The Underground

By butterflytint

As the daughter of a rich and prominent government figure, you've always been meticulous, turning to hacking... More

intro
Japan's Fourth Most Wanted
Helix Armed Agency
Cell #113
Shinjuku Noodles
village chase
The Captain
The Command Team
Assigment: Information Retrieval
Marble Steps
Just an Extra Training Session
Hello Kitty Bandaid
Huh?
Train to Yokohama
Dance with the Devil
A message for Daichi
tequila mockingbird
take me shopping
Top of the Cosmo Clock
July 20th
let me take care of you
An "American" Breakfast
Date Technologies
winding down
the arsenal
Itachiyama's Apothecary
Fox's Trap
Devil's Playpen
Tears of the Moon
A Star's Ember
Glass Cages
The Sun Realm
Someone
Watch me die
Brother's Keeper
5:43
Obsidian Skies

Tokyo's finest . . . hacker

6.7K 155 97
By butterflytint

After the shower, you both got back in your pajamas, settling into bed at last. You laid on your side, facing the window, and Oikawa laid behind you with his chest pressed against your back.

"I thought we were supposed to watch a movie," you pestered with a sigh as you gazed out the window.

He slipped his arm around your waist, pulling you closer to him as he perched his chin on your shoulder. "I think we both can agree this was way better than a movie."

You glanced at him, "I was promised dinner, too."

"I'll order us something to eat," he said quickly. "I'm sorry I totally forgot before. I mean you forgot too," he teased as his lips grazed your jaw.

"Shut up," you giggled, trying to push him off.

He started tickling you, peppering kisses all over your face while you tried wriggling out of his grasp. Your laughter began dying off and you remembered something you'd been meaning to ask him.

"Wait. What did you do to be a criminal in the government database anyways?" you propped yourself on your elbows. "It takes a lot for one to do that, you know."

After a moderately lengthy inhale, he said, "I was a thief. I told you this already."

You frowned, "A thief isn't listed as the top fourth criminal."

He smirked, tucking a strand of your hair behind your ear, "I hate you."

"Shut up," you swatted his hand. "How would a small-scale thief make enough to afford the luxuries you have? I don't think a shoplifter would be able to live in such an extravagant apartment."

Oikawa closed his eyes as he nonchalantly shifted his hands behind his head, "Credit fraud, darling."

You jolted, "Huh? You've got to be kidding me. How'd you get away with that?"

"I can't go giving out all my secrets, can I?" he shrugged. "I don't think a girl of your status would need to commit credit fraud at any point."

You rolled your eyes, "I'm surprised Daichi was ever friends with you. I can't even fathom the mental torture he must've been in by working with you for years."

His jaw dropped, "Torture? Have you met yourself?"

Your eyes widened and mouth hung like his did a moment before, "Hey!"

With a low laugh he sank back into the sheets, pulling you back on the bed so you could face him.

"I'm kind of glad you found the camera," Oikawa said.

"Really? Why's that?" you asked drowsily.

"Because I got to fuck you," he said shamelessly.

"Hmmm," you smiled. "Does that mean I get to watch more videos if I let you fuck me?"

He tilted his head at you with a smirk, "Go for it. Although, I'm a bit embarrassed you found it in the first place."

"Yeah, some of the things you said were questionable," you mumbled.

"Hey! Technically that was a personal journal," he whined. "Only I was supposed to know what was on that."

"Diary you mean," you corrected. "And I liked hearing all those nice things about me coming from you."

He pressed a kiss on your forehead, "For you, I could go on and on saying nice things."

You chuckled, closing your eyes.

"I think it's time I asked some questions I've been dying to know," he mused. When you looked up at him curiously, he asked "Why did you start hacking in the first place?"

You heaved a sigh, staring down at a stray thread poking out of the comforter. "You should be asking why I started liking computers in the first place."

"Okay," he said softly before theatrically clearing his throat. "Why did you start liking computers in the first place?"

You continued observing the loose thread on the edge of the blanket, "When I was younger, my parents always wanted me to excel in everything. Playing instruments, being top of my class, martial arts, even the way I dressed."

You bit your lip before you kept going, "I was always told what to do. Never could I actually take the lead in things myself. They were much lenient with Daichi, I never understood why. Of course, my father adored me while my mother adored Daichi. We both always wanted our parents' approval, but we tried being okay with it because our parents had their favorites. My brother did have the freedom to do as he pleased, though, my father never paid much attention to Daichi."

Quickly, you glanced at Oikawa, "I mean I feel horrible Daichi felt ignored, but we had different issues. At least he could do what he wanted without being watched 24/7."

You paused.

"When I was in middle school, I went to one of my family friend's house, the son had a huge computer set up in his room and I thought it was cool. He would always teach me new things and stuff. He works at Date Tech now which is great since I get to see him from time to time." You smiled a little, "When I actually started getting into computers and coding and stuff, I learned that I could for once make something do what I want. You see, a computer is like a dog, you tell it what to do and it does it. Then I started learning more on my own."

Oikawa was on his side, still facing you when he propped his head up by his hand, "Keep talking."

"Eventually, I started on little things, like overriding messages on billboards, rerouting people's outgoing messages, and directing vending machines to drop extra snacks. It was all a big joke to me, I just used it for pranks. It was fun, then I realized I could use that thing I had a passion for. I could make a living off of it, so I decided to go to the Institute of Tech," you explained. "The more time I put into it, the better I was getting. It only made sense."

The brunette stared at you, "So what led you to hacking government servers?"

You fiddled with the neckline of his shirt, "The night I found out my brother died, I didn't know what to think. All the commissioner and Daichi's friends at the police department could tell us was that he died in a shoot-out between a bunch of robbery suspects. They told us it was a death while he was on duty—as a cop, not an agent. My father didn't let me see his body, so I just believed all they told me. But when they said that they hadn't tracked down the people that shot him, I had enough. I decided I needed to track them down myself.

"It took me months to even get into the police servers. And even longer to get into the PSIA database. The first time I could get my hands on any police reports, I sent it to the most watched news channel in Japan. And people were beginning to understand how the police was keeping things from the public and families of certain victims. I even made it nearly impossible for my IP address to be tracked. Eventually, it just became a mission to me: to find Daichi's killers and inform the public along the way."

You stifled a laugh.

"At first, I was being a bit stupid with the information I was releasing, since informing the public on on-going cases would throw a wrench in finding suspects. Once I realized I wasn't conducting things the right way, I took a step back, only releasing information that needed to be known, and exposing lies the police would tell," you clarified.

"What did you think you were going to achieve through that?" Oikawa asked.

You looked up at him, fingers still playing with his collar, "I don't know, I guess I needed to feel like I was doing something worthwhile. When I realized the police reports weren't getting me too far, I started trying a bunch of government agencies. I'll admit it was getting a bit annoying, I tried for months. Then the day I finally got into the PSIA database and managed to get my hands on one of their files, I got caught by this pretty hot guy."

Oikawa laughed, "What an amazing guy."

"He's not all that," you grinned.

"That's mean—"

"I'm just kidding!" you giggled.

He huffed before saying, "You're the worst."

"Oh, come on—"

"Just keep going!" he retorted. "What then?"

"That's it," you replied. "Daichi died, I started hacking, I met you, and now I'm here in bed with you."

He pursed his lips while he played with your hair, "You wanted to avenge your brother's death. I can help you with that."

Your brow arched at his offer, "You really think we'll be able to catch Shiratorizawa?"

"I know it," he said defiantly. "We'll beat them, we'll beat everyone."

"Who exactly is everyone?" you tilted your head.

"I don't know," he murmured. "Just know that I'll always keep you safe."

His warm eyes softened as he smiled down at you. Your heart beat a bit faster as you stared back.

"Hey," you started, using your fingertips to trace his name on his cheek. "You know how my favorite color is purple?"

"Yeah, what about it?" he asked, remembering he even mentioned it in one of the videos on the camcorder.

"Well, my favorite color is brown now," you said as-a-matter-of-factly.

"Huh? Why?" he chuckled.

"Because it's beautiful," you smiled, pushing back his dark hair and gazing into the golden flecks of his chocolate eyes.

"You're an idiot," he grinned as he leaned down to kiss you.

"I guess so," you laughed, kissing him back. When your lips parted, you added, "Also, you better wear those glasses when we meet my mom in the morning. You looked so hot in them."

"Oh?" his mouth flicked up mischievously. "I'll be wearing them all the time then."

You flashed him a cheeky grin, "You better not be acting like a jackass in front of my mom. I can't believe she met you before."

"I'll be on my best behavior. Promise," he saluted. "And I've only met your mother once, two years ago. It was brief, it's not like she'll remember me."

"She liked you back then, I'm sure she'll like you now."

With a smug expression, he stated, "Oh, she will."

"Ugh," you groaned. "Enough with that face. I'm still hungry and you're here talking me up."

"I'm sorry," he choked out a laugh as you rolled over. He tried rolling you back to face him, but he only cackled more when you resisted him. "Come on, let's sneak out again. We'll go someplace with good food and we might fight bad guys on the way back. Like on our first date."

You obliged, rolling back over to face him, "Fine."

He bent down again to press his lips on yours, "Best birthday ever."

You smiled into the kiss, throwing your arms around him to deepen it. Just when the kiss was getting more intense, there was a buzzing noise on the nightstand. Breaking away from each other, you both whipped your heads in the direction of the sound. Your phone buzzed again.

With him still on top of you, you extended your arm out to grab your phone and check the notification. The cell phone number was one you didn't recognize.

You and Oikawa glanced at each other before you unlocked your phone to see what it said.

This is Daishou.

Let's meet, we need to talk.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 102 11
"Welcome to the ghost hunting club!" In which Oikawa Toru along with Iwaizumi Hajime, Hanamaki Takahiro and Matsukawa Issei met a very peculiar girl...
111K 3.4K 25
After a devastating car crash that kills your mother and leaves you unable to play volleyball, all you can do is try and help out younger kids who st...
883K 23.7K 40
-𝐡𝐚𝐣𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐳𝐮𝐦𝐢 𝐱 𝐟𝐞𝐦!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 -in which y/n kindaichi joins aoba johsai's volleyball team as a third-year manager. along the...
119K 4.7K 62
[Complete; 200k+ words] One way or another, the Makoshima children have been dogged by misfortune ever since the beginning. Different people cope in...