Death by a Thousand Cuts | Ro...

By SMcGlaggen

~~BOOK 2 of the Soffia Swan Series~~ Rosalie Hale and Soff Swan have been living a fairytale romance all summ... More

Characters
Death by a Thousand Cuts
Chapter 1: The Perfect Summer
Chapter 2: Bigamy
Chapter 3: Maggie Hussy
Chapter 4: Deep talks
Chapter 5: Inner Wounds
Chapter 6: Time has come
Chapter 7: A Crimson Birthday Party
Chapter 8: Loving An Angel
Chapter 9: Priorities
Chapter 10: Kim Lewis
Chapter 11: Night Out
Chapter 12: Charlie's Ultimatum
Chapter 13: Bella's Allucinations
Chapter 14: Beach Talk
Chapter 15: The Hopeless Flirt
Chapter 16: I Miss You
Chapter 17: Mono
Chapter 18: Wolves
Chapter 19: Memories
Chapter 20: Charlie
Chapter 21: First Times
Chapter 22: Back
Chapter 23: At the Cullen's
Chapter 24: An Overdue Conversation
Chapter 26: Free
Chapter 27: Back to School
BOOK 3

Chapter 25: Leah knows

8.6K 438 249
By SMcGlaggen

I was sitting on the edge of the bed staring at the bulletin board where our pictures were being displayed. The door opens slowly but I did not bother to look who was it, the bed sank right next to me and a cool hand placed itself on my knee.

"You did not take them down" I pointed out "Let them here to collect dust"

"I have copies of them on my computer" she replied softly, squeezing lightly my knee.

I mused staring at her hand on my knee, her touch felt right. It also brought back memories of times when we used to be happy, that was not the case anymore.

I stood up and walked to the window tried to put some distance between us.

"Breakfast is ready" Rosalie bit her lip "Esme said that you should eat something, since you did not have dinner last night"

"At what time will Edward, Bella and Alice be arriving?"

"6 p.m. at Settle, we are going to pick them up" Rosalie gave me a small smile "You are inviting to join us of course"

"I am going" my tone was clear and left no room to discussion.

"You should eat something" Rosalie tried again with that luring tone of hers.

It was starting to get on my nerves "Can you stop trying to dazzle me?"

Her mouth dropped slightly but quickly she regained her posture.

Without anything more to say to her I walked down the stairs and to the kitchen, even when her footsteps were as silent as ever I could sense her following me.

"I made a little of everything honey" Esme smiled at me as soon as I entered the kitchen.

She was standing in front of the stove with Carlisle sitting on the counter next to it. Comparing to the last time I saw them – when we still did not know that our loved ones were safe- they looked 20 years younger. Their golden eyes were shining with complicity at the conversation they were having.

It was the kind of marriage that should set an example for the rest of the world.

The food was served all along the on the kitchen isle.

"I guess some things never change" I smiled at Esme as I took a seat on one of the high chairs, Rosalie took a seat next to me "You still cook like you intend to feed a battalion"

"I had missed cooking for you, Darling" Esme smiled at me as she placed the last dish she was preparing on the table.

I served myself a little of everything, knowing fully well that I was not even going to finish it.

"Soff" Carlisle turned a little serious "We just wanted to ask what you told people about us leaving? To create an alibi that add up to that"

I swallowed what I was chewing "I told them that you had a better offer but was indecisive to take it but some extended family of yours where going through some stuff and you decided to move to support them"

"That is perfect" Carlisle smiled at me "Thank you, we are going to leave you two to talk"

I wanted to tell them that it was not necessary, that there was nothing to talk about but before I could open my mouth they were already gone.

"You told Charlie about us" Rosalie fiddled with her thumbs resting on top her lap, I gave her a pointed look when she said 'us', then she corrected "About how we used to date"

I took another bite, delaying the conversation.

"I did not" was my response, I was still trying to convince myself that Charlie did not say all of that "He figured it out on his own"

"Did you tell Bella?"

I knew that Maggie must've tell her about Bella's comment about the whole Jasper, so she trying to pry information or to keep the conversation going was annoying me.

"No" I panned "But you already know that so I don't know why you asking"

"Soff" she called me after I had spent the last 5 minutes staring at my plate and taking small bites of the food Esme had cooked, I glanced at her "I am truly sorry"

"You are going to have to be more specific about that" I shrugged while fisting a napkin on my hand that was not holding the fork.

She placed her hand on my clenching one, I ceased my hold on the napkin.

Her touch was even better than I remembered. Sparks were tingling all along the surface of the skin that her hand was touching.

All I could do was stare at it.

Rosalie pried open my hand and removed the napkin, I was not even making an effort to fight back, letting her manipulate my hand.

She examined my hand where the marks that left my nails on my palm were red "It did not perforate the skin"

Her words were soft and low, the only reason I was hearing them was due to our short distance. I glanced quickly at her, she was staring at our hands like it was the only thing existing on this world. She then proceeded to intertwine our fingers.

Like I was the only thing that matter on this world.

I wanted to stay like this forever.

In this enchantment. In this part of reality where she cared for me, where we could be happy together.

But it was not real.

She had hurt me and I was not completely sure what her real intentions were.

So with a broken soul and an aching heart, I slipped my hand out hers.

The frown appeared immediately on her face.

"I need to go" I bit my lip and tried to stand up, I needed to see Leah.

"Soff" she pulled me by the wrist "I know that you don't believe me when I tell you how sorry I am but..." she closed the distance between us, our faces inches apart "Hurting you is the worst sin I have committed in all my existence and I intend to do anything on my power to make it up to you"

"Rosalie..." I shook my head; every coherent thought was slipping of my mind.

"Just listen to me" she took my other wrist and slipped her hands slowly into mine "I am profoundly sorry for what I did, but I promise you that I will fight to regain your trust and win you back, you are everything to me"

My mouth was slightly open, just when I was about to reply something in her changed.

She turned to the door with a snarl on her face, hearing something that my human ears couldn't.

"What is it?" I questioned after she straighten up putting some distance between us.

"It seems like your friends are here" she growled, I stood up and headed for the door.

My friends? Kim and Leah?

The Cullens were surrounding the door but as soon as I made it out of the kitchen, they turned their head at me.

"You have visitors" Jasper mused.

The beat up red Volkswagen was the first thing that I spotted, then the 4 figures next to them.

Jared, Leah, Seth and Kim were standing next to it. My eyes fell first on Seth, he had grown and his body was more built the most notorious change was that his waist long hair was now trimmed, he was giving me a sad look.

"Soffia" Kim called me as I opened up my way through the Cullens.

I felt someone tugging my shirt from behind, preventing me of moving forward. As I turned slightly my head, I found Rosalie. She was not looking at me but rather at the 4 Quileute on the driveway.

"Let go" I whispered.

"They are dangerous" she hissed still not looking at me.

I rolled my eyes "So are you"

My comment made her snap off her trance, her hand left my shirt like it was burning her hand. The Cullens were dangerous, I was not stupid to deny it but I knew that they would not hurt me, just like Jared and Seth wouldn't either.

I kept on walking to where my friends were going.

Leah looked furious.

"Leah" I wiped the sweat off my hands in my jeans, the nerves getting the best of me "I am sorry about your dad"

"You knew" I was not expecting that.

"What you mean?" My face was blank as I was trying hard to think what I should tell her, if she knew about Seth then maybe she was told the tribe's legends. Perhaps she already knew and me lying about would make it worse.

"You knew" she spoke louder and raised a single finger to point at the Cullens, her lower lip trembling, I wanted to hug her tight. It was so obvious she was hurting but I felt like I had no right to comfort her.

"Yes" There was no case in denying it.

"My father was attacked by one of their kind" she added without lowering the hand pointing at the Cullens "Did you know about that?"

I shifted my weight from one foot to another, debating whether to tell her the truth.

"Yes" I nodded ashamed.

"You used to date one of them" she growled "You used to date a leech!"

"Watch it, Leah" I understood that she was mad but insulting Rosalie was something I was not about to allow.

Leah clenched her jaw and looked behind me to where the Cullens were watching the whole thing.

"Sam told me the leech was looking for you and your sister" Leah's eyes returned to me, her tone colder than before "He said that you knew about it, is it truth?"

I took a big breath trying to find my voice since my mouth went dry.

"Is it truth?!" she exclaimed louder this time.

"Yes" I murmured looking at the floor.

"My dad is death because of you" her words were cutting my soul like knives.

Leah was my best friend and I was responsible for the death of her father.

"Leah" I heard Seth speak up so I raised my sight, he had walked up to her sister that was shaking so bad "It isn't her fault, it's the redhead's"

Leah turned to glare daggers to her brother. Something was off.

"Leah" I broke off their little argument, she was now glaring at me again "I knew Victoria was after my sister and I, but I told Sam about he was also aware of what was going on, I still want to apologize for everything, but I do want you to know how sorry I am even if I will never be able to make it up to you"

Leah hesitated for a second, then her eyes became hard again. I turned to Kim for support, but she was hiding behind Jared who was taking a defense posture not letting the Cullens out of his sight. Kim was looking at me with regret on her face.

"You are right, you won't" I was a little distracted looking at her that I did not realize that Leah walked up to me until she was standing right in front of me, I got startled but did not even had time to react when I felt like flying.

My eyes closed waiting for the impact but instead of colliding with the floor I impacted against a cold wall, two arms snaking around my center to place me back on my feet. The expensive and floral perfume filled my nostrils and all I could see now was a blond mane.

Rosalie had picked me up before touching the ground and now she was putting me behind her for protection. One or her arms around me to prevent me from moving, but that did not mean that I did not struggle against it.

"Leah, stop it!" I heard Kim shout but I was still registering was has happened.

Leah had pushed me and somehow I went flying like 10 feet, the spot on my shoulder where she had pushed me from was pulsing, I was no doctor but I knew that it was going to bruise.

"Stay out of this leech, this is between the two of them!" Jared spat, leaving Kim's side to go next to Leah.

Kim tried to take a step forward to stop them but Seth got to her and shook his head.

"Shut up Mongrel" Rosalie growled "Who do you think you are to come into our home and attack one of us!"

"We should all remain calm" Carlisle appeared out of thin air between us holding his arms out, he gave a pointed look to Rosalie who almost immediately ceased the growling, then he turned to the Quileute "I am going to have to ask you to leave"

"Fine" Jared pulled Leah from her arm but she was still glaring daggers to Rosalie and I "Leah let's go, you do not want to do this now"

My friend didn't respond for a few second but then nodded and turned to get into the back of the passenger seat.

What was going on? Why was Leah listening to Jared? Last time I checked she hated him.

Before Leah climbed into the car she turned to me one last time.

"Since you are one them now Soffia" She snarled "You are no longer welcome at the reservation"

I simply blinked.

They sped off, leaving me frozen. Carlisle walked slowly to our side, mainly for my sake, he placed his hand on my shoulder and I looked up to meet his eyes.

"Are you okay?" he was inspecting me trying to figure out if I was hurt.

"My shoulder hurts" I mumbled absently.

"Let's go inside so I can take a look at it" he smiled kindly at me, after I agreed he lead me inside with his hand still on my shoulder.

I could not stop replaying what had just happened.

"There is something wrong with her" I sighed and rubbed my shoulder, grimacing when it ached.

"She is a werewolf" Maggie spoke up, my eyes opened wide.

"What? How can you tell?" I frowned, I had not noticed anything to pout of the ordinary with her.

"Her stench" Maggie's nose wrinkled in disgust "It's plain rancid"

Carlisle was moving my shoulder around and watching closely my face.

"It is not a serious injury; you are just going to have a bruise" he finally declared after poking my shoulder a little more.

"Thank you, Carlisle" I gave him a smile.

Published 26/06/2021

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 34.5K 18
โ˜… ๐‡๐„๐€๐‘๐“, โ‹†๏ฝกหš ๐‘จ ๐‘บ๐‘ป๐‘ถ๐‘น๐’€ ๐‘พ๐‘ฏ๐‘ฌ๐‘น๐‘ฌ ๐‘จ ๐‘ฎ๐‘ฐ๐‘น๐‘ณ ๐‘ด๐‘ฌ๐‘ฌ๐‘ป๐‘บ ๐‘จ ๐‘ฉ๐‘ถ๐’€ โ”โ”โ” โi'm sorry. you did what? on who...
537K 16.6K 30
~~BOOK 1 of the Soffia Swan Series~~ When 17 year-old Bella Swan and her 15 year-old sister Soffia Swan moved to live with their father in the uneven...
510K 13K 23
in which their mate was already in love with someone other than them โ€ข " i have a boyfriend. " " oh. " โ€ข [ AFTER BREAKING DAWN PART TWO ] ...