Solitude (COMPLETED)

By thebluethroat

๐™๐™€๐˜ผ๐˜พ๐™ƒ๐™€๐™ ๐™ญ ๐™Ž๐™๐™๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™‰๐™ ๐™๐™Š๐™ˆ๐˜ผ๐™‰๐˜พ๐™€ I have seen/read many stories where a student is crazy in lov... More

The destination of our First meeting.
Impression on Eric
The Classroom interaction
Eric scared for Ana
First visit to Solitude
With "HIM"
Don't mess with His girl.
Not an update
Consoling HER
First Date??
Eric's realisation
Awkward
Ana's decision?
A Difficult Decision
Not An Update
you need to know who's the BOSS
The Party Evening
Eric's Fear is Real?
Eric Apologizes
A day in his careโค
Another Date?
The 'Teacher student' bond
We are together now
I am still getting used to 'being loved'
Is he disappointed in Us?
I'll like to surprise my girl
NOT AN UPDATE. Dt: 23/3/21
This was not how I had imagined
I feel used
Stop Walking Away.
Are You Jealous?
I spoilt her trip
Was he the same person?
She is all set to leave.
I want to know about your parents.
The Past
What would happen if anyone finds out.
Stay Alert
What does Eric have that I don't.
I wanted to Run
In my shirt.
Solitude- FINAL
Author's note

What's coming next.

1.2K 87 0
By thebluethroat

ERIC’s POV:

I was locking the door of my room when I heard stomping of feet across the corridor. We were about to meet downstairs for the meal, before finally leaving back for Alark.

I turned around to see Jenna coming in my direction, her face flushed red in anger.
I sighed at the sight of it.  I knew this was coming, but not so early in the morning, especially when I had an empty stomach.

I stood by the door, with arms crossed over my chest  mentally repeating to myself that I have to stay calm.

“explain!” she stood in front of me, mimicking my posture.

I raised my eyebrows, hoping to get a clear context of her question. It was then when I realised that Prof. Peter was also standing in the corridor, apparently confused.

“why did you leave midway yesterday?” she sounded offended.

“I had an emergency.” silly excuse I could not think of anything else.

“What sort of emergency, that you had to run half way through the trek?” her voice a little louder.
I was starting to lose my patience here. Already

“Do I really have to explain?”

Peter was still standing there just looking between the both of us.

“Ofcourse,  We had to be on trek together--  I mean, it was the responsibility of both, to take care of students on the trek. You cannot just leave everything to me, and run, and now you aren’t giving a satisfactory explanation for your actions. What is this supposed to mean. Who would take responsibility if anything would have gone wrong Eric.?” sadly she did make sense.

Given the fact that my senior was witnessing everything, I had to atleast come up with logical explanation.

“Um.. I had an upset stomach, and needed to come back to the hotel immediately, I hope you’re convinced.” I blabbered, without considering what I am speaking. I should shut up.

“what??” she did not seem to buy it

I sighed again. There’s nothing more I can do to convince.

There’s nothing more I can think of.

“I think I am done with my explanation.” I started to leave.

“you did not report to me Eric, that you were back.” Peter spoke from across the corridor.

Everything was just testing my patience, which I clearly did not have much.

I turned to look to him. first of everything, his mere existence annoyed me, and his interference in my decisions just takes to another level.

“I did not read that rule anywhere, before coming to the trip.” I turned to face him.

“well that goes without saying, I have been sent, because both of you are going with the kids on a trip for the first time. So u had to at least inform me.” he stated obviously.

I sighed and looked at him again. “well, in that case, Mr. "Experienced Professor", don’t you think you owe us an explanation, for not ‘guiding’ us and not coming on the trek.”

His face reddened with anger, embarrassment and guilt.

“you don’t get to talk to me like this.”

“I am done with this discussion.”

Jenna’s mouth opened and closed with the unavailability of words.

I was about to leave, when the older man spoke again, apparently to himself, but for me to hear.

“well, I asked Ana to meet me yesterday, I need to know why did she not come.”

My face stiffened as I heard her name come out of his bloody mouth.

“Ana?” Jenna sounded confuse.
I sighed and tried taking some deep breaths, anything that could control my madness at this minute.

I turned to the two teachers who were looking at each other.

“why would Ana meet you?” Jenna sounded genuinely puzzled.

Peter scoffed at her and looked at me, eyeing me as if he knows something.

“you are uninformed Ms. Jenna. That’s bad.  Ana did not go to the trip with you guys. She stayed back in the hotel.”

“Why?” this was news too her.

“she was unwell. Apparently. I don't know she might just be in a bad mood otherwise.”
  The old professor looked at me and smirked.

“I asked her to submit her form in a written format, she did not turn up, I need to know why.” He turned back to Jenna.

My core was filled with rage I hadn’t ever experienced for any man, except him. but I had to stay silent.
One wrong word, from my mouth and Ana or me or both of us could be out of the academy.

Jenna was now looking at me. confused and yet assured, as if she had figured out everything.

“I’ll check what’s up the kids.” The senior professor excused himself.

Not wanting anymore interactions about yesterday, I turned to head back to my room.

“Is that why?” Jenna held my hand to stop me from turning around. I looked at her in confusion.

“It was because of her, wasn’t it.?” If I was not wrong, I did see tears in her eyes.
Was she literally crying.

“What are you talking about.” My failed attempt to dodge the question.

“You came down to meet Ana. Because you learnt, that Ana wasn’t on the trek with us. You were with her the entire time yesterday, weren’t you?” her cries were now loud and audible in her voice. Her voice was filled with anger and sadness if I was deciphering it right.

“I have provided you with a valid explanation Jenna. There is no reason for us to continue this discussion.” I removed her hand from mine, as her grip became lose at my words.  I felt bad for her to be honest, but I cannot understand her need to know about my personal affair.

And I don’t have to necessarily tell her, especially when I know, she would not understand shit.

I walked back to my room and decided to call Ana and tell about the matter before leaving for breakfast.

ANA’s POV:

We were all set to leave for Alark. Putting our bags in the bus and taking final pictures of ourselves in front of the hotel,  in front of this beautiful, quiet place we might never come back to.

Ofcourse none of the pictures could describe our wonderful experience here, mine especially.

Misunderstandings and resolving them, fear of losing someone and the peace and satisfaction to have them back, loving someone and claiming it, everything.. even the night yesterday, everything was a first, a beautiful experience.

I was smiling to myself, blushing at the thoughts, my eyes still scanning for him in the crowd that had gathered outside the hotel.

I was looking out for him when I saw our lady professor come in my direction. Her steps wide and bold. Her face furious. Her eyes, moist. Atleast in my perception.

She came and stood before me, crossing her arms and inhaling deep as if calming herself down before finally speaking to me.

“I just want straight answers to my questions. Nothing more, nothing less.”
Her speech, monotonous.

I nodded, scared.
What’s coming next?

Eric had called me and informed about whatever happened and he did warn me to stay away from her as much as I can.
But I guess, right now, I have no escape.

“So, where were you yesterday?” she started with something she already knew.

“Here in the hotel.”

“why?”

“she was not--” Lara, who was standing next to me the entire time, spoke on my behalf. But she was made to stop midway.

“I ain’t asking you Lara Miller. Stay out of it.” She interrupted, her hand in air, indicating her to stop.

“Why were you not on the trek?” she asked again as she turned to me.

“I wasn’t well.” I kept it short.

“With whose permission?”

“Prof. Peter.” I was starting to get anxious. I knew I  was asked to submit a written application, that I did not.

“right. So did he not ask you for any application.” I know where this is going.

I nodded in response.

“where is it then?”

I stayed silent.

“WHERE THE HELL IS IT MS. ANA GRACE.” She screamed on top her voice that for a moment I doubted if it's the same voice that sings and teaches us music.

I was doing everything I could to keep my tears at bay. This female doesn’t deserve to see me cry like this.

Her voice had gathered enough attention from everyone around. Perhaps that is what she wanted.

“I did not give.” My voice, now weak

“Why” she went back to her monotone.

I had no excuse. I stayed shut.

“I had given medications before leaving and she dozed off to sleep.” Lara came up with one.

I looked at her internally thanking her for a witty side.

Ms. Jenna opened her mouth and closed it again, finding nothing to point at now.

“yes. I had written the application. But I couldn’t give it since I was so unwell.” I removed the application that I had written yesterday from my bag.

“but yet--”she still had something to say

“That’s enough. She has given her reason, and I don’t think it’s that big of a deal.” Eric came from between the crowd that had gathered around us.

I sighed of relief that was audible enough to make Jenna turn her head towards me again.

He came and took the application from my hand. “it clearly says she was unwell and therefore independently decides to miss the trek as she wishes to stay back and rest.” He passively read the letter out loud for everyone.

“She was late.” Jenna stated again and looked for Prof Peter, who was standing far behind in the crowd, witnessing everything, to defend her.

“Right” Eric turned towards me.

“So give an application to Mr. Williams as soon as we join the academy back. Meet him personally if required, and explain it to him.” I nodded in response.

“but--”

“I think we are done here, aren’t we Prof Peter.” He said nothing and just turned around.

“we are late, let’s leave.” Eric said again and left.
We followed him to the bus he was going in.

__________________________________

Hey guys I hope you like this chapter.
Do let me know how you found it.

❤✨

Ily❤✨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 438 16
Dawn "DONT MESS WITH ME OTHERWISE I WOULD MESS YOUR WHOLE FUCKING LIFE". Meanwhile Travis " Your presence in my life itself has brighten my life like...
32.4K 1K 35
"Are you stalking me?" His deep voice asked. "You wish, that would mean I actually thought about you enough to wonder where you are." I looked away...
9.5K 666 69
*MATURE BECAUSE*: It contains serious, sensitive and triggering topics like self-harm, unhealed trauma, assault, murders, etc. Reader discretion is a...
301K 10.2K 36
(TeacherxStudent)"I wouldn't have kissed you if I didn't find you attractive." "But you said you only were with him because he begged you and if he...