supernaturals [nct 127 x rea...

Від universaja

Більше

[prolouge.]
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
[33]
[34]
[35]
[36]
[37]
[38]
[39]
[40]
[41]
[42]
[43]
[44]
[45]
[46]
[47]
[48]
[49]
[50]
[51]
[52]
[53]
[54]
[55]
[56]
[57]
[58]
[59]
[60]
[61]
[62]
[63]
[64]
[65]
[66]
[67]
[68]
[69]
[70]
[71]
[72]
[73]
[74]
[75]
[76]
[77]
[78]
[79]
[80]
[81]
[82]
[83]
[84]
[85]
[86]
[87]
[88]
[89]
[90]
[91]
[92]
[93]
[95]
[96]
[97]
[98]
[99]
[100]
[101]
[102]
[103]
[104]
[105]
[106]
[107]
[108]
[109]
[110]: The Last Chapter
Ncity Lobby

[94]

1.8K 117 112
Від universaja

c h a p t e r - n i n e t y f o u r

You are peacefully dining with the 127 squad since Kun's group are either resting or in charge of providing the needs for the rescued Supernaturals and Humans.

It was a silent meal. Everyone is feeling lethargic but in relief at the same time for they still have each other's company.

Right now, you still can't believe everything that happened. You thought that when you woke up, it will all just gonna be a dream, along with the ones you had vividly earlier.

Although you don't want that to happen.

Meeting not just these ten people and the other group as well is one of the greatest memory you have.

"Here, have another one." Yuta laid another piece of sushi in your plate. "You are spacing out."

You looked at him before shaking your head gently. "This is the sixth time you gave me one. Those you send earlier are still in my plate."

Yuta only caressed your hair while giving himself some food with his chopsticks. "I just want you to eat well."

"I am eating well." You pinched his cheeks while he remained emotionless, his typical facial expression.

Taeyong stretched his arms before watching his brothers and you eat. "It's been a while since we eat together in peace."

"It's been a while since we ate." Donghyuck mumbled but still made everyone broke into silent grins.

Taeil cleared his throat and looked at you dearingly. "After this, we will visit the young ones still feeling sick."

You nodded your head. "I hope they got to taste this menus though.."

"They are sick but still eats well after being served. I almost believed they are not really sick seeing them finish a couple of plates." Doyoung corrected which made you smile a bit, imagining them devour for themselves. It's a great news. "Not gonna lie. The foods here are great."

"I want to meet the owner." You paused and glanced for an answer.

Jaehyun nodded his head willingly. "He does the same for you. He'll be home very soon. He just bought extra foods for people."

"Even if you are excited, make sure to still sleep if you ever feel tired okay? You used a lot of your abilities and it is draining for sure. I know from experience. What more for our beautiful Protector." Johnny added, in sync with making you feel flattered at the last sentence.

You looked up to meet his eyes before playfully saying, "Sure, dad."

"Oh dAddY~" He mocked, making you react with a questioning stare.

His brothers didn't even budge since this kind of Johnny isn't new to them anyway.

Except for Mark who laughed and asked, "What the hell was that?"

Answering him with a shrug, Johnny once again became serious. "Jokes aside, you understand what I said, right?"

"Yeah, yeah, okay. Don't worry. I slept for three days. Don't ask me to sleep more." You cackled, even though you are somehow shivering with the thought of being at bed again.

If any normal human being comes to interact with you during those times, they'll assume you're dead and you'll going to wake up in a coffin, confused with the transparent cover.

Coming to think of it, it's a relief you're not really in good terms with your aunt or that will possibly happen.

Jungwoo silently grinned while looking at you. "I can't read your thoughts, but I can sense that those are weird ones."

"Tss." You flinched back in reality before smirking. "Perks of being an empath, huh? Well, I can read your thoughts, I'm unfair so maybe that's okay."

Without making him alarmed, you quietly squinted your eyes and used your adapted abilities to read minds.

And Jungwoo's thoughts made your heart race immediately.

'How could someone just spacing out still look incredibly beautiful?'

That one thought was enough to make you stop reading him or you bet you're heart will explode.

You're spoiled with all their love, but it's definitely a good thing. A two-digit page of essay won't be able to explain how much love you keep receiving from them.

"I missed this." Sicheng, in a low voice because of extreme lethargy clinging into him, whispered.

His eyes are barely opened since he was tired from healing every people who needed it, but he was genuine enough with what he said that he have to say it out loud.

Two knocks from a lady caught everyone's attention. You all spun your attention to a teenager, around your age but probably a year younger, excused her self.

"Oh. She's one of the Beginners. What brought you here?" Doyoung accompanied.

"Uncle Baek is here." She mumbled, bowed down, and simply turned around to leave.

You peeked your head to see who the person was. Yuta beamed a smile of appreciation while looking at you. "He's the owner."

"Ah, really?" You suddenly felt pressured thinking about meeting the owner of the place who took care not just your team but almost all the rescued ones.

And not to mention how you're just sleeping for three days.

You know it is not something to feel sorry for, but you still do because you're supposedly the one they would talk to since you're the one who indirectly finished the whole war.

You stood up and waited patiently for the mentioned man to enter.

Soon, a man with his hair turning white and a long wooden stick to guide him in his feet appeared.

Quickly, you bowed down to greet. "Hello Uncle Baek. My name is Lee Y/N."

He stood blankly for a moment, surprised to see you greet with the traditional manners.

Cause.. apparently.. Taeyong and his brothers didn't know anything about that.

So they didn't do anything and just went straight to the point that they need his house or he will use flames for permission.

Kun had to smack Taeyong in his head before teaching them about greetings first. And how he's no longer living into Supernatural World where he can be a quite bossy.

Add up how they used to be the 'monster group' and haven't interacted to anyone since then, they mostly think things go that way.

With a belief that powerful words and known name makes other people automatically know your intention.

"Uncle Baek?" Taeil asked, confused to see the man still standing in a distance.

Uncle Baek cleared his throat, bowing down shortly in response. "So.. you're really Lee Y/N? And you're indeed a human?"

"Uhm, y-yeah.. I guess?" You scratched your eyebrows.

It's complicated to even think of your identity, let alone to explain it.

"No need for introduction. Chittaphon, that man mostly known as Ten, already told me a lot of things about you. And it does seem like it." He smiled halfway, walking towards a place to pour himself a cup of water.

Immediately, you paced towards him and poured it for him instead. "I'm sorry. What were you saying? I don't seem to understand."

"Well.. Ten has been friends with me for awhile. That kind kid helped me with certain things. I met him while he is being a spy here in the middle of the woods. Then it happens that I know about the famous urban legends, Supernaturals. I joked about him probably being one which turns out to be true." Uncle Baek chuckled, reminiscing the first time he met Ten. "I thought he brought harm. But he explained himself that he's just a wanderer watching for someone. And he said your name."

"Oh.." You scratched the back of your head. "I'm surprised you still remember my name."

"Because your name keeps coming out of his mouth. He always tell things about you and he even admitted watching you without making me feel like he is a stalker because he already said you're some sort of assignment to him." Uncle Baek continued, which made a series of fake coughs and clear throats at your back echoed.

Lee Donghyuck have the loudest one.

Before you could cut the answer of the accommodating Uncle Baek, he already continued.

"He was always excited to tell me stories about you, and I am excited to hear about it because his vibe radiates it all. That man is definitely happy." He suddenly grabbed a stool which made you scratch your throat uncomfortably.

It seemed like he is getting a little more comfortable about telling stories and it makes the air.. a little more awkward.

"He told me what you experienced in a day while watching you, if your day went well or if there's something that made it bad. I didn't really cared at first but that's what Ten was talking about." Uncle Baek smiled. "I never even got to know about his brothers until now."

"Really? Why?" Yuta jumped in the conversation.

"I mean he always talks about Y/N!" The old man laughed with his eyes turning into crescent, genuinely adoring that side of Ten. "I actually think he likes you."

"Oh, didn't he say that?" Johnny pouted his lips, looking at you silently.

Sicheng who was near sleeping seconds ago sat up properly, his veins coming to wake up like a caffeinated system. "Never knew that Uncle Baek is really fun to talk to."

"I am confused at first. I didn't know if she is her brother, a cousin, or whatever. He kept denying." Uncle Baek answered and it created different kinds of responses that agrees.

Everyone is on the same boat trying to figure out who's Ten in your life.

"Aren't we all?" Mark whispered and stifled a laughter.

Uncle Baek sighed, "I knew he was a Mind Reader. I didn't really said it loud but I kept on thinking he likes this girl named Y/N. And.. he didn't deny it."

"Oh." Taeil scratched his eyes. "Can you tell us what did he told about Y/N after you concluded that?"

"Okaaay. I think this is enough." You clapped your hand. "I want to visit the young ones now."

"You can go visit them. We'll talk with Uncle Baek a little more." Taeyong tilted his head and presented his beautiful eyes. "And might as well visit Ten after."

They are obviously just teasing you but you are too much of an overthinker take anything as a joke right now.

You were taken aback on what Taeyong said and was about to demand him to take back what he said but Uncle Baek was there to cut you off again.

"It is lovely meeting you. I thought you are scary like how some people explained you since you are known to be strongest, no doubt. But you're not scary at all." He chuckled lightly.

"She's a precious small bean." Jungwoo added, as though he's not the same.

Uncle Baek turned his head to the boys behind you. "Why isn't anyone going to accompany her?"

Almost in full speed, Taeil nudged his brothers and Mark and Donghyuck was forced to stand up.

Since they are the youngest, they failed to defend themselves by their brothers who'd mindlessly point at them.

Not like it is against their will to be with you anyway.

▪︎

▪︎

▪︎

▪︎

"You're lucky. Uncle Baek is rigid and tough. I wonder why is he kind to you." Mark complained while the three of you are in your way to visit Renjun and the other six.

You didn't expect it was quite far away but it was still a nice walk because of the fresh air from the farm and woods.

"Uncle is just scared of Y/N because she's the strongest." Donghyuck cackled in an evil way before hanging his arms around your shoulder.

"That's not it." You shook your head.

"Uncle isn't like that to most girls or young-- like really young boys. But he is mean to us, guys. I think it's because he want to make boys as a tough man. Get my point?" Mark peeked at the two of you for an answer.

"Yes. I remember my father told me that everytime he visit a village, grandpas over there always expect teenage boys to man up. Maybe it's some sort of tradition." You agreed, although it makes you feel a little disappointed that such standards exist.

Perhaps, Uncle Baek's perceptions is one of those not-so-common thing. Each person have special beliefs to be respected, even if it is different from the traditional one.

Donghyuck scoffed, trying to fight for his claim. "He's just scared of my Y/N-nie."

"How are the Beginners anyway? I haven't seen Chan, if I am not mistaken with the name?" You changed the topic before it turns into a debate which isn't necessary.

"They decided to clean up the place and slaughter the experimental ones," replied Donghyuck.

You felt a strong feeling creeping on you after analyzing what he said. "Uhh.. you will all just going to kill them? But what if there's a chance for them to change?"

They stopped walking, making you do the same.

With a blank expression, basically deadpanning at you, Mark licked his lips. "That's a waste of time. You have to think about the practical thing instead of your heart for a moment. What if there's no chance?"

"I mean.. we can easily kill them the moment we found out we can't really revive them." You suggested, frowning.

"And they could easily hurt other people too the longer we let them live." Donghyuck sighed, distressed. "I see you have to use emotions and heart when deciding but that's not really all when it comes to such situations like this."

You decided to forfeit on your claims. Mark and Donghyuck will mostly support you on whatever decision you have and you'll team up to talk about it at the older guys, but they are completely against it now.

You raised your arm in defeat. "My bad then. Sorry. I was just thinking what if Chenle and Jisung is one of them? Come to think of it. We could've been friends with those who still have a chance."

Donghyuck looked at Mark with a meaningful gaze. "We lost. Her two favourites are mentioned."

"After creating this big Lee Trio, making memories, pranking the brothers.. all you want is Jisung and Chenle." Mark even went along with the act, his eyelids fluttering but the little mischief of smile is still visible, bringing transparency on whatever they are up to.

"Tss. Stop being dramatic." You wrapped your hands on both of their arms before forcing them to walk with you once again. "Speaking of them, I was too spaced out fighting Inha and her stuff. How did Chenle and Jisung protected themselves?"

Donghyuck shut his eyes, recalling what he witnessed. "They are stronger than the rest of their group."

"I get shivers everytime I look at those two during the battle. It was almost like they are your carbon copy. They are definitely not their real selves and it was terrifying to even look at them." Mark gritted his teeth and looked at you with bubbles of endearment circling in his eyes. "That's why I really admire you for killing the other human experiments. You're so great, I'm so proud."

"Jisung and Chenle only blinked back with their black iris when you killed Inha. I almost thought they wouldn't go back and will fight us next." Donghyuck added, his eyes encircled wide because of how much passionate he is telling stories.

The whole journey, all you could hear was them praising the two human. It was like two friends gossiping about a movie they just watched.

You feel really proud because of how much they accomplished even without your watch. They used to depend on you about the little steps they are supposed to take.

"We're actually here." Mark suddenly paused on hyping up the words Donghyuck was saying.

You didn't fail to notice the sudden drop at the tone of his voice.

But you couldn't ask about it since a scream of pain caught your attention.

Donghyuck furrowed his brows and lead the line. "What's with the noise?"

"That's Sungchan..?" Mark raised his brow and grabbed your hand. He pulled you and trailed behind Donghyuck to enter the place.

"What is he suddenly yelling for? Did he sensed Y/N's coming so he had to act up that it hurts that bad?" Donghyuck murmured.

"Lee Haechan, I swear to the Gods of Thunder." You furrowed your brows.

"Hehe. I was just kidding." He cleared his name before finally entering the place with both you and Mark behind.

The place the moment you entered made you feel heavy. A strong forced bumped on you and you felt breathless to be inside. It feels as if you carry a dark mist over your shoulders.

"Uhh.." Mark wrapped his hands at the end of your shoulders, an apologetic look in his face. "We've just been trying to fool around and all, but it's really been bad for them. We didn't want to stress you as soon as you wake up, but this is actually the reality."

Looking back, you will probably want to express your annoyance. But now that you've experience such things, your appreciation and understanding won over anything.

"It's okay." You nodded, ruffling his hair not enough to destroy it.

Donghyuck lend his arms open. "Jaemin's room is the nearest. Then you can check the other's after."

The two guys decided to assist the people who's currently assigned to take care of the critical status of the seven men. You gently knocked at the door, feeling nervous for some reasons.

You entered the room and the bright lit sun peeking at the transparency of curtains welcomed you.

Jaemin was laying at the bed, bags forming under his eyes and visibly struggling to sit properly.

"Hey.. whoever you are, can you ask for more soup? My throat's hurting." He requested with a hoarse voice.

You scoffed, approaching him and crossing your arms. "You seriously going to ask for soup instead of greeting the person first?"

"I can barely wake my system u-- Wait. That voice sounds like.." Jaemin tilted his head, forcing himself to sit properly and finally look up at you. His tired face beamed one of the brightest smile. "I knew it."

"What's up?" You sighed and approached him, looking worriedly.

You can't believe this is your same classmate pestering you every lunch time everytime you prefer to not come out even for a few minutes after the bell rung.

"Glad you are awake now." He cleared his throat, acting all right now.

"Stop drinking soup and get some sleep." You scolded.

"I tried. Only got nightmares." Jaemin bit his cheeks. "All I can recall was Inha."

"Forget about her. Her heart will be in a museum one day, trust me. She's gone now. Everything's okay." You reassured, grabbing the pillows all around him and wrapping it all around the bed. "Sleep."

Jaemin was visibly scared, not wanting to do so. But looking at you, a wave of peace and calmness took over him.

"I'll.. try." He shrugged.

"I have an ability to make nightmares disappear. I'll stay here 'till you fall asleep."

"What you going to do? Stare at my face?" He giggled, scrunching his nose.

"I'll visit you in your dream and hit you there instead because you are physically bruised in reality." You rolled your eyes which made him laugh even louder.

He wrapped himself into blanket and cozied up. "Still got the temper."

After seeing Jaemin fell asleep, you stood up and went on to leave.

Of course, the ability to wash up nightmares isn't real. But it made him relieved and that's what matters.

As soon as you closed his door, you couldn't hide the emotional pain that started to hit on your chest.

You've only met one out of seven but it already shows how damage they are currently experiencing.

Somehow, you hate how Inha's already dead, the world revolves fine, the sun wakes up again; but the special people around you is suffering.

Is that a selfish thought? You don't even care anymore. The world's always unfair.

|     |     |     |     |

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

1M 35.4K 104
She was young. She was average. She was the one they wanted. It was common for them to get a little obsessed. Cold, Heartless, And dangerous, T...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
155K 8.5K 41
[the enemy of my enemy is my friend] a game of cards, a game of two organisations. in which there is more than meets the eye. ...
A Different Virus: Heartfire Від Crystal Scherer

Наукова фантастика

9.9M 500K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...