You Do It For Her - Katsuki B...

By lavendarlavish

"In order to look out for others, you have to look out for yourself first." Having two famous pro hero parent... More

Quirk Information
Mother Knows Best (Prologue)
Distractions
Blowing Off Steam
Where
Do It For You
A Walk Home
You'll Get There
Observations
Real Laughter
Envy
Blooming Flowers
Poison Ivy
A Threat
Racing Strangers
Reality

New Beginnings

1.4K 80 205
By lavendarlavish

A/N: I have a Patreon (link in bio)! Please support me so I can continue bringing these stories to life. As well as the Spider-Deku fic and The Eye of the Storm Series! It's in my bio! I love you guys now enjoy boom boy!

Alarm clocks.

Did they always have to be so damn loud?

Turning over to shut the damn thing off, you got out of bed to start your new beginning.

Your new beginning at UA.

Quirks back in America were very different from Japan. Japan seemed to have more advanced quirks. Your old hometown had its share of amazing quirks but you seemed to understand why your mother would want to send you here to become a hero. From men with red feathers that soared across the sky at top speed to even women that could grow into a height as tall as a titan, you knew that this place had the best quirks.

You were one of the only kids with multiple quirks back at your old hometown. That was what made middle school so easy. Your quirk is strong, just like you. Your quirk mixed in with the many trainings your mom or the Pro Hero Mirko made you strong. Almost unstoppable. But of course, there were the many flaws you had.

Yawning as you rubbed your tired face you decided that maybe this morning you shouldn't dwell on your weaknesses. Your selfishness. Maybe you should actually get all the way out of bed before-

"Y/n!" And there goes your second alarm. Your lovely aunt just screaming from what sounded like the kitchen since you smelled your favorite breakfast cooking from below. "Hurry the hell up! You better not be late on your first day! And you're not going on an empty stomach!" She screamed as you groaned.

Her volume seemed to always be set at the highest setting.

"I'm coming. I'm coming, don't bite my head off," you called out to her as you headed toward your bathroom. "Just let me take a quick shower. This house was a damn sauna last night. I didn't know the law in Japan states that all houses must be at a boiling point," you mumbled as you closed the door.

"I HEARD THAT!"

"You were supposed to!"

***

After a quick shower and brushing your teeth, you went to your closet to pull out the UA uniform.

Placing the clothes on as you took a quick glance in the mirror, you groaned as some of the water dripped onto the jacket on the uniform from your hair. And thanks to your lovely aunt accidentally breaking your hairdryer yesterday, you had to use your quirk this early in the morning.

Placing a hand in front of you, you created air to come out as you circled it around your hair to dry it faster as you began to think about UA.

It is a top school and thanks to Mirko you got in on recommendations and that exam was really easy. You barely beat some red and white-haired kid in the last race as some very loud and overly energetic kid took first.

Since it was a top school would that mean classes are different? Aren't the teachers Pro Heroes themselves? And that All Might dude was even supposed to become a teacher, way to draw even more attention to the school.

What were the students like? Probably competitive and really smart. They all probably have advanced quirks too. Maybe there was even-

"Y/n! You got about ten minutes to get down here and eat or I'm shoving the food down your throat!" Your aunt screamed once again, laughing to herself at her own choice of words as you finished up getting ready, throwing your backpack on as you went down the stairs.

"That didn't sound very heroic now did it?" You teased her before walking over to the table, taking out your phone to get one last look at you as you mumbled, "Great now I have grey eyes to match my hair. I look like a Granny."

Your aunt wasn't a full Pro Hero but she still was a sidekick to many of the heroes around the area. She mostly works with Miruko and your mom's old hero agency here before she moved to marry your dad. She's a pain in the ass, but still one of the most caring people you knew.

Even if she burned your eggs once again.

She laughed as she handed you a plate, ruffling your hair some as you began to eat, "Well unless you want to take a quick nap to revert to your natural eye color you're gonna have to deal with it. Plus what's so bad about grey hair?" She gestured to her own dark blue and grey hair as you laughed, "You were going to get it eventually. I mean look at my few streaks!"

"You're right. I just thought my hair would stay black like Dad's," you mumbled glancing at the time. Her expression fell at the sight of you. Your eyes going blank, definitely replaying the incident before you shook your head out of it, "Will I be seeing you after school or do you have work?"

"That reminds me," she said as she went to get her phone, "I won't be here for a week or two. Mirko has a mission approaching and I have to stay with her."

She worked at the number six pro hero, Mirko, agency in Tokyo, been there for a while now. She was always having to go on work trips and even fly across the world to help the hero's ranking or look out for sidekicks and even more missions for her. Since the agency was so far from where you two lived she usually just stayed there for how long she was needed before coming back.

Mirko is the absolute best. She was practically family to you since your mom and aunt were so close to her. She would always help out in training you along with other heroes and even the heroes' kids when your mom would ask. From Eraserhead because of his friendship with your father to even that damn Endeavor. Thank God you only worked with his kid a few times because he was something else. So angry all the time with hair that was as white as snow with a few red streaks. Eyes so blue that they seemed to glow when he used his quirk.

Those trainings though made your combat skills almost flawless. Just almost. You still had much more things to work on like-

Nope nope nope too early to dwell on negativities.

"Alright," you said to your aunt as you got ready to leave, "don't forget to-"

"Call and text you! I know! I know!" She interrupted, shaking her head with a small smile, "Sometimes I wonder who's the guardian here and who's the kid."

She may be loud and sometimes childish that you would have to take care of the both of you but she was the only family to you. Especially since your own mother dropped all contact with you.

Smiling as you waved goodbye to her you headed out the door to your new beginning, "Thanks for the breakfast! I'll see you in two weeks!" Plugging in your headphones you began your walk to UA High.

***

Arriving at the classroom, Class 1-A, you noticed a few students already in the class seated as they talked to each other to introduce themselves. You looked over and saw some navy-haired boy making a chopping-robotic motion while talking to- an invisible girl?

Yeah, Japan's quirks are really unique here.

Walking over to take a seat at an empty desk you looked over to see who you would be sitting by for the year. It was some boy with ash-blonde hair, feet kicked up to his desk while his head was tilted back, not having a care in the world and just giving off his strong confident aura. He must think highly of himself, his own uniform was different from the others too.

Unbuttoned shirt, no tie in sight. His pants a bit bagger than the others. Some chipped black nail polish on his nails. Sitting like he owned the place himself.

Confident for sure.

Noticing your observant gaze he cracked an eye open as he glanced at you. His ruby eyes widened a bit, doing a glance over as he smirked, "You like what you see or something, Granny?"

You told her you looked like a grandma.

Laughing at the nickname you spoke, tilting your head to the side like you were still observing him, "Not really sure I even know what I'm even seeing," your smile grew some as his fell, "Also Granny? Really?"

Quickly gaining back that confidence, he spoke again, that shit-eating smirk playing on his lips, "Stare at something else before you start drooling on yourself," he turned his head as his eyes did one more glance over at you before emphasizing his words, "Granny."

So he liked to push buttons? Good thing you did too.

"Judging on my dry mouth I can't say that what I was staring at was worth drooling over," you shrugged as you saw his face harden, trying your best not to bust out laughing at the slight anger being present on his face, "Blondie."

Before he even had a chance to counter the navy-haired boy came rushing over, still doing that chopping motion as he directed his gaze to the blonde, "Hey you! Take your feet off of that desk now!" He commanded.

Tilting his head to the side as he smirked the blonde spoke, "Huh?"

"It's the first day and you're already disrespecting this academy by scuffing school property, you cretin!"

Cretin? That's pretty funny.

"You're kidding me right?" The blonde laughed as he sat up straighter, glancing over at you as he heard you laugh as well before turning back to the boy, "Your old school put a stick up your ass? Or were you just born with it?"

Laughing a little bit harder as you went to put your headphones back in, the navy-haired boy turned to you, "This is not a laughing matter, miss! This is an important piece of school property that we must respect!"

"You're right," you laughed softly, "That desk can really make or break this school we should respect it," you said sarcastically as the boy nodded, not seeming to get the joke before you just shrugged and went back to minding your business.

You looked over and heard a scream, seeing a green-haired boy accompanied by a brunette as they stared at the man in the sleeping bag. A man you felt like you haven't seen in years.

Aizawa.

After he introduced himself and even nodded towards you when he caught your eye he instructed everyone in the class to put on the PE uniforms to head outside for some quirk tests.

Walking to get the uniform you passed by him waving until he brought a hand up to stop you as he waited for the students to pass. "So you officially live here now, correct?" He asked as you nodded waiting for the snarky comment he would always give you, "Great now you can torture me even more. How lucky am I?" He sighed as you laughed.

And he calls you the sarcastic one. You practically learned it from him.

"I'd say you're one lucky man, Aizawa- wait excuse my manners," you rose an eyebrow as you gave him a shit-eating smirk he's been seeing ever since you were younger, "Mr. Aziawa."

"If only I could expel you for that," he gestured for you to walk. Walking alongside you he furrowed his eyebrows before taking a deep breath, "Your mother sent you here to live with that aunt of yours I'm guessing?" You nodded a little softer at that as he knew how much of a sore subject that was. And judging on you quickly leaving, you still didn't feel comfortable discussing why you had to stop your life and move .

He was friends with your dad before he moved to the States along with your mother to become the top heroes there. For the many opportunities and to also get away from something they never told the raven-haired teacher.

He remembered seeing the news of your father's death, and how that brought you down but you still tried your hardest to not let others know. He also remembered your mom pushing you too hard to train and always asking him to help you out. Which he did of course but never as hard as she did.

Now he was just hoping that this new beginning for you would be the right one.

"Y/n," he called out to you. You stopped your walking as you turned around, "Allow me to be the first to welcome you to your new home," he gave you a small smile as you returned your own. His mind replaying you being just half the height and age you are. Throwing sloppy punches, gaps from fallen baby teeth, messy black hair always cut short, stuttering over your Japanesse, and always having evidence of what you have eaten somewhere on your shirt, hands, or face. Now you've grown into a young woman. Hair now longer and grey, more confidence when you spoke, and definitely more sarcastic. He still spotted some syrup on your shirt though, some things never change."We're lucky to have you, kid," he said, ruffling your hair as you laughed.

"Thanks, old man."

"And take them headphones off and don't let me catch you with them again!"

***

Standing outside now with your new classmates you listened to Aizawa explain how there will be a quirk assessment test rather than attending the school's orientation. So he's still that strict old teacher you remember huh?

After explaining the rules and the test to soon follow he tossed the ball over to the blonde as he spoke, "Bakugo," he said as you looked over to the blonde.

Bakugo, huh? Cool name.

"You finished first in the entrance exam, what was your best throw in junior high," he yawned as Bakugo shrugged.

"Sixty-seven meters, I think."

"Right. Try doing that with your quirk," he instructed as Bakugo made his way to the ring, "Anything goes just stay in the circle."

Bakugo began to lazily stretch his arms, that frown present on his face since the beginning, "Alright man you asked for it," he said before immediately breaking out into a smirk as he sent the ball flying with an explosion to follow behind it, screaming, "DIE!!"

You slightly raised your eyebrows as you saw the distance he threw it in as Aizawa showed the class.

705.2 Meters. Impressive.

The class broke out in gasps as they whispered to each other, exclaiming how this test was going to be fun until-

"So this looks fun, huh?" Aizawa smiled eerily as the conversations abruptly seize, you trying not to laugh at the students' fear of him, "You have three years here to become a hero, you think there's gonna be games and playtime today but you'll compete in a physical test too gauge at the potential you all have. Whoever comes in last clearly has no potential and will be expelled immediately."

As everyone began to get ready he smiled again, "Now then, we're just wasting time by talking. Let the games begin."

Welcome to UA.

***

The first test was the 50m dash where you raced against a tall, slender boy who decided to befriend you as you beat him at the race, using your air to push you forward to increase your speed. His name was Hanta Sero.

"That was pretty incredible," he spoke as you two watch the other races before he turned to you, "Oh shit, I've been talking to you and I didn't even ask for your name! What is it?" He smiled sheepishly as you laughed, waving him off.

"That's alright, and it's Y/n L/n but just call me Y/n." You spoke before looking over to see a girl with Pink hair win against a blonde with a laser belly button? Huh.

"Okay. Y/n!" He said as the girl came over along with a redhead boy.

She skipped over and grabbed your wrists in her pink hands, smiling at you as she spoke, "Finally, you're free I've been meaning to talk to you! You're the only girl who I haven't befriended yet and you're too pretty to not be my friend!" She smiled, swaying on her heels as your eyes widened.

Very friendly students apparently. But she's cute too.

"Oh well, it's nice to meet you! I'm Y/n. Oh, and you're very pretty too so you have to be my friend too!" You laughed as she nodded before the redhead spoke laughing to himself as he saw the way your eyes kept darting to how she was still holding your wrists. Who knew making friends was this easy? Maybe you were missing out back at your hometown when friends or significant others were not an option.

"Mina here is a very friendly person," he elbowed her as she pursed her lips at him, "but I'm Kirishima! I saw you running and you are pretty fast! Also, I couldn't help but notice your accent. It's very different, are you from around here?"

"Oh no I'm from the States," you said before looking at all of them as they all went 'ooh that makes sense' as you furrowed your eyebrows. "I thought I had got the accent down pretty well. I've been visiting Japan for as long as I can remember and I'm fluent in the language. Is it that bad?"

"No no no!" Sero said as Kirishima shook his head frantically, "It's just a little bit different from everyone else's but it's still really really good!"

"C'mon let's get you to meet the other girls I'm already tired of these two," Mina teased as you followed her to talk to the others, laughing at the way Kirishima and Sero pouted at her.

***

The next few tests flew by with no difficulty to them. You were either close to the top or doing well enough to get through the tests, although you were mainly stuck with using air. As they continued from the grip test to the long jump, Mina would bring over someone for you to meet as she befriended them against their will. There was Momo, Jirou, Tsu, Uraraka, Denki, and even that invisible girl from earlier.

So far if you had to choose your favorites, Mina and Jirou were definitely at the top.

Soon the awaited ball throw was up next. You went after Uraraka who gained the distance of infinity, something that really shocked you. Everyone seems so strong already. Good thing your quirk is something too.

Walking up to the ring you waited for Aizawa to toss you the ball as he nodded for you to go. You closed your eyes as you did a quick stretch of your arms before opening them to throw the ball.

You created a big gust of air to push the fall further before controlling the wind to keep it straight as it soared. You heard your classmates' praises before turning to Aizawa as he showed the distance.

704.2 Meters.

Turning around to walk back you looked forward as you already saw the blonde wearing a shit-eating smirk as he sarcastically clapped his hands at you before you lightly rolled your eyes.

Maybe you should've tried to show him that was just the bare minimum you could throw.

Mina came over and threw an arm around you smiling brightly, "That was incredible! That air quirk of yours is truly something!" You thanked her as you saw the green-haired boy from earlier go over for his turn, his hands seemingly trembling at his sides as he waited to go.

He received the ball from Aizawa as he went to throw it at some intense speed as your eyes widened, but it seemed like you weren't the only one to be surprised by this as Bakugo growled under his breath, stomping over to the boy before Aizawa restrained him.

You jogged past them both as you saw the way the boy was holding his hand. His finger was badly bruised and looked to be broken. He even had some burned marks on it from the way his strength tore at his muscles at the speed.

He looked up at you as you spoke to him, "Is your finger okay?" You asked as you got a closer look before the boy's face burned at the close proximity as you raised an eyebrow at him. Oh, so he gets nervous at people. Understandable.

You took a step back as he spoke, "Uh yeah it's fine just my quirk is like- well- you know when your body- no- it's like-" He stuttered out as you laughed softly, pulling him to the side to let the other kids go as Aizawa released Bakugo.

"Your quirk hurts your body," you answered for him as he nodded. "I get it," you showed him your hands as his eyes widened. "My quirk hurts me too." His eyes darted to your hands, one hand had lightning-shaped scars to wrap all the way up to your fingers while the other went up to your wrists.

Your body just wasn't made to handle her quirk because she was right. It was just too weak for her quirk. Too selfish.

"Is it alright if I help you out? My quirk can heal people," you spoke as he immediately shook his head.

"No, it's okay! I don't want to bother you or anything plus I just saw you use air today and I don't think that can really help- oh woah," his eyes widened as you created water to coat your hands as it glowed softly as you placed them around his finger.

"I have a water quirk too so I think this will work unless you would rather keep the hurt finger?" You teased.

"No this is fine," he laughed, "thank you."

***

The remainder of the test finally took place after everyone finished up their ball throw. You were getting by just fine through them just as the previous ones but what bothered you was the damn blonde shadow that kept glaring at you and followed at a close distance for you to know something was up.

You stopped your walking as you turned around, "Need something Blondie?" You called out to him as he walked to your side to head to the sit-ups test.

"Don't call me that," he grumbled, "and what the hell are you talking about Airhead?!"

You rose an eyebrow as you crossed your arms, "Airhead? Can't do better than that, plus I thought it was Granny?" You laughed as you both found a spot to do the situps, "also you've been glaring at me this entire test feels like. And you're following me so you must need something."

"You have another quirk?" He asked, already beginning his situps as the machine began to count them out. "Why choose to use it on that damn Deku and not for the other tests? What are you? Holding back?" He grunted as you began your sit-ups.

"I do have another quirk," you said as he looked over at the way you were keeping up with his pace. So you're strong too? "And he hurt his finger and can't go to the nurse until this is over so I helped him out so some pain can go away. Also no I'm not holding back I just don't see how I'm able to use water for these tests. Any more life questions about me?"

He finished the situps before getting up to walk away but not without speaking up again, "Good because if you're going to tie with me with almost every test then that means you have to be at your strongest too." He said as you looked over at the score as you both did the same number of situps before he looked over his shoulder. "The best can only compete with the best, so don't hold back. Don't focus on others when they can take care of themselves. Be selfish and push harder because I'm not losing to you."

Be selfish? Well, that's something you never heard before.

Okay, Bakugo. Maybe you are as interesting as you look.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leave a comment and vote!

And that's the first chapter! Hope you guys will like this story since Bakugo is one of my favorite characters! It's going to be a slow burn type. Another head's up that I keep his character canon, but also realistic. He's a teenager and the yelling all the time is really just for humor in the anime but don't worry he's not like the soft stereotype mean boy type. He'll just be made a little more realistic like I did for Izuku.

I really won't do the analysis part of the chapters unless it's needed but I will do headcanons for each chapter!

Just keep in mind that Y/n's quirk and appearance is very important to the story.

join my pateron for more extra chapters, more character x reader oneshots, or personalized writings just for you to requests! link in my bio!

Headcanon:

Y/n and her aunt have a relationship like Gojo and Megumi which I find absolutely hilarious.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 4.2K 52
"I can see it, too, Toshi, hope. A light like yours.. Those two have the heart of a Hero" βž½β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β₯ With 80% of the world's population obtain...
607K 17.9K 38
(Y/N) is a young girl who just wants to be a hero just like everyone else. Her life wasn't easy though. She has always kept to herself and didn't lik...
79.3K 4.3K 72
Mirianne Shotomoto has a mother with a tough set of morals. Being the arch-nemesis of Endeavor, her mother, Nightmare, actively searched for ways of...
254K 8.2K 38
~Completed~ ghastΒ·ly ˈɑas(t)lΔ“/Submit adjective 1. causing great horror or fear; frightful or macabre. - You are one of the League of Villain's top v...