Dick Grayson x Reader Oneshot...

By Hermionegalathynius2

Just a few oneshots about your favourite boy wonder. I don't do smuts and I don't do angst, just fluff pieces... More

Don't Ever Let it End
Better than Talking About it
Soulmate AU
Heartbreak
Inter-Universal
Mrs G
Prompt List and Request Rules
Jason Todd x Reader

I Never Hated You

1.8K 43 19
By Hermionegalathynius2

  Dick may come off as a little harsh in this one, but for the sake of the story line, I had to write it like that.
  Basically, Y/n thinks Nightwing hates her, but the reality is quite the opposite.
  Enjoy ;)

  From the minute you met him, Nightwing had always hated your guts. Being the leader of the team, he tried not to show it in front of the other members, but you could see he wanted nothing to do with you. Whenever you tried to give some insight on an important matter being discussed, he would clench his jaw and scowl.

  You had no clue why he hated you. You had been positively polite to him when you were introduced to the team by Black Canary, your legal guardian. You had been nervous to meet the team you were joining, and hadn't necessarily been confident when Dinah left you with them to go do some work. They had been all smiles and warm welcomes, but Nightwing... he had given you one look and walked away.

  A few days later you had bumped into him in the hallway, too busy examining a large gash on your arm from a mission to notice him coming around the corner.

  "Look where you're going next time," he'd snapped at you when you'd apologised.

  Having grown a bit more comfortable with the team, you had the confidence to scowl and say, "I said I'm sorry. No need to be harsh."

  He'd scoffed and walked away. Again.
  From then on, you and him were constantly at each other's necks. You got so frustrated with how he treated you. You'd seen him with the others, and Tim had told you he was usually a happy-go-lucky kind of person. But with you he seemed to always be in a bad mood.

  It was too bad, considering you were good friends with Cass. Seeing as Black Canary had raised you since you were little, Batman trusted you enough to let Cass tell you her identity. And, to know one, meant to know all of them, so you knew Nightwing was Dick Grayson. So, knowing their identities, you could sometimes be found around the manor, helping Alfred with things from cleaning to cooking. Cass, you and Barbra would have girls' nights every now and then, so you found yourself spending many mornings in the same kitchen as Dick.

  Another problem was that you didn't actually hate the guy. You had seen his good side when he wasn't looking. You had seen how much he cared for his family, how determined he was to accomplish every mission, and how sweet he could be when he was talking to someone he didn't hate.

  You definitely didn't hate him. In fact, you were starting to fall for him. And it hurt, because you knew you had no chance. He hated you, after all.

———

  Today had been a crappy day. School sucked. You failed a test you studied really hard for, and all you wanted was an easy day at the base. No missions, no drama. Apparently the universe decided otherwise.

  "Alfa Team is me, Impulse, Blue Beetle, and Yellow Canary. Beta is Batgirl, Wondergirl, Robin and Beast Boy. Batgirl, you lead Beta Team. Report to me once you're in position," Dick said, his cowl hiding the crease you knew he got between his eyes when he was in 'superhero mode'.

  You were slightly shocked he had decided to put you on his team. Usually he put you in Beta or Gamma. Sometimes in Delta, if there were that many teams. Maybe he was starting to not hate you so much...?

  Highly unlikely.

  He probably just wanted to keep a closer eye on you.

  The thought of Dick not trusting you enough to put you under someone else's lead did nothing to better your mood.

———

  "The building is going to fall! All teams, get out of there now! And bring as many civilians out with you!" Dick called over the coms.

  You were on one of the higher levels, so your stomach dropped at his words. Yelling at the scientists around you to "Follow me!" you started to make your way to the nearest window. You were the only vigilante on this floor, you knew. Taking a deep breath, you grappled the civilians one by one to the roof of the next building, before preparing to escape yourself. But then you saw it. The device you'd come to retrieve. Lying on a table.

  The building shuddered as you started making your way to it.

  Holding a hand to your ear, you said into your ear piece, "This is Yellow Canary to Nightwing, I have the device in my sights. I'm going to go get it before this building collapses on top of it. I repeat, I am going to get the device."

  The building shuddered again, except more violently this time. You had to grip the wall to keep yourself from falling over.

  "Nightwing to Yellow Canary, forget about the device! Get out now! I repeat, get out now!"

  You reached the device just as the building started to collapse. Bits of ceiling fell down around you, a shard of glass cutting your cheek, making you hiss.

  "Yellow Canary to Nightwing. I'm not leaving without the device! Not even if it kills me!"

  With the device clutched in your hand, you ignored the other voices shouting at you in your ear to get out, as you staggered back to the window. The building was lurching constantly now, making it difficult to aim your grappling gun.

  Swearing, you took a few steps back before running flat out and jumping. The world seemed to stop as you watched your legs fly over the gap between the two buildings. On your way out of the window, you cut your side open on a piece of glass.

  The impact of your landing made you cry out in pain and you fell onto the concrete roof, hitting your head on the edge. The world went black.

———

  You woke up to the sound of the persistent beeping of a heart monitor. Someone's hand was gripping your own and your nose filled with the familiar hospital smell of antibiotics and hand sanitizer.

  You blinked up at the white ceiling, squinting at the brightness. The movement caused a sharp throb to go through your head, making you groan.

  "You're awake!" a voice called out.

  You turned your head, wincing at the pain the slight movement caused, and saw Cass and Dinah. Flicking your eyes to the door, you noticed Oliver leaning in the doorframe. He gave you a small smile.

  "How, how did I get here? The last thing I remember is jumping out of a collapsing building," you murmured.

  Cass winced and Dinah answered, "That's because you hit your head and got a concussion. You also lost a lot of blood from a gash on your side. We thought you were dead, but then Impulse found you on that roof and called for help. Nightwing carried you back to the street where an ambulance took you here. The doctor promised to keep your identity secret."

  "Wait," you said, brow furrowing in confusion, "Nightwing carried me? Why on Earth would he do that?"

  Cass shrugged, "Well, you were unconscious and Bart wasn't strong enough to carry you, so Nightwing did."
  You shook your head, "I know, it's just... I thought he hated me?"

  Oliver chuckled from the doorway, "Not from the way he's been worrying, kid. He hasn't stopped trying to find the person responsible for the building's collapse since you were injured. Neither Bruce nor Alfred have seen him at the manor once."

  Cass nodded, "Yeah. And I haven't seen him in civilian clothes since then either. I think he cares for you a lot more than you realise."

  You thought about their words for the rest of the day. Was it possible? Could Dick really not hate you as much as you thought?

  However, those thoughts were slowly disappearing over the next few days. You were visited by every member of the team except him. They all told you how much they admired your courage and how, without you, they would be a lot further behind on finding this villain than they were.

  After a week you were discharged, and another two weeks later you were allowed to start training again.

  You zeta tubed to Mt. Justice and found the whole team waiting for you with a sign that read:

Welcome Back Yellow Canary!

  They had all signed it with little notes, thanking you for what you'd done.

  They then proceeded to wrap you in a group hug. As this was happening, you caught sight of Dick in his Nightwing suit walking around the corner.
  You sighed.

  "I'm gonna go train a bit. I'll see you all at lunch, yeah?" you said to Cass, Barbra and Tim. They smiled and nodded.

  You went to the bathroom and changed into a tank top and yoga pants and tied your hair into a high ponytail. Water bottle in hand, you made your way to the training room.

  However, someone was already there. Punching the punching bags rather angrily.

  "Oh, Nightwing. I didn't know you were here. Sorry, I'll just go-"

  "Why'd you do it?" he asked, turning to you.

  You noticed his cowl was off, allowing you to see his bright blue eyes.

  "Do what?" you asked, confused. You really hoped he wasn't going to pick a fight with you right now.

  "I told you not to. I told you to get out. But you didn't. You ignored me!"

  You scowled, was he effing serious??
  "Well I'm sorry for putting other lives ahead of my own! I'm sorry for doing my job and protecting innocent people!" you exclaimed.

  He was fuming, "Protecting innocent people at the cost of your own life wasn't your job! I gave you a direct order to get you and the civilians out. Then you went and disobeyed my orders and almost got yourself killed in the process!" he growled, walking forward until there was half a meter between the two of you.

  "What do you care?" you shouted, finally snapping, "You wouldn't have given a damn if I died getting that device because you hate my guts! So you don't get to reprimand me about almost dying if you wouldn't have given a shit if I'd never woken up on that hospital bed!"

  He clenched his jaw, "You have no idea what you're talking about. You have no clue what I would've felt if you'd never woken up, or if Bart had never found you! I don't know what I would've done if that had been the case, because when it comes to you, my mind goes blank and says things I will forever regret saying and that I can never take back!"

  You glared harshly at him, "Don't go making excuses! I'm not stupid! I can see when someone hates me, and you're not exactly subtle about it!"

  Dick ran his hands through his hair, frustratedly, "You don't get it! My mind doesn't go blank because I hate you! That's not it at all! It's because... because..."

  "Because what, Richard? Please, do share," you spat, voice dripping with sarcasm.

  He groaned, "Screw it."

  Then, before you could think or react, his hands were on your face and his lips were on yours.

  The kiss wasn't passionate, or heated. It wasn't really more than a quick, but firm peck, but it left you breathless and wide-eyed.

  "Because I love you," he said, staring at you intently, "I love you, but you hate me. And it's my fault because I messed up when we met. I was so... blown away by you, that I wasn't sure how to handle it. So when you bumped into me in the hallway, I said the first thing that came to mind, and it's been like that since. Everything I say and do around you, it always ends with me sounding like a jerk, but I cannot seem to stop it! I just wish I could go back and start over. Say the right thing, do th-"

  You cut him off by kissing him, this time making it last longer. Your hands rested on his chest, thumbs running over the smooth fabric of the suit. Dick's hands moved to your hair and hip, bringing you closer.

  This kiss felt electric, every touch was like fire against your skin. Your heart beat like a hummingbird's. Dick's tongue swiped your bottom lip and you opened your mouth.

  "You just did," you murmured when you broke apart.

  He grinned, leaning his forehead against yours, "So I take it you don't actually hate me?" he asked.

  You giggled and kissed his jaw softly, "No. I never hated you."

  "Good, cause I never hated you," he said before kissing you again.

  A little bit of an enemies to lovers troupe! What did you think?
  Thanks for reading ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.1K 1.6K 83
I started this series in high school and here I am in my last year of uni still going with it. If you're a fan you know the drill and if you're new y...
241K 4.5K 23
Have you ever wanted to experience a day with the batboys? Hello! I do plenty of One-shots for the BatBoys, If you would like a specific One-shot the...
1.4M 31.6K 200
I got bored again and I am a big fan of DC comics so yeah. I hope you guys enjoy! Request too! I don't bite! most of the one shots will be about the...
1K 11 6
First time doing oneshots so if it's bad or anything lemme know. Will contain: Wholesomeness(very low chance) Angst Self-harm Characters: Bruce Alfr...