Just a bunch of Deku AUs

By AShapeshiftingIdiot

I have at least, like, 20 ideas for Deku AUs, whether it's original ideas (hopefully) or my own spin on more... More

Author's Notes (Can Skip If You Want)
Any Requests?
Villain Deku (Timeline Summary)
Support Course Deku (Short Summary)
Dragon Quirk AU (Summary)
9 Random AU Ideas!
Cat/Neko AU (Timeline/Origin Story)
Dadzawa AU (Timeline/Summary)
Crimminal AU (Bulletpoints)
Life Update! (not an AU)
WOAH HI HELLO (not an AU)

Zombie Apocalypse Deku (Origin Story)

294 3 2
By AShapeshiftingIdiot

Requested by @JamestheChopper! It didn't include many details, so this may not be how you envisioned it, but I hope you enjoy nevertheless!

TW: D3ath, Bl00d, $uic1de Baiting and $uic1d^l thoughts

Type: Origin Story

Also, some bullet points about this universe!

-Quirks never developed, and most of the characters have normally colored hair (Some people dye or bleach theirs. As an example, Deku has black hair instead of green, but Mina dyes her hair pink)

-Heroes are replaced with actors/singers/etc.

-UA is popular because of how many people who went there go on to become famous

-Midoriya was still bullied for being a 'weak nerd,' and Shinso was still judged because of how creepy he seemed. 

Okay, now onto the actual chapter!

It had been several months since it had started. Deku should be in high school right now. His biggest worries should just be about making friends and if his crush liked him back, not whether or not he would live to see the next sunrise. 

The first day the zombies came was the same day a new singer, called Mt. Lady, had hit the stage. With her upbeat and inspiring attitude, she was sure to quickly become a crowd favorite. The danger didn't come until late afternoon. Deku was being the laughingstock of his class again. This time, Bakugou even went as far as to tell him that with how much of a burden he was, taking a swan dive off of a roof would be more helpful to everyone around him. 

He was walking home when the attacks started. A zombie with sickly green flesh grabbed him and nearly killed him, until All Might, one of if not the most popular actors in Japan, stepped in and saved him. Saying Deku was surprised to see his idol would be a understatement. Izuku was utterly shocked, and even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse, asked for the actor's autograph. Although All Might gave it to him, he left soon after, saying how Izuku would be better off finding someone he knew and that this was no time for fanboying. This was serious, and Izuku needed to realize that sooner rather than later. 

Then, Izuku saw a horde of zombies nearly murder his ex-friend/bully, Bakugou. Without thinking, he rushed in and managed to buy Bakugou a few more seconds of time. Again, All Might saved them. While All Might was checking on Bakugou, Izuku decided to run back home and pray his mother was still alive. There was food and water at his house, and if anyone was looking for him, he'd be in a easy spot to find. 

His plans were shattered to pieces when he saw what state his apartment complex and surrounding neighborhood was in. It was overrun by zombies, and Deku knew there was no way he could get in to find his mother. He could only pray she was safe, and focus on his own survival for the time being. 

That was when All Might showed up yet again. He apologized to Midoriya for leaving him behind earlier, and agreed to help him survive the current apocalypse. When Deku asked what happened to Bakugou, All Might explained that he had ran off once All Might turned his back, saying something about how he 'didn't need help from an extra like him.'

For a couple of months, life was as good as life in a zombie apocalypse could get. All Might trained Deku as best he could, and they both managed to save each other's backs a couple of times. They had some sort of father-son relationship, and they both trusted the other with their life. 

Then, one day, a couple of weeks before Deku would've been trying for UA, All Might disappeared on a mission to get food. Deku stayed at their makeshift camp for over a week before giving up and assuming the worst. This took quite a toll on Deku, because as far as he knew, everyone he had ever cared about was dead. He started to consider ending it all, just so he could escape the struggles of his current life. However, Deku pushed through, knowing that killing himself wouldn't be what All Might - or anyone else - wanted him to do.

Those couple of weeks were rough. Whenever Deku wasn't having a mental breakdown or searching for food, he was traveling. Searching for someone, anyone that hadn't been infected. He barley let himself sleep or even just stop to rest, for fear that he would be killed while unconscious. This made him look so sickly he almost looked like one of the zombies. He did, however, find some things that could be of use to him, which he stole from corpses or found on the side of the street: stuff like a plastic water bottle (which Deku kept refilling), an empty notebook and pen (which he used to document his day-to-day life, and list of people he knew were dead), and, after finding a dead group of un-infected corpses (one of which he unfortunately recognized as a middle school classmate of his), several weapons, including a baseball bat and a short tree branch, which had been sharped on one end by a particularity pointy rock. Deku stashed these in his backpack and kept moving until he reached UA, which surprisingly was still intact. Deku scouted around the area for a while, looking to see if UA was a safe place to stay or not, until he met a group of survivors.

He had been on top of a roof, trying to get a view through one of UA's windows, when he noticed a girl nearby the school's walls fighting off a horde of zombies by herself. Deku's heart nearly stopped when he noticed one grab her by the collar and prepare to bite into her neck, as if it was not only a zombie but a vampire. Deku again jumped in without thinking, and managed to hit the zombie in the head with his baseball bat before it could infect the girl. However, before either of them could say anything, a group of more survivors ran in. One, a black-haired student with glasses, noticed Izuku, mistaking him for one of the zombies. He ran in surprisingly quick and punched Deku away from the girl. Deku instinctively ran away before he could explain himself, but would meet them again later on. 

Deku finally worked up the courage to look for the group again and explain himself. He went back to where the battle had previously took place when suddenly a tired-looking man with long black hair noticed him, and recognized him as the boy/zombie from a few days ago. He took Izuku into the walls of UA, where he was welcomed by hundreds of people- not only people who attended UA previously, but people his age as well, and several famous actors and singers.

Noticing how overwhelmed Izuku was, the man - who introduced himself as Aizawa - led him into what was originally a classroom- class 1-A. In the room, instead of desks and chairs, there were several sleeping bags, with backpacks to accompany each one. There were several teenagers already in the classroom, one of which Deku never expected to see again.

Kacchan.

There was a moment of awkward silence. They were all staring at him, only one with a look of recognition. He didn't know what to say. Hi? I'm the dude who saved your friend's life the other day, but you guys mistook me as a zombie due to almost a month of me just barley having enough to eat and only getting an hour of sleep on a lucky week. I hope we can be friends! Suddenly, someone ran into Deku from behind- it was that girl he had saved. She immediately recognized him and thanked her for saving her life, which caused a moment of shock in the class and an apology from the fast boy - who was named Iida - for mistaking him as an enemy before. 

Deku gave a nervous introduction of himself to the group of teenagers, deciding not to mention certain details: He never named All Might or Bakugou, decided not to mention the suicidal thoughts, and downplayed how much he had deprived himself of food and sleep. He was then given an honorary sleeping bag and a small space in the room to keep his stuff. He shared stories with some of his 'classmates,' as they insisted on calling each other, and even managed to lose his fear of Iida. Some people were shocked how long he survived, some were surprisingly chipper despite being in a zombie apocalypse, and many of them could relate to what he had gone through. Deku learned that each 'class' was sorted by two things: age and survival skills. Since Deku should've been a freshman this year, and had survived several months by 'himself,' he was sorted into 1-A. Later that day, Deku ran into another familiar face- All Might.

All Might was surprised but excited Deku was alive, although they kept the fact they knew each other before a secret from his classmates. All Might explained how he had been overwhelmed by zombies until Aizawa and a couple of his colleagues saved him. He wanted to return to Deku at first, but then he learned that there were many untrained people at UA that needed his help. Although All Might was hesitant at first, he decided that Deku could fend for himself alone, whereas many people here couldn't, so he stayed. Deku forgave him, and then focused his attention on catching up with Bakugou.

Bakugou wasn't the most ecstatic to see him again. He explained how 'these extras forced me to stay here,' and how he could've easily fended for himself, but he decided that all the idiots at UA were so useless, he was probably their only hope for survival. Although he was clear on the fact he didn't want to talk with Deku, he did ask how 'a worthless nerd like him survived,' and seemed at least a little bit concerned when Deku mentioned he didn't know if his mom was still alive. 

Deku's life started to become more normal (at least, as normal as it could be in a zombie apocalypse). He was eating and sleeping more, he started to look more healthy, and he even started to open up and be more cheerful, like how he used to be before the apocalypse started. He became friends with some of his classmates, like Iida, Uraraka, and Tsuyu, and even managed to make a boy named Todoroki come out of his shell a bit. Later on he would meet people from other classes, such as Shinsou from 1-C, Mirio from 3-A, and Monoma from 1-B. Even if some people weren't the most friendly towards him, he considered all of them his extended family. Even if he was still worried about his mom, and even if things never returned to normal, Deku was happy in his new home.

Finally, for the first time in months, Deku felt at peace.

~

Thanks for the request, @JamestheChopper! This was really fun to write!
Fun Fact: I wrote all of this in one night. It is currently 2:11 in the morning.
Thanks for reading, guys, gals, and non-binary pals! Remember to drink lots of water, and never stay up as late as I do reading/writing fanfics, because I'm an idiot and you shouldn't do what I do! Have a wonderful day/night!

Word Count: 1929

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 100 18
this is an au where the bakugou kidnapping takes place... but the rescue fails. bakudeku with some togadeku and bakutoga. **dont own art or bnha** *...
1.7K 71 8
A deep dive into Deku's mental health. Izuku Midoriya is used to being ignored. He's used to being used and abused, but that doesn't make it hurt an...
17K 171 31
I don't own the cover art or bnha/mha. This is just a collection of one chapter mini stories that I might make into full on stories. I hope you enjoy...
43.2K 2.3K 23
It was just a ridiculous event. No one knew what happened before it happened. Shigaraki, Overhaul, Aizawa as well as some hero in training met at a c...