The Hufflepuff Princess

By Scarlet_Riddle

She was the epitone of Hufflepuff, beautiful, kind and caring. The daughter of two muggles, both loving paren... More

Prolouge: A Sweet Rose
Chapter One: The Zoo
Chapter Two: A Witch
Chapter three: Hogwarts
Chapter Four: Rats and Potions
Chapter 5: Brooms and Friends
Chapter 6: Dead Rabbit and a Horrible Halloween
Chapter 7: Recovery and Friends
Chapter 8: Quidditch and Detention
Chapter 9: Winter and Dr. Snow
Chapter 10: A Festive Train Ride
Chapter 11: Crabs and Christmas
Chapter 12: The end of a Year
Chapter 13: Letters and Dinner Parties
Chapter 14: Diagon Alley and Weasleys
Chapter 15: The Diggory Home
Chapter 16: Returning to Hogwarts
Chapter 17: Howlers and Professors
Chapter 18: Mudbloods & Ghosts
Chapter 19: Start of Punishments
Chapter 20: Tryouts and Friends
Chapter 22: Halloween
Chapter 23: Tutor and Dumbledore
Schedule for Hufflepuff Princess & Author's Note
Chapter 24: Myrtle and Broomsticks
Chapter 25: Another Attack
Chapter 26: Aftermath and Mandrakes
Chapter 27: Snakes Vs Dr. Snow
Chapter 28: Justin and Traditions
Chapter 29: Merry Friends
Chapter 30: Christmas in the Muggle World
Chapter 31: Valentines Day and Scales
Chapter 32: Images and Courses
Chapter 33: Ginny Weasley and Discoveries
Chapter 34: The Worst Birthday Ever
Chapter 35: Discovery
Chapter 36: Visitors and Flowers
Chapter 37: Bittersweet Silence
Chapter 38: Finally Free
END OF YEAR 2
Chapter 39: Untold Secrets
Chapter 40: Family Heritage
Chapter 41: Summer at Privet Drive
Chapter 42: Marge and Letters
Chapter 43: The Best of Friends
Chapter 44: Confessions and Relief
Chapter 45: Conversations and Unicorns
Pre-update greeting:
Chapter 46: Water Wrestling and Simple Lies
Chapter 47: Diagon Alley with Friends
Announcement:
Chapter 48: Friends and books
Chapter 49: Sisters and Disagrements
Mistakes were made
Chapter 50: Dementors on The Train
Guess Who's back
Chapter 51: A beautiful mystery

Chapter 21: Houselves, Hagrid, and Letters

3.2K 128 43
By Scarlet_Riddle

Rose was thoroughly enjoying all of the work she received for her punishment. While she was exhausted, the work and school kept her nerves away from the upcoming quidditch list. She had just finished her time with Madam Pomfry, and was rather proud to go to the Caretaker Filch to hand deliver a potion. She researched for hours and was supervised by Snape while she created the potion to cure his flu. 

"Mrs. Norris, how are you?" The familiar cat with lamp eyes rubbed against her ankles before leading her towards the office of Filch. Rose heard mumbling and angry sniffling, it was a dreadful day. The wet muddy outside had caused Rose to dread the trip to Hagrid's pumpkins to take care of them tomorrow. A gentle knock upon Filch's office door caused a gruff, "Come in." Rose slowly opened the door, the smell of fried fish wafted through the room, Filch was bright red, his nose snotty. Mrs. Norris hopped onto his desk, "Hello Ms. Park, I'm afraid I'm much too busy for a chat. Very rubbish day." Rose looked upset before she held out the vial towards Filch. He looked towards it, "What is this?" Rose smiled, "I made it for you. It's to cure your flu. I'm sorry if it tastes bad. I couldn't taste it to check." Filch paused in his scuffling and gently took the vial, "Thank you. It's rare to have students like you around. Now, please excuse me." Rose smiled as she nodded, wishing them a good day and closing the door behind her. The slow walk back to the dorm sent chills down her spine, but a soft mopey voice floated to her, "Hello Rose." 

"Hello Myrtle. I hope you're doing okay? Thought of death lately?" Myrtle sighed dreamily as she floated next to her, "Yes, so peaceful." Rose giggled towards Myrtle who held a soft smile, "I've been invited to a Deathday party." Rose tilted her head, "Deathday? Ghost parties for that day?" Myrtle nodded softly as she gently explained, "Oh yes. It's a dreadfully sad party, but music and dancing happen. Sir. Nick is celebrating his 500th Deathday. And I get to go!" Rose smiled brightly as she clapped, "That's wonderful, Myrtle! You must tell me all about it okay? When is it?" Myrtle floated happily around her, "Halloween." Rose smiled as she walked towards the dorm listening to Myrtle talk all about how Olive Hornby regretted teasing her. Rose paused before smiling at her, "Well, I'm afraid I have to get some sleep, do take care Myrtle. I can't wait to hear all about your adventures at the Party!" Myrtle wished her a good night before flying through the wall, Rose tapped the barrels as always before entering the cozy dorm. Students were doing homework in corners of the room as first years giggled roasting marshmallows over the large flame. Rose heard Alice rustling around in their dorm, complaining loudly about her potions homework. Rose happily ran up to her as she looked down at her parchment, "Honestly… why does he expect us to know the ingredients of the Forgetful potion? It literally says forget!" Rose laughed as she spoke towards her, "But you forget everything-" Alice looked towards her glaring playfully, "Oh shut up Rose. Are you ready for the Halloween feast? It's after tomorrow right?" Rose nodded cheerfuly, "Yeah, I can't wait." Alice asked who entered the Hospital wing today, "I heard Nevile got hurt again." Rose giggled before she nodded, "Apparently he got splashed with an unfinished potion, I had to help Madam Pomfry treat his burns." Alice shook his head before she continued her work, "Merlin came with another letter today." Rose looked surprised, "Really?" Alice nodded, "Yeah. I'm giving up. I'll just do it before potions tomorrow." Alice groaned before she flopped on her bed, Rose bid her goodnight, changing into her pajamas and laying on her bed, picking up both the letters. She opened the first one, as she hadn't opened it before. 

Dear Rose,

I have heard many things about you. However, why is it that a muggle-born is the top student? How are you so powerful to take out an entire quidditch team? I must say… I'm unusually impressed. However, make sure you understand who will protect you. Who your true alys are. 

I look forward to hearing more about you… maybe we will meet one day. 

T. R. 

Rose looked absolutely confused, taking the letter away from her face. "What on earth?" Rose stared at the letter, before she tucked away the letter deciding it had to be a prank. The next letter she opened seeing the lovely handwriting of her mother. 

My Dearest Rose, 

I'm so sorry that happened to you my dear. Boys are quite stupid, but unfortunatly you'll have to experience so much more of this now that you're older. Did quidditch tryouts go well? Whatever that is. 

Your father has been talking with Vernon and Petunia about a new deal. He had to help repair a window, it broke somehow. Apparently your great-grandmother is really driving the family crazy. She's taken up some sort of weird water expercise. Apparently she saw it on some sort of show, anyway, she apparently wants to talk to you this summer. Something about how you've grown. I think she's finally losing it.

Stay safe, love. Don't let Draco get you down. 

Love,
Mom

Rose giggled as she thought about how her family in Korea must be racing around to keep up with her grandma. Rose tucked away her letter with the rest, Halmonee is so much more active then aunty. Rose pulled up her blankets, thinking of her usual things. The new potions she created, the idea of a deathday party, and the amount of mud that was outside. 

Next day: 

Classes were quick that Friday, Rose was talking with Hagrid with the massive pumpkins in front of her. Hagrid was very proud of his pumpkins and squashes, as he should, they could fit three men inside each. Hagrid easily picked up one, while Rose gulped. 

"Hagrid, what are we doing with them?" Hagrid looked towards her with a smile, "Takin' 'em to the kitchen 'of course. Come on." Rose lifted her wand and levitated the huge pumpkins before her, only two went up. She was horrified going down the corridors; students were almost smacked with the pumpkins she levilated or squashed or trampled on by Hagrid. "Watch it!" Rose watched as the freshmen squealed and flattened themselves against the wall, "Sorry." Rose managed to follow behind Hagrid. Hagrid decided to carry a conversation, "So, 'ow are yeh doing Rose? Professer Snape and Pomfry ain't workin' yeh too 'ard?" Rose shrugged, "It's really hard work. I deserve it though, I did attack people." Hagrid huffed towards her as he crouched through a doorway, "Yeh were provoked. That rat Malfoy hurt yeh, don' think I didn't notice yeh looks. Yeh look like someone betrayed yeh, which 'e did." Rose sighed softly, dodging a houself, "Hagrid…" Hagrid chuckled, "Don't yeh try and say anythin'. Let's finish this task and we'll have a bit o tea." Rose nodded as she followed the half giant around, speaking about dragons. 

"Beautiful creatures they are-I used to 'ave one." Hagrid smiled as he had misty eyes, "Norbert, though it turns out they're now Noberta." Rose giggled as she held a pumpkin in her arms walking in the hut, "Norbert is a wonderful name Hagrid. My grandmother told me dragons protected my family, though… She's a muggle. It's still comforting to have someone to speak with about magical creatures." Hagrid looked proud as he blushed, "Well, I ain't a professor but I love the creatures. Ask away." Rose thought of every creature she learned about, but paused, "Those animals… pulling the carriages. What are they?" Hagrid froze looking at her in shock, "Yeh can see 'em?" Rose nodded as she held the large tea cup, "Yeah, Neville and Alice said they couldn't." Rose was quiet, Hagrid seemed to become sad as he stated, "Well… Not everyone can see 'em." Rose looked to him, "Really? Why can I see them?" Hagrid gulped before he stated, "Well… yeh see… Yeh can't see them unless yeh seen death." Rose looked surprised before she looked down, "Oh… I see." Hagrid looked towards her upset, "Rose… How-" Rose shook her head before smiling, "We better finish up our tasks." Rose lifted the pumpkin again taking off her robe and pulling up her sleeves, "Do you have a knife Hagrid?" Hagrid looked towards her before standing, "I do, give me a second." Hagrid walked to the other side of his hut while Rose took out her wand, using the tip with a small charm to mark out a carving. 

"What yeh gonna carve it as?" Rose smiled as she giggled, "A classic jack-o-lantern. I just want to do it the muggle way, it's fun." Hagrid chuckled as Rose carved the opening and scooped the insides into a bowl, she was going to pick out the seeds a little bit later. Hagrid decided to ask about her celebrations at home, "What did yeh family do fer Halloween? Never seen muggles decorate." Rose giggled as she looked towards him, "Well, Omma roasts the pumpkin seeds, while Appa carves them with me. My appa can make a masterful decoration, he carved a witch and bats flying the year before I went to Hogwarts." Hagrid looked impressed as Rose smiled, "My mom hates the mess, but I found it fun." Hagrid chuckled as he watched his boarhound fang wag his tail. Rose was elbows deep in the pumpkin, scooping out the last innards, before nodding and looking at the large bowl of seeds and pumpkin guts. "Well, maybe I can use a little magic on that part." Hagrid laughed so loud that some decorations shivered in the hut, he grabbed his pink umbrella and tapped the bowl. Rose was astounded at the sight of the items seprating. Hagrid winked and held up a finger to his lips, Rose smiled as she carved the face bit by bit. After they finished Rose make a little fire in the pumpkin before she bid Hagrid farewell. On her way back she was surprised, "Merlin?" Merlin was going after something causing her to fuss at him, "Merlin! No!" Rose put down her pumpkin and raced over, a squeaky voice spoke back once Rose quelled Merlin. 

"T-Thank you miss." Rose looked towards the large eyed houself. He wore an old pillowcase, large green eyes, and huge ears, "You don't work here, are you okay? I'm so sorry about Merlin." The large eyes widened before he smiled, "Y-Yes, Thank you so much. I'm Dobby, Dobby the House Elf. And you are Ms. Rose Park." Rose looked surprised, "Dobby? Well it's wonderful to meet you, but why are you at Hogwarts?" Rose noticed him shivering, as it had grown chilly, she gently pulled out her wand. Dobby flinched, shielding his face but immediately Rose knelt down, "Oh, I won't harm you. It's cold, I just want to make sure you're warm." Rose gently taped Dobby who broke into loud sobs, "Ms. Rose is so generous. S-So kind to Dobby she is." Rose turned pink as she sat on the ground bringing her pumpkin towards her, "Oh, please, don't cry. Why was Merlin messing with you?" Merlin ooed with his feathers fluffing, "Dobby was at fault. Dobby was going to send you a letter, but… Dobby pulled the feather a bit too hard." Rose looked surprised checking Merlin, "I'm sorry Dobby. Merlin came from a tough place, I'm afriad he does not trust many people." Dobby looked towards Rose with Admiration, "Dobby has heard from his masters of your kindness, and beauty. Never did he expect your warm heart, miss." Rose blushed again as she giggled, "Your masters? You serve someone else?" Dobby looked nervous which Rose quickly stated, "Don't worry, you don't have to tell me who." Dobby looked relieved before he reached in his pillowcase, "For you miss." Rose received an envelope, she looked at it confused, "What for?" Dobby looked sad and scared, "You must protect yourself. Terrible things are going to happen. Dobby knows many would be upset if your kindness was lost." Rose looked concerned, "What? Dobby-" Dobby bowed to her before quickly apologizing, "Dobby must go. Forgive Dobby for his harassment of Merlin." With a pop Dobby disappeared, Rose and Merlin sat there astounded. Terribe things, Rose worried, What does this have to do with me? 

Later

"Wonderful pumpkin Rose!" Rose thanked the Hufflepuffs near her before she ducked into her room. Merlin flew off after Rose checked all over him. Rose pulled out the letter, and opened it. 

Dear Ms. Rose,

Dobby's masters have spoken about you a lot recently. About your brilliance and kindness, Dobby begs you not to try and help anyone this year. Terrible things are going to happen. The master would be terribly upset if you were harmed. Dobby wishes you safe times, head warning to the people around you. Things are not how they seem.

Dobby the house elf 

Rose was astounded, "What terrible things? People around me?" Rose's head swarmed in confusion, she had no idea what to do. Rose held the letter before sighing, "There is nothing I can do right now. I just hope Dobby is wrong." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

492K 12.5K 45
Cedric Diggory has been my best friend ever since I was six years old. Our friendship had always been so perfect until my fourth year of Hogwarts ca...
46.7K 792 39
Y/n has gotten caught up in a love triangle with of all the people , Draco Malfoy , and Cedric Diggory who will she end up with? Read to find out Thi...
2.1K 143 77
In year one you were a brave, cunning, dedicated, and smart individual. The hat couldn't decide what house you were in; you were all four. The talk...
1.2K 29 35
This story is about a girl named y/n riddle, she fell in love with Cedric diggory, but still loves Draco, she soon learns how toxic Draco is but agai...