The Garden [G.BLYTHE]

By strawbadoobee

GILBERT BLYTHE X FEM .OC sometimes you have to learn to accept "It's Aurelie, thank you very much. Pronounce... More

[00] AURELIE THOMPSON
[ACT ONE; LOSS
[01] WOODEN FENCE
[02] FIERY TEMPER
[03] R-I-V-E-T-I-N-G
[04] THE PETUNIA AND THE IRIS
[05] PUNISHER
[06] MISSABLE
[ACT TWO; DISTANCING
[07] NICE FOR A CHANGE
[08] INDEFINITELY
[09] SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
[10] THE ONE THING YOU DON'T HAVE
[11] TRINIDADIAN FLOWERS
[12] OPPOSITE ENDS, OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS
[13] RUNAWAY BRIDE
[14] ABLOOM, THORNY
[15] WATCHING WATER SLIP OFF FLOWERS
[16] THE MISS STACY TROUPE
[ACT THREE; DECISIONS
[17] BUTTERCUP
[18] MATCHMAKERS OF AVONLEA
[19] SHORT MOMENT OF HAPPINESS
[20] I DO LOVE A TRAIN
[21] SETTLE ON SILENCE
[22] STARING CONTEST
[23] HE LOVES ME
[24] HE LOVES ME NOT
[25] STUPID AND CARELESS
[26] T-E-A-M
[27] JUST ONE THING
[29] DISTRACTIONS AND DISASTERS
[30] A WISH FULFILLED
WHAT IF...?

[28] I LOVE HIM

2.4K 85 18
By strawbadoobee

'both the art of intuition and the science of analytics have the role to play in making wise decisions'

Aurelie woke up early in the morning with a gasp. She had woken up from a dream where Gilbert proposed to her. She could barely remember her previous night, but the one thing she remembered clearly was how she felt when she saw Gilbert leave.

Quickly, she jumped out of bed, rummaging through her things in search of the note that Gilbert had given her along with the Trinidadian flower seeds during Christmas two years ago.

After a few moments of looking, she found it hidden under her unorganized bed. She read the dusty paper with a smile.

Trinidadian flowers that can survive in a green house during all seasons. Don't tell Bash I bought these because I wasn't supposed to stop during our trip. Merry Christmas. --Gilbert Blythe.

She chuckled. She hadn't thought back to how they used to be in a long time. She looked out her window at the greenhouse. Soon enough, her smile slowly fell in result of her confusion and worry.

She quickly rushed downstairs, calling out to her mother, stuffing the note in her pocket. When she made it down, she only saw Dean, reading a book on the sofa.

"Your mother left for Charlottetown." He stated. 

"What? Why so early?" Aurelie questioned. He hummed. "There was an issue at the bank, it seems." He shrugged. "Probably nothing serious."

Aurelie groaned. 

"Why, is there something I can help you with?" He set his book down on his lap. Aurelie wanted to say no, but in her moment of desperation, she accepted and the two took a stroll to the lake at noon once Dean was finished reading.

"Gilbert Blythe may have asked me if I loved him, and I believe I told him to marry someone else." Aurelie explained. 

"So, how do you feel about this... Gilbert Blythe?" Wondered Dean. Aurelie paused, her eyes widening.

"I don't know. I've never loved anyone like that before." She sighed. "He's the only person I think of in that way, but love? How am I supposed to know? And how am I to be confident saying, 'Sure, take option two,' when option one is all he wants for his future?" She questioned as they reached the large tree. They sat down against it.

"And what is this option one, exactly?" Interrupted Dean curiously. 

"A girl...whose father offers him a chance at a life he would never have had otherwise." Aurelie exhaled.

"This is certainly a troubling situation." Nodded the man. 

"Yes, that much is obvious." Aurelie sighed, hiding her face in her knees. "Yesterday, I was a child, and now I feel as if I'm being asked to explain the rest of my life against the clock!" She shouted.

"If I-I make the wrong choice, I'll either ruin my own life or ruin his." She stammered. "You speak of the signal and how I'm supposed to just know but it's not that simple!" She cried out. "Does that mean I don't love him?"

"I've never actually believed that 'you just know.'" Dean chuckled. "Neither do I believe there is a signal." He added. Aurelie scoffed. "What, are you going to tell me you're not from England, either?"

"That's a conversation for later." Joked the man. "Point is, love is terribly complicated and, quite honestly, a pain in the neck." He stated. 

"That's not what I've been told." Aurelie sniffled.

"Yeah, but it's true." Dean sighed. "Love can feel like an overwhelming force that slams into you between the eyes and refuses to let go. Other times, it's malleable and dubious. It's the truth buried beneath and among the external and internal hurdles that have shaped who you are, what you expect from the world, and how you accept love." He explained wisely.

"You look at me like I understand that." Aurelie slowly shook her head. 

"It's complex, to say the least." He stifled a laugh. Aurelie sighed, wiping away a tear. 

"And I suppose love's reality would be near-impossible to sense if a mind is buzzing with pressure and deadlines, 'what ifs,' this and that.'" Added Dean.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "I'm curious if you'll find your answer when your mind is cleared." He suggested. 

"And what if it's too late by then?" Worried Aurelie.

Dean was unsure of what to say now. 

"If Anne were here...she'd say I was having a tragical romance." Aurelie chuckled to herself.

"Oh! There you two are! Hello! I'm back!" Called a voice from the top of the hill. Dean and Aurelie looked up towards Alice. "The men at the bank certainly gave me trouble! It is ridiculous how a woman is expected to stay away from financial decisions." Scoffed Alice as she ran down towards the two.

"Well, in other news, you two are now looking at the newest member of the Board of Trustees!" She exclaimed. Aurelie remained seated, forcing a smile to the woman, watching Dean cheer for her. He stepped up to the woman, giving her a quick kiss.

"Oh, you poor thing, you must be exhausted." Commented Alice, noticing Aurelie's expression. "You need a little lie-down. That's all you need. When did you wake up?" She inquired.

"This one was awake by dawn." Replied Dean. 

"Quite early for the evening you had yesterday. Are you feeling alright?" Worried the woman.

"I'm fine. Can I please go see Moody? I have urgent business with him." Aurelie requested. Alice glanced at Dean for a moment, then sighed.

 "I suppose if you must. Go on, then. Don't lose a second."

Aurelie stood up, speedily running off.

***

"And it may be too late by the time I figure out my heart, but I can't make a mistake. Knowing myself, I probably will." Aurelie explained stressfully while Moody played around with her hair.

"Who knew that life could be so..." Moody trailed off. 

"Hard, difficult, tough, punishing?" Aurelie interrupted. 

"I'm pretty sure those all mean the same thing, but yes." Moody nodded.

"What I mean to say is, a morning can start off like any other, but by the time it gets dark, things have happened that could change the direction of your life forever." He explained. 

Aurelie huffed. "Wow, Moody. Graduation has made you a new man. Much wiser, too." She chuckled. Moody grinned proudly.

"Well, I probably still didn't pass the exams." Moody doubted.

 "If you didn't, then something isn't right with the tests." Aurelie stifled a laugh. "I don't know about Gilbert, but I love you Moody, and whatever comes our way, we will face it." Aurelie smiled.

"Well, I can speak with Diana about the matter. I know her and Gilbert often take the same train." Moody offered. 

"If you could it would be a life saver, Moody." Aurelie beamed.

The two let out a few laughs, lying down on their backs. They stared up at the ceiling in silence for a few more moments before Aurelie shot up.

"I'm in love with Gilbert Blythe!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

312K 9.6K 31
Book One in 'The Twisted Series' Isabella, Group A, Subject A77, The Original a sixteen year old girl who was thrown into the glade to help the tria...
262K 5.6K 37
together, they brought warmth to everyone around them.
114K 734 8
នេះជារឿងក្ដៅខ្លួនទី2របស់admin admin ចូលចិត្តសរសេរត្រង់ៗ😗🔞មិនពេញចិត្តរំលងចេញណ៎៎ា✌
538K 11.6K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.