A Veil of Shadow ✅

By MarinaWritings

✨Previously called Ruthless✨ He's cold hearted, dangerous, and not one to be messed with. Leandor the alpha o... More

*Prolouge
*Chapter One: You're not my mate
*Chapter Two: Leandor
*Chapter Three: I'm not worth killing for
*Chapter Four: Vincent
*Chapter Five: His Room
*Chapter Six: Foolish Type
*Chapter Seven: Paula
*Chapter Eight: Both Out Of Luck
*Chapter Nine: He Did Deserve it, Right?
*Chapter Ten: Just When You Think
*Chapter Eleven: Weak
*Chapter Twelve: Wyatt
*Chapter Thirteen: Simple Kindness
*Chapter Fourteen: A little to much to drink
Chapter Fifteen: A Challenge
Chapter Sixteen: A run in
*Chapter Seventeen: That bastard didn't deserve to live
Chapter Eighteen: Over the line
*Chapter Nineteen: Think for yourself
Chapter Twenty: Who do you think you are?
Chapter Twenty-Two: She hit you
Chapter Twenty-three: It hurt
Chapter Twenty-four: Destructive
Chapter Twenty- Five: So Beautiful
Chapter Twenty - Six: Who's he?
Chapter twenty-seven: Turning point
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Find Elena
Chapter Twenty-Nine: A gift and a curse
Chapter Thirty: Such a distraction
Thirty - One: How could I forget?
*Thirty-Two: Demon Inside Him
Thirty-Three: Go against everything
Thirty-Four: The Gathering {Part One}
Thirty-Four: The Gathering {Part Two}
Thirty-Five: Wanted
Thirty-Six: The Unexpected
Thirty-Seven: On the Brink
Chapter Thirty - Eight: Just Save Him
Chapter Thirty-Nine: You Have to Understand
Chapter Forty: Not Just yet
Forty - One: Would Have to Wait
Forty-Two: Plans
Forty-Three: Now We Wait
Forty- Four: Take charge
Chapter Forty-Five: So this is it
⚠️IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT (must read)

Chapter Twenty-One: Innocence

90.6K 3.5K 389
By MarinaWritings

The barbecue was set up in the backyard of the pack house. There was so many members of this pack. Comparatively speaking, Leandor's pack was twice, probably even three times the size of my last pack.

Some of the pack members I had remembered seeing earlier. Some of them were scowling at me and others were smirking. I was confused at first then remembered beating up that guy, Justin.

He deserved what he had coming to him. I really had to speak to Leandor about his pack members' respect for females. Girls are equally strong as men if no then we are smarter for the most part.

A tug on my hand had me out of my thoughts. I looked up to see Leandor pulling me towards him giving me a concerned look.

"Is this all to much for you?" He asked genuinely worried. It was a surprise twist since all he was doing was being a complete ass to me. Caught off guard I tried to respond.

"Yea," His face fell and I realized I said the wrong thing. Realizing his I was quick to reply. "I mean no I'm fine I was just thinking." I smiled sheepishly and his lips twitched up into a smile.

"I can't wait to mark you so I can peek around that tiny little beautiful mind of yours." He whispered into my ear. I fought back the shiver of pleasure that dared to show its self.

Wait! Did he just call me stupid?

As if realizing Leandor chuckled and pulled me along to meet other people. Everyone was so thrilled to be finally meeting there soon to be Luna. I had to put on a fake welcoming smile though inside I felt broken and torn. I wondered if Leandor knew how much this really bothered me.

About a half hour into meeting the members of the pack, my heart had a stuttered to it and my wolf started running around frantic in my head. It only did this when something bad was going to happen. It was like a sixth sense having a wolf.

I immediately perked up and shifted my hearing to my wolf's even my eye sight to a sharper lens. Scanning the perimeter I couldn't find anything. I would sniff the air but that would do nothing seek as I could easily mix the pack's scent with anything dangerous. I tried to put this feeling to the back of my head.

"I want you to meet my parents." Leandor spoke up. I snapped out of trans and gazed up at him. He was so eager to show me off it was actually scary to watch.

"They'll hate me!" I said tugging my hand from his. Leandor grower and snaked his arm around my waist pulling me him.

"Don't pull away from me again. Not in front of everyone." He hissed under his breath. I glared up at him and I could have sworn I heard someone say 'He ain't getting any tonight'. How more right they could be. And as if I would ever give him any in the first place. "And why would they hate you?"

"Because I ran away from you!" I shot back. He rolled his eyes childishly. I've never seen an alpha so open with his emotions. What was this Hocus Pocus shit?

"You really think I'd let that stunt slip out to all my pack? I don't want my pack to think their Luna will walk away from them." Leandor explained like it was no big deal. "No one knows about what you did besides the scouting group that were with Nathan and I. Nobody other than Vincent too, knows about your stunt."

His cool breath tickled my ear and I involuntarily strained my neck muscles in reaction.

No one knows what a mate can truly do to you until you actually meet them. As much as I tried by to enjoy my time with the bastard I started fall for him hard. Yet, everything that falls breaks.

I wanted to level the subject alone but the body of the man I killed was still sitting in the back of my head. I had to ask him about that. As much as it sickened me to know I was to blame for his death I still wanted to now what the out come was after I escaped.

I held my breath and forced myself to look up at Leandor. He noticed my mood change and his features darkened a bit. I felt so off, so different, vulnerable even.

"What is it?" Leandor asked studying me hard. I swallowed trying to piece together the franticly dancing words in my head.

"What happened to the body?" I whispered hoping he heard me. If I spoke any louder a member of his pack would over hear us.

"What body, Mia?" He questioned me confused.

"You know.... the one I killed." I hushed out snapping my mouth shut immediately after the words left my mouth.

Leandor tugged at my wrist and pulled be around the corner of the pack house beneath one of the many balconies. The moon left a shadow in the midst of the side yard. Leandor's green eyes twinkled but not in the good way.

"Be careful with what you say in front of the pack." He snapped at me. I coward away but not before Leandor yanked me closer.

"I'm sorry." I sounded utterly defeated. I allowed my eye-lids to drop down and gaze at the grass. My tone of voice took both of us by surprise. I never thought of myself as weak but this for some reason was making me so small. "I-I just... I never meant for it to happen." I chocked out trying not to sound like a teenage girl ready to cry her eyes out.

Silence separated us like miles of deserted road. An empty feeling welled my heart. I was beginning to think being so far from Elena was good for my heal not the contradicting thoughts racing in my head. I wanted nothing more, now that I thought about, than Leandor. He might be an asshole and a dick but I don't think I can deny the sparkling feelings of connection that tickled between us.

"The body was taken care of." Leandor told me. I looked up at him sadly. My eyebrows furrowing.

"What did you do with it? What does his parents think happened to him?" I asked now so indulged in this new information. With this info I could finally lay my actions to rest.

"They are having the funeral tomorrow and they think a rouge was to blame for it." He told me and my stomach dropped. A rouge attack. This pack had something in the satisfaction of simply blaming anything that goes wrong on rouges. No wonder rouges have such a bad name.

I nodded my head to tired to argue about Leandor's means of hiding the murder I committed. Leandor took my hand and took us both back to the back yard where people talked and joked around. A few of the younger werewolves were shifted playing little duels. It reminded me of the duels I had back home. I was pretty good at it. I even beat on of the top guys in my class. But that was probably from the silver wolf blood in me.

I sat down at a table by myself and watched the pack to there business like the gathering was nothing new. It was amusing to me and to my own surprise Leandor had walked off trusting them to stay there without running off....again. He probably knew I wasn't feeling up to it even if my life depended on it.

Sipping out some punch from my cup. the tangle texture of the liquid coated my throat. Swallowing it down I coughed. looking around my eye met a little girl with bouncy blonde curls. They were curled around her neck and it complimented her face perfectly.

"Hello." I greeted her and she smile showing a missing front tooth.

"I'm Giselle." She said smiling and a dimple showed on her right cheek. I grinned welcoming the new bright personality of the little girl.

"That's a really pretty name." I replied back as her blonde hair bounced when she squealed happily.

"What's yours?" Giselle asked holding her hands in front of her bursting with excitement. "I bet it's something really pretty."

I laughed at her innocence and smiled down at her. "My name is Mia." I told her taping her nose tightly making the girl giggle even more.

"Oh! Like the new Luna! Oh my gosh are your two twins?" She asked jumping up and down. I laughed getting a thrill out of Giselle's bubbly personality. She was a character.

"Can I trust you with a secret?" I whispered down to her. She nodded her head coming ever closer. Her face going seriously instantly. She leaned in closer to me until I was by her ear. "I am the new Luna." I whispered to her.

Giselle gasped and covered her mouth. She shook her head in disbelief. Then her eyes widened as saucers.

"Your so pretty I should have known someone as pretty as you would be the Luna." She told me and I chuckled. It was interrupted when I heard a grumbling. I looked down at the little blonde girl realizing that it was her tiny tummy.

"You hungry?" I asked her raising an eyebrow amused when she covered her tummy with her hands and nodded her head sheepishly. I wish more people could have such innocence.

I picked her up and held her snug against my hip and side. She was playing with a strand of my hair and it made me smile. I never knew something so small could make me feel so happy. I turned to her as I walked toward the back door of the pack house were the food was.

"Giselle, how old are you?" I questioned curiously.

She stopped playing with the price of hair and looked at me. I noticed her big brown eyes that were twinkling with flakes of gold.

"Three, Luna." Giselle put three fingers up and I smiled amused.

Approaching a table I leaned forward a little to allow the girl to see all the food. "What would you like to eat?"

Giselle studied all the Bowles of food and her eyes finally settled on a bowl of chips. Ginning, I put her down and began piling some on a plate for her. I was almost done when I heard a shout and a whimper. I was the only person besides Giselle that was close to the food stables and the sound felt like it was coming from the house. Furrowing my eyebrows I looked down at Giselle but she seemed not to noticed the sounds I was.

Putting the plate in her little hands I ushered her to find her parents while I found out what that sound was. It sounded like someone falling.

Entering the house I smelt the scent of about a half a dozen other wolves. I was down wind so they couldn't smell me which was good and bad I thought to myself.

Scanning the kitchen no one was in there so I continued to go from room to room but still didn't see anyone. Well no one that needed help that is. I so happened to walk in on Nathan and Leah smooching on the sofa in the living room. I cringed and scurried out of that room in a heartbeat.

Thinking that it was none other than Leah and Nathan getting frisky on the sofa I hurried back to the back yard but than I heard it again. This time I knew for a fact that it was coming from upstairs. I rushed up them and stopped when I heard the shouting again.

"Stop please! I-I didn't mean to upset you." It was Paula's frantic voice. "Please I'm begging you stop." I felt the adrenaline racing in my blood like a total wave.

I tried to find what door she was in but there was so many I couldn't find the right one.

"You should have thought about that before you brought that bitch in my home." I recognized that voice anywhere. It was Justin. The dirty bastard himself. Now I was fuming with anger. If he lays so much as a single fucking finger on her I'll kill him.

"I didn't know she was going to hit you I-I'm sorry! It wasn't my fault!" She screamed and then there was a crash. "Get away from me! HELP!"

Trying every door knob I finally crashed into the only one locked. Whimpers and fumbling came from the other side. Then another scream came again. How was no one else hearing this!?

The door wouldn't budge. Backing up I stared at it.

Bye-bye door. And then I ran at the door bursting through it as it burst into splinters of wood.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

477K 14.8K 24
Mia Ross has been running since she was 13. Now 17, with her 19 year old brother, she is still running. From whoever killed her parents along with he...
448K 9.4K 45
"We can't!" I shout at him, as I push him away from me. "Why?" He says in a sensual voice. "Because we're rivals." I say as he walks up to me, pinni...
104K 3.6K 27
"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I questioned trying to get out of Tommy's grip as he pulled me down the stairs. "We're leaving." He respon...
406K 11.1K 42
Hello everyone !! This is my first book and I hope u like this one . Feel free to comment and please do vote for the chapters u like . Alena...