The Underground

By butterflytint

As the daughter of a rich and prominent government figure, you've always been meticulous, turning to hacking... More

intro
Japan's Fourth Most Wanted
Helix Armed Agency
Cell #113
Shinjuku Noodles
village chase
The Captain
The Command Team
Assigment: Information Retrieval
Marble Steps
Just an Extra Training Session
Hello Kitty Bandaid
Huh?
Train to Yokohama
Dance with the Devil
A message for Daichi
tequila mockingbird
take me shopping
Top of the Cosmo Clock
July 20th
let me take care of you
Tokyo's finest . . . hacker
An "American" Breakfast
Date Technologies
winding down
the arsenal
Fox's Trap
Devil's Playpen
Tears of the Moon
A Star's Ember
Glass Cages
The Sun Realm
Someone
Watch me die
Brother's Keeper
5:43
Obsidian Skies

Itachiyama's Apothecary

8.4K 166 374
By butterflytint

(This chapter is the entirety of ao3's chapter six, have fun)

You unlocked the door to your apartment with one hand while your other one was occupied by a bag of groceries. You sighed as you set it on the kitchen counter, checking your phone right after, eyes widening when you saw your father's text.

I have a meeting near your place, so I'll be stopping by later.

You furrowed your brows and pursed your lips in thought. The message was from over an hour ago, when would later be?

That's when the shuffling of footsteps in your bedroom caught your attention. Quietly, you inched towards your room, tilting your head to the side to see if your father was the one in there. After all, he did have a key to your apartment—which you kept forgetting to ask back.

"Daddy?" you called in a low voice, still not seeing anyone.

"Someone called my name," a smooth voice replied, one which did not belong to your father.

When the Seijoh captain coolly stepped out of your room without a shirt on, you groaned, "Tooru, I thought my dad was in here. What are you doing here? Why didn't you call before you came over?"

He pouted, "Do I have to warn my girlfriend before I come to see her? She does live alone after all."

You glared at him with a scowl, "Yes! You do! Because my dad is going to be here any minute and if he sees a half-naked boy in my room he's going to go into cardiac arrest."

"Oh, come on," he drawled childishly as he stepped towards you. "I barely get to see you anymore." He whispered impishly while holding your hands in his, "We haven't had sex in two weeks."

You pried your hands back and rolled your eyes, "Oh no, what ever will you do?"

He exhaled at your sarcasm, "This is not a joke. I haven't seen you naked in two weeks and you're laughing."

You shoved him a bit, "You'll survive."

You turned around and headed back towards the kitchen to start putting away the groceries. Oikawa followed you and leaned against the counter while he watched you.

"Well?" Oikawa folded his arms. "You've barely been answering my calls and you haven't been coming underground as much."

You looked at him over your shoulder as you put away the eggs and milk, "Should I order food or make something simple?"

"Y/N," he said sternly.

"Take-out it is," you announced.

"Will you take me seriously?" he whined.

As you set some spices in a cupboard, you sighed, "You know my break has been over for a while now, right? I've been busy with work since classes started again, and I've been spending my free time either at home doing schoolwork or trying to get stuff done at HQ. I only have one more final, I should be good to go after that."

You managed to get into the police servers about a week ago, you and Kuroo were assigned together to work with Helix's forensic team to look over the evidence. Naturally, you had been a bit preoccupied with the sudden spike of work recently.

"Every day I had off I'd try spending with you," you looked at him sheepishly. "But I'm sorry I've just been busy and stuff."

He sighed, stepping closer to you till your lower back was pressed against the edge of the countertop. "How's the police server thing looking?"

Your expression drooped, "Kuroo and I are still ploughing through the records, so far it's just stuff we know and the reports of each dead body. Sato's report doesn't do us much good either."

"Hmmm," Oikawa hummed. He grabbed your hips and hoisted you onto the counter, leaning in to kiss you. "Here or the bedroom?"

You gently tapped his face, "My dad is coming over. I'd rather not have him walk in on us."

He frowned, "Okay, but can I at least take you out on a date after?"

You tilted your head, pouting, "I was going to work on the evidence after."

"Ugh," he buried his head in the crook of your neck. "This is annoying, usually you're the one trying to convince me to work less."

You cradled his head as you giggled, "How did you get into my apartment anyway?"

"I was one of Japan's top criminals, you really think I can't pick a rich fancy lock?" he lifted his head again to kiss you. When you eyed him incredulously, he murmured, "Just kidding, I stole the spare key."

"Now I have to take back your key and my dad's," you laughed before pressing your lips against his. When he gave you an offended look you said, "Fine, you can keep yours."

Oikawa pulled back but he seemed a bit nervous, "Umm . . . about that. I was going to say . . ."

He looked off to the side, looking skittish rather than his confident self. You moved your head to the side, peering at him. "What's the matter?"

"We've been together for like almost a year now," he timidly said. "And . . . I think maybe we should just stay together . . ."

"Tooru," you smiled mischievously, "I didn't peg you as someone who'd have such a hard time asking his girlfriend to move in with him?"

A noticeable flush of red spread across his cheeks, "Uh—I . . . um."

You covered your mouth to hide your laugh, but it didn't work, "You haven't even met my dad yet."

"He's on his way here now, right?" Oikawa backed away from you. "So, let's get that out of the way now."

You hopped off the counter, gazing up at him, "No. This is a big deal. My dad is very strict, he won't approve of just anyone. And he would probably kick you out since you're walking around shirtless. Besides, I'm going to tell him today that I'm bringing you to the police department's annual gala as my date. I'm going to introduce you guys there."

"You're taking me to a gala? Yes!" he pumped his fists in the air.

"I was planning on taking Iwa," you stated. "And maybe Kenma and Akaashi, too. Takeda and Coach were already planning on going, so I figured why not take everyone else."

"What? I thought this was going to be a one-on-one meeting with the parents. Why is everyone from the organization invited? Aren't you allowed to only bring a plus-one?"

You traced your fingertips along his abs, "My father is a pretty important person. You keep forgetting that. And those three and our team are my closest friends other than Mika."

A scowl took form on his face, "What if your dad likes them better?"

"Then I'll just date one of them instead," you teased.

He jumped back a few feet, "Are you kidding me?! Goodbye."

As he started walking away, you tugged at his arm, "It was a joke! Stop being a baby."

He childishly closed his eyes and turned his face up, "No, you're going to have to make it up to me."

"Okay," you agreed while running your fingers through his hair. "What do you want me to do?"

He opened his eyes, matching your complacent expression. He inched closer to your face but before he could utter a single word, there was a knock at the door.

"Oh shit," your breath hitched. With a hushed tone, you pushed him towards your room, "That's my dad! Get in my closet! Now!"

Oikawa didn't waste a second in disappearing the same way he appeared. Frantically, you rushed to the door and opened it, painting a large smile on your face.

"Hi, Dad," you grinned.

Your father beamed at you as he pulled you into an embrace, "How's my sweet little girl?"

"Great," you responded. "How are you?"

The man stepped inside as you closed the door behind him, "Splendid. I haven't seen you in a few days, so I figured I'd stop by."

"I'm happy you did because . . ." your voice got lower and you nervously gulped, "I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Of course, ask anything," your dad said as he took a seat on the bar stool behind the island counter.

You stood at the opposite side as you poured him a glass of water. Skittishly, you risked a glance at your bedroom door knowing that the Seijoh captain was behind it, shamelessly listening to every word.

You shyly twiddled your fingers, "There's a boy."

Your father's eyes widened, "A boy?"

You nodded, "We've been together for a few months now and I wanted you to meet him."

"Um," your father uncomfortably shifted in his seat. "What's his name?"

"Tooru," you answered timidly. "Mom and Mika love him. He's amazing, you'll love him, too."

Who were you kidding? Your father was an incredibly difficult man to please, he barely even liked his own son.

"Hold on a second," your father loosened his necktie as he closed his eyes. When you saw that crease between his brows taking shape, you knew you were in for it. "Not only did you hide the fact that you had a relationship for months, you even had your mother meet him before telling me."

"Listen, Dad, I know you must be upset, but just hear me out," you tried relaxing him by putting your hands up cautiously. "I swear he's a good guy. He's sweet, smart, and very protective of me. He was Daichi's best friend, too."

Your father whipped his head up, gaping at you with disbelief, "He was?" When you stayed silent, he exhaled a lengthy breath, "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to meet him."

"Yay!" you clapped with a cheeky smile.

"I will personally break every bone in his body if I find out anything bad about him," your father snapped. "Give me his phone number and address."

"Dad! No!" you cried.

"Ugh," the man groaned. "When do I get to meet him? Bring him to the villa for dinner tonight."

You put your hands on your hips as you sighed, "Patience, mister chairman." Your father laughed at you bringing out his formal honorifics. "I'm thinking to introduce you two at the police department's gala. I figured I'd introduce you to some of my friends from school, too."

"Alright," he cleared his throat. "I find it absurd you're making me wait for a month, but I'll wait."

"Great," you nodded halfheartedly. "Now you and Mom can meet Tooru together."

Your father stayed quiet at the mention of your mother.

"Takeda knows him pretty well, too," you added in hopes it would help.

Your father hummed in response.

"Is something wrong, dad?" you asked, noticing he seemed pretty tense.

He took a deep breath and set down the glass of water, "No, just thinking about work. Recently got working with a new partner so I've been a bit preoccupied."

You pursed your lips. He always thought about work, even when he was with you. You had tried conditioning yourself to not let it bother you, but you couldn't help it.

The sound of your cellphone ringing brought you out of your thoughts and you reached for it. It was Kuroo.

You brought the phone to your ear and answered, "Hello."

"Hey," Kuroo's deep voice resounded from the other end. "We might've found something in the evidence files worth looking at. You still coming?"

"Oh, right," you could see your dad suspiciously looking at you. Although he couldn't hear what Kuroo was saying on the other end, he still seemed curious. "I almost forgot. I'll be there soon."

"See ya," Kuroo chimed before ending the call.

You faced your father, "I have a study group tonight, I should get going."

He moved to stand up, "Oh, I'll drop you off. Where is it?"

Your pulse quickened and you spluttered out another lie, "It's in the campus library but I have to shower, then I'll go. You don't have to drop me off I'll take my car."

"Okay," your father adjusted his blazer and stepped towards you to plant a kiss on your forehead. "Stay safe. I love you."

"Love you too, Dad," you mumbled back.

"Alright, I'll see you soon," he opened the door and winked at you.

You laughed, "Alright, see you soon."

You closed the door and waited for a second before sprinting towards your bedroom, only to face Oikawa prior to even taking any steps.

"I could listen to you talk all day about me," he cooed. "What else do you think about me, cutie?"

He slyly leaned in, smirking suggestively. You pressed your index finger on his forehead and pushed, "I think you're a loser."

He pouted but before he could make any whiny remark, you grabbed his hand, "Kuroo called. We should get to headquarters. Let's go."

You grabbed your bag and dragged him out of your apartment, down to the parking garage to get into your car. As you drove, the brunette slouched in the passenger seat.

"I agree with your dad on making us wait too long to meet," he said as he looked out the window. "Just get it over with."

Without sparing him so much as a glance, you responded, "There's a reason why I'm not having you meet in a quiet place. He would bombard you with questions and try to trap you in something. Besides, my mom being there would help ease the tension. We'd all be pretty busy with the gala anyhow."

He didn't respond.

"I promise I trust you not to screw anything up," you assured. "It's my dad that I'm worried about. It's just . . . he's always been harshly protective of me and when my brother was still alive, my dad never really approved much of him. I don't want him to give you the same treatment."

The captain still didn't reply, and he continued to remain silent the rest of the trip. The two of you reached the facility and waited for the elevator doors to open when you descended underground. When they did, you made your way to the data lab. The rest of the facility seemed packed, teeming with agents training or discussing cases.

The brunette opened the door for you and both of you entered to see Kuroo and Kenma at the main computer. Kenma was sitting in the swivel chair while Kuroo was hunched over the table on the side, eyeing the screen with his partner.

"Hey," you greeted.

The two Nekoma agents turned to you and your fellow Seijoh agent.

"You two got here fast," Kuroo said.

"We were together when you called," you replied as you walked over.

"Sorry to interrupt your date, but we found something about the bomb," Kuroo folded his arms.

"What is it?" Oikawa asked as he peered over Kenma's shoulder at the screen.

"We studied the chemical components in the bomb and—you know what, let Kuroo explain it to you because I don't understand a single bit of it," Kenma pointed.

"Okay, so," Kuroo cleared his throat. "We did a little looking into what the bomb was made of and we found certain chemical agents that aren't commonly used in average explosives. We saw traces of TATP which is acetone peroxide. It's kind of crazy really because the safer bet is to just use something like TNT not really the tri—"

"Get to the point," Oikawa interrupted.

"Oh, right, sorry," Kuroo was brought back to his senses. "The fact of the matter is that TATP is highly explosive and it's typically unstable, making it incredibly difficult to get your hands on. Not many companies use it that often, but we did find a company that might be involved in the manufacturing process. More specifically, a certain employee there. Itachiyama Pharmaceuticals."

"What?" you let out a laugh. "A pharmaceutical company is doling out explosives?"

"No," Oikawa answered monotonously. "Just one chemist. And I think I know who it is."

*****

"I wanted to drive," you pouted.

"No, then I would've had to sit in the back like you both were my parents," Kuroo looked at you over his shoulder.

You three were outside Itachiyama Pharmaceuticals waiting for the building to be vacant for closing time, so there were less employees.

You set your hands on the headrest of the driver and passenger seats, adjusting yourself in the middle. "You could've sat in the front with me. I hate the back."

"Hey, what's so bad about looking like a married couple with me?" Oikawa glared at you.

"Now you guys look like my dads—or my weird uncles," you slumped back pompously.

Kuroo and Oikawa looked at each other and gagged.

"Ew," Oikawa grimaced. "I wouldn't date him even if he was the last human alive."

Kuroo gasped dramatically, "You don't have to be rude about it. It's not like I jumped at the idea either. Besides, you'd be lucky to date me. Y/N's probably considered it."

"Shut the fuck up, Kuroo," Oikawa bit. He looked back at you with a doe-eyed look, "You haven't, have you?"

You cupped his cheek and answered him sweetly, "I only have eyes for you." You then turned to Kuroo, using his first name like you did occasionally, "Tetsuro, stop instigating to get a rise out of him."

Kuroo chuckled, "Have you seen how he whines like a baby. It's too funny."

"Enough," Oikawa pointed his finger in the Nekoma captain's face before reclining back in his seat. "We should probably get going. The guy works late but we won't have a secured way to get in, and I'm not in the mood to use our grappling gear to sneak in through the roof."

"That sounds fun," you murmured. "I wish we did it."

Oikawa smirked at you, "As much as I want to take you on a rooftop, it would be a waste of time in a situation like this."

You stuck your tongue out childishly.

"Gross," Kuroo said to Oikawa.

"What?!" Oikawa sat up straight. "Obviously I didn't mean it like that. Unless she wants it to be—but I clearly meant it in a tactical way . . . not any other way."

"Let's just get in and talk to the dude already," you groaned.

"Sounds like a perfect idea," Kuroo said as he got out of the car.

When Kuroo shut the door you smiled at Oikawa, "We'll talk about that rooftop thing some other time."

Before the boy could even respond, you were already out of the car, dusting off your clothes as you stood next to Kuroo.

Oikawa came out as if you hadn't just tempted him in the car and stoically stated, "Alright, let's move in. I know a way in from the back. Y/N, is there any way you could turn off the cameras for a bit so we could get in without any record?"

"Kenma's got it covered," Kuroo said with his eyes glued to his phone. "He said that we have ten minutes to get to the tenth floor."

You and the Seijoh captain nodded before making your way to the back and slipping in undetected. Once the elevator doors opened, you followed the two men down a hall.

"How do you know this guy anyway?" you asked Oikawa.

He responded while his eyes still face forward, "I guess you could say I used to do business with him back in the day."

He walked towards a door labeled Lab 4 and opened it. You all crept inside without making a single peep. In the lab, the lights were out, all except for two panels in the center of the room. Under the blinding fluorescent lighting, was a man in a lab coat. He was tall with curly dark hair, he had two moles on his forehead, and he was wearing a surgical mask as he compared two beakers in his gloved hands.

"Sakusa," Oikawa called out sternly.

The man turned around without a sign of amusement—or any emotion for that matter—on his face. You could tell by the disinterested look in his eyes that the rest of his face probably looked just as disapproving.

"Can I help you?" the man said blankly. "Didn't think I'd see you ever again, Oikawa."

The Seijoh captain surprisingly grinned, "You didn't think you'd get rid of me that easily, did you?"

"What are you doing here?" Sakusa asked. "And with the chairman's daughter too?" His dark eyes pierced yours.

"You know who I am?" you quizzed, cocking a brow at him.

"Who doesn't?" he said somberly. "Your parents are a big deal, especially your father."

Oikawa butted in, "Pay attention to me, Kiyoomi. I'm the one with the questions here."

"Just say what you need to and move along. I'm busy," the man said as he returned to the set of lab materials in front of him.

"Busy gathering materials for another explosive device?" Oikawa spat, crossing his arms with a serious expression on his face.

The chemist's eyes narrowed, "I was waiting for you to bring that up."

"Well," Oikawa threw his hands up in a show of fake defeat. "You always knew I was one for the theatrics."

"Mind telling us why you supplied Wakatoshi Ushijima with explosives?" Kuroo finally spoke.

Sakusa diverted his gaze to the spiky haired man, "Isn't it obvious? He asked and I supplied."

"Bullshit," Kuroo frowned. "Just answer straight up. What was in it for you?"

Sakusa looked bored as he turned back to his work, ignoring the command team captains completely. You stepped towards the chemist and set one hand on your hip and your other one flat on the surface of the lab table. You leaned down towards the man.

"Clearly this little practice of yours isn't a company project, making this illegal. You already know my dad is a chairman so he could shut this entire place down and make sure you don't ever get employed anywhere ever again," you smiled sweetly. "If you don't mind, could you please tell us what Ushijima wanted?"

Sakusa groaned. He stood and your eyes followed him as he loomed over you. His height and frame served for a mechanism to intimidate you, but you didn't allow yourself to fall victim to his attempt of frightening you. He stuffed his hands in his pocket after he pulled down the surgical mask to reveal the rest of his face.

When he stayed quiet, you complacently said, "I would hate to see a good-looking man like you in the poorhouse, Kiyoomi."

"I don't know what Ushijima wanted, I was just doing a favor for a friend," Sakusa finally responded.

"I wasn't aware you were friends with the Shiratorizawa Clan," Kuroo eyed the man suspiciously along with Oikawa.

"I'm not." Sakusa frowned. "All I wanted was the check. I don't know what he's planning, but all I know is this: he asked for five explosive devices. He gave the first two to Daishou for that bridge, that leaves him with three more. He came here at midnight a month before killing the Date Tech CEO to pick them up. That's all I know."

"You think he's telling the truth?" Kuroo whispered to Oikawa.

Oikawa's brows were furrowed in a look of determination. He answered, "Yes. Sakusa here isn't the type to get too involved in shit that's none of his concern."

The two captains shared a resolute nod with each other before Kuroo beckoned his head for you to follow him out. As you made your way out the door, Oikawa called over his shoulder, "We're keeping an eye on you, Sakusa. We find out you're lying or you tell Ushijima we were here, and it'll be your head."

You made it back out without dragging any attention via cameras since Kenma managed to loop the cameras' footage until you all were safely off the premises. The ride back was silent for the most part, mainly consisting of you curiously connecting the dots and Kuroo explaining the evidence reports to you. And as for Oikawa, he stayed silent, an expression of frustration painted on his face as he was too deep in thought for anyone else to realize.

You all began making your way towards the pit where the captains and some of the command team members agreed to meet. Your gaze shifted around the hall, observing how desolate it was. Under most circumstances, the place would be packed, but tonight it seemed as if there were only a handful of technical analysts behind the computers.

Kenma was seated at the front of the hall at the mainframe, surrounding the area were members from each squad unit's command team. They all fixed their attention to you, Kuroo, and Oikawa walking in before they sat in the vacant chairs of the computer analysts towards the front as if they were at some movie viewing.

As you walked past the front row, a hand shot out and clasped your wrist. You turned your head to meet Iwaizumi's solemn gaze silently signaling you to sit next to him, Matsukawa, and Hanamaki. With a warm smile, you obeyed while Oikawa and Kuroo advanced towards the front to stand on Kenma's side along with Sugawara and Bokuto. Your eyes scanned the room of the command team members of Seijoh, Karasuno, Nekoma, and Fukorodani. It seemed like every high-ranking officer was in the room.

Before anyone could say anything, a pair of footsteps could be heard marching into the hall. They belonged to Takeda and Coach, both wearing stern expressions as the patter of their feet extended the silence in the room. When they stopped at the front of the hall, quiet enough to hear a pin drop.

"As we all know," Coach finally began, "the Shiratorizawa Clan is at large, they've murdered over five hundred people in the past few months including the casualties on Rainbow bridge. We are taking the necessary steps to apprehend them, and we are making progress."

The agents in the room stiffened in their seats from either excitement or nervousness, you couldn't tell. You hadn't even realized that Kenma had pulled up mugshots of Ushijima and several of his associates in Shiratorizawa on the main screen.

"Oikawa, Kuroo," Coach turned to them. "What intel did you gather today?"

"Itachiyama pharmaceuticals is where the explosives were developed by one of their top chemists, Kiyoomi Sakusa," Kuroo informed as the rest of the teams listened in. "He said that there were five explosives that he supplied to Ushijima. Two were used on the bridge, that leaves three that still have yet to be used."

Coach nodded. Looking over at the tablet Takeda was holding to take notes, "Good work."

You grumbled a bit to yourself thinking about how you played an important part in the captains gaining the information they needed in the first place.

Oikawa remained silent, he seemed deep in thought with his eyes glued to the ground and his arms crossed. Kuroo spoke up, "Thank you, sir, but we can't take all the credit. Y/N was essential in obtaining the intel, as well. If it weren't for her hacking abilities, we wouldn't even be at this point and she was pretty good at getting Sakusa to talk."

You smiled brightly at Kuroo; the raven-haired boy gave you an encouraging wink. Oikawa seemed to be unaware of what was going on as he continued to grit his teeth in contemplation.

Coach looked at you, a small, pleased smirk on his face, "Of course. Thanks, kid, we've gotten pretty far thanks to you. You'll be rewarded very soon for all your hard work, trust me."

Iwaizumi patted you on the back while Mattsun and Hanamaki quietly cheered and pumped their fists in a show of celebration. Takeda had a proud smile on his face and nodded to you in affirmation, to which you beamed back. But when your eyes flicked to your boyfriend, he seemed to not even care as to what going on outside his own head. Your smile faded as you watched him.

"Sakusa said that he was doing a favor for an old friend," Oikawa finally broke his silence, his voice was low and dark, he still kept his eyes at the ground.

Everyone's head turned to him in anticipation, waiting for him to elaborate. But instead, Kuroo replied to his friend, "Yeah, but wouldn't it just be Ushijima that he was talking about. Who else could it be?"

"I didn't know Sakusa and Ushijima were friends," Sugawara frowned.

"They aren't," Oikawa retorted shortly. "I have someone else in mind. Someone he was friends with, a group."

Kuroo's eyes widened, "Wait . . . you don't mean . . ." His voice trailed off in a wave of doubt and denial.

"Yes, I do," Oikawa said without Kuroo even saying the name of the so-called person or group.

"No way," Bokuto's jaw dropped.

It seemed as if everyone knew who they were referring to. Confusion couldn't even begin to describe your state of mind in that moment, you felt almost stupid for how left out you were. Iwaizumi and the rest of your command team seemed to know exactly what was going on, too.

You nudged the man next to you, "Iwa, who are they talking about?"

Your friend couldn't respond because Kuroo could be heard skeptically laughing, "That's fucking impossible—"

"Language," Coach called.

"Sorry," Kuroo grumbled before turning back to your boyfriend. "Inarizaki has been inactive for almost two years now."

Inarizaki? You thought to yourself.

"They've been off the radar, sure, but they've most likely been in hiding, trust me," Oikawa explained grimly. "They have to be involved."

"Do you even realize how crazy you sound?" Kuroo scoffed.

Oikawa looked at his friend apathetically before Coach interjected, "What makes you so sure it's them, Oikawa?"

"It's a hunch," the Seijoh captain replied. "But I'm positive it's them."

Kuroo seemed in the mood to scold him and the other command teams looked all but hesitant on whether to believe him.

Coach let out a sigh, "If you're so sure it's them, I'll trust you. But for now, we don't take any course of action. We need to strategize for the hypothetical situation of them actually being involved."

Oikawa unfolded his arms and protested "But Coach—"

"We can't go in blindly on some sort of hunch, kid. We don't even know where they conduct business from. No one has heard from them in over a year. Once we find some concrete evidence linking the gangs together then we can formulate a plan. You understand, Captain?" Coach reprimanded sternly.

Oikawa's narrowed eyes displayed just how pissed he truly was, but in a low voice he answered, "Yes, sir."

Coach nodded at him, suspicion was apparent in the way he glanced at the boy from the corner of his eye. He proceeded to inform the rest of the command teams on the case information thus far. He let you all go after telling the group that they would congregate again once they develop a full-proof plan.

It was beginning to get pretty late, everyone was dispersing to do whatever it was that they needed to do. It seemed like the captains and vice-captains of the squad units lingered in the pit, all except Oikawa. He was no longer in sight.

Assuming he was where you thought he'd be, you headed to get your laptop from your bunker, then to the brunette's personal quarters. You knocked on the door to his room, which he opened soon after.

"Hi," you piped cheerfully before ducking under his arm to enter.

You always found yourself in his quarters more than your own, even when the boy wasn't there. The sole reason being that the captains' and commanding officers were given significantly larger and better furnished bunkers than the lower-ranking agents.

He didn't even get a word out before you made your way to the corner of the room where he had a desk. The aroma from the candles in the corner graced your nose with the sweet fragrance of lavender and vanilla. You smiled to yourself thinking of how much you loved that scent considering Oikawa always smelled like that. Your other commanding officers often teased him on liking 'girly scents' but you always thought his habit of lighting candles was endearing, especially since he did it to wind down when he was stressed . . . like right now.

You turned to sit down on the bed and opened your laptop. Without a word, you began working on trying to find leads on Inarizaki through the current police reports you had. You wanted to offer the brunette some peace of mind, especially when no one else was trusting his notion.

"Tell me about Inarizaki," you requested, not lifting your eyes from your screen.

"Y—you believe me?" he quizzed, his voice becoming slightly high-pitched towards the end of his question. He stepped towards the edge of the bed, looking down at you keenly.

You brought your head up to meet his eyes. You smiled impishly, "Of course, I do. Why wouldn't I? I trust your judgement, you're always right about these kinds of things."

His lips curled upwards as he beamed at you, "I'm glad there's someone that doesn't think I'm insane. Bonus points because it's the hottest girl in the world."

He moved towards you on the mattress of the bed, kissing your neck as you giggled, "Yeah, yeah. Will you just tell me why you think it's them anyway?"

"They're a dangerous gang that I've had a few run-ins with in the past. Sakusa was closely affiliated with them as well," he said.

Your eyes skimmed your screen, there was barely any information to go off of in the police files about them, making it difficult to pin-point some sort of location.

"What are you doing?" Oikawa peered over your shoulder as he pressed kisses along your jaw.

The only source of light in the room was from the candles, so you squinted to get a better look at your keyboard. "I'm looking through police servers that I've already managed to bypass and infiltrate. I ran a program to decrypt any other preset archives that I possibly can," you mumbled.

"English please," he muttered against your neck.

You scoffed, "Meaning I'm still looking through anything that could help us from the police servers."

You could feel his breath stutter against your skin as he chuckled. As you kept studying your screen, you couldn't help but ask for more data.

"When's the last time they were seen?" you tilted your head when he became more vigorous with his lips on your neck. "What crimes have they committed? What are the names of the members?"

His hand slid down the front of your torso and towards the waistband of your pants as he whispered in your ear, "Forget about them for now."

"Isn't this important to you?" you furrowed your brows as you stared at the lit candles in the corner.

"Not right now," Oikawa said in a hushed tone before letting his other hand close the laptop and put it to the side. He then allowed that same hand to slide under your shirt, prompting you to let out a sigh.

As if some switched was turned in your brain, you faced towards him and began removing both his and your own clothes. All while kissing each other with much fervor.

*****

Your eyelids felt heavy like some dense weight was pulling them down.

With a lengthy yawn, you tried sitting up in bed, covering your naked body with the blanket of Oikawa's bed. You looked at the bunker, the candles were still lit, the smell of lavender and vanilla lingered in the air. You inhaled as you stretched your arms. Then, you shifted your vision to the side of the bed and strangely, he wasn't there.

You looked around the room, your clothes were scattered on the floor but his were gone. Not thinking much of it, you got up and got dressed. Before leaving, you blew out the candles, letting darkness consume the room.

You made your way towards the pit, but there was no sign of your friends. Then you checked one of the briefing rooms to see just about all your comrades: Iwaizumi, Bokuto, Kuroo, Matsukawa, Hanamaki, Kageyama, Kenma, Akaashi, and Sugawara.

"Have any of you guys seen Tooru?" you asked as you shut the door behind you.

Once you spoke, they finally realized you were in the room and immediately put an end to their banter.

"No," Sugawara shook his head.

"Now that I think about it," Bokuto pondered. "I haven't seen him since the meeting with Coach."

You hopefully looked at other agents and they all offered you a pitiful shake of the head or an indifferent shrug.

"Last time I saw him was when you were going into his room after the meeting," Kenma noted as he pointed at you.

You put your hands on your hips as you answered in a concerned yet confused tone, "Yeah, but that was over an hour ago and we went to sleep. When I woke up, he wasn't there so I thought maybe you guys knew where he'd be."

"Wait," Kuroo stood up slowly. "You guys don't think he went looking for Ushijima and Inarizaki, do you?"

Everyone seemed to have their hearts stuck in their throats and you only pointed, "No way. He'd never be that stupid."

Kuroo began stepping towards you, a glowing glint in his eye, "Did you see his gun lying around when you woke up?"

You thought for a moment, "Well, no."

"There you have it then," Kuroo threw his hands up. "He ran off like a dumbass."

You childishly retorted, "But that can't mean anything. He always keeps his gun on him in case of emergencies, he doesn't go anywhere without it."

"I'll check his personal weaponry," Kageyama stood up.

"Um, okay," you shuddered while reaching to your bag to pull out the spare key to Oikawa's office. You handed it to the boy, and he marched out in the direction of the Seijoh study.

You thought to yourself about the situation. You were with Oikawa just two short hours ago, you slept together, and he ran off to play hero right after. It all just seemed highly unlikely. That along with the fact that he wouldn't ever disobey direct orders like that.

"Oikawa's finally gone off the deep end," Bokuto jabbed as he stood up as well.

You turned to him abruptly, water beginning to sting at your tear ducts. "Don't say that. Don't talk about him like he's crazy. He's perfectly sane. Don't say he's crazy. Don't-don't say that," your scolding was morphing into worried shudders.

Iwaizumi came and put his arms around you. Shuddering, you turned to him and buried your head in his chest. The rest of the agents looked at you as if you were some injured animal, Kuroo came to your side and rubbed your shoulder gently to calm you down. You weren't crying or anything, you were just concerned, and it was showing.

"He's probably at his apartment or something," you shivered as you craned your neck up to meet Iwaizumi's olive eyes. "We're just worrying too much."

The door opened again, and Kageyama came back in wearing a solemn expression. His pupils were dilated as he stared blankly at you, "His grappling gear is gone, so are a bunch of his weapons from his arsenal."

Your trembling hands gripped Iwaizumi's shirt as you looked at the other agents in the room.

"Where the hell is Tooru?!"

*****

The sturdy line of the grappling rope made a little zip sound as it effortlessly took him up the side of the warehouse. Once he was at the top of the structure, he crouched down at the edge and scanned the premises for any men on guard. Mentally, he took note of how many armed henchmen were at the freight terminal.

Sixteen hostiles.

Oikawa cocked his gun and his fingertips grazed his dagger strapped to the side of his thigh. As skilled as he was in the art of killing, he knew taking on sixteen men at once would be suicide. He had to individually take them out, one by one as quietly as possible.

Inarizaki was believed to be inactive for nearly two years, but they had only changed up the locations of where'd they mostly practice their business. One thing was for sure, though, they'd never give up the business they'd do at this specific freight terminal. Their drug dealings were too precious to them.

Luckily for the Seijoh captain, the freight terminal was a spacious area, making it easier for him to corner hostiles and sneak up on them while the others were distracted wherever the hell they were. Inarizaki's little goons outnumbered him without question, but Oikawa had the advantage of accessing high ground.

This was easy, he'd dealt with far worse. Oikawa zipped over to the top of two shipping containers, he peered over the edge to see two men conversing with each other, both carrying rifles like all the other thugs.

It would be stupid to shoot them dead, it would attract the attention of the others. Without making any noise, he dropped to the ground, and slowly crept behind the two guards.

"Man, I'm sick of standing here. They make us do this shit every night. The bosses always think something might happen. Dumbest crap I've ever heard," the henchman on the right scoffed.

"They aren't bozos, they know their shit," the other one replied, his faith in his superiors undying.

"Yeah, well, I'm sick of it," the first one retorted. "What the fuck are the chances of some asshat swooping in at the dead of night?"

The brunette had to refrain himself from pulling his glock out right then and there, their conversation was pissing him off more than he'd expected. In the blink of an eye, he grabbed the side of the mens' heads, butting them together and knocking them out before they could proceed with their conversation.

"Higher than you think," Oikawa mumbled under his breath, answering the goon's question.

He had to get into the abandoned factory on the edge of the docks somehow, but he still had a group of people to take out before he could. He wasn't even sure the people he was after were even in the old steel factory, he still had to try somehow.

With the use of his mobility gear, he landed onto one of the warehouses, right above three other men, spread out along the perimeter. The Seijoh agent kept his grappling gear hooked to the building as he dropped down to silently take down each guard, slitting their throats without drawing any noise.

"Damn dogs," he grunted after the last of the three dropped dead.

In the distance, he could see another guard headed his way. Oikawa clicked the reverse trigger on his grappling gun to retract the cable before he crouched around the corner of the warehouse, out of the approaching goon's view.

"Shit!" the man cried. He stooped down next to one of the deceased henchmen. "Wake up, man! Talk to me!"

Oikawa walked up behind him ever so casually as if the man wasn't holding an assault rifle. The goon got up and hysterically reached for his walkie talkie to send the others a message. Without wasting a breath, the brunette snapped the guard's neck.

The boy let out an amused breath after the enemy's lifeless body slumped to the ground, "Oof. Gonna feel that in the morning."

Six down, ten to go. Oikawa wiped his forehead with the back of his hand, walking with an irritated expression. As he rounded a corner where the shipping containers were, a man was facing the other way, not holding his gun as he seemed to be taking a break. The Helix agent easily put the man in a headlock, suffocating him to the point an audible crack in his neck resonated.

Not worth a bullet, the brunette thought to himself.

He almost let out a laugh when he saw another man facing away from him, too. It must've been his lucky day. This all was becoming way too easy. Once he was close enough, he kicked the back of the man's leg, his balance giving away and he sunk to his knees. Then Oikawa delivered a lethal kick to the side of his head, knocking him out instantly when his skull made contact with the metal of the shipping container.

He aimed his grappling gun at the top of a warehouse building, the cable silently shooting out to hook itself at the top so he could swoop to the roof. He was finally in the area packed with guards, walking around the open space with their AK-47s. He groaned to himself as he pulled his glock out of its holster. The black protectant gear on his body came in handy for camouflaging in the night, he'd gone undetected for so long thanks to it.

He pulled out the stash of tear gas he had and kept his finger ready to tug the pin to trigger the effects of the gas, but first . . .

Oikawa had always been a good aim when it came down to it, you knew that much from your many training sessions in the shooting range. Time after time, he would always manage to hit the silhouette dummy with ease. He always kept his murderous side hidden from you, although you knew he had killed countless numbers of people, he still made sure to never let you see him in the act.

He had a perfect line-shot of an individual guard across the terminal. This was it, the timing was perfect, the angle, everything. Oikawa pulled the trigger, the bullet spiraled through the air, finding its way to its designated target. The lead shell found itself not in the guard's head but going through it and burying in the head of another.

It all happened in a fraction of a second, too quickly for anyone to even hear the echo of the weapon firing or for anyone to move. The two men affected by the bullet collapsed, the others scrambled with their weapons in their hands, alerted of there being a breach on their territory.

"What the hell was that?" one goon yelled.

"Take cover!" another one shouted.

"You see any suspicious movement, shoot it down!" an order came from one.

Oikawa scoffed, aiming his gun at another and shooting another man down. That got everyone's attention to where the Seijoh captain was shooting from, right at the top of one of the warehouses.

"Right there!"

"Who the fuck is that?"

Oikawa cocked a brow, "Rude. This is how you treat your guests? I might need to have a word with your boss about this!"

"Shoot him down!" an angry henchman barked.

Oikawa hopped off the building, the guards' gaze followed him but the tear gas filled their vision instead, stinging their eyes. In a frenzied and uncoordinated counterattack, the henchmen fired aimlessly at open space, hearing screams of anguish and distress as they did. When the smoke cleared, two more men were dead, but none of them happened to be the Helix agent.

The remaining guards' wide eyes darted around in a wave of panic, but when they heard a man cackling behind them, they turned to face it. Oikawa had his head thrown back in a manic fit of laughter, standing atop a different warehouse building.

"That was a cute attempt, I thought someone as skilled and experienced as Kita would've taught you better," Oikawa cooed. He raised his gun again, "What a shame."

Instead of shooting the guards dead, he shot one's hand, making him drop his rifle. The goon cried in agony as he held his bloody hand. Swiftly, Oikawa pulled out another gun he was keeping in his other holster, shooting at the confused men again. Oikawa calmly dropped down to the ground, walking up to the man with the bloody hand—the only man remaining.

The thug was on his knees, cradling his wounded body part, reduced to screams of terror when he realized Oikawa was approaching. The brunette grabbed him by his collar and questioned, venom laced in his words, "Where the hell is your boss hiding?"

"I—I swear—I don't know, please let me go!" the henchman pleaded.

"You're lying," Oikawa gripped him tighter, pulling him closer. He heard a pair of footsteps behind and he looked over his shoulder to see one unarmed man coming his way. The boy rolled his eyes, "You've got to be fucking kidding me."

With a back handed throw, his dagger impaled the approaching goon's chest. The man let out some garbled speech, looking down to see that he had a blade buried deep in his diaphragm. He stumbled a bit before falling to his side, eyes lifeless as he lied there. Oikawa looked bored as he turned back to the man in his grip.

"Enough with the chit-chat. Talk now," Oikawa gritted his teeth, "or say goodnight, scumbag."

Before Oikawa could inflict any form of pain on the poor guy, a familiar voice called behind him, "Turn around."

Oikawa chuckled as he let go of the henchman, slowly facing the person, "Kita. Long time."

"Hands behind your head," Kita had his own gun pointed straight for the Seijoh agent's head.

The crackling sound of rifles being positioned resonated in his ears, Oikawa's eyes darted around the area. Dozens of men had arrived to corner him, all pointing their firearms directly at the captain. There were too many to count, and on top of that, he was just one man. He obliged, though, placing his hands behind his head like instructed.

Maybe he didn't think this through as well as he thought he did. All he could mutter was, "Shit."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

883K 23.7K 40
-𝐡𝐚𝐣𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐳𝐮𝐦𝐢 𝐱 𝐟𝐞𝐦!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 -in which y/n kindaichi joins aoba johsai's volleyball team as a third-year manager. along the...
55.4K 1.1K 21
Your old crush Oikawa Tooru trys to warm up to you..but he lost his chance when he didn't say anything to you when you confessed, right? Then why are...
10.1K 586 36
"𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘰𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘵; 𝘐'𝘮 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶." You don't have to wat...
1.8K 102 11
"Welcome to the ghost hunting club!" In which Oikawa Toru along with Iwaizumi Hajime, Hanamaki Takahiro and Matsukawa Issei met a very peculiar girl...