The Underground

By butterflytint

As the daughter of a rich and prominent government figure, you've always been meticulous, turning to hacking... More

intro
Japan's Fourth Most Wanted
Helix Armed Agency
Cell #113
Shinjuku Noodles
village chase
The Captain
The Command Team
Assigment: Information Retrieval
Marble Steps
Just an Extra Training Session
Hello Kitty Bandaid
Huh?
Train to Yokohama
Dance with the Devil
A message for Daichi
tequila mockingbird
take me shopping
July 20th
let me take care of you
Tokyo's finest . . . hacker
An "American" Breakfast
Date Technologies
winding down
the arsenal
Itachiyama's Apothecary
Fox's Trap
Devil's Playpen
Tears of the Moon
A Star's Ember
Glass Cages
The Sun Realm
Someone
Watch me die
Brother's Keeper
5:43
Obsidian Skies

Top of the Cosmo Clock

5.6K 177 129
By butterflytint

"Have I ever told you how much we love you?" Hanamaki sang in a sickly sweet voice whilst throwing an arm around your shoulder.

You stuck your tongue out at him as you lightly tugged down the skin under your eye.

"We mean it," Matsukawa leered, bumping your hip with his on your other side.

You suspiciously eyed the two boys on either side of you, "Then why are you smiling like you're pulling some prank?"

"These are our genuine smiles," Matsukawa smirked. "Our intentions are completely pure."

You furrowed your brows as they snickered along with some of the other command team members. Oikawa pulled you towards him as he tried suppressing a laugh.

"Hey, leave her alone," the captain giggled.

"You're the one picking on her," Iwaizumi punched his shoulder.

You hid behind Iwa and gripped Kindaichi's arm, "I'm going to the bumper cars with Kindaichi and Iwa. See you losers later."

"What?" Yahaba and Watari called. "I want to go, too."

"You can't just leave me!" Oikawa cried. "Y/N, Iwa, wait up."

Although you stated you were going to venture off with Iwaizumi and Kindaichi on your own, everyone stuck together.

As you shared caramel popcorn with Kyotani and Kunimi, Hanamaki said, "Who knew our mission flopping would end up being good for us after all?"

"Hmm," Oikawa hummed in agreement.

"I wonder what Daishou's doing right now," you crunched another sweetened kernel between your teeth.

"Who cares?" Matsukawa reached over and took a popcorn piece from your hand.

"Alright, well, I want to go on that ride," Oikawa pointed at a roller coaster.

Iwaizumi threw his head back with a wheeze, "You'd cry."

You snickered and Oikawa yapped, "I would not. I fight murderers for a living. Why would I get scared of such a tiny little ride like that?"

Iwaizumi shrugged sarcastically, "Whatever you say."

"I'll hold your hand," you teased.

Everyone began laughing, and Oikawa yelled, "I'm not a child!"

As the group's laughter began dying off, Kindaichi asked, "What should we do now?"

Seijoh's command team directed their gaze at Oikawa and Iwaizumi. The two commanding officers glanced at each other before Iwaizumi said, "We get the rest of the day to ourselves."

You all cheered before making your way to different attractions in the park. The sun was long gone and the neon lights from the park filled your vision. Glimmers of electric blue and purple luminated the bay area and music resonated from speakers along certain booths.

Although you and your fellow agents were bummed about the mission not working out, right now nothing else seemed to matter. This was the first time in a while you got to let loose and hang out, and with your new friends too. Even though you'd known the Seijoh boys for only two months, the friendship felt honest. You worked with them in dangerous conditions, but you also felt insurmountably safe at the same time. The feeling was brand new, but you understood that feeling to be trust. You trusted the Seijoh unit. And you wouldn't trade that feeling for the world.

"Ooh, we have to go on the Cosmo Clock!" you exclaimed.

All of you made your way to the infamous Ferris wheel, the Cosmo Clock 21. The line, of course, was long. As you waited, you snaked your arm behind your back and grasped Oikawa's hand while talking to the command team.

"What time is it?" you asked.

"Ten-thirty," Yahaba answered.

You nodded, not saying anything since you knew Oikawa wouldn't want you to say anything about his birthday being in less than two hours.

The line had shrunk significantly, allowing for you to get to the front in less time. The boys piled into a gondola, before Oikawa went in you grabbed his arm. He glanced back at you with his brows raised in a puzzled manner. When you shook your head, he understood and stood back.

"You guys go," Oikawa said to the others. "We'll take the next one."

"See you later, Captain," Hanamaki saluted.

The door to their gondola shut and they began moving. The next empty gondola came to a stop and you dragged Oikawa in as the two of you laughed. The gondola began moving and lifted off the ground. The both of you looked down as you ascended off the platform of the Ferris wheel.

Halfway up, the wheel came to a halt and Oikawa said, "This is my first time being on one of these."

"Really?" you asked. "I find that hard to believe."

He chuckled, "Why's that? I never have time for things like this. This is my first time being at an amusement park, work never lets me do anything I want."

You tilted your head, "How come you never take breaks? I think some time off by yourself would be good."

He scooched closer to you, "Isn't that what I have you for?"

You playfully slapped him, "I mean not working at all. Not sex."

He played with your hair and jokingly pouted with hooded eyes, "You think I only want sex from you? I'm hurt."

"You know you're not listed as a criminal anymore, right?" you reminded him. "You're a free man. You can do whatever you want now."

He smirked. "I guess so. Thanks for that by the way," he referred to your hacking skills removing his criminal records from the government database.

You grinned, "Didn't your parents ever take you to theme parks and carnivals when you were younger?"

He rested his chin on top of your head as he inhaled, "No."

You could tell his family was a sore subject. Perhaps they were the reason he had such a difficult past, he did live alone after all, and you couldn't recall seeing any family pictures in his apartment.

With a small voice, you asked, "Where is your family?"

He pressed a kiss against your forehead, "Right here."

You looked up at him and the gondola started moving again, elevating you to the top. The small frame came to a stop, leaving you and Oikawa at the highest point in the park. Looking out, you had the perfect view of Yokohama, the mingling vibrancy from the park's lights reflected off the bay's water.

You peeked at Oikawa admiring the view from the top. An ear-to-ear grin painted on his face as he cheekily gazed at the Yokohama bay. His brown eyes sparkled with content; it was an honest expression, and you couldn't hold back anymore.

"I love you."

The happy look on his face dropped when he understood what you said. His wide eyes flicked back up to you, jaw unhinged as he gaped.

"What?" he breathed.

"I love you," you repeated softly.

He continued to stare at you, not offering words to your long-awaited deposition.

"Tooru, I'm sorry it took me so long to realize it. I can't believe I even questioned the fact that you loved after everything you've done for me. The entire time I was hurting, so were you, but you were there for me all along and I didn't even know it," you rambled. "I had no idea I could love someone this much until I met you. I'm sorry I hurt you, I swear I never wanted to make you feel bad—"

"Shut up and kiss me already," he whispered desperately as he grabbed the sides of your face and crashed his lips against yours.

Just as he requested, the kiss was all forms of desperate. It was like the first snowfall of the season. It was like finally raining after a drought. It was like coming up for air after aimlessly drowning for a long time. It was like opening your eyes for the first time after being comatose your entire life.

"I love you," you mumbled again.

He pulled you back, a grin on his face and the purple and blue lights reflecting off his glasses, "Say it again. I can hardly believe it."

"I love you," you said slowly with a cheeky smile. "You better believe it because I already texted my mom about brunch tomorrow morning."

"Seriously?" Oikawa gasped with a laugh.

You nodded.

"How about Hiroshi? Do I get to be introduced as your boyfriend to him too?" he suggested.

"Baby steps," you rolled your eyes. "My father hates boys like you."

"What's that supposed to mean?" he said in fake offense.

Scrunching your nose, you replied, "It means he finds boys like you insufferable. He hates people who are full of themselves and too cocky for their own good."

"Sounds kind of like you described yourself," he tittered.

Your mouth dropped at the violation, "I'm his daughter. He won't care too much if I act entitled. You, on the other hand—"

He pulled you into another kiss before you could finish complaining.

"I'm so happy," he smiled against your cheek.

You beamed, "Me too."

The two of you were so caught up in the moment, you didn't even notice the completion of the Ferris wheel's revolution. The gondola door opened, and you followed Oikawa out towards the exit of the platform. You both saw the Seijoh boys in the distance, and your boyfriend started leading you towards them. You tugged his arm in a way of telling him to stop.

When he looked back at you, you suggested, "Let's get out of here."

He nodded, mouth trailing up in a devilish grin.

After you two snuck out of the park, you made your way to a train station in hopes to just travel through the entire city and see the rest of it. Despite the sound of the harsh chugging of the train along the tracks, the world seemed quiet. It seemed like it was just the two of you in that train to Yokohama.

(End of chapter three on ao3) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.4K 2.1K 24
Hinata Shouyou is a boy who is abused at home, Oikawa Tooru (Hinata's secret boyfriend and setter to a rivalry team) soon takes them into his own car...
11.9K 620 25
"Can I entrust you with my future?" oikawa x reader cover by: 蒼井 in pixiv summary: (f/n) is an unknown writer and artist, and oikawa tooru is her fan...
1.3M 40.1K 59
a loud girl and a shy boy. could i make it anymore obvious? 𖨆♡𖨆 [kageyama x fem reader] WARNING ⚠️ smut ??? strong language mature themes achiev...
218K 7.7K 58
(L/N) (Y/N) and Oikawa Tooru. You are the power couple of Seijoh. Everyone knows it since both of you are captains of your volleyball teams. Life was...