Fighting For Our Way

By ixuelovehali

BoBoiBoy has acquainted with the TAPOPS Leaders' daughter, Y/n, the heiress of the organization whose high-ra... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 12

337 17 16
By ixuelovehali

5, 709K

--------

BoBoiBoy

"This is going to sound hilarious, tho - HAHA! But I found a segment of Planet Terajiah where they make those golden epitome on our way, so I requested a tribe there to make me one that looks like myself since I thought it was so cool!" Gopal elucidated as his eyes roused with great astonishment, clasping his hands. Laughing softly to himself over his own mishap.

"Oh . . . That's interesting," Yaya commented, nodding musedly.

"Huh, uh!" He laughs.

"But, like, I don't remember seeing you asked for an epitome, though," I claimed, shaking my shoulders unsurely, "Cause we were sauntering on our way together."

"Dude, I requested it whilst y'all were going in another direction, so I was behind everyone for a minute," Gopal stated, and I blinked slowly, once, then twice, returning him a questionable look, "Pfft, what's with your look-I didn't know you were interested! You seemed quite vested on finding that power sphere too early!"

"Erm, no, I'm not really interested in that . . ."

"Suit yourself, buddy!"

"Gopal, you're literally so unbelievable to have the nerve to request such a thing when we are just merely visitors there," Ying elucidated.

"Dey, I thought you just said that you studied about that planet-that's literally what they do for their business; they carve stuff."

"Well, I think what she ought to say is that the impression is not it, because we're only there for a specific mission, so," Yaya trailed off, elucidating upon tipping her hand.

"LMAO, I ain't having any shame," Gopal claimed derisively, shrugging his hand on the latter.

"Your audacity-" She stated, and face-palmed, adding, "Gosh, you're giving me second hand embarrassment, Gopal!"

"And hair loss?" I asked, tilting my head.

"Ugh, yes!"

"Oops, too bad I ordered three more golden epitomes-" Gopal divulged, inducing our eyes to widen, jaw-dropping at a loss of words.

"W-WHAT?" We asked in disbelief.

"Hehe! Look, y'all," He said, pressing onto his watch until an array of light emitted to a screen commenced above it. The panel had a visual display of an image on what he claimed to be the other figurines on the shelves of his room, "These are the other golden epitomes that I got, and they're perfectly displayed at home! Mwehehe!"

"Hay . . . It's like you're using it as a souvenir that you got from a summer vacation, Gopal," I said, returning a blank stare. Sometimes, I wonder if he takes our mission that seriously, however I always knew I couldn't do anything regarding that, and how he even became my best friend in the very first place.

"Hehehe!"

"That's kind of funny," Yaya commented, eliciting a quiet giggle.

"Maybe, cause it's true," I replied.

"Oh my gawd, you literally went on a shopping spree on a planet that needed our help in such a serious matter of time-bye," Ying stated abruptly, and turned her head away, rimming with incredulence.

"Dey, it looked cool! Of course, I'd buy those!"

"So, who are those, now?" Ying asked ineptly as her gaze focused on the screen, dropping her shoulders woefully.

"Haha! Thought you'd never ask!" Gopal replied brazenly, laughing aloud. Pointing at each one of the figurines on the screen, he elucidates, "These are some of my rooted characters in my video game. I asked the tribes of Terajiah to create me those, and it's a good thing that I've managed to give them their pictures!"

"Wait, what?" Yaya asked confoundedly, uplifting a brow, and tilted her head.

"Uh, you bring . . . your characters' pictures whenever we are on our missions?" Alongside, I queried as my voice tightened.

"Haha! Heck, yes!" He replied, cackling.

"That's really odd of you to do," Yaya said dubiously.

"Oh my gosh . . . Nothing's must've been free on that planet, right . . ." Ying mumbled, barely audible. Her statement prompted me to contemplate my thoughts. Leisurely, her gaze uplifts to every one of us, rimming with incredulence as she blinks slowly, once, then twice - agape at a loss of words.

"Certainly, not," Yaya stated nonchalantly.

"Gopal . . . ?" She asked, glancing at him as she peers her eyes.

"Y-Yeah?"

"Did you make sure that you paid for everything that you got . . . ?"

"Yeah . . . No, I didn't," Laughing quietly, he scratched his head in a sheepish manner. Turning off the screen from his watch, he looked at her reflectively, and induced us to widen our eyes.

"W-WHAT?" We asked in disbelief.

"Gosh, I-you're freaking crazy!" Ying retaliated, hitting him on the arm as he flinched from the abruptness of it, uttering a yelp.

"O-Ow! Stop hitting me on the arm for the third time, will you!"

"Because you're so unbelievable that it's stressing me out!"

"Ey! That ain't my fault."

"I don't really think that's a good idea at all, Gopal," Yaya stated evenly, "The part that you didn't ought to pay."

"I'm sending you back to that planet," I claimed as my voice tightened, pursing my lips inwards into a pout and crossing my arms.

Drawing his attention, he turned at me hastily, "Woi, dude! Don't go picking me up like that!" Gopal imperiled me, and I pouted my lips even more, furrowing my brows on the latter as I remained wordless, "Lmao, your face-not you trying to look mad right now."

"Eh, I am kind of serious," I elucidated, furrowing my brows.

"Yahloh! Go back and pay for everything . . . or else I'm going to kick your twerp out of here!" Ying apprised, craning her head back to level a glare at him.

"Alright, geez! Y'all are overreacting when I ain't finished explaining yet," He said as she arched a brow waitingly, whilst Yaya and I stayed wordless, contemplating the latter. Beckoning us to move closely, he mumbled, "The most hilarious part was that I didn't pay for it . . . because someone else did!"

Hearing his response, we heaved a sigh of relief, leisurely shaking our heads.

"Should've just told us immediately," Ying retorted.

"Yeah," I said, "Got us worried for a sec."

"Hehehe!" He tittered, fiddling his fingers.

"Oh . . . that's really fortunate of you to have someone else by your back, then," Yaya stated nonchalantly, eyes rimming with incredulence.

"Heck, yeah! I was lucky!" Gopal laughed, clasping his hands.

"Aish, will you stop telling us things and make it sound extra problematic because you're giving us distress for no reasons intended!" Ying retaliated, throwing her arms before abruptly crossing them with a hefty audible sigh, puckering her face.

"Fine, fine. Just admit that y'all are being dramatic again, and sheesh."

"W-WHAT?" She snapped.

"E-Err, nothing! It's nothing!" Gopal repudiated, waving his hands in defense as he shook his head.

Humming quietly, I rolled my eyes.

"If you didn't pay for the golden epitomes . . . then who did?" Yaya asked, arching a brow as she tilted her head perplexingly.

"Yeah, who?" I queried alongside.

"It's none other than . . . Fang, who paid for everything-" He threw back his head and let out a loud, humorless laugh as his eyes brimmed with tears of mirth. It was contagious as it took his breath away, tugging a wry smile on my face as I looked at him amusedly, "Pfft, his reaction was so priceless-when he knew he had no choice but to pay for those!"

"O-Oh my gosh! That's so mean of you," Ying commented, suppressing the urge to twitch her lips upwards impishly.

"Haha! Mean, your face! We know that you're laughing too!" Gopal retorted, snickering.

"That quite took a turn," Yaya said, a leisure faint smile worked it's way across her face upon glancing at us.

"Come on! It was so funny, y'all!"

"Hey, spill the tea," Ying requested, prodding his arm with her elbow as she drew his attention.

"Suddenly . . . you're interested," He replied and hummed lowly, stroking his chin with his fingers upon narrowing his eyes at her skeptically. I remained wordless, contemplating the latter.

"Haish, just do it! Everyone's curious at this point, duh!" She persisted, lingering her gaze away.

"Pfft, whatever with y'all girls. Anyways, I mentioned that I quickly ordered my golden epitomes before we arrived at our location. Left some of my video game characters' pictures with them as a reference," Gopal elucidated. I crossed my arms and nodded musedly, "When I went back to the tribes to get my epitomes after our mission had been accomplished . . . I somehow realized that nothing was free on that planet to my surprise! Especially that it's made out of real gold!"

"Ha! Idiot!" Ying retorted.

"Did someone mention that anything was free, though?" I asked, tilting my head dubiously.

"Yeah," Yaya queried alongside, "How did you even get the notion regarding it in the first place?"

"Hay," Clicking his tongue, he heaved a deep sigh, "I asked them, lah."

"Oh, then you and the tribes were able to understand each other that nothing was free. Should've been no problem, then!" Ying stated.

"Yeah," I said, nodding.

"And you shouldn't have ordered in the first place, knowing you had no dang budget!" She added with a scoff, throwing her arms.

"Eh . . . They replied to me in this alien-ish language. I ain't understand a thing 'bout that so to make things easier, I assumed that what they were trying to say is that everything they carved was free, hehehe," Gopal elucidated, and prompted everyone's eye to twitch, face-palming on the latter from his reasons rather unnecessary, "Haha! The only time I realized that I have to pay is when they be givin' me those angry looks when I showed them my empty pocket!"

Really, I can't believe to discern such a reasonable thing at the moment, supposedly. As though my thoughts are catching up from a pause. Unnecessary assumptions, in the first place.

Typical, Gopal . . .

"You are . . . unbelievable," Ying claimed, flabbergasted on her seat upon enhancing her words thoroughly.

"Pfft, probably why they messed up your face in that epitome of yours the last minute," I snickered as the thought commenced on my mind.

"Woi, buddy! I-" Gopal casted a glance at me abruptly, and there was a sudden pause as his uplifted finger left dumbfounded in the air, "Hng . . . Yeah, that kinda makes sense."

"I said so," I replied, lips twitching upwards.

"Mhm, you don't really have to assume that quickly, Gopal," Yaya said, inducing him to nod ineptly, "I mean to say . . . it may not hinder the misunderstanding."

"Alright, I get it now. Was just too excited and all, plus I was saved when I called Fang who was walking behind y'all on the way to the spaceship. Man's even frowning like a mad lad for who knows why!"

"Obviously, he always frowns," Ying claimed, tipping her hand.

"Welp, it surely is his lucky day, cause I called him to communicate with the tribes. Eventually, he found out how I didn't bring any money, and his reaction was so hilariously epic-knowing he had no choice but to pay," He laughed, "Haha! Like, geez. Sorry, buddy!"

"Gopal, you have no shame," I stated as my voice tightened, unmoved on my stance and my eyes rimmed with incredulence.

"LMAO, I know!"

"But he might've gotten a bit more mad, though," Yaya said, shrugging her arms unsurely, "I mean, he's always hot-headed and I believe that didn't quite help any better."

"Nothing to worry 'bout, cause he insisted either way!" Gopal claimed, beckoning us to move closely as he mumbled and snickered behind his hand, "Guys, Fang's literally a rich lad. Bet what he paid for me cost him merely a cent!"

"Not literally," Yaya said.

"Well, yeah, but he must've thought of killing you in his mind that moment before emptying his pockets for your dang orders," Ying stated, returning a look rather ineptly.

"LMAO, he sure did!" He replied and snickered, face reddening as he suppressed the urge to burst into laughter upon holding his breath, coiling his arms around his stomach, "Pfft, his reaction was so hilarious-Haha! I can try to mock him, guys!"

"Go ahead and try it!" Ying confronted, lips twitching upwards, "Well, if you can!"

"Hey, what did he say?" I asked as a smile tugged my lips, and broke into a grin musedly, quite vested on figuring it out as well.

Gopal cackled, peals of laughter burst from deep within as he shrugged his hand. Regaining his composure, he lingered his gazes before clearing his throat, mocking our friend thoroughly.

"Tss . . . Damn you and your broke-ass shit, Gopal!" He mumbled under his breath hastily, and furrowed his brows upon eliciting the forbidding look that Fang conveys. Crossing his arms, Gopal imitates our friend's sterning tone, alongside the irritation on his face becoming an effigy of contempt with a huff.

"Oh my gawd, the accuracy-" Ying stated, placing a hand over her mouth upon looking at him. Her eyes widened, rimming with incredulence as she agapes at a loss of words, pursing a snicker, "Ahaha! Bye-cause you're literally him!"

"Pfft, stop it," I abided to cackle as it laced with a hum of amusement at the latter, suppressing the urge to burst it out.

"Dude," Gopal snickered, eyes brimming with tears. Laughing softly to himself over his own mishap, he added, "I told y'all. Man's cursing me and all, yet he'd still pay for my orders at the end - HAHA!"

"I wish I got it on camera!" Ying tittered.

"Come on, you guys . . ." Yaya trailed off softly, drawing our attention as she pursed her lips inwards, eliciting a sigh, "Fang might've not liked it if he finds out that you mock him thoroughly."

"Oop," Ying uttered, settling a hand over her mouth.

"Erm, that was just Gopal," I claimed, fiddling my fingers with each other persistently.

"Dey, what do you mean he wouldn't like it?" Gopal queried, settling his elbow on the table upon facing her closely, "Fang and I get along so easily, for sure that lad's got my humour as well!"

Ying and I returned him a blank, questionable stare at a loss of words, knowing the vague and imprecise sentiments that he claimed.

"Get along easily, you say," I trailed off, looking at him musedly.

"Sure, sure . . ." Yaya cooed, and leisurely shook her head, sipping onto the cup of her hot chocolate.

--------

Y/n

Taking a slice of bread, I took a bite from it on the fork as the focus of my gaze remained on the notebook, munching it thoroughly.

With every trace of the ink, it commenced in my mind as though writing the deep expression of so many parts of myself, the conscious me, and I feel my emotions flow, informing both my centre and linguistics of the weaving words, yet honestly my mind is such a mess in disguise.

Dropping my pen, I face-palmed, contemplating on the latter upon heaving a sigh. I wiped the frustration off my face as it ebb freely, discerning the bright weather outside of my room's window.

Sunlight is my aphrodisiac, as it comes as woven strands, flowing into a day it reveals and solidifies.

It reflects from each leaf and wisp of cloud, and makes me feel soothing all at once. There's something joyful in the light of the neighborhood, encouraging me to do something else, however I don't even know what it could be specifically.

Maybe, go out? Walk? Where to, anyway?

Gosh, stop overthinking. I'm not even doing anything, yet I'm exhausted.

The irony, I swear.

Abruptly, the door of the room opened, creaking on my perceptiveness.

Slipping a glance from my seat, I discern my brother standing by the door's frame, lingering his gaze at me reflectively with an impish glint on his eyes.

"Hey, big sis," Aji said, a wry smile enveloped his face to my confusion, arching my brow.

"Oh? What do you want?" I asked and took another slice of bread on my room's table, giving it a bite on the fork upon waiting for his response.

Silence is interwoven, inducing me to cast a glance back at him.

He is standing there, unmoved, whilst keeping his lips twitching upward. Peering my eyes from the odd gesture, I looked at him skeptically.

"Are you good?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

Abruptly, he pursed a grin and shoved the door wide with a thud against the wall as his foot slipped outwards, prompting to run back to the hallway without delay.

"H-Hey!" Impulsively, my eyes widened, "Close the door, you little-!"

"Never, big sis!" His voice echoed, and laughed with his footsteps trudging by the hallway as it followed by the sound of a door shutting abruptly, giving me the notion that it was his room on the other side.

"Oh, great," Rolling my eyes, I scoffed at the latter. That kid just barged into my room and stood in front of me for a good minute, for merely no reason, before shoving the door widely on his way out.

Grabbing the bread with my hand, I devoured it with a single bite, munching it upon resting my chin over my other hand.

Tracing the ink, conveys the disarrayed thoughts of my mind being elicited on the page.

The unstated notions.

It's like a puzzle oughts to bid to understand. At the same time, a puzzle not meant to be pierced together.

It's coercing me to endure it, and reach out to an end yet pending.

Presumably, the intrusive thoughts are from my underlying condition, just when I thought I was going to be alright. Thus, I'm out of pills. Perhaps, I shouldn't inform mom about this, for we barely afforded a decent amount of it. She will be worried about finding out that I haven't recovered, despite myself giving her assurance. Genuinely, I thought so as well, and I was wrong. I understand that we aren't the wealthiest in the neighborhood, and I don't want to cause further commotions; I should be aware of my place in this family. As long as I can endure it, then I should be fine.

Suddenly, my brain stutters for a moment, and my eyes abruptly take in more light than I expected, every part of me goes on pause while my thoughts catch up from the relentless knocks on the door, prompting me to
regain my composure on the seat as I casted a glance rather ineptly.

"Aji, will you just stop-" I trailed off, turning my head.

"Heya!" A familiar voice uttered, and my eyes widened upon discerning Ying approaching me closely, eliciting a smile as Yaya followed her from behind, "Look who showed up, hehe!"

"H-Hey," I replied, gazing at them with incredulence as I covertly flipped the notebook to keep it off from any sight, grabbing a hold of it, "I, ah, didn't expect you both here," Looking at them musedly, I stood from my seat.

"What-hello! I literally said that I'll be here the other day," Ying stated, tipping her head as I agape, leisurely nodding my head upon accepting Yaya's embrace for a moment, before I gestured my hand for them to sit on the bed, "Well, Yaya and I just had a drink a while ago and all."

"Ah," Contemplating the latter, I said upon taking the cue from my mind, "I kind of remember now, and it's good to see you both here."

"Likewise to you, Y/n," Yaya replied as her voice laced with sweetness, pursing a smile.

"Anyhows, what were you writing back there?" Ying queried, tilting her head towards the notebook on my hand's grip as the focus of my gaze followed the direction she conveyed.

Humming quietly, I tried to come up with an excuse to my despondency, knowing she questions every single thing she discerned, and wouldn't suppress the urge at any point to figure it out if she pursued.

"Stuffs," That's all I replied as the words ebb freely, shrugging my arms.

"Mhm . . ." She trailed off, leisurely nodding her head upon clicking her tongue, "Whatever, it sounds boring with the way you say it!"

"Certainly, is," I replied, heaving a quiet sigh of relief from her response. I genuinely don't want to have both of them involved in my deep-seated affliction. They've helped me a lot before with the same problem in the earlier days, and it's more than enough.

"Okay, but it's kinda hot here, you know," Ying stated, flaunting her hands persistently. Her gaze lingered by the corner, breathing out, "Girl, you literally have an electric fan, yet you barely use it!"

"Let Y/n be with what she prefers, it's her room after all," Yaya said.

"Like, I'm just curious about the necessity," She replied, still flaunting her hands to commence air over her face.

"Well . . . I intend to save electricity around the house as much as I can," I stated, earning a nod from them upon contemplating on the latter, gaping musedly. Laughing quietly to myself over my own mishap, I tilted my head directed to the window, "Besides, fresh air in the day is enough - hehe."

"Gosh, that's so thrifty of you!" Ying replied, cackling on her remarks as a smile enveloped my face, shrugging my arms.

"I guess."

"Pfft, live a life, sis!"

"Well, it's actually a good thing, so," Yaya trailed off, assuring a smile, "There's nothing really wrong with that."

Ying went towards the window as we watched her discerning the outside. Clicking her tongue, she lifted a finger as her face beamed, "Oh! Let's just stay in your front yard instead, Y/n. I wanna hang out there at the bench!"

"Sure, let's go," I bidded, and beckoned them towards the door. Slipping the notebook under my pillow, I followed them from their back and promptly closed the door.

Sauntering our way outside to my front yard, sunlight comes. The air becomes sweeter; birds soften the blow with their chorus; we breathe more deeply as if permission to relax has been bestowed. Already the honeyed tones have arrived, and the day ahead feels sweet.

"Finally, it's a lot fresher here! Now, we're talking!" Ying stated aloud as her voice shrills, throwing her arms, and zeroing her eyes with a smile widening on her face.

Yaya and I chuckled, leisurely shaking our heads upon taking our seat on the bench, which is good for three people concurrently.

"Alright, but you don't have to shout it out, Ying," Yaya said, lace with soothness, despite the contrary.

"Not you wanting the entire neighborhood to hear you," I said, peering my eyes at her rather mockingly, contemplating the latter in my mind.

"Ha! So what, if I'm just relieved!" Ying retaliated, dropping herself beside me ineptly, eliciting a huff. Glancing at me, she tapped at my shoulder, which induced me to uplift a brow waitingly, "Also, I brought the book I was talking to you about the other day, just so you know."

"Really?" I mused.

"Yup! I also convinced Yaya to read it too," She replied, averting her gaze at her best friend right beside me with a glint on both of her eyes, "Well, in the earlier days."

"Coerced me, rather," Yaya cleared her throat, laughing quietly at her remarks as Ying turned her head away with sass and impudence, crossing her arms. Smiling at both of them, I remained listening, "Ying, I'm not finished yet. We both know that I ended up loving it more than I had expected."

"Hm . . . alright," She said, pursing a smile as she settled her shoulder bag on her lap, "I was just messing with you-I kinda wanted to hear that. Hehe!"

"Sure, sure . . ."

"So it's me who hasn't checked it out yet. It's starting to sound more interesting from the both of you," I said, tilting my head with a smile.

"No worries, for you wouldn't have to wait any much longer, cause," Ying trailed off, delving into her shoulder bag. Pulling out a book, her eyes crinkled upon eliciting a smile, handing it to me, "I got you! Hehe!"

"Oh, gosh."

"Told ya, I'd bring it!"

My gaze lingered at it perplexingly, and take a hold of it upon uttering the title, "Untied Evanescent."

"Those pages are sort of a lot too so it may take some time for you to finish it," Yaya said, and I hummed softly in response, contemplating the book.

"Aish, Yaya. That wouldn't be a problem for Y/n," Ying claimed, scoffing upon extending her hand downwards. Pursing a derisive smile, she took a grip of another book that had been pulled out of her shoulder bag and settled it on top of the previous one before I could process it thoroughly, "Mhm! And if you are going to read that book, you certainly will be needing the second book, sis!"

"Oh, that's . . . surprising," I commented, gaping upon nodding my head.

"I had the same reaction as you when Ying gave me the books," Yaya professed, inducing me to glance at her as our shoulders shaked in silent laughter the moment our eyes converged. It's an understatement that we fathom, truly.

"Literally, that's how worth it that'll be where you couldn't let go of those books!" Ying alluded, clasping her hands together as she wasn't able to suppress the urge to hold the quiet squealing within, "Like, gosh!"

"Haha. Alright, I got it," I said, chuckling as I eyed the books. Commencing a thought on my mind, I tilted my head and furrowed my brows before I queried, "Therefore . . . I presume that this is a duology series that you are recommending."

"Oh, no, you thought," Yaya replied, leisurely shaking her head with a wry smile as I rolled my lips inwards, contemplating the latter to my uncertainty.

"Of course . . . not," Ying replied, chuckling on the mishap that she ought to convey, lacing with derisiveness more than an expression of amusement. Arching my brow confusedly, I watch as she clicks her tongue and brings out another book from her shoulder bag, "Here's the third book," Handing it to me, I impulsively accepted it before she brings out another one, "The fourth," She coerced to settle it on top of the previous books, making me stumble upon nearly lose the balance from the abruptness of it all, ". . . And the fifth book!"

"W-What in the . . ." I trailed off, blinking my eyes slowly, once, then twice on the pile of books hovering over my face, barely giving me the chance to perceive in front of my sight. Coiling my arms around the books, I ensure that they wouldn't fall out of balance on the ground, yet the risk is unwavered.

"Hehe, that should do," Ying stated, tittering as her voice tightened.

"Ying, our friend could barely move . . ." I heard Yaya elucidate, and I hummed, nodding my head persistently.

"O-Okay, okay!" I felt the presence that Ying shifted herself to me closely, her hands lingering over mine, and I realized she was grabbing a hold of half of these books, "I'll help you now, sis!"

"Yeah, uh," I said, eliciting a sigh when the books were settled down on the bench from my face, giving me the chance to breathe freely, "It's just that you didn't tell me it was going to be a full-blown series."

"Well, I didn't tell Yaya either," She replied with an impish grin, shrugging her arms.

Promptly, Yaya grabbed a hold of my hand, inducing me to cast a glance at her querily, "Welcome to the club," She quipped, and smiled.

"Thank you," I laughed.

Yaya chuckled as she lingered her gaze at me reflectively, as though to convey a message, "And you really have to read every book that she recommended, otherwise she wouldn't get enough of you until you do so."

"For real?" I queried.

"I'm just half-kidding," She laughed quietly.

"Aw, what a great conviction you have of me, Yaya," Ying said, tilting her head with a wry, audible smile that enveloped her face. Coiling her arms around my shoulder, she added, "Besides, Y/n used to take some time in reading to consider a few weeks ago. Thanks to me lending her my books, she eventually learns to accommodate that!"

"Oh, really?" Yaya queried.

"Look," Ying said, glancing at me as her smile twisted into a grin. I remained wordless upon looking back at her reflectively, "Name it, sis. How long would it take for you to read all those five books?"

Rolling my lips inwards, I take a glance at the pile of books in between her and I on the bench, contemplating her query. The pages were quite a lot, but manageable to finish that depends on my adeptness.

My mind began calculating the viable hours for each hundred pages and it's necessity, accumulating it from one into five books.

"Three days," I replied, inducing the Yaya to widen her eyes at a loss of words, rimming with incredulity.

"I knew it," Ying commented as though she had expected my response vividly, clicking her tongue upon uplifting a finger.

"Really, Y/n? You could finish it within those few given days?" Yaya asked in disbelief, and I hummed quietly, nodding my head.

"Of course, that's my girl!" Ying cheered up, and laughed, prompting her arms that were around my shoulder to pull me closely, "But that's totally thanks to me for lending her my books everyday!"

"That's really amazing," Yaya stated, "In my case, it took me about a week as far as I remember, because I was quite busy during those days."

"Ah, I'm probably - less busy than you are recently, so," I trailed off, pursing a smile upon hoping that she fathoms the elucidation of mine. Leisurely, she nodded and returned a smile, "I pretty much stayed at home. That's not bad at all in your case, Yaya. The books are kind of hefty too."

"Mhm, hm," She hummed.

"And the counting of hours spent on reading them doesn't really matter," I said, shrugging my arms.

"We're just pretty smarties, that's why," Ying mumbled to me, snickering at her own remarks.

Blinking slowly, once, then twice, I let out a quiet laugh, shaking my head.

"That's only you and Yaya."

"Anyways! I really do hope you enjoy them, and you better finish the first book tonight," She stated, peering her eyes at me rather mockingly. It makes me uncertain whether to take her seriously or not. Presumably, I should at least.

"I already know that I'll be starting in the second book before I sleep," I claimed, discerning her stunned expression.

"Well, that's quick for you," Yaya commented.

"Okay, then! I'm definitely not going to spoil you anything about the books," Ying trailed off, giving a pat on the pile of books in between her and I, pertaining to it whilst her other arm nudged at me, "But - gosh, you're just totally going to be left flabbergasted on your seat knowing that they both die at the end, which is really tragic, just so you know."

"O-Oh," I agape at a loss of words, blinking my eyes twice.

"I'm pretty sure that you revealed quite a spoiler, Ying . . ." Yaya said as her voice tightened dubiously, and winced.

The wind has it's giddy currents flow freely, yet chaotic.

Abruptly, Ying's jaw dropped, lingering her gaze at me reflectively.

"Erk! You didn't hear that," She insisted on her own sentiments as her voice constringed, blinking slowly, once, then twice.

"I . . . certainly didn't," I replied and went with the flow, shrugging my arms.

"Hehe," Ying tittered, scratching her cheeks.

"Please do remind me that I am the dummy amongst us too," I said with derision, lips twitching upwards.

"Alright, gosh. Not you trying to retaliate against me with your sarcasm," She snapped back, and chuckled as both of her eyes crinkled, giving me a faint hit on the shoulder. Propelled by her gesture, I laughed quietly.

"It seems that she took you by surprise," Yaya said, laced with a mirth that enveloped her face soft-treadedly.

"Just this once," Ying replied, pursing a wry smile over her own mishap ineptly, "Also, the series merely increases my standard over guys . . . unlike the others out there, just so you know."

"Oh . . . others out there, you say. It seems that you have a reference from your sentiment," I said musedly, nodding my head, and the smile tugging my lips broke into a grin with delay.

"Maybe-?" She retorted as her voice shrill, shrugging her arms.

"She does," Yaya mumbled, barely audible upon validating it. Despite not casting a glance, I could feel a faint, wry smile on her end, giving me this notion commencing in my mind, "I don't really mind guessing who."

"Who, then?" I mumbled back quietly, curiousness rimming around the tone of my voice.

"Hm?" There was a sudden pause, as though she had a moment of pondering, ". . . Who they are, I mean to say."

"Not the both of you gossiping in front of my face," Ying stated, crossing her arms upon heaving a sigh heftily, and pouting her lips.

"I just thought about how you said it increased your standards, so," I trailed off, and locked my gaze over hers reflectively.

"Duh, it's a bare minimum," She claimed, tipping her hand whilst the other rested on her hips and her eyes rimmed with glint rather dauntlessly, lips turning into a sweet grin, "I need no guy in my life."

"That's really harsh of you," Yaya quipped, laced with amusement upon eliciting a chuckle quietly.

"I mean-in a romantic-ish way that we are talking about right now," Ying clarified, enhancing her words as she looks at us whether we have fathomed her notion or not, "Not generally all guys, Yaya, sheez."

"Well . . ." Yaya nodded her head slowly, and claimed rather eloquently, "I was always on the same page as you."

"I know right," Ying quipped as she tipped her hand, sliding an amused, wry grin upon tilting her head, looking at me as though to scrutinize thoroughly. Uplifting a brow, she queried, ". . . And you, Y/n?"

Heaving a sigh, I leaned my back against the bench's backrest, and contemplated on my mind. Lips twitching on the unneeded, I leisurely shaked my head.

"I wasn't planning on it either."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.6K 1.6K 17
Lance Corporal Fang wants to make his brother proud by rising through the ranks in TAPOPs. With this, he (begrudgingly) enlisted help from the infamo...
58.7K 2.7K 29
━ ❝ 𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕 π’Šπ’” 𝒐𝒖𝒓 π’…π’–π’•π’š. ❞ β–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒ Short stories about Boboiboy and his elementals, alongside his friends. Ξ” Protective Elem...
552 19 10
Y/n is a teenage girl with no friends her family abandoned her when she was Little and she lives with her grandma her life in school was hell to her...
39.5K 1.5K 32
Tapops Academy, a very popular academy which every teen power sphere holders has to join to make themselves perfect. "Kaizo, I have a new mission fo...