❦𝗪𝗲 𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝗕𝗲 𝗙𝗿𝗲�...

By ShmaptainShmerica82

❦(LᴏᴋɪxAsɢᴀʀᴅɪᴀɴ!Rᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ)❦ (Y/n) was abandoned at a young age, being forced to live on the streets, and s... More

❦꧁Things 2 Know꧂❦
❦Prologue❦
❦Chapter 1❦
❦Chapter 2❦
❦Chapter 3❦
❦Chapter 4❦
❦Chapter 5❦
❦Chapter 6❦
❦Chapter 7❦
❦Chapter 8❦
❦Chapter 9❦
❦Chapter 10❦
❦Chapter 11❦
❦Chapter 12❦
❦Chapter 14❦
❦Chapter 15❦
❦Chapter 16❦
❦Chapter 17❦
❦Chapter 18❦
❦Chapter 19❦
❦Chapter 20❦
❦Chapter 21❦
❦Chapter 22❦
❦Chapter 23❦
❦Chapter 24❦⚠️
❦Chapter 25❦
❦Chapter 26❦
❦Chapter 27❦
❦Chapter 28❦
❦Chapter 29❦
❦Chapter 30❦
❦Chapter 31❦
❦Chapter 32❦
❦Chapter 33❦
❦Epilogue❦
❦Afterword❦

❦Chapter 13❦

320 18 1
By ShmaptainShmerica82

𒊹︎Your POV𒊹︎

I arose from my slumber bright and early, throwing on an old maids dress since I'd be rushing around doing all of the dirty work today. I grabbed my apron before I ran out, making sure to shut the door softly so that I wouldn't wake Faline.

I drew Frigga a bath, and she kept me busy until the middle of the day, asking my opinion, running errands, upon other things. I finally had some time to myself while the royal family was sat down for lunch, and I stuffed my face as quick as I could, knowing that this would be the last moment of free time that I had before I had to help the Queen get ready for the hall at dusk.

As I'd cleared my plate, I made my way into the royal dining hall, picking up empty dishes and leftovers and such as the last members of the family left, helping the other maids out. Once the last of the cutlery was off of the table, I dismissed the rest of the ladies and started to wipe the table down myself.

I was furiously scrubbing at a sticky spot on the table, when I heard almost silent footsteps come up behind me.

"Yes, Loki?" I smirked, knowing it was him, but not looking up from my task.

"You're getting better, love." He spoke approvingly, and I glanced up at him briefly, moving to a different section of the table.

Now, we were opposite of each other, and he went to lean on the table, when I scolded him.

"I just cleaned that you dim-wit. What do you want?" I chided him playfully, and he almost pouted at me.

"Mother has requested your presence in her chambers." He acted as if he was bored when I walked over to his side of the table.

"Well this looks like you'll have to do this.... I'll see you tonight!" I pushed the rag into his chest, and gave a fleeting kiss to his cheek as I skipped through the doors, leaving him dumbfounded.

Once I was in Frigga's chambers, I was surprised to see two maids already inside. I bowed dramatically to the Frigga, making her chuckle, and went over to the bed, where her dress was laid. It was a beautiful yellow gown, with a large skirt and sequins covering the cloth(1).

"Oh, Frigga this dress is absolutely stunning." I smiled as I ran my fingers over the soft cloth.

"The royal tailor is quite talented. Yours is the most elegant." She smiled as one of the maids started to style her hair.

I didn't exactly help Frigga as much as keep her from falling asleep during this daunting task of getting dolled up. Her hair was left in an intricate low bun, and her makeup was flawlessly done by one of the hand maids. I assisted Frigga into her dress, zipping her up and tightening up her corset underneath.

I was shocked when another hand maid entered the room, but she was holding a lavishly designed jade green dress. My mouth opened and closed like a fish when they directed me to Frigga's vanity, and started to style my hair to their liking. Frigga saw my shock, and smiled smugly from her chair in the corner.

The girls had applied some light, mostly natural makeup to my face, a red lip tying everything together. My hair was up of of my shoulders(imagine whatever style you'd like). My (h/c) hair being perfectly placed to make me look like a goddess, along with a few white baby's-breaths wedged into my hair to accent it. The maids had also secured diamond studded earrings in my ears(if your ears are pierced), and there was a simple, yet elegant necklace holding one decent diamond, falling to rest just below the hollow of my neck.

Next was the dress, which I was more than elated to see. My breath left my lungs once the girls helped me into the dress. It was a jade green, off the shoulders gown, with white floral patterns scattered all around the skirt, the waistline, and the breast area(2). I remained utterly speechless, even once the maids had every aspect of my outfit in place.

I managed to thank them distractedly, turning every which way in the mirror, studying my stunning figure. I locked eyes with a set of familiar emerald colored eyes through the mirror, and a huge smile broke out onto my face.

I didn't waste any time, rushing over to him and making him almost lose his balance with the bone-crushing hug that I met him with. I mumbled incoherent words into his neck, raving about how much I loved the dress. I heard Frigga briefly excuse herself, saying that the ball has already begun.

"Darling, you know that I can't hear you when you mumble." I pulled away slightly from him, to smile giddily up at him.

Once I realized how close we were, I quickly backed away, clearing my throat.

"I said that I love the dress. Thank you for drawing it up for me, it means a lot." I smiled nervously up at him.

"Why of course, only the best for my dearest. Now, shall we head to the dance hall?" He held his arm out to me, and just now did I have time to take in his clothing.

He was dressed in his nicest armor, that looked to be freshly shined and buffed, making his pale skin look radiant(3). I took his arm gratefully, my stomach doing summersaults as we walked in time with each other.

As soon as the main doors opened to show the dance hall, my eyebrows shot up at how beautiful everything turned out. Even as Loki escorted me down the stairs, my eyes were looking anywhere but my feet as I observed the decorations and several strategically placed bouquets. I helped pick out flowers, table cloths, center pieces, and even the food for this event, but it looked even better than anything I could have ever imagined.

I almost tripped over my dress when Loki guided me through the throng of people, and we came to a stop in front of where the King, Queen, Thor, and Faline were gathered. I smiled immediately when I saw Faline clinging to Thor, her not being used to such a crowded setting.

Her dress was beige, with a black sheer cloth over top of the skirt, black floral patterns in lace covering her from her waist up. Her long, dark hair was left down, curled into ringlets, and her milky-white eyes seemed to sparkle(4). I wanted to go up to her right then, but Frigga whisked me away after a brief greeting to everyone to go socialize, insisting that I meet the members of her royal court.

She bragged about me during most of her conversations, but never said what rank I was placed in within the palace, which I was thankful for. I didn't want any disgusted or disappointed faces when they discovered that I was just a maid, and no special duchess or princess.

We spoke to many different ladies, and after a while, I began to see more eyes drawn to me, women and men alike whispering amongst each other, stealing glances my way. Becoming slightly uncomfortable, I politely excused myself from a somewhat tiresome conversation, and sought out Faline.

It didn't take me long to find her, and she was waltzing along the floor with prince Thor, her giggling joyously. He'd started to resemble an older brother to her now. I approached the two slowly, tapping Thor on the shoulder.

"Excuse me, prince Thor, but may I have a dance with your partner?" I smiled widely at him, and he nodded, handing Faline off to me, who was now grinning ear to ear.

"I was wondering when you'd find me." She spoke as we twirled around the dance floor.

"Sorry....Frigga snatched me away to make conversation with people that I'll never see again." We both giggled at that.

"So....how do you like your dress? Loki told me about you, and he said that you look 'absolutely stunning'." She mocked Loki's posh accent, which made us both laugh.

"He said that? Well, yes. I'd like to think that I look quite spiffy tonight. Although I look like a bull frog in a sack dancing next to you." I snuck a compliment in, while trying to tease her.

"A- a frog in a sack?!" She erupted ins fit of giggles, and I couldn't help but follow right behind her, many heads turning our way, but I didn't care.

𒊹︎Loki's POV𒊹︎

I watched from beside Odin as (Y/n) and Faline danced and laughed with each other. (Y/n) led Faline through the dance floor flawlessly, both of them sharing a laugh when Faline stepped on (Y/n)'s toe.

That was one thing I admired about (Y/n) and Faline's bond. They were so vastly different from each other, yet they shared many great attributes, along with characteristics that went hand in hand with each other . (Y/n) was patient and understanding with Faline, and the little girl had a strong spirit, and never gave up. (Y/n) was hot-headed, and bottled up all of her emotions, whereas Faline was good at understanding people and that's why (Y/n) usually used Faline as her rock. The siblings weren't related by blood, but by bond, and when they shared such a similar past, it caused for a bond that could not be broken.

Once I was broken out of my thoughts, I saw that Faline was now back to Thor's side, and
(Y/n) was holding a glass of champagne, headed for one of the balconies.

Now is my chance.

FOOTNOTES:

(1) Frigga's attire to the ball:

(2) Your gown: (just imagine its green, with the floral patterns being white)

(3) Loki's armor for the ball, minus the helmet:

(4) Faline's dress:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 397 9
He lived a life of lies, injustice, and neglect. He made gruesome mistakes. He was used, tortured, manipulated. But, sure, the God of Mischief can st...
228K 9K 100
As a half breed Jotun runt, Anya has always been an outcast and treated as if she were beneath everyone else simply for being born. Unwanted in her o...
1M 46.8K 118
Loki, of Asgard, wants revenge. Revenge on those who have hurt him in the past. He is surprised when that revenge comes in the form of a girl. And a...
2.4K 62 23
"Your heart is black. You have killed people who never hurt a being in their lives through ignorance and boredom. Look at your hands." The little gir...