Reminiscing

By nwritesss

Anastasija Martinez, one of the FBI's best and most well respected Secret Agents. Success after success, she... More

00 | introduction
01 | All over again
02 | Blackout
03 | Latte
04 | Her past
05 | Solitude
06 | Sleep little angel
07 | Wake up
08 | idyllic
09 | dismal
10 | serendipity
11 | tacenda
13 | Insistent
14 | passionate
15 | Wants
16 | Proposal

12 | blood

40K 760 1K
By nwritesss

Anastasija Martinez

I pulled the gun out of the glove box and rolled the window down, shooting at the Toyota in front of us. One of the men pulled his gun out of the window to shoot again.

Rafael instantly moved his hand to my head and pulled it down, having me dodge a bullet. Gunshot after gunshot, one landed right above Rafael's first shot.

He pulled out a gun from his pocket and started shooting as well, but the men turned to the other road.

"Fuck," he groaned, trying to keep his eyes on the road.

"Are you okay?" I panicked, placing the gun back into the glove box and turning back to him.

"I'm fine," he grunted while I lifted his shirt.

"Rafael stop at this hotel, right now," I demanded.
"No," he said.

I gripped the steering wheel and turned it to the left, causing the car to go in the direction of the hotel.

"I said I don't need to," he whined, in pain.

"It's not up to you," I kept holding onto the steering wheel leading him into a parking space. I then changed the gear to park and got out.

I walked over to his side and watched him open the door, he got out and I could see it on his face that he was in terrible pain.

He locked the car and I gripped onto his arm for extra support, then led him inside the hotel.

The hotel was old and shaggy. We walked up to the reception and the receptionist had the most horrified look on her face "Should I call an ambulance?" She asked.

"No, just two rooms." Said Rafael.
"Sure, let me check that for you." She replied, unaware if she should listen or not.

"I'm sorry sir, we only have one room available." She frowned.

"That's perfectly fine," I replied, taking the key and going to the elevator.

Rafael grunted at the little step he had to take to get into the elevator, I frowned. I hated seeing anyone in pain, it wasn't anything I ever wanted to see.

I gripped him and wrapped my other arm around his back, trying to ease the pain.

We walked over to the room and I unlocked the door, laying him down on the bed. I played stupid. "Why can't we call the ambulance?"

"They ask too much," he groaned as he laid back on the bed.
I unbuttoned his shirt and pulled it off, a shiver ran down my spine as I looked at the two injuries, each one being worse than the other.

I got up and went to the bathroom, wetting a towel and bringing it back to him. I set it down on his stomach, gently patting away the blood.

"There must be a first aid kit" he whispered, trying his best not to show the pain he was in.

"Okay," I said, getting up and looking for it. I eventually found it and sat back down on the edge of the bed, next to Rafael.

"Now get the stitching kit, and stitch it," he demanded.

"What? I don't know how to, and what about the bullet," I lied, I learned all of this when training for the FBI. There was no need to remove the bullet urgently.

"Just do it," Rafael roared.

"Enjoy the pain," I warned him, taking out the surgical thread and needle. I pulled it into his skin and through the other part of his skin. He did not react, he just laid his head back and sat quietly.

Until I went to the more severe wound, he unknowingly moved his hand to my thigh, squeezing it.

"Shit, my bad," he said, moving it away. I gripped his hand and put it back. His thumb creased my thigh while he gripped it.

I finished the stitches and put the thread back into the box. "You need to remove the bullet by tomorrow," I said.

"I'll call someone by then," He reassured, before realizing, "How do you know?" He asked.

"I read a book once." I insisted, moving my hand to his and holding onto it. "Are you okay?" I asked.

He nodded, "I'll sleep on the floor,", getting up.

"Of course not!" I exclaimed, pushing him back down on the bed. I grabbed the pillow from the other side of the bed and set it down on the little chair. I walked back to Rafael and made sure he got under the covers.

I sat next to him, watching him as he tried falling asleep. It was like my Levi was in front of me. I moved my hand to his hair and ran my fingers through it, admiring as he was now sleeping soundly.

I walked back to the chair and unfolded the small blanket, putting it over myself after getting myself comfortable.

It didn't take long to sleep.

I woke up to the sun filling up the room, except I was now on the bed. I quickly shot up and looked around for Rafael, he was laying down on the chair, his arms crossed over his chest as his head leaned sideways.

I looked down at his stomach and the stitches were different. He must've gone and got the bullet out.

I looked again around the room and found luggage next to the door. I got up and opened my suitcase, grabbing a pair of clothes.

I took a shower and changed into the clothes I picked out. I brushed my hair and applied a little makeup, maybe putting in some effort won't hurt.

I walked out of the bathroom and found Rafael injecting himself with an insulin pen. I never knew he had an insulin problem. He put on his shirt and I spoke up. "Where are you going?"

"To drive to the helicopter," he replied, looking over at me. "You ready?" He continued.

"Yeah, but you can't drive." I mocked.
"You are, catch," he said while throwing the keys over to me. I caught them and grabbed my purse.

He dragged the suitcases out of the room and gave them to the porter, which he then took down to the car.

He stood by the door keeping it open waiting for me to walk out first. I grabbed my phone and made my way out of the room. He walked out after me and placed his hand on my lower back, guiding me.

His hand caused goosebumps to travel up my back, one I've only felt once before with Levi.

We checked out of the hotel and made our way to the parked car. I helped Rafael get into the passenger seat and then got into the driver's seat.

He gave me directions and we eventually got to the location. It was like a whole airport, just filled with helicopters.

I followed Rafael's lead, he insisted on me not holding him for support. Rafael greeted the captain and introduced him to me.

"You must be Mrs.Mancini" smiled the captain.
"That's me," I smiled back, Rafael turned his face away and I could just imagine the laugh on his face.

I spent most of the time admiring the view beneath us, trying to ignore Rafael's arm that was wrapped around my back, resting on the back of the chair.

"I need to ask you for a favor." I heard Rafael say, I turned my attention to him and waited for him to continue.

"Maya wants me to fight tonight,"
"What!" I snapped.

Don't forget to vote!! Also please tell me about any mistakes, I type really fast.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1M 211K 80
Alessia Ferrari is the Don of the Italian Mafia. Whip-smart and dangerous, she is a woman in a man's world, surviving against all odds. Born and rais...
237K 6.6K 103
MASSIMO ALEJANDRO ROMANO, a well-known name in the mafia world. He is an Italian mafiosa capo (mafia boss) and is the most strongest, powerful and th...
486K 10.1K 52
Antonio is the most powerful and richest person on earth. He is 22 and leads the most powerful mafia, not only of Italy, but of the whole world. He t...
11K 320 44
!Used to be Ms. FBI and Mr. Lawbreaker! Warning: This is a draft and is under editing. So there's spelling mistakes and some semi-cringe moments. Eng...