with no memory of who she was or what she is doing here. She is trapped in a maze prison surrounded by hundreds of...
It's a girl By R

Fanfiction

36.3K 649 24
Imagine Teresa never came up into the maze after Thomas and Thomas isn't the main character. Imagine the box still came up every month with a differe...
179K 2.7K 47
Originally posted by me on quotev: https://www.quotev.com/story/5996550/I-Know-Places-Thomas-The-Maze-Runner. After a memory swipe, Elle is sent int...