Robbing the decade between us

Antusama tarafından

"Girl, I'm not kidding. I'm actually going to kill you,"Baekhyun said while pointing his gun straight at her... Daha Fazla

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30

Chapter 29

190 11 13
Antusama tarafından

"Hyung..I think..you're in danger,"Jaemin said very seriously.

That was last thing Baekhyun wanted to hear when he got called to a cafe by Jaemin today among all days. Baekhyun was happy when Jaemin called him because he wanted to meet Jaemin anyway. But this is a bit weird.

Is he going insane because tomorrow his results are gonna be out? Or is the cold getting to him?

"Why am I in danger?"

"Minhee. She's on to you."

"What do you mean?"

Jaemin leaned in closer and whispered,"Last night I was coming home after hanging out with y'all and Minhee held my hand and pulled me in an alleyway saying if I don't get back with her and don't break my friendship with Jian she's gonna go to the police and tell them everything about you."

Baekhyun frowned,"Everything about me? Like?"

"Like..you stole her Gucci bag, and Lee Miri's emerald ring?"Jaemin said.

"What?"Baekhyun was totally unamused, a trait he picked up from Jian.

"Yes she says she did some detective shit and saw you with Lee Miri's ring."

"No shit Sherlock,"Another phrase he picked up from Jian.

Jaemin was totally confused by Baekhyun's behavior,"Hyung..do you not understand? She might know that you're.."Jaemin lowered his voice by a notch and looked around before speaking,"..the Night Rain."

This time Baekhyun widened his eyes,"How the heck did you know that? There's no way Jian told you."

"Of course Jung 'i-hide-shit-From-my-best friend' didn't tell me. I found it out by myself. How stupid do you think I am? I knew it since last year."

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes,"Exactly..how?"

Jaemin sighed,"Is that what's important right now?"

"That is exactly what's important right now, Na Jaemin, spill it."

Jaemin narrowed his eyes,"Fine I got to know the night Minhee and I broke up. After everyone was sleeping do you remember Jian was about to sneak out and steal Minhee's bag?"

Baekhyun nodded.

"I was awake and was about to get water but kind of eavesdropped your whole conversation. About you being Night Rain as well. That made so much sense."

"You sneaky little rascal."

"That was one hell of a night. I got to know so much. That my best friend cares so much about me, about who you are and also became sure of that y'all have a thing for each other."

Baekhyun's jaw dropped,"What? No, there's nothing like that."

"Yeah sure,"Jaemin said,"And after that night to make it completely hundred percent sure I sent Mark hyung and Jian on a date even though she had paid him to act like they're into each other and hid it from you to see your reaction. It was so worth it."

"Jian didn't have a crush on Mark?"Baekhyun was in a cultural shock.

"No, she was acting she liked him so I could take my mind off of Minhee. But I somehow heard their conversation and knew what they were up to."

"And you didn't tell me?"

Jaemin nodded.

"I was going through that hell for nothing?"

"Pretty much."

Baekhyun took a deep breath and then was about to charge at Jaemin,"Come here you brat."

Jaemin ducked down and said while laughing,"I'm sorry hyung."

After Baekhyun calmed down for a bit he looked at Jaemin and said,"If you knew about my identity for a year and managed to hide it when we know you as a person who can't keep secrets, then you are the real MVP of this story."

"I'm the MVP of every story,"Jaemin said while sipping his coffee.

"Don't worry about Minhee. She won't be able to do shit. Stay away from her and advise her to stay away from Jian if she doesn't want to end up at the bottom of an ocean."

Jaemin nodded,"Thank God."

Baekhyun smiled and then suddenly chuckled,"Thank you, Jaemin-ah."

Jaemin was shocked at his sudden sincerity,"For What hyung?"

"For everything,"Baekhyun smiled warmly,"That you did for both Jian and I. I'm so grateful that Jian has a best friend like you. But while taking care of everyone else around you, don't forget to take care of yourself too."

"Hyung..are you okay.."

"Oh yeah one thing.."Baekhyun said,"I needed a favor."

"Anything. Just say the word."

"Can Jian stay at your house for sometime after tomorrow?" Baekhyun asked,"Grandma's at the hospital and I don't want her to stay alone at home."

"Why hyung? Are you going somewhere?"

Baekhyun nodded and smiled.

"Where? A mission?"

Baekhyun nodded,"Something like that."

"Oh! Secretive secretive. I like that,"Jaemin said,"Are you gonna be gone for long?"

"A bit."

Jaemin's expression changed,"Hyung..I don't have a good feeling. You're coming back, right?"

Baekhyun just smiled and changed the topic,"Are you scared about your results tomorrow? Don't worry..you'll get in an amazing college. I just know it."

"Thank you But.."

Baekhyun looked at the time,"Oh I have to go and visit grandma, bye, Jaemin-ah."

"Hyung.."

Baekhyun just smiled and left.

Something wasn't sitting right with Jaemin. There's something up. And Jaemin doesn't like it.

Baekhyun walked towards the hospital with a smile on his face. He's not gonna stop smiling today no matter what. He wants them to remember his smiley face. Not anything else. Ever since he talked with Yunho and got his permission he has been trying his best to calm himself, spend as much time as he can with both Jian and grandma. The time he spent with Jian, the way she smiled, he's gonna cherish it in his mind forever and that is what would refrain him from regretting the big decisions he's about to take. He's also been meeting up with Taehyung and giving him a lot of duties. Taehyung totally doesn't agree with his decision, he has tried to stop him so many times and also cried. A few times Baekhyun was about to give in and listen to Taehyung. But he couldn't. Taehyung has finally agreed to let him go after knowing its for Baekhyin's own happiness. Even this morning Baekhyun was with Taehyung. Baekhyun took Taehyung to his favorite restaurant, watched him eat. Watching Taehyung eat so deliciously made Baekhyun full. He's so lucky to have a younger brother like him.

Baekhyun hadn't realized it before, but to be very honest, Baeknyun is one lucky fellow. He was always busy resenting and blaming God that he failed to see all the bless God has given him in the form of humans around him.

Coincidentally at the hallway of the hospital Baekhyun met Chenle who was just about to go home after visiting grandma. Baekhyun stopped him and chit chatted with him for a bit and ended the conversation with a small hug. Baekhyun knows Chenle found it weird but Baekhyun would regret it if he didn't do it.

After that he went to grandma, Jian was there too. Grandma looks much better and happier than before. Baekhyun is relived that she is. Jian, grandma, Baekhyun had a small, hearty, family dinner. Jian and grandma were worried about Jian's results that is tomorrow. But Baekhyun was sure Jian is gonna get in the top college with scholarship. She's gonna achieve every dream she has. He just knows it.

After lunch when Jian went to throw out the trash Baekhyun smiled at grandma,"Thank you so much for getting better, grandma. Otherwise I don't know what I would do."

Grandma smiled and stroking his hair affectionately. Just like a mother would,"Thank you for being the pillar of this family Baekhyun. We don't know what we would do without you."

Baekhyun smiled sadly,"I really don't know how to thank you for accepting me, loving me, everything. Thank you so much, grandma."

Grandma looked worried,"Baekhyun-ah? Is something wrong?"

Baekhyun shook his head,"No, nothing is wrong."

"Why are you talking as if you're lea.."

Baekhyun didn't let grandma finish, just engulfed her in a really tight hug. Grandma immediately hugged him back and patted his back gently,"Baekhyun-ah? Whatever it is, we are with you. I'm with you."

That made tears build up in Baekhyun's eyes,"Thank you grandma. Please continue to take care of your health and be healthy. Otherwise I will be really angry."

"Sure, my dear. Even if I don't, you'll be there to tell me, correct?"

Baekhyun held her tighter. Holding back tears was getting hard. He said in a really low voice,"Please don't resent me."

Grandma heard that,"Resent? Why would I ever resent you? You are the best thing that has happened to me."

The door flung open as Jian entered the room,"Hey? Why are y'all hugging without me? I'm the one that needs the most hugs right now."

Baekhyun quickly wiped his eyes and invited her in the family hug. The hug felt so warm and cozy. It was hard to let go. Once they finally got out of the long hug Baekhyun looked at Jian and said,"Wanna hang out with me?"

"It's really late though.."

"Come on, I have two tickets to the drive-in cinema hall you wanted to go to. We have a few things of your list left to do! Gotta finish them."

Grandma quickly chimed in,"Yes, Baekhyun take her. If not she's gonna be here all night and cry about her results of tomorrow."

Jian rolled her eyes,"I wouldn't cry."

"Sure, now lets go."

"But grandma.."

"I would be fine,"Grandma said,"Go and have fun!"

Baekhyun smiled,"See?"Then held her wrist,"Let's go."

With that Baekhyun dragged her out of the hospital.

Grandma smiled seeing the two of them together. So happy. So adorable.

Baekhyun had dragged her home, in front of which to her surprise was parked his Lamborghini. He had brought his Lamborghini here after taking Taehyung out to lunch today. He knew she would like it.

"Woah,"Jian said.

Baekhyun smirked,"Stopped staring at it. Get in."

As soon as they got in Baekhyun started the car, blasted the music and after a long while of driving they were at the drive-in cinema hall among other cars. Baekhyun got them some popcorns and candies. Watching a movie like this was a new experience for both of them. The movie's genre was love story. It gave both of them butterflies. Because that is exactly how the two of them feel.

"I'm sorry, these were the only tickets available. I know you don't like the genre.."

"No, now I do. My taste changed,"Jian said simply while eating pop corn.

It's true that you always end up falling in love with movie you relate to. And correctly both of them relate to the feelings that were being portrayed in the movie.

The movie ended after 1 am. It was a special late night show. After that amazing experience of the movie, they went for late night snacks. Jian was shocked to see where Baekhyun had brought her to get late night snacks. To the territory of 'Ace'. Once again. There she again met all the ace members. All of them hugging Baekhyun really tightly. Baekhyun had forbidden them to speak about anything they knew about what he's gonna do in front of Jian. So they didn't.

Kyungsoo was the one who cooked late night snacks for them. He normally would totally reject but knowing what Baekhyun is up to, he couldn't help but cook for his friend. Kyungsoo's food was, is and will always be the number one for Baekhyun. Tonight was no exception. Jian also loved the food he cooked. While they were leaving, all of them hugged Baekhyun tightly once again. Even the coldest and toughest ones. They also wished Jian a best of luck for her results.

After that Baekhyun started his lambo as they went on a really really long drive. The drive was heavenly. In each other's presence, listening to music, wind blowing, them not giving a damn about anything or anyone else.

Baekhyun had stopped the car in front of a lonely beach. Jian didn't know where this place was but this was magical. The stars shone brightly on the sky. The moonlight made the sea look as if someone has spread glitter over all of it.

"Woah,"Jian said while looking around. No one else was there. The whole place was for just the two of them. It was perfect.

"So yeah..this is your last wish of the list..seeing the sunrise at a beach,"Baekhyun said smiling seeing how happy she was.

"Oh my God, This is beautiful."

Their time at the beach was also beautiful. Building sand castles, dunking their feet in the sea no matter how much Baekhyun disagrees and tried to stop her, singing, dancing, laughing. They also saw the beautiful scenery of the darkness of the sky slowly disappearing and sunlight peaking through the clouds. It was one of the most beautiful sceneries Baekhyun has ever seen. And he has seen a lot of sceneries in his life. He is sure the beauty of the scenery is amplified by the person he is sitting with. The most precious person of his life.

As the sun was seen Jian pointed at the sun,"That's you."

"Huh?"

"The darkness you saw before the sun, was me before you. Now the beautiful sky you see..is me thanks to you."

Baekhyun smiled,"You're suddenly praising me, are you sick?"

Jian smiled,"If today I get the scholarship it would all be thanks to you. Thank you for appearing in my life, Baek. Thank you for changing me. I wouldn't be here if i hadn't met you. If you didn't break into my house at three in the m.."

"Can we Please not talk about that?"

Jian chuckled.

After a short pause, Baekhyun said,"Jian-ah, I never said this. But thank you."

"Why?"

"For filling the empty void in my heart. You honestly don't know but you saved me. From the darkness of my own heart. Thanks to you I'm genuinely happy. I'm a complete person who doesn't need to hide behind heists and praises to feel worthy. I always wanted to say this to you but never got the time. You also are the sun for my life."

"I'm kinda sorta totally gonna cry, so please stop,"Jian said and chuckled.

Baekhyun also did.

"Baekhyun-ah?"Jian asked while looking at the sun.

"Hmm?"

"Can you please sing me a song?"

"Now?"

Jian nodded,"Please."

Baekhyun was about to say no but didn't. He cleared his throat and sang with his heart.

"No matter where you are, I love you.
I'm not in a hurry, I will stand behind you and protect you.
I will be with you, I will always be coming for you.
I will be with you, I will always say my love for you."

A tear dropped from his eye as this song hits so close to home right now. If there was a song that would explain his life right now, it would be this.

A drop of tear dropped from Jian's eyes as well and she held his hand while squeezing it tightly,"Thank you, Baekhyun."

Baekhyun smiled,"We should go now. You need rest. Big day today."

"Big day today."

Baekhyun and Jian both had plans to make this day a big day. Two very different plans. And each had no idea about the other's big plan.

Baekhyun had dropped Jian off at the hospital. She wanted to be with her grandma. Baekhyun told her that his back hurts so he's gonna go home and rest. Lies.

Jian didn't want to let Baekhyun go. She had a bad feeling about this. But Baekhyun assured her that he'd be at the hospital before her results. Lies.

Jian had no other option but to let him go, having no idea of what he's about to do.

When Jian entered her grandma's cabin grandma was sleeping. It was still really really early in the morning. Jian had a few hours till the results. And she was tired. So she fell asleep on the couch of the cabin.

A few hours later it was finally time to check the results on her phone. Both Jian and grandma had woken up. But Baekhyun didn't come to the hospital. He wasn't receiving calls. Jaemin had already checked his result and he got in a college he wanted to.

Jian didn't want to check the result without Baekhyun around. She was feeling uneasy.

"Jian, it's okay, he must've overslept without charging his phone,"Grandma tried to assure her. But Jian's heart wasn't feeling good.

"Just see the result and go home and tell him. I'm sure he's just sleeping after driving so much last night,"Grandma said,"Just do it, it's okay."

After a bit of convincing Jian agreed. She held grandma's hand tightly and put all her information on her phone and pressed 'enter' at the results site while closing her eyes. After a few seconds she slowly opened her eyes, scared, petrified.

But what she saw on her screen shocked her completely.

"So..?"Grandma asked,"What does it say? Did you get in?"

"I..I got in with scholarship,"Jian slowly said. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. It felt unreal. So much depended on this. Her future, her ego, her confession. She can protect and do all of it now and also become a vet that she always wanted to be. It felt surreal.

Unnie..I did it..

Mom...I did it...

Baekhyun....I did it..

Grandma screamed and happily hugged her,"I knew it. I knew you would get it. That's my grandma."

Jian pinched herself,"Ouch..this is real."

"Yes this is! You did it. You made it! Congratulations my lovely grand daughter!"

Jian looked at her grandma who was on cloud nine right now,"Grandma..I really did it. OH MY GOD!"

"YES!!"

Jian got up and jumped a few times in happiness,"I can't believe it. So much depended on it."

It really did.

"Why don't you go home and tell that sleepyhead the good news. I will tell everyone I know at the hospital Bc also your dad,"Grandma said,"And after it's over..bring that sleepy head here and we would discuss how to throw a party."

"Okay I will go home and make him regret sleeping through my results,"Jian said happily.

Only if she knew what was waiting for her at home..

On her way Jian had picked up a bouquet of roses. White roses because she found the red roses a bit intimidating. She is going to confess right now. That's what she decided. There's no point of delaying it now. She can't hide her feelings for him anymore. She is sure after last night he also feels some time of way around her. She could tell. If he doesn't..if he rejects her after all that..well she still wouldn't regret her choice of confessing.

Jian skipped her way on home. She was happy and excited. How would his reaction be? What would he say? How shocked would he be? Thinking all of that she happily opened the door of their home and called,"Baekhyun-ahhh???"

No reply.

"Baekhyun-ahhh? I swear to God are you still asleep? How much can a person sle.."

Jian paused as she saw Taehyung standing at the hallway looking sad as hell. His usual playfulness was gone. He looked like a tornado went over him.

Jian suddenly felt a strong fear overcome her. She had a very bad feeling.

"Oppa..where's Baekhyun?"Jian asked in a shaking voice.

"Jian, sit down. I need to tell you something."

"Baekhyun-ah! Baekhyun-ah!!"Jian called and ran around the whole house searching for him even when Taehyung tried to stop her. She ran upstairs to Baekhyun's room and her heart dropped to see all his stuff being gone.

There was no trace of Baekhyun. Not a single one.

Jian quickly ran down. In her heart she knew what was up but she couldn't come to terms with it.

"Jian-ah, calm down,"Taehyung said,"And please sit."

Jian completely disregarded him and turned the tv on. Begging and praying that please let not what she thought be true.

But it was. As soon as she turned the tv on she heard the breaking news.

Breaking news: The infamous thief 'Night Rain' has turned himself in this morning. Reason unknown. Everything is being kept a secret.

The flowers fell from Jian's hand. Soon she also collapsed on the floor. Taehyung couldn't catch her fast enough.

She remembers bits and pieces of the night she was drunk. She may have told Baekhyun how she can't live with fear in her heart of police taking him away always. She had noticed him slightly changing the next day. She knows how much Baekhyun's freedom means to him. She didn't know Baekhyun would take such drastic of an action. If she knew she wouldn't ever have said it. This is a lot.

Taehyung grabbed her shoulders and tried to pick her up,"It's okay Jian. Calm down."

How can she? The love of her life has turned himself in just for her.

Why didn't she notice how different he was last night? Why didn't she drag him to the hospital this morning? She could've done so many things differently to prevent this.

It's all my fault.

Her head was a mess. She couldn't think properly. But one thing she knew was that she definitely needs to see him right now. No matter what.

Taehyung was surprised by seeing her stand up all of a sudden and wipe her tears,"Oppa take me to him, right now."

"Jian, I can't. Hyung has strictly forbidden me to take you there and told me to take care of you. I can't do this. I won't take you there?"

"You won't?"Jian asked scarily. The look in her eyes had changed as she cracked her knuckles,"Oppa you see I'm not in my right mind right now. So I'm gonna do all it takes to get to him. So you should make better decisions."

Taehyung gulped at how genuinely scary she looked. This time she isn't joking around. She means business.

Now he knows why everyone is so scared of angering her and also why Baekhyun said,"Jian might whoop your ass and demand to bring her to me. But you can under any circumstance bring her."

Baekhyun was sitting in a dimly lit investigation room across a scary looking investigator. He was always afraid of being here. But right now it doesn't feel that bad. He just wonders how Jian must be feeling right now. She must've gotten to know about what he just did. She definitely is throwing a fit to come to him. But he trusts Taehyung..he would never bring her here.

"So Mr. Night Rain, shall we start?"The investigator asked.

"No, I've already told you I'm not talking unless I'm promised three things,"Baekhyun smiled.

"What those might be? I'm really curious."

"One. Complete anonymity from the media. No one would know my real name, face, age or dig into my life or my closed ones."

"Okay."

"Two. I'm gonna stay and be sentenced in Korea. I won't be deported to any other state even for my international crimes."

"I'm not sure about that-"

"Three. I'm gonna keep my Bambi plushie with me even in my cell. No one is allowed to ever take it away."

"Huh?"The investigator was visibly confused.

"Don't worry. There's nothing inside it. You may test it if you want. But don't destroy it."

The investigator pulled himself back together,"A peculiar request if I say so myself. May I ask why you want to keep it?"

Baeknyun smiled,"It's just special to me. And listen, I'm not gonna say a single thing unless you promise me all these three points. I will refute my whole confession and you won't ever be able to arrest me."

"I see. So, I am going to ask my higher ups about your requests and see what they think and then I will get back to you."

"Sure."

"But before I go..can I ask some questions. I'm just really curious."

"You may ask but I may not answer."

"What..why..I don't know how to ask..your surrender was so sudden. No one saw that coming. May I ask why did you suddenly decide to..surrender? When you got things going so well for you?"

Baekhyun smiled,"Dont publicize my answer."

He nodded. Seems like he's really curious.

"I found someone who's more important than my freedom,"Baekhyun smiled.

The investigator didn't seem to understand how someone as big as Night Rain surrender himself just for someone else? That too after all the searching police from so many countries did? Even FBI couldn't find him. They had almost lost hope of ever catching him. But what is this suddenly?

Baeknyun chuckled at his confused face,"Yeah I know. Even I'm shocked."

That's when another officer burst into the investigation room,"Sir, there's a situation. A girl with crazy blue hair somehow got in our office and demands us to let her meet Night Rain. She's causing a ruckus. We can't hold her still or arrest her as she might be a minor..sir what do we do about her?"

Baekhyun quickly got up and slammed his hand on the table,"Don't you dare hurt her, officer, please add another point if anyone hurts, arrests that girl out there I'm still gone refute my confession. And please let me meet her. She seriously won't leave before I meet her. Just for ten minutes. You can do it, right?"

The investigator nodded, stunned by this whole scenario. Then he looked at his college and said,"Get her to one those visiting rooms."

"..without hurting her,"Baekhyun added.

"Yes without hurting her."

The other officer bowed and left.

Baekhyun sat back down in his chair.

Unbelievable.

"How did she even get in? That crazy little brat,"Baekhyun said while massaging his forehead,"Never fails to surprise me. In fact I shouldn't even be surprised. She always somehow manages to get herself in trouble."

Seeing Baekhyun rant like this the investigator asked not being able to hold himself back,"Is she perhaps the special person?"

Baekhyun sighed,"Yes she is. Please don't reveal her identity to the press or anyone. Make sure no one knows she has ties with me."

"Sure will do,"The investigator said. He doesn't even know what he should be shocked about anymore. Night Rain turning herself in, him doing so because of a girl or the girl somehow getting in and causing a scene in their high security office? A high profile thief and a possible lunatic..made for each other?

Soon the other officer came and informed that the girl was sitting in a visiting room. The investigator asked the other officer to escort Baekhyun there. So he did. On the way down the hallway Baekhyun was mentally preparing himself to hear her screams but also give her a piece of his mind for pulling all this shit in a high profile police station.

The officer opened the door for him and he got in. As soon as he did he heard a loud bang and a very high pitched scream.

"BYUN FUCKING BAEKHYUN, ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE?"

The officer with him was blown away by the scream. He was shocked but he closed the door for them. Baeknyun was expecting this so he didn't even flinch. He looked up with the most serious expression he could show and saw Jian standing on the other side of the plexiglass of the visiting room looking disheveled.

"Are you insane? How did you even get in here? What were you trying to do, Jian? What if they arrested you? Do you know how dangerous this situation is?" Baekhyun asked while sitting down on the chair,"Sit down."

"Are you in the position to lecture me? When you are fucking going to prison? And that too for what? A drunk bitch who didn't know what she's talking about?"Jian screamed,"You totally didn't understand the assignment.."

"But you meant every word you said though,"Baekhyun said,"We both know you did. Tell me honestly...would you be able to live knowing the police might come and arrest me any damn second."

"Listen.."

"No you listen. You wouldn't. I don't want you to live like that. I don't want you to know more about my crimes and get pulled into my world. I want you to be safe and happy. I want you to achieve your dreams. Live your life. That is my wish. And I did this exactly for that."

"And what about what I want? I wanted you to always be by my side, Byun Baekhyun. To see me grow, to see me become my best version, to see me evolve because you are the reason of all of that happening. Now how the fuck am I supposed to live without you? Did you ever think of that?"

"Yes I did, you will do just fine. You will finish university, get a job, help animals, do everything. And I will pay for what I did. If once I come out..you still want to be with me, then we can be together. But if you don't..I still won't regret my decision."

"Of course I still would want to. But how can I spend so many years away without you constantly nagging, giving me advice, being with me? I'm not that strong, Baekhyun. I need you."

"I will always be with you, Jung Jian. Didn't you see in the movie last night that physical distance ain't shit when you got so much of an emotional bond?"

"That's a movie, Byun Baekhyun. This is real life!"

"To be honest. Our life is like a movie though, right? Or at least like the wattpad stories you read about your Baëkhyun Oppa."

This made both of them burst out in a small chuckle.

Jian sighed,"You are one selfish little fucker."

"Language, Jung Jian,"Baekhyun laughed again as Jian rolled her eyes.

"You know what? I was so happy today, I got in the university I wanted.."

"Yay I knew it."

"Shut up, I had promised myself that if I did I would confess my feelings. Now look at what bullshit I'm doing. That too because of your selfish ass that took this huge fucking decision without asking the sober me for one single time. I hate you so much."

"You went from I wanted to confess to I hate you real quick. What term do you use? 0 to 100 real quick?"

Jian again rolled her eyes,"Listen you did something so selfish, now I'm gonna do something more selfish. I'm gonna wait for you. I'm gonna hold on to you. No matter how many years it takes I'm gonna wait and once you fucking come out..I'm gonna..I'm gonna..."Tears streamed down her face, she looked away in attempt of hiding it from him,"Kill you for this."

Baekhyun wanted to reach through the glass and stroke her hair. But he couldn't so he just sighed,"You really don't have to wait for me."

"I don't have to but I fucking will. You didn't listen to me, why should I?"Jian asked while eventually pulling herself together.

"Do whatever suits you then, Miss. Oh yeah.. remember the time..you asked me what kind of adult do I think you would be? I thought about it and I think you will be one hell of an amazing ,charismatic and reliable adult. Who is also a little bit crazy."

"A little bit?"Jian asked.

"A whole lot, to be honest. I was just being nice."

"A bitch had promised me to stay by my side throughout my adulting process but look at him now,"Jian rolled her eyes again,"Liar."

"Didn't I just tell you physical distance ain't shit.."

"Yeah..I get it. Shut up."

Baekhyun smiled,"Now Miss, Do you mind telling me how you got Taehyung to bring you here? I told him to hold on even if you whoop his ass."

"Yeah..I tried to choke slam him, that didn't work. So..I emotional blackmailed him,"Jian smiled proudly,"Pretty smooth like?"

Baekhyun shook his head,"How did you get in here?"

"You don't want to know that."

He raised his eyebrows,"I do, what crazy shit did you do?"

"Well..it involves climbing, crawling, fighting, crying, shouting and almost getting shot and arrested."

"You're crazy, Jung Jian,"Baekhyun sighed.

"Guilty as charged."

"Oh I never got to congratulate you. Congratulations on getting into college. Best of luck for your future and adulting. I won't be able to see it but I'm always there for you."

"I know even if I say you won't take back your confession so best of luck to you too. I hope you won't regret this."

"I'm sure, I won't,"Baekhyun smiled.

He saw tears welling up in Jian's eyes again. She leaned closer and put her hand on the plexiglass. He also put his hand there. She then put her chin down on the table and said,"Byun Baekhyun. I did so well in my exam. It would be a waste if i don't give myself a present. So I'm gonna do what I originally had planned on doing. I had prepared roses and shit,"She sighed and then looked straight at Baekhyun.

"Byun Baekhyun, I know this is the most unromantic place in the world to say this, but..I..I love you,"Jian finally said,"I love you so so much. And thank you so much for coming in my life. I really really love you."

Baekhyun felt so many emotions right now. He didn't plan on crying but he can't have things his way right now. Tears were welling up in his eyes as well. He also put his chin down on his other hand mimicking her posture,"Remember the song I sang last night?"

She nodded as tears streamed down her face,"I...meant every line I said,"Baekhyun said with a smile even though his eyes were tearing up,"I love you, Jung Jian. So so much it's crazy. No matter how far you are, no matter where you are, I will always keep loving you."

And with that they both stayed in this position for quite awhile, looking at each other through the plexiglass crying, staying quiet but saying so much with their eyes.

The officers that were on duty of listening to the conversation were also feeling sad. They thought they had a really tough heart after being in the force for so many years. But seeing and hearing these two and their story and thinking about the years they would be apart broke their hearts too. Ten minutes had passed long ago but they were having trouble wanting to go in and get Baekhyun out.

These two are the proof that pure, selfless love still exists in this time and age.

The investigator was clueless at first as to why Baekhyun turned himself in for a girl. But seeing this..he understands. He could tell by the way the talked to each other, fought, looked at each other, everything.

This world infamous high profile thief and this borderline lunatic of a girl were meant for each other.

Undoubtedly.

___________________________

A/N:

I watch so many kdramas, I couldn't help myself from being dramatic and extra.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

5.7K 396 26
❝ why are you staring at me like that? it's making me nauseous ❞
38.5K 1.7K 12
when min gaeun creates a troll Instagram to message her school crush. "if i can't get myself to talk to him, i'll do it another way, a way without em...
6.7K 464 28
"Shoot me" You couldn't help but force a chuckle, in disbelief at what you just heard. A fully loaded gun in your hand that was placed in between Gah...
4.2K 251 10
Yixing is confused and infatuated. Baekhyun is an insufferable, shameless flirt. OR Baekhyun and Yixing have fun. Mostly at night. :) _________...