The Dollhouse

By JKLIZ161

"Perfection was all I ever strived for at a young age, and at a young age it was always easy for me to be...p... More

Chapter 1: First Encounters
Chapter 2: First Date
Chapter 3: Minor Surgery
Chapter 4: The Morning After
Chapter 5: After Date Gossip
Chapter 6: Our Day Apart
Chapter 7: Second Date
Chapter 8: An Unforgetable Night
Chapter 9: An Awkward Morning
Chapter 10: Hospital Visit
Chapter 11: The Incident
Chapter 12: Aftermath
Chapter 13: One Month Later
Chapter 14: Taken
Chapter 15: His Rules
Chapter 16: Welcome to the Dollhouse
Chapter 17: Revelations
Chapter 18: Goodnight, Sweetheart
Chapter 19: My First Week
Chapter 20: Everyone's Got a Past
Chapter 21: His For The Taking
Chapter 22: Defeat
Chapter 23: After The Storm
Chapter 24: Be A Good Girl
Chapter 25: Laurel
Chapter 26: Complacency
Chapter 27: Audrey
Chapter 28: Plotting and Planning
Chapter 29: Prelude to Escape
Chapter 30: Escape
Chapter 31: Black and Blue and No Hope For You
Chapter 32: Twenty-Four Days
Chapter 33: Surviving
Chapter 34: The Test
Chapter 35: Abby
Chapter 36: Reactions
Chapter 37: Plans
Chapter 38: The Fight
Chapter 40: Goodbye
Chapter 41: Fire
Chapter 42: The Hospital
Not An Update, Seeking Advice
Chapter 43: A Visit from the Detectives
Chapter 44: Epilogue
Book 2 Coming Soon???

Chapter 39: Release

2K 84 43
By JKLIZ161

Dinner that night was much more relaxed, whether it was from the lack of Abby's presence or the slight bubbly glee that filled throughout me that I would escape tomorrow left me feeling content and jovial.

"You're in a great mood my love," Liam said and kissed my hand.

"I'm just happy out baby is okay," I answer sweetly causing him to give my hand a faint squeeze.

Laurel got up to begin cleaning the dishes and I shot up in my seat.

"Let me help you," I offer and begin grabbing dishes.

"Honey, you should rest. Laurel can do it," Liam chimes in.  Laurel bobs her head up and down in agreement.

"Nonsense," I quip and go about cleaning.

Hannah narrows her eyes and me and I have to be careful or she'll know I'm on to something.

I head into the kitchen with Laurel and hand her the dishes to empty into Tupperware containers while I begin to wash the dishes.

I hum to myself happy that I hand picked the perfect dress for tonight. What girl doesn't like a dress with pocket?

As I wash my steak knife I take my time to clean it and then dry it before wrapping it in the washcloth as Laurel goes to gather more dishes. Once she's gone from the room I slip it into my pocket and pray that the cloth keeps it secure so it doesn't slice through the pocket of my dress.

She comes back in and tediously gets to work, making little eye contact with me, so I whisper, "Laurel are you happy here?"

Her head spins to face me. Her eyes are wide white moons and her face drains of what little color she had. "Ye-ss, wh-y would y-you ever ask me su-ch a th-ing," she stammers.

"You just don't seem happy," I reiterate and she begins to nervously glance around.

"Wh-y are y-ou doing th-is," she stutters as her eyes begin to well up.

"Don't you want to leave," I whisper. "Live a normal life."

"Lea-ve m-me a-lone," she cries and flees the room. 

She has been broken beyond repair.  Her mind has become so warped and tampered that another life sounds crazy to her. I want to save her, but I know she won't come.

Hannah comes into the room and begins to wash dishes with me.

I keep quiet and try to mind my own business but she begins to pry.

"What was that about," she asks her voice hushed and her eyes darting from me to the doorway.

"Nothing, she cut her finger washing dishes and got upset is all," I lie, hoping she'll buy it and shut down.

"She hates blood," Hannah confides in me. "Always freaks her out," and I smile widely knowing that my quick explanation makes perfect sense.

We continue to wash dishes, but a heaviness hangs in the air. I keep seeing from the corner of her eye stare at me and it only stops when Liam calls out to me, "Evie, come here my love."

I give Hannah a soft smile and try to exit the kitchen when Hannah grabs my wrist aggressively.

I turn to her in shock.

"I know you took my key," she declares and I feel my stomach fall to the floor. My face drains and becomes devoid of color. "You'll never make it out without help."

I grab onto her arm and plead, "Then please help me."

She turns to me and her normally sweet and honest eyes are tinted with a shade of darkness and regret. "The last person I helped I got killed and I lose my own child because of it."

My eyes widen at the announcement of her having a child.

"He took her from me," she says sadly and looks away. "I'll help but on my terms."

"Evie," Liam calls out again.

"Be right there sweetheart," I call out and then turn to Hannah.

"What, anything," I hurriedly reply knowing I don't have much time.

"We don't hurt Liam," she begins.

"But," I begin to protest but she shushed me.

"And two when you go to the cops, because I know you must you don't mention me. You let me go after my daughter and find her and never contact me again."

I nod my head vigorously in agreement.

"Okay, good. I'll handle getting us out. You go to Liam before he suspects something," she tells me and returns to washing the dishes.

I move on quick feet to where Liam sits in the study with a glass of ice and liquor.

"Yes," I say upon entry and scrunch my face in confusion to see Laurel here as well.

"I've had an epiphany," he announces and takes a drink.

"What's that," I ask and look to Laurel who looks to me.

"That you are my one and only," he says only confusing me further. "I thought I needed many. That having many dolls love me would make me feel loved, but I've discovered yours and our child is the only love I need," he continues and then leans forward and brandishes a gun from his pocket.

I step back in fear and I can see Laurel begin to shake, but does nothing to flea.

"I'm so sorry Laurel that you couldn't have been then one, but it would never have worked. I have enjoyed your love and you have been good to me, but now I release you from the role of my doll," he says chipper and upbeat.

Everything that happens next happens so fast. Liam lifts the gun and aims toward Laurel and shots. The sound of the shot is deafening, but what is worse is the impact. The crunch of skull. The sudden spurt of blood from the wound that casts off onto me. The resounding thud of her dead lifeless body falling to the floor and then finally my scream.

Hannah comes rushing into the room and stops dead in her tracks when she sees Laurel's body.

"Liam, what have you done," she gasps and clutches her hands to her face.

"What needs to be done," he says placing his tumbler down and standing, the gun still in hand. "I am a family man now, my bachelor ways need to end. Now, I unfortunately need to tend to Abby. This one may be a little harder. There's history you know," he says with a wink and charming smile.

Hannah and I both stand there in shock as he stalks toward us.

He comes to my trembling body and places a hand on the back of my head and pulls it toward him and places a soft kiss to my forehead.

"Hannah, take Evie upstairs and get her ready for bed. I'll be up when I'm finished," he says and releases me before walking towards the basement door.

We hear it open and then shut and Hannah firmly grabs my hand.

"We go now, he's lost it. We have to go," she whispered, but her voice is cracking and her hand is trembling in mine. "Where is the key?"

"Upstairs," I stammer and she pulls me up the staircase quickly. As we reach the top stairwell the sound of a gunshot radiates through the air.

"Hurry," she nearly screams and races with me to the room.

I rush to the edge of the bed and thrust my hand under the mattress and grab the cold key.

"Let's go," she pleads and waves her arm for me to follow her.

We move on tip toed mouse feet, scared to make too much of a noise to alert him of our plan. 

We race down the hall to the back stairs and dash down them and back to the back of the house where the kitchen and basement door lies. Instead of going to either we enter the small mud room that has a door that leads to the outside.

She pulls a keying from her pocket and begins to undo the locks while I keep watch.

My heart stops pounding once I hear the door click open, but quickly drops when I hear, "And where do you think you're going," Liam's demonic voice hisses.

Hannah and I whip around to face him and Hannah steps protectively in front of me.

"Liam enough. I can't live like this anymore," she boldly states with clenched fists showing she means business.

"Then don't," he says and holds up the gun and shoots her.

I can't even process what has happened I turn away from her as she falls and yank the door open and run out into the outdoors with Liam shouting my name after me as he quickly follows in pursuit of me.

Ahhhhh what an eventful chapter!

Did you see him killing all his dolls?

Will Liam catch Evelyn? Will Evelyn get away?

I was really hoping to finish this in 40 chapters, but I doubt I'll be able. 😬 so I'm thinking it'll end at chapter 45. What do you think will happen next?

What did you think of this chapter?

Remember to vote and comment!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

715 84 25
Ex-best friends, Weston and Amelie are now forced into a project together to co-parent a doll. Weston has always done the necessary things to keep A...
74.6K 4.2K 96
Autumn Wraith took a step a 20-year-old shouldn't take. She was naïve for her own ruin. One wrong move, or should we say one wrong article? She write...
39.7K 1.2K 51
Evelyn Grey Is what people call nightmare. She can destroy your life before you can blink your eyes. Hell break lose if she's angry... All you can se...
394K 12K 51
UNEDITED/poorly written when I was younger (needs severe editing) "Becky, I'm scared! Someone's following me and I don't think I can make it home! Pl...