Take Back Your Story

By lostsoul3456

A high school boy decides that it is finally time to break free from his parent's control and live his life f... More

Part 1
Part 2

Part 3

1 0 0
By lostsoul3456

It has been six years since that night on the roof in Delaware, after our conversation we set up everything that we needed, and two weeks later I finally stood up for myself, taking back control of my life. Once I did that, my parents and I had a discussion about how what they were doing was suffocating for me and after about three or so months, they finally backed off, letting me take control of what I wanted to do with my life. Even though I had taken back control, I still completed high school with honors as they wanted, but I decided to take a year off to visit each state. After I took the break, I went back to school, and things got a little more hectic than I thought they would, but I got through it.

"Daddy?" a small voice called for me, "What are you doing?" I looked over and was met with the bright blue eyes of my daughter. It turned out that my girlfriend from senior year was pregnant and didn't tell me till after I got back from traveling the country. After finding out about her, I swore to myself that I would never be like my parents, and I would let her experience life to the fullest whenever she could.

"Hi sweetie, what's up?" I asked, closing my laptop so there was a place for her to sit on my lap.

"I wanna go outside." She looked at me with puppy dog eyes and added in the sweetest voice, "pleeeeeeeeeeeease." I smiled at her and nodded. A small squeal of excitement left her lips. She jumped to the ground waiting for me to get up, after standing I picked her up and started walking to the back porch. Once we got to the railing, I set her down on it still keeping my arm around her waist so she didn't fall, "Daddy look!" She pointed up at the sky, "They are soooo pretty, Daddy," I smiled looking up at the twinkling specks that lit up the night sky.

"Yeah sweetie, they're beautiful."

Word Count: 351

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1M 435K 41
When Desmond Mellow transfers to an elite all-boys high school, he immediately gets a bad impression of his new deskmate, Ivan Moonrich. Gorgeous, my...
1.1M 60.4K 39
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
11.5M 298K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...