Vibrations // l.s.

By blondfille

Harry is a deaf English/ASL teacher at the California School for the Deaf. Louis is an international pop star... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14*
15
16
17*
18
19*
20
21
22
23
24
25
26*
27
28
29
31*

30

922 42 5
By blondfille

Louis

I have no idea what to do now. It has been a week since my mother decided to make an appearance in my life again. She's been persistent in her quest to become a 'family' with Oli and myself again, like we had a good 'family' to begin with.

I looked through the messages on my phone, seeing some from my manager, one from Oli, a couple from Zayn, one from Harry, and around ten from my mother.

From: Unknown number

Louis, this is your mom. Please call me when you get the chance.

From: Unknown number

I want to meet with you so we can talk. Please, Louis.

From: Unknown number

I also want to see Oli. I know I haven't seen him since he was a child but he's still my son.

From: Unknown number

Louis, I know you don't like me at the moment but I want to make things up to you.

From: Unknown number

I've missed you Louis.

The texts came in almost every half hour and I was really contemplating blocking the number. I can't stand the thought of Jillian speaking with Oli and trying to persuade him into keeping her in his life. I know it's inevitably up to him but I don't want to give her the opportunity to disappoint him once again.

I heard a tap against my bedroom door. Sighing, I placed my phone on my bedside table and walked the short distance to the wooden door. I swung it open and was met with the face of my best friend.

"Hey Lou." I felt tears start to rush to my eyes before I wrapped my arms around him tightly.

"Zayn-" I choked on my words and couldn't finish a sentence to save my life. I don't know what came over me, maybe the stress of seeing my mother again, having to cope with the fact that she wants to see Oli, or that Oli wanted nothing to do with his own mother.

"Let's sit so we can talk about the mess you're in."  Zayn mumbled to me. I nodded my head and let him guide us to my bed, both sitting on the edge.

"Oli filled me in on what happened last week but I want to know how we're going to dodge the whole 'mother of the year' act." I scoffed lightly at Zayn's attempt to make light of the situation but shook my head lightly.

"I have no idea. When she tried this years ago, Oli wasn't old enough to even know what was going on. I almost wish that I could've hidden this from him but I know that would've been wrong on my part, to keep him in the dark." Zayn agreed.

"You did the right thing, Lou." He placed his hand in my shoulder. "Has she tried to contact you since last week?"

I silently grabbed my phone, going to my messages and handed Zayn the device. I watched his eyebrows quirk up at all the messages that Jillian had sent.

"Wow. You can't say she isn't persistent." I scoffed once again and nodded along. Zayn rubbed a hand down his face and gave my phone back to me. "Maybe you should start by blocking her number. That way you won't have to stress every time your phone gives you a notification."

"You're right." I quickly did such and let out a deep breath. "Next on the agenda, how do I know that she didn't follow me to the house from the studio last week?"

"Maybe you can get the girl at the front desk of the studio to access the security cameras. See if she tried to take off after you." Zayn leaned back casually on my bed.

"That's actually a really good idea, I'll have to do that soon. I really don't want to take any chances of her showing up here." I laughed bitterly to myself. "All of this because of a woman who was supposed to be my mother."

Zayn frowned but didn't say anything after my statement. He knew what my parents were like whenever I was growing up, I told him everything once I knew he was part of this family. He also knew about the other times one of my parents suddenly reappeared in our lives, usually for ill intent.

I stood from the bed and decided to get ready for the day. I had been moping around this morning because I hadn't been in the best mood lately, shocking I know.

"Have you told Harry about seeing Jillian?" Zayn asked curiously as I changed into some fresh clothes.

"I did." I paused and chewed on my lip nervously.

"What is it?" I heard Zayn ask. I kept my eyes from meeting his and responded.

"Should I tell him about the other times my parents have come around? Those were dark times for me and I don't want to burden Haz with all of my family drama." I focused on finishing getting dressed as Zayn spoke.

"Well, that's really up to you isn't it? I mean, I'm sure Harry would like to know about your family and all that comes with that. Plus, he could help with the situation." Zayn shrugged. "Even if it's just giving moral support."

I kept biting my lips as I mulled over Zayn's words. Of course I want Harry to know everything about me and I'm not afraid to open up to him. But what if all of my family craziness is too much?

——

Oli

"We have to go in that store next! I see the cutest dress in the window!" I watched Val sign quicker than normal, I guess because of the excitement, before speed walking toward a clothing store she had her eye on. I sighed but kept following her around the crowded mall.

"I'm barely able to sign to you anymore because of all the bags I'm carrying! I think I'm almost at my limit!" I signed dramatically and held up the bags that were hanging from my arms. She just smiled widely and kissed my cheek quickly.

"You're the one that insisted on carrying all of the bags. I have offered multiple times to carry some." She retorted but kept smiling softly.

"Well what kind of boyfriend would I be if I let my lady carry her own shopping bags?" I signed with a cheeky grin. She just shook her head slightly and we both walked into the next store.

I followed Val while she browsed the different clothing items, spending lots of time near the dresses. I grew rather bored but decided not to speak my mind since she looked like she was having a lot of fun.

I instead started gazing around at all of the other people in the store. Surprisingly, there weren't that many people in here. There was another couple like us and a few other girls that looked to be doing some shopping for a special event.

My eyes kept drifting around until I was looking out the windows at the front of the store. I didn't find anything out of the ordinary until I made eye contact with a woman who was staring in my direction. I furrowed my brows and redirected my gaze. She probably recognises me as 'the Louis Tomlinson's' brother so I will try to ignore her staring.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to see Val holding up two dresses. One was a nice blue color that would look really good on her skin tone and the other was black and, from what I could tell, very short.

"Which one do you like better?" She spoke slowly so I could read her lips.

"The shortest and tightest one they have is obviously my favorite!" She hit me lightly with one of the dresses and we both laughed quietly. "I'm kidding baby. Either one will look great on you." She contemplated for a while before deciding to try on a few to make up her mind.

I gladly sat on the bench that was near the changing rooms and sat the bags near my feet. I glanced around the store again but was taken aback at what I saw.

The same woman that was outside the store was now a few feet away from me, still staring me down. I narrowed my eyes and tilted my head, trying to portray my confusion so maybe she would work up the courage to come over and speak to me if she wanted to.

It seems like that worked because she was walking slowly toward me. 

"Are you Louis Tomlinson's brother?" She asked slowly. I knew that she had to be a fan of my brother because who else would stare so openly at me?

"Yes, that's me." I nodded and spoke softly, making sure that I wasn't speaking too loudly for the store. I'm known for yelling when I talk sometimes, or so Louis says.

"Wow, you're so grown up!" She exclaimed more excitedly than last which kind of startled me. I didn't respond verbally but just nodded along, trying to be polite. After a few moments of her just staring at me, I spoke up once again.

"Are you a fan of my brother's music?" I asked politely. 

"You could say that." I nodded again.

"Did you want-"

"I'm your mother Oliver." I was interrupted by her statement and couldn't help my mouth from dropping open in shock. She looked as if she was waiting for me to say something but I couldn't manage one syllable. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned, seeing Val holding the dress she chose. She smiled at me, not knowing the situation that was happening around her.

"Is this your girlfriend!? Oh! It's so nice to meet you!" My 'mother' tried to sign to Val but it was very uncoordinated and barely legible. Val was sort of confused but trying to be polite to the strange woman.

"Listen, I-"

"I would love it if you two would join me for lunch! I want to learn all about you Oliver!" I was interrupted again by her incessant need to be cheerful. I shook my head.

"I don't know if I want to go to lunch with someone that claims she's my mother without any proof to back it up. I'm not sure what my mother looks like so I'm not comfortable agreeing to something without Louis here to clarify." I tried to deflect and grabbed Val's hand softly, starting to pull us away from the woman in front of us.

"There is no need to get Louis involved sweetie! I'm your mum!" She tried to stop us from walking away but I was faster.

Val understood that I was trying to leave as fast as I could so she snatched the shopping bags from the ground and ditched the dress in her hands. We quickly walked away from the woman and out the front door of the store. I kept looking behind us to make sure that she hadn't followed us, getting a safe distance away before stopping to calm myself down.

"Was I paying attention correctly or did she not just say that she's your mother?" Val signed to me once I had visibly relaxed. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I have no idea if she's my mother or not. She could just be a crazy fan of my brother." Val didn't look convinced and honestly, I wasn't either.

"So, what are you going to do?" She asked me curiously.

"I need to talk to Louis."

_______

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 114K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
277K 8.3K 63
❝ Shut up,❞ ❝ Make me, 𝐩𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬.❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ no matter how hard she tries to resist, the daughter of Hades ends up falling for Percy Jac...
572K 35K 99
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
9.4M 307K 52
"you're all mine; the hair, the lips, the body, it's all mine." highest previous rankings: - #1 in jimin - #1 in pjm - #1 in btsfanfic cover by: @T...