The Better Ones [JeongMin]

Autorstwa jeongmin-

Jimin and Jeongyeon constantly spread nasty rumors about each other in their campus. ๐™– ๐™Ÿ๐™š๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™ฎ๐™š๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ญ... Wiฤ™cej

Foreword
Characters/OST Bank
Prologue: Miss Cupid
Chapter 1: The Pharktom
Chapter 2: He's Everywhere
Chapter 3: Something About Him
The Bulletproof Update #1
Chapter 4: Confusions
The Bulletproof Update #2
The Cypher Update #1
The Bulletproof Update #3
Chapter 6: Nobody, Somebody
The Cypher Update #2
Chapter 7: Friends or Foes
Chapter 8: Shining
The Bulletproof Update #4.1
The Bulletproof Update #4.2
Chapter 9: For a Show I
Chapter 10: For a Show II
The Cypher Update #3
The Cypher Update #4
Chapter 11: Controlled Emotions
Popcorn, Parkies! Update #1
The Bulletproof Update #5
Chapter 12: He-hello
The Cypher Update #5
Chapter 13: Interests and Whereabouts
The Cypher Update #6
Chapter 14: Like Him, Like Her
Park Jimin Update #1
Park Jimin Update #2
Chapter 15: The Protector
Chapter 16: Gut Feelings
Always Here
The Cypher Update #7
The Cypher Update #8
Popcorn, Parkies! Update #2
Chapter 17: Welcome Back
Chapter 18: Park Jimin I
Chapter 19: Park Jimin II
Chapter 20: Are You Okay?
Popcorn, Parkies! Update #3
Chapter 21: Pretend Play
The Cypher Update #9
Chapter 22: Five Harsh People
A Little Update
Chapter 23: Yoo Jeongyeon I
Chapter 24: Closure I
Chapter 25: Kim Taehyung
Chapter 26: Nayeon and Hoseok Time
Chapter 27: Playtime

Chapter 5: The Perfect Girl

306 36 2
Autorstwa jeongmin-

Just a week ago, Sowon was not even looking at Jeongyeon, basically telling her that she didn't exist at their campus. But due to the recent events, people now turn their heads to her whenever she'd be around.

What exactly happened in the last few days?

Right after Jimin left Jeongyeon in front of the Parks' residence, she quickly got inside and took a long bath. She thought about what Jimin said.

He must be kidding, right?

But she couldn't be sure, especially that the guy was too unpredictable. So to be on the safe side, she ended up sleeping early again.

She woke up at four in the morning so that she could leave by five praying that it wouldn't rain and luckily for her, it didn't.

Jeongyeon was kind of questioning herself if she overdid it. Is 5 AM too early? But then again, she thought it was better than having Jimin around.

She stayed in the cafeteria since the library and the other classrooms were not yet available. She ate her food there and later on rested her head on the table to nap.

Not even an hour had passed and she already heard the other students coming in. Irritation was painted on her face when she looked up and she mentally cursed Jimin for this.

After taking her lunch, Jeongyeon took medicine for her headache and decided to go to the library this time to steal a few minutes of sleep again. However, she was greeted with a 'NO SLEEPING' post in front of the door.

Jeongyeon: Jinjja 😩

She paused and thought where else she could stay but ended up just going inside. She dragged herself to a vacant seat. After settling, she almost choked when she saw that the person from the other table in front of her was none other than Park Jimin, who seemed to haven't noticed her yet. He was wearing reading glasses as he reads and writes.

If she didn't know him and his odd behavior, she would probably be attracted to him. She sighed, relieved that she knew.

Jeongyeon was still staring at him when he finally looked up. She noticed that his eyes widened a bit but he tried to hide it and continued to just read.

If she had to be honest, she waited for him to do something again like maybe start a staring contest or bug her by sitting next to her. She was actually preparing her clap-backs that she was not able to use— he left his seat without another look in her direction.

After a few minutes, Jeongyeon checked her phone for the time and saw that it was five minutes before her next class so she got up to head to their classroom.

While clearing her notifications, she found a message request on her messenger.

Messenger:

Park Jimin: What time did
you leave for school? You
look like you didn't have
enough sleep 😂

End of Messenger

Jeongyeon: Tss. So he was peeking. 🙄

She was ready to send her 'None of your business' reply when she thought of a better idea.

Messenger:

Park Jimin: What time did
you leave for school? You
look like you didn't have
enough sleep 😂

Jeongyeon: 3 am. And I hate you.

Jimin: Jinjja? Hahaha.
I see. I still have your umbrella.

Jeongyeon: Forget about it.

Jimin: I cant :)) see you.

End of Messenger

〰️

During dinner, Sejeong shared that she saw Park Jimin outside their house that morning and Jeongyeon automatically felt the tense, she dropped her fork twice.

Jihyo: Unnie? Are you okay?

Sejeong: Now that I think about it, did he, perhaps, waited for you?

Jeongyeon: Mwo??? Wae? Why me? Maybe he waited for you.

Sejeong: We literally greeted each other but it didn't look like he was waiting for me. He left after I caught him.

Bo-ah: Caught him?

Sejeong: He was hiding. Then when I saw him, he was so shocked, his face reddened.

Jeongyeon involuntarily smiled at what she heard but she didn't let the Parks see her so she bit her inside cheek.

Jeongyeon: What if he was trying to see how he could get inside your house? What if he's a—

Jihyo: *steps on Jeongyeon's feet*

Jihyo: To surprise you, you mean?

Jeongyeon: C'mon, let's just not talk about him. 😩

Sejeong: I mean, it's totally fine Jeongyeon. I like him but not in a romantic way. So don't worry about me. Arasseo?

Jeongyeon: Sejeong 😫😫

Hye Eun: Yah, stop teasing Jeongyeon. Anyway, I have to check on this guy first before I allow you to go on a date with him, arasseo?

The Park daughters burst into laughter and Jeongyeon couldn't help but join in. It was a good dinner even if Jimin was the center of the discussion.

〰️

Jeongyeon quietly shut the gate of the residence and checked around if someone aside from her was there.

All clear.

Jeongyeon: Tss. I knew you wouldn't come here at three in the morning. Dumbass.

She was yawning when she suddenly felt that someone was already behind her. She was ready to punch that person on his groin until she recognized him.

Jeongyeon: JINJJA???? Why are you here??

Jimin: So it's 5 AM huh.

Jeongyeon: Don't tell me— aish! Are you really dumb?

Jimin: Why did you lie?

Jeongyeon: Why do you always annoy me?

Jimin: Because you lied.

Jeongyeon: What?

Jimin: Nanan.

Jeongyeon: Shut up.

Jimin: Just tell me you are Nanan and I will shut up.

Jeongyeon: Aish. I am not. Okay???

Jimin: Why do you lie? And why do you do that? You're the only one who saw me smoked at that exact place.

Jeongyeon: Stop. If you want to walk with me, be quiet. Please. *annoyed face*

Annoyance was obvious on Jeongyeon's face and she really wanted to throw a tantrum that moment but she stopped herself as she was sure her nemesis would be satisfied with that.

Her mind was so occupied that she only noticed that she and Jimin were under her purple umbrella held by him.

Jeongyeon: Yah! Would you keep that umbrella closed? It's not raining at all! And it's still dark!

Jimin: Ani. Let's keep it this way.

Jeongyeon: But you look stupid 😫

Jimin: Why do you care?

Jeongyeon: I— fine. If that makes you happy.

While waiting for the bus, Jimin started talking again.

Jimin: Why do you do that? What would you get? Tell me and let's settle this.

Jeongyeon: There's nothing to talk about.

Jimin: Do you hate me?

Jeongyeon: You annoy me.

Jimin: Wae?

Jeongyeon: I said stop talking.

Jimin: So you are Nanan.

Jeongyeon: No.

Jimin: Then why do you look at me like you want me gone?

Jeongyeon: Shut up. The bus is coming. Unless you want to be left here, stop talking now.

Jimin: *gulped*

They were getting on the bus that was only onboarded by the driver and its conductor before they arrived. Jimin was following Jeongyeon when he spoke again.

Jimin: So why do you stare at me like you want to erase me from this world?

Jeongyeon: Remember 'swipe left'?

Jimin: That? *laughs* You can't move on from that?

Jeongyeon: Stop laughing.

Jimin: Have you forgotten what you asked back then?

Jeongyeon: Huh? What?

Jimin: Secret.

Jeongyeon: Bullshit.

They were still walking down the bus' aisle when it suddenly stopped and it made Jeongyeon almost fall on the floor.

Jimin: Yah! Be careful!

Driver: Mianhae!

Jeongyeon: Aishhh! *grabbing the railing of the bus*

Jimin: Are you okay? *holding Jeongyeon's shoulders*

Jeongyeon: Don't touch me.

Jimin: Okay. *held his hands up*

Jeongyeon sat on one of the seats and Jimin followed her there.

Jeongyeon: Don't sit here.

Jimin: Mwo?? Wae??

Jeongyeon: Please???

Jimin: Tss. 😒 *left and sat next to Jeongyeon's seat*

Jeongyeon made herself comfortable and leaned her head on the window. She thought to herself that she would pay her fare once she sensed the conductor. However, she heard Jimin talked to the man.

Jimin: For me and that girl.

She was trying to figure out what else they were talking about but she failed— probably from the lack of sleep. So she just shrugged it off and took her long-awaited nap.

The bus was already full but she woke up with no one beside her. That was when she realized that Jimin, who was standing, was shaking her.

Jeongyeon: Did you sit beside me while I was sleeping? Jerk!

Jimin: Is that important? We are getting off, let's go. Or I will leave you here.

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes and just followed him. It was very chaotic but they managed to get off.

Jimin: So, are we friends now? *following Jeongyeon to their campus*

Jeongyeon: Why is this important to you?

Jimin: Because I want to understand why you want to write awful things about me.

Jeongyeon: You mean Nanan?

Jimin: Yes, I mean you.

Jeongyeon: I am not Nanan, okay? And the first thing that you need to do if you really want to be friends with anyone is to approach them like a normal person.

Jimin: What??

Jeongyeon: Figure it out yourself, Park Jimin. *heading to the cafeteria*

Jimin: I don't understand. Wait, you stay here?

Jeongyeon: Where else can I stay?

Jimin: I'm just asking.

Jeongyeon: I will sit here. Choose another table. Just not here. *sat and rested her head on the table*

Jeongyeon was in the middle of a good dream when she woke up because of the noise around her. She was still inside the cafeteria and some students were gathering inside. She checked the time and was surprised that it was already past eight.

Jeongyeon: Omo, I was able to sleep that long? *looking for Jimin* Where's that jerk?

The students stopped what they were doing and began murmuring when Jeongyeon moved to head out of the cafeteria. All eyes were on her, some even looked like they wanted to approach her but they didn't. She, of course, noticed it.

Her eyes widened upon realizing that Park Jimin might've put something on her face so she quickly ran into the bathroom to check. There was none. She also checked her clothes but everything was fine. This had made her overthink.

While walking to their first classroom, Jeongyeon messaged Jimin.

Messenger:

Jeongyeon: Yah! I woke up at
past eight.

Jimin: Why are you updating me?
I'm not your boyfriend.

Jeongyeon: 🙄🙄
Can't you see? I feel exhausted
because of you.
Thank goodness I woke up.
Or I'd be late for my first class.
It's because of you why I have to
get up at 4AM.

Jimin: Acknowledged.

Jeongyeon: Arggggg.

Jimin: Noted. Anything else?

Jimin: Yah. Why aren't you replying?
I still have your umbrella. Heheh.

Jeongyeon: It's yours now. Idc.

End of Messenger

This went on for another two days— Jimin appearing with the purple umbrella in his hand, them riding the bus together, and Jeongyeon waking up at past eight inside the cafeteria. The only difference this time was no one talked again.

If she'd think about it, she could just leave by seven but there was this serenity that she couldn't understand by walking as early as five— even if the last person she wanted to be with was always beside her.

As usual, she went out and looked around— she couldn't even understand why she still had to do that. She was closing the gate when she noticed the purple umbrella hanging on it with a sticky note that was stapled.

Jeongyeon: Jinjja?? He stapled my umbrella? Pshh. *mutters*

She read what was on the note: Leave your house at 7 AM staring tomorrow. Don't worry about anything anymore.

She read it repeatedly until it clicked into her. She took a step, then another, then another one... until she stepped back and went inside the house. She tried to find the serenity that she had felt during the past few days but it was gone.

〰️

Jeongyeon had noticed that more people were checking out on her. It felt weird and uncomfortable for her. What's more strange was some people were greeting her. She thought she was hallucinating at first until someone even asked for her autograph which she rejected politely.

Everything made sense when she received a message from Sejeong about a certain post from Popcorn, Parkies. On that post, female and male students were ranked according to their popularity, and surprisingly for her, she made it to the top 4.

So this was how the list went:

#female
1. Joy/Park Soo-Young
2. Im Nayeon
3. Nancy McDonie
4. Yoo Jeongyeon
5. Sowon/Kim So-Jung
6. Sana Minatozaki
7. Irene/Bae Joo-Hyun
8. Kim Dahyun
9. Ahn Yujin
10. Shin Ryujin

#male
1. Kim Taehyung
2. Park Jimin
3. Jeon Jungkook
4. Park Jinyoung
5. Huening Kai
6. Kim Seokjin
7. Cha Eunwoo
8. Oh Sehun
9. Kai/Kim Jong-In

According to the post, Joy, who was a senior student, was unbeatable for nine months now but there was a possibility that someone might take that spot. That someone was Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon: Mwo??? Me??

She continued reading and it said there that the reason was her noticeable closeness with the two most popular students on the campus— Taehyung and Jimin. People in the comments section even uploaded several photos of her and Jimin walking outside and inside the campus together.

Jeongyeon: What the—

About 90% of the comments were positive, saying that Yoo Jeongyeon was actually the dream-girl next door type. She was just so perfect, said in the comments.

The meeting with The Bulletproof staff was also filled with teasings to Jeongyeon. All of them, aside from Jeongyeon, were hysterically laughing at the irony of the situation.

Jeongyeon: Aren't we starting yet? Aish...

Namjoon: We're waiting for Dahyun.

Sana: She still exists?

Jeongyeon: The top 8?

Kim Dahyun was also a part of the paper. Namjoon said that she was so busy due to her academics that was why she couldn't join the meetings with them but she had constantly sent him messages for updates.

Namjoon: Looks like her sched was cleared, she can join us regularly now. Just, please Sana, don't show any annoyance towards her. Arasseo?

Apparently, this Kim Dahyun became one of the popular students because of her incredible performance at her academics and extra-curricular activities such as dancing, sports, and acting.

When she came in, Jeongyeon was wowed by how Kim Dahyun illuminated the room.

Jeongyeon: *whispered to Sana* I think I'm officially blind.

Sana: *giggles*

Namjoon: Dahyunie, sit beside her. *points at Jeongyeon* By the way, meet Jeongyeon, she's our newest writer.

Dahyun: Annyeong! *smiles widely and bows*

Jeongyeon: A—annyeong. *smiles shyly and bows*

Jeongyeon couldn't become 100% attentive while Namjoon was discussing as her seatmate kept on asking about herself.

Dahyun: You're older than me, so can I call you unnie?

Jeongyeon: Of course. But, can we listen first?

Dahyun: I'm sorry, I just got excited that you are here. I saw the Popcorn, Parkies! post and I got curious about you. You're so pretty in person.

Jeongyeon: You are pretty yourself.

Dahyun: I'm getting butterflies *giggles*.

Jeongyeon: Even prettier than Sowon.

Dahyun: *giggles* You know how to make anyone fall in love.

Is she flirting with me? 😳

Jeongyeon: Shh, let's listen...

Namjoon: —and Yoo Jeongyeon. I hope this time you'd already listen. Have you gotten a scoop this week? I guess yes? Knowing that you and Jimin became closer.

Jeongyeon: I... no. I haven't.

Namjoon: Arasseo, it's fine. I have one here. *hands in a paper to her*

Jeongyeon glimpsed at the paper to check its contents.

Park Jimin is a Barbie film collector?

Jeongyeon: Oppa, is this true?

Namjoon: Yes, the source is 99% trustworthy.

Dahyun: Omo, you're Nanan?

Jeongyeon: Uhhh.

Namjoon: Yes, she is. I hope nothing could get out of this room ever. You wouldn't like the consequences.

Dahyun: Arasseo.

Jeongyeon read the paper again, just imagining this side of Jimin put a grin on her face.

〰️

Jeongyeon aka Nanan posted about Jimin that night and she found it very hilarious until she received a notification that Jimin commented on that. She got flustered so she stopped checking it again.

Naturally, Jimin became the topic of their dinner again.

Jihyo: So, I was surprised with our friend here. Huh. Is that why you sneak out so early in the morning? You really thought that you wouldn't be caught?

Jeongyeon: It's not like that. Don't get everything wrong.

Sejeong: It seems to me like it is what it is. I told you, I won't be hurt.

Jeongyeon: I told you, it's nothing.

Jihyo: By the way, the latest post about him is just so funny! How did they find out about it?

Sejeong: It's probably Ryujin.

Jihyo: Who?

Sejeong: She's his stepsister. I've heard that she's a brat towards Jimin. She probably wants to make fun of him.

Jihyo: Poor Jimin. What can you say, Jeongyeon?

Jeongyeon: I don't know, we're not that close.

So what Nancy mentioned to me could be true.

〰️

Going back to a few hours ago...

The Cypher held a meeting and all the staff was there, including Jimin and Taehyung.

While Kim Seokjin was typing something on his laptop, Taehyung confronted Jimin who was sitting across from him.

Kim Seokjin, 25

Taehyung: Jimin-ah.

Jimin: *points at himself and raised one of his eyebrows*

Taehyung: Are you really close with Jeongyeon? Or you are up to something?

Jimin: Wae? Why does it concern you?

Taehyung: She's my friend, you see.

Jimin: So?

Taehyung: Stop getting closer to her.

Jimin: What if I don't want to?

Taehyung: Do you like her?

Jimin: No. Not at this moment.

Taehyung: Then why do you bug her?

Jin: Seriously, guys?? I'm finishing my assignment!

Jimin: I need to know something from her.

Jin: Aish!

Taehyung: What is it?

Jimin: Why does she write about me?

Taehyung: Huh?

Jimin: I know that she's Nanan.

Taehyung: Who's Nanan?

Jin: Huhh??

Jimin and Taehyung were not pulling away from their stares until someone opened the door and greeted everyone.

Taehyung: Long time no see.

Dahyun: Yeah. I've been busy with my studies. Jin-oppa, I have a big update about Project Shield.

Jin: Really?

Dahyun: Yeah.

Jin: You really are the perfect one for that project, Dubu. I'm glad.

〰️

A few days ago...

Jimin: I don't understand. Wait, you stay here?

Jeongyeon: Where else can I stay?

Jimin: I'm just asking.

Jeongyeon: I will sit here. Choose another table. Just not here. *sat and rested her head on the table*

Jimin conformed to Jeongyeon's request and sat further. Before resting her head on the table, she shot Jimin a deathly glare.

▶️ PLAY: Sun and Moon - Sam Kim

Jimin: *shakes his head while smirking* *mutters* Swipe left.

He shut his eyes and tried to nap too but couldn't. It was just so peaceful. He had never experienced such serenity in a long time so he resolved to opening his eyes and taking everything around him with a deep breath.

When the sun was starting to cover their little world, he walked towards Jeongyeon's table, quietly opened her purple umbrella, and set it on the table to serve as a shade.

He also noticed the people coming into the cafeteria so he approached them.

Jimin: Yah, someone's sleeping inside, please be quiet.

He announced that to everyone coming inside and they all understood.

He would leave at eight in the morning, after taking the purple umbrella from Jeongyeon's table. Jimin did this for three days.

On the fourth day, he still hid outside their gate to make sure that she'd be able to ride the bus going to school without any issues. However, Jeongyeon walked back. He couldn't understand why. He left after thirty minutes.

(Finish the song, if you can ❤️‍🔥)
〰️

A/N: I'm sorry I wasn't able to upload this last Sun/Mon as promised. Something just came up. Hehe. I won't be promising anything from now on unless I'm finished with a chapter.

Thank you for reading and voting 💕💕💕

Czytaj Dalej

To Teลผ Polubisz

263K 7.7K 38
ใ€bts ร— twiceใ€‘ ๐˜—๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ต, ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ, ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ค๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต. ใ€–COMPLETEDใ€— #bestofmeban...
44.1K 2.6K 53
Your typical romance college story #1 in BangTwice
68.4K 3.4K 37
Even after five years of break up Jimin could not forget Dahyun but his ego never let him to contact her in this long five years. Just like past four...
65.4K 4.4K 54
They met at the wrong time. They met at the wrong situation. Will love be able to make it right? A JeongMin Fanfiction.