Ephemeral

By jumping_bear

Hey besties! This book is about Lucia, a 16-year-old, who is a street fighter and assassin. She had a few am... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Author's note
NEW BOOK
SEQUEL

Chapter 28

5K 119 21
By jumping_bear

Angelo didn't join us for dinner.

"Sooo. What movie?" Isaac asked.

"DESPICABLE ME." We all yelled as one.

As Isaac searched for the movie Luca scooted closer to me.

"Is Angelo gonna join us?" he whispered.

"I don't know.."

He scooted back to Isaac.

I went to the back to get some popcorn.

Yes. My brothers have a popcorn machine in the movie room.

"Hey Angelo.'; I said as I walked past the entrance.

Wait.

"The Angel has arrived." I announced.

I almost tripped over Matteo's foot. "Dude keep your long ass leg to yourself."

"Angelo....You gonna stand there forever?" Isaac asked.

"Maybe."

"We're watching DESPICABLE ME!" Luca cheered.

A smile appeared on Angelo's face as he snuggled himself with us. We love minions. 

We talked, we laughed, we joked.

As a family.

And that's how the rest of the night went. 

------------ a year later------------

"LUCIAAAA. COME DOWN NOW OR I'M STEALING YOUR SOUR PATCH." My twin yelled. 

Geez he's not even in his room how the hell can he yell so loud. "OKAY GEEZ LEAVE MY BABIES ALONE." I screamed as I ran into the living room.

"Finally." Angelo mumbled. "Let's go people."

It's a year since Antonio's death. He left a note for us with tickets to the biggest carnival. Angelo found it as he was going through his stuff.

Flashback 

"Watchu looking for?" I asked as I jumped onto Antonio's bed. Angelo was furiously looking through his stack of paper that was placed messily on Antonio's desk.

"There has to be something here." he stopped and looked at me. "Few years ago, when mum and dad died, Matteo made us all write something and keep it in our room. Because we're in the mafia, you'll never know when your last day is so we left a note or box or any shit." He continued looking around.

"You know, if it was for after  a person's death, do you really think Antonio would just leave it on his desk?" 

"HUH. You have a point." 

I hummed. "Maybe is in his walk in closet since it's bigger? Or maybe the bathroom. No way it'll be in his desk."

After an hour of looking through his huge bathroom and closet, we finally found the note he left.

"HOLY SHIT."

"WHAT WHAT???" I asked trying to look over his shoulder. His huge broad shoulder's blocking me so I hit him. 

"OWW." Angelo complaint as he showed me the paper. 

Flashback over

So now here we are. I sat in the car as Wyatt drove. There were ten tickets. Me, Wyatt, Luca, Matteo, Flavio, Angelo, Adrian, Lily, Isaac and Marcus.

Antonio said that there's a letter/note for each of us. I didn't think he would write for me too. I wish I was there for my family. I miss him so much. My brothers cheered up and became less of a zombie after they read Antonio's letter. And ya you probably guessed it. I have not read it. I mean I want to but like I don't know when. 

"Valencia, what's on your mind?" A voice suddenly asked. 

"What do you mean?" 

"Suddenly the car carpet's interesting to you?" Wyatt said. "You've been staring at it the whole drive. We've arrived."

I looked around. Indeed we have. "Nothing, Just a short flashback about Antonio."

"Hmm." he leaned in and kissed me. "Try to enjoy tonight okay?" 

-------Few hours later-------

"C'MON YETI LET'S GO ON THAT RIDEEEEE." I begged and tried to pull Wyatt with me to the biggest rollercoaster in this whole fucking place but not succeeding. How is he not moving? Did he glue himself onto the floor??? WTH

"Valencia, you've went on all the rollercoasters here isn't that enough?" he groaned.

"Well, those aren't as fun as this one will be."

"Love, you said for every single fucking ride."

"Ew. Don't say that you remind me of Adrian. But those are different. This rollercoaster is hugeee."

"That's what you said too."

"Urghhh fine. I'll go on my own then. Maybe Adrian will be happy to go on the ride with me." I said and walked off. Not a second later someone grabbed my hand pulling me onto a solid chest. "OH he wouldn't dare." Wyatt mumbled by my ear. I shivered a little. This boy here, ladies and gentlemen, can make me feel weird things that no one can.

Wyatt walked ahead of me, leaving me there standing. "Aren't you gonna come, Lucia." I quickly walked after him, hitting his arm. "I hate you." I mumbled. It sound weird for him to call me Lucia. He knows that too so now he's using it to annoy me. "Oh I know you love me."

"Oh I know you love me." I mimicked him. He stuck his tongue out and I mimicked his action.

"It weird how you two are the world's best you know what when you act like kids." Luca said as we approached the line. Looks like we're gonna be in the same cart. How interesting.

"I know right. How can they even be afraid of you. Wait no. I remember now. Forget I say that." Isaac mumbled.

After many many years of waiting, it was finally our turn on the ride. We switched place with Luca and Isaac because I wanted to be in the first. Also to avoid the saliva and the death scream from Luca. "Buckle up everyone, it's gonna be a bumpy ride." The dude in charge said through he mic and we're now moving. Let's gooo.

"AHHHHH IM GONNA DIE." MY twin yelled.

Wyatt and I looked back at him weirdly. "Dude we're not even falling yet." Wyatt said. It was true, we were going up to the top of the track.

"This is gonna be so fun. DOG IN THE HOUSE" I yelled as we dropped. "WOHOOOOOOO I LOVE YOU ANTONIO."

"YAYYYYYYYYY." Wyatt and Isaac screamed and we held our hands up in the air.

"OMG YOURE GONNA DIEEEEE."

We continue cheering while Luca screams. Once we arrived back at the starting point, Luca ran straight to be bin nearby.

"I have NO idea how you managed to persuade him to go on the ride." I laughed.

Isaac shrugged while laughing. "I just promised to get him gummy bears."

"Ohhhhh." I skipped over to my brother, giving him a tissue. "Hey lovely twin, will you go on another ride with me? I'll buy you gummy bears."

He looked at me with a puking face. "Hell no." He mumbled, walking away.

I quickly catch up to him. "Oh come on, I 'll buy you 2 packs of gummy bears. Three? The whole big ass store of it?"

He shook his head, "Nuh-uh."

"Awww please. please. Pretty please. I sad the please word. OR is the word gummy bear. No. Luca. Sloth PLEASEEEEE."

"What's going on with her?" Flavio asked. WE were now in a food store. I mean Restaurant.

"Those three." Luca yelled and pointed at us. "Is crazy. They're freaking crazy. How would anyone wants to play the roller-coaster. Why do people call it that? It should be The death ride."

Isaac wrapped on arm around his shoulder. "Come on, let's get you gummy." he said and Luca mumbled an okay before following his boyfriend like a lost puppy.

"The only person in the world freaking world that could make Luca follow them like a lost puppy is Isaac." Matteo said and we agreed. "I'm gonna get some err... whatever food they have here. Don't die." he mumbled and walked off with Lily and Flavio. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey friends, I'm gonna start making the chapters longer so the book wouldn't end up with ten thousand chapters. 

Hope you enjoy this chapter 

Have a great day ahead :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 4K 26
"Once upon a time there was a happy little girl... then she grew up and turned into a monster." •••••••••• Calista and Iris are 16 years old. They we...
3.7K 127 6
Reunion: noun an instance of two or more people coming together again after a period of separation. _______________ _______________ Its been three m...
2.8K 113 17
Just cause I feel like it Very casual and probably not long Guaranteed to be bad and most likely cringey Cover art by ayaminecraft on Twitter
466K 9.2K 60
"I am Camellia. Camellia Celestia Durazzo and I bow to no man". Dive into the tumultuous life of Camellia Celestia Durazzo, Every moment is a battle...