Blindly Running into Trouble

By everyday_imstumblin

"Basically this story is about Avan who is a blind, grumpy, moody, arro-" "Okay! I think they get your po... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
Chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
Chapter 16
TEASER!! coz i'm cool like that
Chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
Blindly Running into Trouble-THE MOVIE!!!
Part I
Part II
Part lll

chapter 7

17.5K 736 180
By everyday_imstumblin

Seriously people, i was in my bed when i wrote that message to all my fans, look what you did, now i had to drag myself out of it to upload GRRR.... my sleep was ruined -_-

****

The week has passed and finally it’s Saturday. For the rest of the week, Avan and I have become really close…

“Avan, open the damn door!” I pounded the hard wood.

I think he has finally warmed up to me…

“I know you’re in there, you can’t hide from me!”I screamed

“Go away and stop kicking my door, you’ll break it!” he yelled from the other side.

Or not…

“I’ll pay for it later!” I am currently outside Avan’s house, trying to get in, but that boy won’t let me!

I heard some scuffling and a few shouts, and then finally the door opens. “Hey Devon, thanks for opening the door” he opened it wider and I walked in. There stood in front of me was a very unhappy Avan.

I pouted when I saw his face “Give up MJ, your family is against you.” I backwardly fist pumped Devon who stood behind me like a body guard. “What did you just call me?” he asked.

“MJ, your new nickname, it means Moody Jerk.” Devon let out a laugh and patted me on the back, which again caused me to stumble forward. “Good one.” He said.

“I am not-w-what are you doing?” Avan asked suspiciously.

“I’m giving you a hug; too much anger is not good for the body or the mind. So I’m cheering you up.” I grinned up at him as my arms wrap around his torso. In all honesty, I just wanted to feel his abs, hehe XD

Avan awkwardly hugged me back, laying my head on his chest Devon took this moment to speak “Well I’m going to go before this is no longer PG”

“Wait!” I called out to him; Devon stopped and waited for me.

“Do you want a hug to?” I let go of Avan and opened my arms for Devon.

Devon looked to Avan and then back to me, he then smirked and my smile faltered “Anything for you babe” the way Devon said that made me regret my offer, but I couldn’t back down because that would be mean. So I braced myself for a scary bear hug, but before Devon even could take a step, Avan wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me to his chest.

It felt possessive in a way but with Avan, I wouldn’t know.

“Devon, go away.” Avan growled at him, Devon smirked knowingly and raised his hands up in surrender and backed off. “Alright, but be ready in 15 minutes.” He said before walking off.

I looked up as far as I could to see Avan’s face “Where you going?” I asked, still wrapped in Avan’s embrace.

He just wouldn’t let me go.

“The gym, it keeps me active and keeps my mind of things.” His blindness I assume “And as you can see, Devon is my personal trainer since he his always working out.” He explained and then started tugging me up the stairs.

“No kidding, Devon is buff. It’s like his steroids…take steroids.” Avan actually laughed at that comment. It’s weird because whenever we are alone, Avan seems more open up and he actually acts normal around me. But in company, he just turns into his moody-self.

Avan knew where he was going, so we easily made it to his room. It’s hard to remember that Avan’s blind, when he walks so easily here.

As I stepped in his room, I’ve noticed his dog, curled up in a corner, asleep, but lifted his head up when he heard us enter.

“You know, you never really introduced me to your dog.” I told him as he closed the door. “Right, Ciara, Jasper, Jasper, Ciara” was all he said before going over to his drawers. He started running his fingers over some of the tags that I noticed. It must be in Braille I thought.

I walked around his room as he looked for gym clothes and noted how the floor and other objects have Braille on them. He even had his own bathroom, I took a peek and saw everything was neat and in precise positions.

Amber did the same thing in her bathroom; she made sure that specific things were placed in specific areas so she knows what she is grabbing.

I turned around only to see Avan taking of him pants. “Ahh! My virgin eyes!” I slapped my hands over them. “Relax kitty,” he chuckled arrogantly “I’m just putting on my shorts…okay; you can open your eyes now.” I peered through my fingers to see if he’s lying or not.

“Oh damn…” I whispered to myself, my eyes trailing a shirtless Avan. I licked my dry lips, as he flexed his muscles.

“You coming or not?” he said, waiting for my answer. My body suddenly went on auto-pilot, which was a horrible thing because my auto-pilot does things that I normally wouldn’t do.

For example, my left hand at the moment, is reaching out to touch Avan’s abs, I quickly took control of my right side and smacked my left hand when it was about a few inches away. Avan couldn’t see my struggling but he sure damn well can hear all the noises I’m making, though he didn’t comment on it, probably used to my antics by now.

I swear I can never have a normal day.

“Let’s go” he muttered, taking my right hand. My auto-pilot disappeared and in came my slutty side, we all have one, and mine took this moment to come out.

I blame my teenage hormones for this.

I was dreamily basking in the close contact of his body and even could feel Avan’s heat radiating off him.

We finally got to the back of the house much to my dismay; Avan opened a door and inside was a medium sized gym that linked to the backyard by the glass door opposite us. To our left was a mini lounge with a flat screen TV, and where all the towels and energy drinks were.

I guess I’ll be sitting there and watching Avan-I mean TV, woops slip of the tongue hehe.

Stepping inside, I prayed for a lot of self-control. Devon was already getting pumped; “Go sit by the couch.”Avan said letting go of my hand and expertly walked over to Devon, I also noticed that there is the same floor as the one in Avan’s bedroom that had little bumps on it; he probably followed that, not once crashing into anything.

I made my way to the couch, not once taking my eyes off Avan. This, though, caused me to bump into a few things. As I sat down, I’ve come to the conclusion that this was a bad idea. Avan working out, shirtless and my slutty side already started eye raping him.

I turned the TV on but instead of watching it, I twisted my body around to watch Avan and Devon work out…mostly Avan actually. I like his body better than Devon, he’s is too much muscle but Avan…I discreetly fanned myself.

My eyes were the only body part that was sticking out from the couch; the rest was hidden as I watched Avan starting to lift up weights.

I swear I look like a peeping tom and a pervert.

I felt movement to my left, I looked over and my eyes popped. My slutty side took over my left hand that is currently holding my phone…with the camera on, and is pointing to Avan.

‘No I mustn’t!’ I grabbed my left hand with my right

‘But you want to’

‘I must resist!” I started to struggle with my left hand, which was getting the upper hand.

‘Ciara, just one picture, no harm done’ my slutty side was very convincing.

‘Very well, only one’ I let my left hand go and it took the picture, I caught Avan, in one hand, holding one of the weights up and the other one down with the other hand. This showed off his biceps mostly but all the other muscles were flexing to.

I wiped away the drool from my lips as I stared at the photo I then turned my staring back to Avan.

I continued my staring when Devon suddenly leaned over to tell Avan something. Avan suddenly paused, holding the weights mid air; he wasn’t wearing his glasses today so it didn’t hide his face. And whatever Devon told him, caused Avan’s cheeks to turn slightly red and turn his head away.

“OMG, what did you tell him to make him blush!” I shouted from across the room, my interest peaked at Avan’s sudden shyness.

“I to-“Devon was cut off by Avan “Don’t! You dare tell her.” he hissed, but I couldn’t take him seriously when his cheeks were adorably redder. Devon rolled his eyes and said “Alright, well I’m gunna pop out for a minute-“

“Devon.” Avan warningly growled

“What, I just have to make a phone call” Devon innocently replied, he even had that I’m-doing-anything-suspicious face but we all know he is! I can see it in his mischievous eyes.

“Ciara come here for a moment.” Devon waved me over and Avan mumbled something I couldn’t hear.

“Yes Devon” I skipped my way to him, coming to a stop in front of both Avan and Devon. With curious eyes, I waited for him to speak.

“Why don’t you and Avan go sit by the pool, because I’m going to take a while. So keep him company okay?” Devon said it a bit too happily but I nodded anyway. Devon grinned and saluted before leaving the gym and going upstairs.

“Your brother’s weird.” I told Avan, who was wiping all the sweat of him with a towel. I slowly breathed in through my nose and out by my mouth, trying to control my slutty side from jumping him as I tried, badly to look away from his body.

 Avan was oblivious to my inner turmoil; he waved his hand to follow him. “Don’t look at his ass, don’t look at his sweet ass” I mumbled to myself, while staring at the ceiling. Since the ceiling was so fascinating, I didn’t see Avan stop, so inevitably, I crashed into his back.

His nice, toned muscled back. Oh baby, mama’s home!

“Ciara, all you had to do was ask and I would’ve let you touch my abs.” I could tell he had on his arrogant smirk. “I’m not touching you.” I said confused, what’s this? My hand is touching something.

It’s soft and warm but has sort bumps on it kind of like Avan’s abs.

I stiffed and froze “You finally figured it out” Avan smug voice was not helping my situation. Ever so slowly I peeled, okay, ripped my hands away from his torso that I was hugging from behind him. “Uh, I-I was looking….for…fat?” was the only thing I could think of, Avan snorted disbelievingly, he grabbed my hand and brought us to the edge of the pool.

“You know, if you keep walking like that, then I forget that you’re blind.” I told him as we sat down on the edge; I took my shoes off, rolled my pants up and then placed my feet in the cool water. Avan gave me a small smile “You’re the only person who treats me normally. My parents always baby me and sometimes they take things to the extreme. Anya and Devon are also very overprotective of me and I’m pretty sure you could tell when you met Devon”

I shivered at the memory, “I swear I saw my life flash before my eyes.” Avan laughed, and shook his head while smiling. “Yeah he does come off a bit strong.”

Avan looked like he was in a daze, so I just sat there and played with the water. “Can I ask you how it happened?” I always wanted to know if Avan was born blind or did he lose it in some accident like Amber. “I got Retinitis Pigmentosa”

“Yeah, I’m no nerd so…” I said after he didn’t explain. Avan chuckled “This is a disease usually begins when a person is young and gets worse as they get older, often leaving them blind as adults. I got it when I was 10, so in a way I did have a childhood.” He said

“Retinitis pigmentosa is actually an inherited disorder.  But in my case, the doctors said I had a new mutation that causes the disease to occur in me, even though my family doesn’t have a history with this disease” he explained, I got bored so I grabbed his hand and started to play with it but Avan just entwined it. I pouted but didn’t say anything.

“I still don’t understand why you would, become friends with me. We can’t do normal things, you know” Avan’s voice was emotionless but I could tell he was hurting. “Really, the last time I checked getting a detention is normal, giving me a piggyback is normal in a weird way, you went shopping in the mall the other day” I ticked of all the things on my fingers “So don’t tell me we don’t do normal things, and if you hang out with me long enough, I’ll get you a criminal record.”

Of course I was joking but to scare Avan, I started to laugh evilly. “You are the most, weirdest person I’ve ever met.” I didn’t take it to offense because Avan was smiling and if he’s smiling then I am too.

“Then obviously you haven’t met a lot of people” I retorted, looking to the side of his face I just couldn’t stop staring at his eyes. “You have pretty eyes” I blurted without thinking, I slapped my hand over my big mouth. I expected Avan to be all arrogant but instead he went all shy, and even a blush crept on his cheeks.

Avan turned his head so I couldn’t see it but it was too late “Hey, is that what Devon told you to make you blush earlier.” I asked curiously, “What! No!” Avan shouted incredulously, “It was nothing related to my eyes, all he said was that you-“He abruptly stopped.

 “What, tell me!” I exclaimed.

 Avan awkwardly cleared his throat, “Never mind.”

“Fine, I’ll just ask Devon, when he comes back” I huffed and crossed my arms. Avan groaned, his head was tilted back “He said….” my ears perked “Yeah…” I encouraged him.

“He said that you...looked like…you wanted to-” but I never heard the end of it, because the next thing you know, I felt someone’s hands push my back, making me tumble into the water.

It would’ve been fine, except for the fact that I CAN’T SWIM!!

“Arggg!!” I hit the water and immediately I started to panic, “Avan!” I tried to scream, but water was entering my mouth “Can’t-swim, save me!” I struggled with the words, my hands were flailing and my head was almost underwater when I heard a splash. 

Hands gripped my arm and pull me up, Avan’s other hand went securely around my waist and mine tightly around his neck.   

Avan then changed positions and held me bridal style, which is weird because that’s not how you pull someone out of the water safely. But I didn’t care because he saved me, so in the spur of the moment “Thank you so much for saving my life.” I kissed Avan’s cheek; Avan was stunned and didn’t move.

I didn’t know how he was keeping us up but I wasn’t complaining, because I get to stay in his arms more.

Avan finally snapped out of it and chuckled “You know Ciara” I turned my face to his, “You were in the shallow part of the pool-” No…way… “All you had to do was stand up” to prove his point, Avan stood up and only his waist was still underwater. So in other words, Avan just walked his way to me, while I was flailing like a fish out of water.

Okay, so this is embarrassing…

I started to blush and Avan laughed, thinking this couldn’t get any worse but boy was I wrong. I could hear more laughter to my right, snapping my head in that direction, there stood Avan’s whole family, including his parents.

My neck, cheeks and ears burned red, I quickly hid my face in the crook of Avan’s neck, this cause another round of laughter. “Ok, you can let me drown now.” I whispered in Avan’s ear, he just chuckled and headed out of the pool, with me still in his hands.

I really didn’t want to meet Avan’s parents like this, I wish a dinosaur would just come and eat me so I can be saved from this humiliation.

Damn that extinct dinosaur that didn’t come!

 ****

i'm going to bed...*walks away*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

A Solemn Promise By Laura

Historical Fiction

1.3M 79.5K 32
As Lord Adam Beresford left Ashwood, Hertfordshire for the training and education of a gentleman, he promised to return and marry his childhood best...
3.1M 130K 65
Lady Eliza Turner has no interest in finding herself a wealthy husband, she has her books, her best friend Charlotte, and plenty of opinions on what...
110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...
360K 14.2K 68
*REWRITTEN VERSION OF THIS STORY IS NOW POSTED AS HEART OF FIRE* | HIGHEST RANK: #13 in Vampire on 5/10/18 #526 in Romance on 7/12/18| She was the...