Identity Crisis (LOONA X Weee...

By PPGGFXion

September 2012. After being abducted for 7 years, a girl named Kim Hyunjin escapes her harsh captivity. She d... More

Identity Crisis (LOONA X Weeekly)
Chapter 2: Contact (Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 3: Cat Ears (Monday POV)
Chapter 4: Triggered Vision (Monday POV)
Chapter 5: Scheduled Nightmare (Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 6: Lucky (Monday POV)
Chapter 7: My Sunday (Hyunjin & Monday POV)
Chapter 8: My Melody (Hyunjin & Monday POV)
Chapter 9: Mistaken (Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 10: That Day (Monday POV)
Chapter 11: 지민 (Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 12: Recall (Monday POV)
Chapter 13: The Month Of June (Third Person POV)
Chapter 14: Save You, Saved Me (Hyunjin and Monday POV)
Chapter 15: 현진 (Hyunjin and Monday POV)
Chapter 16: The Difference Between a Fan and... (Hyunjin and Monday POV)
Chapter 17: Unexpected Visit (Monday POV)
Chapter 18: Expected Tension (Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 19: An Emotional Sharing (Monday POV) [Birthday Special]
Chapter 20: Double Date (Hyunjin and Monday POV)
Chapter 21: Telling Them (Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 22: Should I Go Back And Investigate? (Monday POV)
Chapter 23: Confronted (Hyunjin and Monday POV)
Chapter 24: I Wouldn't Know (Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 25: Would You Stay For Tea? (Monday POV)
Chapter 26: Voice (Hyunjin and Monday POV)
Chapter 27: Verdict (Hyunjin and Monday POV)
Chapter 28: My Name (Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 29: My Thoughts (Monday POV)
Chapter 30: Not Friends (Monday and Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 31: Fifteen Years (Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 32: Family (Monday POV)
Chapter 33: By Your Side (Hyunjin & Monday POV) [Christmas Special - Part 1]
Chapter 34: Best Thing (Monday & Hyunjin POV) [Christmas Special - Part 2]
Chapter 35: Always There (Monday & Hyunjin POV) [Final Chapter]
Backstory of 'Identity Crisis'
Thank You, Shin Jiyoon

Chapter 1: New Home (Hyunjin POV)

223 11 0
By PPGGFXion

Chapter 1: New Home (Hyunjin POV)

First Posted On: 27th June 2021

Last Updated On: 27th June 2021

T/N: This takes place in November 2019.

~ ~ ~

The members and I were in the studio again as we were preparing for a special song release in the coming month. Life as a LOONA member has been...hectic to say the least. In fact, our fanbase is so full of international Orbits that we might be giving Pitbull a run for his money. After all, we are twelve members who filmed MVs all over the world individually and as sub-units before debuting as a full group.

I recalled that time my MV for 'Around You' was filmed. It was in Seoul, yes, but the setting and music fitted my vibe pretty well. And it was back in 2016. Gosh, how time flies.

"Yah, you are zoning out again Kim Aeong..."

That was Heejin speaking to me. She is the first member of LOONA to be revealed while I am the second. Being revealed so early in our career, you would have thought fans would be talking about us less. Well...Heejin is at least outgoing whereas I was more reserved. It is part of my personality really.

"아라 아라 bunny-ssi," I teased her. You see the members each have an animal assigned to them, and for me I am a cat. So I just embraced that character with the occasional aeong. Don't ask why...

"Wouldn't you have known by now she likes peace?" Chuu unnie entered the studio brightly after getting us some water. Seriously her smile is contagious.

"And bread, may I add," Haseul chimed in. "Last time I forgot to buy her cream buns from the convenience store and she kept sulking the whole night."

"That's not true!" I disagreed while trying to recall that day.

"Sure..." Jinsoul was not convinced. "As your roommate in the dorm, I know you too well. You even refused to shower until you smelled sliced bread."

Ok...maybe that was a little unhygienic of me...

"UNNIES HELP!" a cute squeal came from our official maknae Yeojin. Her tiny figure was carrying a large painting canvas onto the set. So we all swarmed over and helped her out.

You see, our MV set is made out of easels and painting tools. It is supposed to show a sense of nostalgia and warmth. Fitting for me considering my solo MV was released around 3 years ago. I so happened to be painting or doing some form of art during the filming as well.

But it was a strange journey. Something I have not had the heart to tell my members yet. Not even my roommates Jinsoul and Olivia Hye knew how I ended up in Blockberry. And if none of them knew, then they also did not know the darker backstory.

And I intend to keep it that way.

(- Filming Completed -)

We all planned on heading back to the dorm together, but Haseul went back to her home instead due to family matters. It has not been the easiest time for her since her grandfather passed on earlier that year, meaning she had to miss out on promotions for 'Butterfly'. The members and I rallied together to keep her spirits up, but lately things have not been looking up for her mental health.

But I, Kim Hyunjin, remembered I went through worse. The least I could do is ensure no one has to suffer like me. This mask I have held in front of the members cannot go on forever though. Sooner or later they would have to find out. And something tells me that sooner is next year.

"Why not take a nap? You look like you need one..." Yves unnie gestured her shoulder to me. We were sitting in the back of the van together.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to catch forty winks," I sighed closed my eyes with my head on Yves' shoulder.

But seconds later I wished I had not decided to nap.

(~ Hyunjin's Dream ~)

Where am I? After all those years hidden from the outside world...was it all for this?

No one knew where I was because I was in some abandoned factory? Or warehouse?

My hands trembled as they gripped the sheet metal door I just opened. That air was fresh, but for some reason, I was not enjoying it as much as I would have wanted. I am a free person. I should be happy right?

Right...?

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I had no shoes on, but I was carrying a bag of money that I found in the building. Strange isn't it? The sensible person would probably look for food or water to keep them going for a while, but I only went for the money...

Either way, I needed to find civilisation. And fast.

To be fair, I was used to walking on rough surfaces barefoot, so walking down this dirt path really did not hurt. If anything I can catch up on exercise after being severely malnourished. Still, I really needed to find some town, even though I would not recognise anyone there.

I was all alone.

Wait Hyunjin think...at least you have something for others to remember you by!

Besides money, the bag I carried contained some of my ragged clothes and accessories. It probably reflected the experience I had in that factory building: an unpleasant one. One piece of my belongings stood out to me the most, and I reluctantly put it on.

A headband with cat ears, which was my conscience...

...and last memory before my seven-year captivity.

(~ Hyunjin's Dream End ~)

*HONK*

That jolted me and the members awake. Our manager had driven us back to our dorm and it was time to properly rest up and prepare for tomorrow's schedules.

As usual, HyeChuu were bickering about something trivial, Yeojin was protecting her frog plushie from Kim Lip, and ViVi unnie was trying to keep us in order since leader Haseul was not around. However, I was still reeling in from the memory of that day at the factory and remained silent as we headed to our dorm. Once home, we settled into our beds and thought about the coming weeks' plans. Talks of our comeback were on the horizon and the company advised us to get well rested and think about our goals as a group, in particular earning a music show win.

However, I could not shake off the events that plagued my childhood and teenage years

You see, after escaping captivity, I did find out I was in the Gyeonggi-do province and the closest town to that factory was Guri. They had a local police station but I was too afraid to go there. Growing up, my captor (if I could even call the person that) kept telling me the police are bad people who are corrupt with power. I have since come to not trust them and a lot of people besides LOONA, whom I have come to accept is my new family and home.

But I digress. For the longest time, I did not trust the police because of what I was told. Even after all those years held captive, I still had a firm belief in the corrupt and scary nature of law enforcement? I mean, I still rely on them for daily protection from crimes like robbery, but tell them I was held captive for seven years? Nope.

That was the past I am trying so hard to keep from others, even LOONA. It is not that I do not trust them, I am scared what I share will be misunderstood.

As to how I lived my life of freedom? Well I figured I could make use of the money I found to try and get an alias for myself, albeit in unofficial documents. After all, though I had no memory of my life before captivity, I was told by the captor that Kim Hyunjin is my name and that was fine by me.

In my captivity, I picked up music to calm myself from the distress I faced hidden away from the outside world. Although I've grown to like the piano, I could not possibly buy one just like that. Instead, I found a music shop and learned how to play the guitar. For I had decided to earn a living through busking. That decision did lead me to LOONA a few years ago when someone from Blockberry scouted me in Seoul's Hongdae area.

As I lay in my bed thinking about that day, my thoughts crossed to that headband I wore all those years. I still kept it with me in a box next to my pillow. It was dusty and had a trace of dried blood on it; a remnant from my time in captivity.

But it is my conscience and something for people to remember me by. Hopefully...

~ ~ ~

A/N: Hyunjin hides a deep secret from the members, but is she the only one suffering in silence? How did she end up being captive in the first place?

Yeah writing a fanfic after so long is a strange but calming feeling. Since I graduated from university I have abstained from writing long essays and stuff; that is natural. But in this new phase of writing about new favourite groups, I have rekindled my love for being a KPop fan.

The timing of this chapter coincides with LOONA's comeback for their mini-album '&'. Therefore, Chapters 1 and 2 will be Hyunjin's POV. Hopefully any of the Orbits who come across this fanfic will enjoy reading it and the rest of the fanfic. It shouldn't be too long.

Weeekly and Daileees, your turn will come soon! 기다려!

Vote + Comment ~ !

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 685 20
After harsh training, evaluation, incidents you finally debuted in the new kpop girlgroup called Weeekly! You've always had this different look to o...
11.6K 760 78
What will he do to save them? After barely escaping captivity, Jungkook is lost in the jungle on an unknown island, with an injured Namjoon and an am...
1.4M 39K 71
A cold hearted gang in the underground, merciless and powerful. They are the feared of the feared, no one will dare to cross their path. Yet, at hom...
249K 9.5K 30
|| Status : ☑|| "Not even in my wildest dream I could've thought about you, out of all the people in this world...would betray me." "Why...?" 《WARNIN...