Harry Potter and the Bucket L...

By Darkpetal16

Being reincarnated as Harry Potter's fraternal twin sister really puts a new meaning behind "death is but the... More

Pre-School 1
Pre-School 2
Pre-School 3
Pre-School 4
Pre-School 5
Year 1 - 1
Year 1 - 2
Year 1 - 3
Year 1 - 4
Year 1 - 5
Year 1 - 6
Year 1 - 7
Year 1 - 8
Year 2 - 1
Year 2 - 2
Year 2 - 3
Year 2 - 4
Year 2 - 5
Year 2 - 6
Year 2 - 7
Year 2 - 8
Year 3 - 1
Year 3 - 2
Year 3 - 3
Year 3 - 4
Year 3 - 5
Year 4 - 1
Year 4 - 2
Year 4 - 3
Year 4 - 4
Year 4 - 5
Year 4 - 6 (The Yule Ball)
Year 4 - 7
Year 4 - 8
Year 4 - 9
Year 4 - 10
Year 5 - 1
Year 5 - 2
Year 5 - 3
Year 5 - 4
Year 5 - 5
Year 5 - 6
Year 5 - 7 (Wand Monogamy)
Year 5 - 8
Year 5 - 9
Year 5 - 10 (Rosier Raid)
Year 5 - 11
Year 5 - 12
Year 5 - 13
Year 5 - 14
Year 5 - 15
Year 5 - 16
Year 5 - 17
Year 6 - 1
Year 6 - 2
Year 6 - 3
Year 6 - 4
Year 6 - 5
Year 6 - 6
Year 6 - 7 (Tom's Interlude)
Year 6 - 8
Epilogue - Year 7
Epilogue - Graduation
The Bucket List / Q&A
NewGame+ 1
NewGame+ 2

Year 6 - 9

6.6K 389 288
By Darkpetal16

 Beta: Cloudy

Shout out to JuneToons for a cute fanart of Rosie!

(≖‿‿≖)ノ⌒●~*

Originally, I planned to explore the Chamber of Secrets in my seventh year after N.E.W.T.s.

The fact that Tom hadn't even found the spare chambers Salazar Slytherin hid during his tenure at Hogwarts meant they were incredibly well hidden, and given Salazar's penchant for the Dark Arts and... you know, the fact that he put a basilisk in a school meant the hidden rooms were likely dangerous.

I wanted to be as well prepared as I could before tackling the Chamber of Secrets.

But now that Tom and I were planning on jumping back in time, that meant I had to readjust.

Namely—

"My, my," said Dumbledore as he looked around the Chambers of Secrets.

Right behind him was Hagrid, who was nervously wringing his hands.

That's right.

I taught them how to open the Chamber.

"Pretty impressive, right?" I asked.

"Very much," he said, observing some architecture.

"Think you'll be able to find a curse-breaker team to raid it?" I asked, idly twirling one of my curls.

"I believe curse-breakers across the world would jump at the opportunity to explore the Chambers over the summer," said Dumbledore.

"Excellent. All I ask is a detailed report of all of their findings. I don't care about keeping any of it, I just want to know what they found and how they found it," I said with a smile.

After all, why should I take that risk when I could let a bunch of complete strangers do it, then when Tom and I jumped back in time we could reap the benefits?

Showing off the Chambers wasn't the only reason I had brought Dumbledore and Hagrid along.

I actually wanted to introduce them to the basilisk, and try to have the basilisk become part of the seventh years' curriculum. It was something I had recently brought up with the basilisk when I visited the snake last week. It was quite the conversation.

The old basilisk kept blending Old English, Latin, and modern English. I was decent at Latin, but not fluent enough to easily keep up with him.

It was a long conversation on top of it all, nearly all night.

Salazar imprinted upon him one purpose—to protect Hogwarts. He was previously under the impression that it needed protecting from Muggle-borns and Muggles, and it took a lot of explaining to dissuade that impression.

From that point, it was time to decide what to do with him now. He wanted to remain in Hogwarts since that was his home, and I agreed with him.

But, I didn't want him to be alone down here.

I asked him if he'd be okay becoming part of Hogwarts' curriculum—a creature to be introduced for seventh year students in Care of Magical Creatures and Defense Against the Dark Arts. It seemed like a win-win scenario. I wouldn't be able to take him with me after I graduated anymore, and basilisks were talked about in sixth and seventh year classes. Also, you know, he deserved a proper home.

That was why I brought Hagrid along.

"Come out on, dear one," I hissed out to the statue.

The basilisk slithered out, his eyes shut tight. He inhaled deeply, sniffing at Dumbledore, then at Hagrid.

"This," I said, moving closer to Dumbledore, "is the Headmaster."

"Headmaster," repeated the basilisk. "Magister?"

With a smile, I confirmed, "Yes. And this—" I stepped next to Hagrid." —is the Groundskeeper and professor of Care for Magical Creatures."

"Professor," echoed the snake. "Half-giant?"

"Yes," I said, then nudged Hagrid.

Hagrid stepped forward, a big grin on his face as he eagerly stretched out a hand for the basilisk to smell. "'Ello. Rosie said yeh can understand?"

The basilisk let out a long hiss then moved his head up and down.

"Bloody brilliant," breathed Hagrid, petting the basilisk's nose. "Beautiful."

"He doesn't have a name yet," I said. "But I was thinking about maybe Basileus?"

Dumbledore raised an eyebrow. "The Greek word for king?"

"Mm-hmm."

"Sounds like a wonderful name," said Dumbledore.

"Basileus," said Hagrid firmly. "Good name. I 'ope teh get 'long with yeh, Basileus."

Basileus let out a long hiss,"Thank you."

"He said thanks. Um... he'll know to close his eyes when he smells you or Dumbledore now," I said, gently patting his snout. "Thanks, Hagrid."

Hagrid patted the basilisk's snout, a soft smile on his face. "'Appy to 'elp. Basilisks are seriously misun'erstood creatures, yeah?"

"Yeah," I agreed, looking over at Dumbledore. "I'll pass along some extra funds to build a tunnel from the Chambers to Hagrid's menagerie over the summer."

"Many thanks," said Dumbledore, blue eyes twinkling.

(≖‿‿≖)ノ⌒●~*

So much to do in what felt like too little time.

In between classes, studying, and socializing, I had to prepare for my inevitable departure.

I had made a lot of reforms in the government, but I had to admit I was nervous about what it would become without my guidance. I wanted to make sure I had as many laws in place to protect my fluffies, the future of Muggle-borns, and House Elves. Using my connection to Rita, I found several talented writers, and I paid them generously to begin writing positive propaganda regarding the worgens. Over the summer they would be sent to the village where Odette and her wife would provide them with all the information they needed.

Their works would be released over several years, each coinciding with an article written by Rita and published to the Daily Prophet. We'd pump the media with so much positivity regarding my worgens the masses would be swayed to their direction for years to come.

Coupling that with Berit's inevitable entry into the Wizengamot, I felt more comfortable about my village's chance for the future.

I had to work on my will as well—since I would have to be declared dead. The profits I had originally been reaping from the village's botany and potions business would be entirely redirected back into the village. Profits obtained from my side business in potions for vampires with Anyo would be directed to Hogwarts. The stocks I had purchased in the Muggle world would be given over to Hermione so she could continue to fund research regarding freeing the House Elves. I hoped we'd find a cure for them before I left, but I had to acknowledge there was the possibility that may not happen, and so I wanted to make sure Hermione could.

Harry already had stocks in his name that I purchased for him years ago, so I left details explaining how he could find them. Sil also knew about all the stocks, so she could explain anything I didn't forget to Harry.

Sil... I was going to have to bind her to someone else. Kreacher was still bound to Sirius, so my departure wouldn't kill him. I'm sure he would miss me—as I would miss him—but I couldn't take him with me.

It was already going to be one hell of a complex ritual. It would be best to avoid adding complications.

Iris would likely have to be summoned after the fact. As she was my familiar, our bond should theoretically be upheld through time travel. I'd have an easier time summoning her to me, than I would getting her to survive the initial ritual with me and Tom.

Whatever money I actually had left when Tom and I departed, I willed to be split between Fenrir and Harry.

Although Harry wouldn't need any of it since he'd solely inherit the Potter fortune now. On top of likely inheriting the Black fortune when Sirius passed away.

But he was my twin, and I just wanted to make triple sure he'd be taken care of.

Fenrir was making a decent living in the village. I paid him pretty well to manage it, after all, but he was getting closer to retirement. I suspected the worgens would have an extended life in comparison to wizards—there were a lot of vitality ingredients used—but Fenrir's body had already taken a significant beating before his transition. He had a rough life and his body was paying the price for it.

He'd need to start slowing down within the next decade. I wanted to make sure he'd be comfortable doing so, and have enough to cover any unpredictable medical expenses that came with old age.

I let out a long sigh.

"That was a heavy sigh," commented Harry.

The two of us were heading into Hogsmeade together. My babeh snakes left earlier that morning, but I had some letters I had to send out before I could leave. Harry, as captain of the Quidditch team, had to set up reservations for the pitch and so he also wasn't able to leave with his friends in the morning.

The two of us coincidentally ran into each other on our way down.

"So much to do," I said. "So little time."

Harry grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze.

"Anything I can do to help?" he asked.

"Being an amazingly supportive brother is already plenty," I assured him with a smile, which he returned.

Harry asked, "Do you want to get some butterbeer with me?"

"Sure, but it'll have to wait until lunch," I said. "I need to hit up the apothecary."

"You can't mail order?"

"I need whispersoce," I explained. "Too volatile to mail. Professor Snape's out, too, so I'm getting some for both of us."

Harry's face reflexively scrunched up at the mention of his least favorite professor. "What's he need it for? He doesn't teach potions."

"Just because he doesn't teach it doesn't mean he's stopped doing it."

Harry sighed. "I suppose even a cranky bully like him has hobbies."

I leaned into Harry briefly as we walked. "Aww. I'm sorry he's been so mean to you."

"It's been better," admitted Harry. "I don't know why someone like him is teaching though."

"I suspect he'll celebrate an immediate retirement as soon as a certain Dark Lord has been properly vanquished," I said brightly.

"For the sake of my future children I hope so."

"Ooo. Already thinking about your future kiddos?" I teased, nudging him.

Harry sent me a withering look. "You know what I meant."

"So will Daphne have kids from you and Draco or—?"

"Rosie!"

"What?" I innocently asked with a smug smile. "Do you want me to devise a ritual so she can carry twins from two different fathers?"

"NO!"

"Oh my gosh you're so red—"

"ROSIE."

I laughed, sprinting away when Harry tried to put me in a choke hold.

(≖‿‿≖)ノ⌒●~*

The apothecary in Hogsmeade was near the outskirts. It took me several minutes of briskly maneuvering through the heavy crowds to finally even see the building.

I loved Hogsmeade, but I much preferred to visit it with fewer crowds.

Certainly a lot of people out this weekend, I thought, ducking through the alleyways to enter a less traversed street.

Thankfully, the crowds thinned out the further away I moved from the main shopping area. The apothecary was a lone shop amongst houses of elderly witches and wizards which meant I got to enjoy an empty road for a bit.

I gave myself a small half-smile when I finally reached the apothecary. I should treat myself after this. Butterbeer with snickerdoodles? Ooo it's been so long since I've had cookies...

As I was reaching for the door knob—

Explosions rocked my world, the resounding boom shaking the ground so violently I nearly fell down. I caught myself on the door, whipping my head around to stare with wide eyes at the massive pillar of flames that stretched into the sky.

Tornadoes of flame and debris erupted further into Hogsmeade, screams pierced the air as Dark Marks shot up all around.

"Oh," I breathed out loud, turning on my heel and ducking into an alleyway. "Kreacher! Sil!"

Both of my House Elves immediately appeared. I dove behind some crates, hiding as I hurriedly whispered, "Kreacher, get to Hogwarts and tell all the professors that the Death Eaters are raiding Hogsmeade. Sil, go to the village and tell Tom and Fenrir. Follow their instructions."

At once, they disappeared again, and I let out a long breath as screams filled the air.

Shivers ran down my arms, the telltale sign of—

I glanced up at the gray skies, astonished to find it was dotted with dementors.

Hundreds of dementors.

That—

It was then that I knew that the death toll would be unavoidable.

There were Aurors stationed at Hogsmeade—and surely many more would show up in the next half hour—but in comparison to the population of Hogsmeade and Hogwarts students attending Hogsmeade?

If the dementors did not devour the soul, the Death Eaters would murder them. It wasn't a matter of how skillful the Aurors were—it was a matter of simple math.

Not enough would show up to save everyone.

Frankly, in the time it took me to dive into the alleyway and call for my House Elves, I would not be surprised if others had already perished. More explosions made me quiver as screams crescendoed shrilly into the air before being abruptly cut off. The smell of smoke filled my lungs, along with the familiar metallic tang of blood.

Priority one: find Harry, I thought to myself.

Perhaps if there weren't so many dementors I would have felt nervous, or anxious. But their overwhelming presence made it impossible to feel anything other than cool, detached, tranquility.

I did not dare cast the Patronus. Not only would it prevent me from quickly casting other spells, it'd be a dead giveaway to my position. As someone fortunate enough to not be debilitated by dementors, I was in a unique position to move without the Patronus.

I was tempted to call out to Kreacher and ask him about Harry, but I refrained.

House Elves could only Apparate so many times a day, and the greater the distance they had to travel, the more taxing it would be. Kreacher and Sil would likely be exhausted after my initial orders. Dobby was not bound to me, and so I could not call him.

I had to trust in Harry's ability to fend for himself until I could get to him.

I cast as many silencing spells as I could on myself, followed by disillusionment charms, and notice-me-not. I was ashamed I had not thought to bring my Deathly Hollow-grade invisibility cloak, but my expertise as a thief had instilled in me the capability of casting powerful stealth charms. I would not be noticed unless I did something to directly call attention to me—such as loudly speaking, or touching them.

Dementors were obviously immune to such tricks, but it did not matter. They could not feed on me, and by consequence, they would ignore me unless I called out to them.

Better prepared, I clamored up to the rooftops and surveyed my surroundings.

Mayhem.

The screams came from all over as scores of bodies swarmed the streets. Buildings exploded, smoke billowing out into the sky as dementors circled above with some randomly dive bombing onto unprotected civilians. Aurors worked in tangent teams, a few casting Patronuses while others worked on combating the enemy force.

It was not only Death Eaters and dementors attacking Hogsmeade. Acromantulas, quintapeds, and giants could be seen scattered about. I shivered as I saw an acromantula tackle a witch to the ground and tear into her face. That was gruesome, but seeing the one of the quintapeds devour another—

Horrible. I had seen death first hand—murdered in cold blood myself—but the sheer volume of grisly and brutal attacks was enough to make me feel sick to my stomach. Blood soaked into the air, filling my nostrils as the screams of pure terror chilled me in a way the dementors never could.

I hopped from rooftop to rooftop—the buildings were grouped closely together so there wasn't much distance between them—and broke the necks of any Death Eater looking the other way.

Harry probably met up with his friends at the Three Broomsticks.

As I leapt from another rooftop, suddenly a powerful force pulled me down onto the ground. It happened so quickly, I did not have any time to react.

I stared down with wide eyes at the web that clung onto my abdomen, looking sharply up at the acromantula that had yanked me down. It skittered as it drew closer to me, and I immediately Accio'd its legs off its body. Its shrill shriek of pain had the other acromantulas surrounding me within seconds.

Right—they could probably still smell me. No spell to block that.

I shot off as many spells as I could, not pausing to think or consider my actions. I needed to get rid of them as quickly as possible before—

Another web rocketed too fast for me to defend and it slammed into my right hand. The force was enough to knock away my wand, and the sticky substance made it impossible for me to pull it off me.

A cold, nauseating stone dropped into my stomach as the spiders hurried to devour me then—

Searing cold pain gripped my sticky hand as I was yanked up into the air quickly.

I looked up at my savior, eyes wide. "Booboo!"

Booboo lifted me into his painfully cold arms, slowly disintegrating my cloak and clothes wherever he directly touched.

"Oh, Booboo thank you," I said.

Booboo cocked his head, a soft, rattling whisper carrying over the wind, "Friend."

I smiled adoringly. "Yes. We are friends."

"Birdie," said Booboo, carefully setting me down on another rooftop.

"Birdie—?"

"GET AWAY!" snarled a deep voice as a giant fluffy worgen barreled in between Booboo and me. Fenrir's tail wrapped around me, yanking me to stand behind him as he snarled dangerously at Booboo.

"Fenrir, it's okay!" I soothed quickly. "This is Booboo, my friend."

Fenrir abruptly stopped growling to peer at me. "What?"

"Booboo say hi," I said, doing the spirit fingers.

Booboo showcased his spirit fingers for Fenrir.

"See? Friend," I said. "Fenrir, buddy! I'm so glad to see you."

"Glad yer okay," said Fenrir, straightening up and handing me a duffle bag. "Yer mate told meh teh give yeh this. I'll stay with yeh, Rosie. No one will hurt yeh."

"Aww," I said, stepping onto my tippy toes to kiss Fenrir's fluffy cheek. "Thanks buddy. Ah! Great, I've got clothes in here. Stand guard for me while I change."

"Yes ma'am."

"Booboo, block the other side," I said, quickly changing into clothes that weren't half-rotted due to being directly touched by a dementor. Loved Booboo and all, but dementors always froze and or rotted anything they touched which made hugging them rather tricky.

Worth it, though.

As soon as I was done changing, a giant magical red barrier shot up around Hogsmeade. It surprised me until I recognized what it was.

"Oh. Tom's barrier," I said.

Fenrir let out a long growl at seeing it, "What kind of barrier is that?"

I flippantly answered him, "Anti-apparition, anti-floo, anti-port key, anti flying runes—you know so brooms won't work."

Fenrir stared at me in abject disbelief that morphed into fury. He snarled, "So 'e trapped us in 'ere with the enemy?"

"No. He trapped them in with us."

(≖‿‿≖)ノ⌒●~*

(Tom)

Tom was enjoying a nice cuppa tea as he worked on the time travel ritual in his office. There had already been many proposed rituals in the past, some even devised by Merlin himself. Tom had procured as many notes on them as he could, quickly tossing out any that had incorrect math to support their idea.

Merlin's initial draft seemed the most likely to work at a glance. He, like Rosie, proposed time hopping through alternate realities. Completely ahead of its time. Merlin never finished the draft, however, because he could not foresee a way to power such a ritual without significant human cost. Merlin estimated it would take hundreds of thousands of human lives sacrificed for one person to use it.

Power was not something Tom had to be concerned about. Jump-starting the Hades' ritual to what occurred at the Rosier manor would have taken two to three human sacrifices. One incomplete stone did that.

Rosie had already stockpiled a hundred. They were easy to make. She could make up to three a day before she exhausted herself.

Using Merlin's draft as his base, Tom continued to wheedle out the specifications.

Man really was a genius, appreciated Tom. Some of Merlin's ideas were things even Tom doubted he would have thought of. The wizard made leaps in logic that genuinely impressed the last descendant of Slytherin.

After Rosie and I live our second lives, perhaps we should do this again and jump back to Merlin's time? Tom mused. If only to have a long discussion with him. What would it have been like to be his classmate at Hogwarts, I wonder?

A tantalizing idea.

"Sir!" Sil said shrilly as she appeared on his desk.

Tom lowered his teacup back onto his saucer. "Yes?"

"Hog—Hogsmeade is under attack! B-By V-Voldemort, dementors, and monsters. Mistress is there," fretted Sil. "Sh-She told me to tell you and Fenrir, sir."

It only took Tom a second to process, accept, and act upon that information.

"Tell Fenrir to come here immediately. Alert Berit to shut down the village and ready defenses," ordered Tom, standing up. "Go."

Sil disappeared as Tom quickly hurried out of the office and into their bedroom. He and Rosie had prepared go-bags in the event either of them were under attack. Tom changed into his combat gear, and grabbed Rosie's duffle bag along with a small black box.

Fenrir was already at the front door by the time Tom had finished preparations.

"We'll be going to Hogsmeade," told Tom as he stepped outside. "I need you to round up worgens you trust that can handle Death Eaters, dementors, and other dark creatures. Split them into groups of five and have them—"

Tom waved his wand in the air, conjuring a very crude shape of Hogsmeade. Tom touched five points outside the village.

"Each one goes to a point here," said Tom as he handed Fenrir the black box. "There are five stones and five pieces of paper in this box. Give each group one stone and one piece of paper. Tell them to place the stone at the center of the paper, then tap it with a wand and repeat Incipe. Once you have relayed your instructions, find Rosie at Hogsmeade and give her this duffle bag. She'll know what to do next."

Fenrir accepted each item and the orders with a grimace. "And yeh?"

"I am going to activate the village defenses then head to Hogsmeade to assist," said Tom.

"I'll see yeh there."

"Indeed."

(≖‿‿≖)ノ⌒●~*

(Rosie)

"Fenrir, I need you to go find Harry and protect him at all costs," I told him.

"But—"

"Fenrir, I've got everything I need right here," I said, patting the duffle bag. "Harry doesn't. I can't concentrate if I think my twin is in danger. Please, my friend?"

The worgen let out a small groan, his tail drooping. "Fine!"

Fenrir threw back his head and let out a long howl that was echoed by dozens more scattered throughout.

"Brought some pals?" I asked him.

"Some of us liked the taste of Death Eaters," said Fenrir with a feral grin. "See yeh, Rosie. Stay safe."

"Safe as can be," I promised him as Fenrir headed away. "Come on, Boobo—"

I turned to look for Booboo, my pal was already sucking out the soul of a Death Eater below.

"Oh," I said. "Okay, you have fun with that, honey."

I rummaged through my duffle bag before I pulled out an enchanted crossbow. A Dark artifact I had procured from the Lestrange vault and added on a few of my own ideas to. It conjured its own bolts as long as a witch or wizard was holding onto the holster. The bolts were incendiary, causing a small explosion of fire upon impact.

It wasn't something that would be very effective against a wizard—shields would stop the bolts—but it was perfect for those damn spiders. It would be faster than any spell I could cast, and significantly less taxing on me than spamming Accio.

I didn't need good aim. As long as one bolt touched any part of the spider, the entire monster would light up like a tree doused in gasoline.

I had to admit it made me smile the first time I heard the acromantulas scream from being set on fire.

Ahhh. That's nice.

I had faith in Fenrir's ability to reach Harry faster than I—and most importantly, protect Harry. With that in mind, I could redirect my efforts to meticulously murdering the enemy opposition. I hid on the rooftops, firing bolts at any monsters that got too close. If there were any vulnerable Death Eaters, I either snapped their necks with my Accio or watched Booboo go num num like the cutie patootie little death machine was.

I'm glad Iris went flying with Hedwig today, I thought. I'd hate for her to get frostbite from all the dementor presence—or worse, hurt trying to protect me.

My sweet little Iris wasn't a fighter, after all. She was my cuddle buddy first and foremost.

I didn't count how many died by my hand.

I didn't think that was something I wanted to know.

At some point, I stopped renewing the stealth charms. I was entering combat so frequently that it would be a waste of my energy to constantly refresh them.

As I hopped from one rooftop to the other, I heard a familiar voice.

"There you are."

I looked down at the streets as Tom floated up to stand beside me on the rooftop.

With a smile, I asked, "Missed me?"

"Terribly," he said. Tom tossed me a vial with red liquid inside. "Here, drink this."

"What is it?"

"Antidote."

"For what?"

"Sedative."

"For—"

"Yes."

"What, no dramatic one v one?"

Tom scoffed. "Last time I did that I got my foot blown off. Why would I risk that again? I'm not some cannon fodder Gryffindor."

I grinned. "No, but you are my favorite drama queen."

"Just because I appreciate a certain atmosphere for some events does not make me a drama queen."

"Oh, so you don't have a record to listen to whenever you want to brood—"

"That is completely different, and I don't brood."

"Sorry. Scheme."

He narrowed his eyes. "Fine. Don't drink the potion, pass out for all I care."

I chugged the antidote. "Blech."

Booboo drifted back over to us, dragging the rapidly decaying corpse of some poor witch he had sucked the soul out of. Booboo used his other hand to greet Tom with the spirit fingers.

Tom stared at Booboo. "My God. You actually trained a pet dementor."

"He's not a pet, he's a friend," I corrected. "Right, Booboo?"

Booboo wiggled his fingers at me.

"Beautifully said," I praised him in a cooing tone.

Tom scoffed. "Enough. Let's go find that husk and be done with it."

"Right behind you," I said. "Any clue how we're going to find hi—it, I mean it?"

Tom's lips twitched into a brief smile. "You, dear."

"Me?"

"It's raiding to find you," he said. "It wants to use you as leverage against me. Make yourself nice and noticeable, won't you?"

"The thief inside me screams no. But the drama queen in me is praising hell yes."

(≖‿‿≖)ノ⌒●~*

After some debilitation, I decided to spam my flash-bang spell. It was flashy enough to draw attention, and there weren't many people who knew the spell. Voldemort should be clever enough to conclude I was the one casting it.

As I spammed it, a few more Death Eaters approached but they were dispatched by Booboo or Tom.

It took a solid five minutes until Lord Voldemort showed up, and unfortunately for me I was pretty winded. I had cast a lot of spells, and I felt the drain on my magic. I was fit, but everyone had limits and I was definitely at mine. It took a lot just to stand up and not wheeze.

Lord Voldemort descended upon the snowy floor of Hogsmeade in a whisper of shadows. Red eyes gleamed underneath his hood as he lazily pointed his wand at me.

"Surrender, and I'll spare your brother," he said in that high-pitched soft voice.

"You—don't even—have him," I panted.

Holy smokes I am so tired.

I couldn't even scrounge up terror. There were too many dementors in the air. All I could feel was a cold oppression of peace, coupled with exhaustion. My legs trembled, and I shakily held up my wand.

I've got one good shield charm, I thought. Or one good summoning.

If I was fast enough I could summon some nearby rubble to block the killing curse. Although it was, understandably, still a big risk.

Voldemort smiled cruelly. "So certain of that, are you? Look around you. Listen. Feel. Hogsmeade will be wiped out, nothing but a pile of burning rocks by the end of the day. You and your brother's fate was sealed the moment the prophecy was made. The only choice you have now is how painfully you will die—or—if only one of you has to die. Surrender, and your brother will get to live a long happy life. Resist and—"

Lord Voldemort toppled over.

I stared at his unconscious body. "What?"

Tom hopped down from one of the rooftops, waving his wand to conjure bindings. The ropes flew towards Voldemort, wrapping round his limbs.. "There we go."

"What? What was that?"

"I told you, sedative."

"He was monologuing!"

"Perfect time to use it, he was clearly breathing," dismissed Tom.

"But—" I gestured. "This feels lame. I feel like I've been cheated from witnessing an epic battle."

Tom raised an eyebrow. "The battle best won is the one never fought."

I sighed. "Yeah... I guess. So what are—"

Tom flipped Voldemort over and then did something odd with his wand. He muttered a spell I didn't recognize, but it made Voldemort seize for a bit until a small white orb flew out of his mouth and into a jar Tom had prepared. Tom immediately put a cap over it, then put the jar in his pocket.

"Okay," he said. "I've got its soul fragment, how do you want to kill it?"

"You did that way too easily."

"I'm a genius wizard who has had months to prepare. Why wouldn't it be easy?"

"Your ego is getting out of hand."

"Don't be silly," he dismissed. "If you don't choose how it dies, I'll just slit its throat and be done with it."

"That is way too boring," I protested. "Let me think... um... Okay, give me five minutes."

Tom stepped away from the body. "Have at it."

I eagerly rubbed my hands together. "Heh..."

(≖‿‿≖)ノ⌒●~*

Despite Voldemort being taken care of, it still took another solid hour to eliminate the remaining forces. More and more worgens showed up to assist after we told Sil to let Berit know that Voldemort had been defeated.

But at the end of that hour, I proudly presented Voldemort's head on a pike.

There was an uproar of celebration. Screams of joy and triumph from the aurors as I was hoisted into the air.

Everything was a bit of a blur after that. I had to answer a lot of questions and repeat a practiced story that Tom made up for me. When I was finally released I had to repeat the story several times for Sirius and Harry who listened with rapt attention.

News broke out the following morning.

The death toll, along with the headline that Voldemort had been defeated once and for all.

It was bittersweet. It might not have been the canonical Battle of Hogwarts, but it was still a huge battle. There were a lot of deaths—a lot. Some students were killed.

Children.

That couldn't be dismissed, or understated.

Innocents were murdered that day. People who were minding their business, living their own life, suddenly thrust into a massacre not seen since in England since the last war. The scars of the survivors would linger for years to come—physical and mental.

I was happy Voldemort was finally dealt with, but I wouldn't ignore the fact that many had to die for that to happen.

The students were mostly at The Three Broomsticks and so they were able to hole up in there during the assault. I had been told through the grapevine that Theodore and Harry were particularly impressive in creating the defenses and commanding the cowering students. I was grateful that my friends had stuck close together and consequently they survived.

Not everyone was that lucky.

Mothers were lost. Fathers. Daughters. Sisters. Brothers.

A lot of deaths.

There was no Battle at Hogwarts. But I had to wonder if the death toll was still similar... or perhaps even greater as a price for my meddling.

(≖‿‿≖)ノ⌒●~*

With only a few weeks left in the year, my sixth year at Hogwarts ended quietly.

Tom, as promised, got rid of the jinx on the DADA position so Snape was able to keep his post (although he already expressed an interest in retirement because let's be honest, he hates kids). Slughorn promised to remain for at least one more year at Hogwarts to give Dumbledore ample time to find a Potions replacement.

Voldemort was gone. The Dark Marks vanished with him.

Although not because he was actually dead. Tom knew how the Dark Marks worked and severed their connection to Voldemort so they would fade upon his "death." Otherwise, the Death Eaters would just assume he'd return again.

There was no lingering tension in the air as the Ministry refocused its efforts on continuing to shift to the Light side.

Hermione and I kept working on safely freeing the House Elves—a project I suspected we would not finish prior to my time jump, but that was fine because I believed we could finish it separately if need be.

The Malfoys and Notts returned before the year ended, meeting up with their children in Hogsmeade for a very loving family reunion.

The worgens were heavily credited with assisting the Ministry at Hogsmeade—and I paid all the media outlets to paint them in the best light possible—and in doing so I felt it was finally safe for Lunar's Orchid to open its doors to everyone.

It was a turbulent semester, but things were healing at the end.

Things were looking up once more.

I hoped things would remain peaceful for many years to come.

ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ

Sorry for those who wanted some kind of epic battle. I hate fight scenes. I hate them so much. So very much. Fuck that shit. I didn't wanna write it. :)

We have technically concluded the main chunk of the story. Next chapters will be epilogues + bonus chapters. Home stretch everyone!

63 - Year 7

64 - Graduation

65 - The Bucket List / Ending Notes / Questions

66 - Bonus (pt 1)

67 - Bonus (pt 2)

Answer: With the use of Deus Ex Machina I get a neat little scythe that lets me rip open a temporary portal to "hell" from the Doom-verse and send them straight through. :D

Question: You are a seventh year Hogwarts student. You cannot bring any Muggle items into Hogwarts because all of your bags were checked at the start of the year, and your mail is monitored. You cannot leave Hogwarts. How do you survive the Battle At Hogwarts?

See y'all July 1st, 2021~

Reviews are love

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.7K 695 44
Emily Potter is Harry Potter's twin sister. They have always been together in everything. Until their letter came in the mail. They got to Hagwarts a...
18.4K 486 31
in which, eliza montgomery accidentally fell for the only person who couldn't love her back. || sunshine oc x tom riddle || (details inside)
Snow White By

Fanfiction

53.2K 1.5K 8
Platonic Yandere Tom Riddle (TW: This is a Yandere story so it will have possibly triggering elements such as death, murder, obsession, and possessiv...
45.8K 792 32
Y/n Merlin Wyllt the descendant of Merlin Wyllt has a dark story. Tom Marvolo Riddle the heir of Salazar Slytherin has even a dark story. When this b...