The Prodigy | āœ”ļøŽ

By EroticMarie

"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" ā¦ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, bagg... More

-
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter

16

329K 12.7K 5.5K
By EroticMarie

REYNA

The girl looked me up and down like she was sizing me up. I noticed the way her narrowed eyes lingered on my breasts before falling to my hips. She pursed her lips together as jealousy raged in her copper gaze.

Just in a snap, she slapped a fake smile onto her face like an actress. The only people who could obtain such skill were either a politician or in the mafia. "Hello, I'm Cecilia, the governor's daughter!"

The governors daughter. Of course, a politician.

I found it strange that she felt the need to use those words in order to introduce herself. She was threatening me with her status-her power-her weapons all while maintaining a smile on her face.

"Hi, Gabriella Martinez," I introduced myself. Stepping toward her, I slipped out of Saint's hold and offered my hand. She didn't like that. There was a small twitch in her lips as she shook my hand with her firm grip.

Cecilia had cold hands that probably imitated her heart. Any woman who married Saint had to be just as heartless as he was.

"Gabriella Martinez," she mocked. "I have never heard of you."

Before I could respond, Saint grabbed me by my arm and tugged me back to his side. I had forgotten all about his rules; if anyone spoke to me, he wanted me to walk away.

"Saint, what are you doing here with her? Since when do you bring women to events? It's embarrassing to me," Cecilia said.

"I can bring whoever the fuck I want. I thought I told your father that if he didn't get you the hell away from me, I would kill him. Do you want to be the cause of your daddy's death? If not, then get the hell on," Saint spat.

She visibly flinched at his words.

A frown oozed onto my face as she spared one last glance between the two of us before walking away.

"Why would you treat your wife that way?" I spoke up, knowing I would probably pay for my reckless perceptions.

"She isn't my wife," was all he said.

He walked me toward an empty table. It was small and round, but big enough for about five people. There was a white table cloth on it with a gold vase and red roses placed in the center. Saint pulled out a white chair that had gold lining all around it. I thanked him after sinking down into the soft cushion.

"I'm going to speak with some people for a minute. Sit here, and don't move, am I understood?" he challenged. I obediently nodded my head, watching as he walked toward the back of the ball.

He was going straight for the expensive looking men drinking and smoking like they owned the place. I knew it was his kind of crowd from the moment I walked in-the crowd of dirty rich people who manipulated the system.

As I sat there, my gaze traveled over to the orchestra. They were so polished, and I found myself wondering what it would be like to be up there. I wanted to play again like I played all those years ago. I yearned for the color to rise from my feet and settle into my heart.

"They do sound beautiful, don't they?" a deep voice questioned from behind me. I jumped, turning to face the man. He had wavy brown hair atop his head, smoldering hazel eyes, a light stubble prancing on his cheeks and mustache area. I even took in the perfectly shaped eyebrows and pointed nose.

Saint warned me not to talk to anyone, but I didn't want to be rude.

Deliberately, I nodded my head, turning back to face the orchestra, hoping the man would just walk away. Instead, he sat down beside me with his tall glass of champagne.

"I'm shocked to see someone as stunning as you all alone. What's your name?" he asked. I turned to look for Saint, but I found that he was nowhere near.

"Gabriella Martinez," I lied. He nodded his head, a breathtaking smile on his lips, showing off his flawless set of white teeth. I watched as he sat his champagne down on the table.

"Nice to meet you, Gabriella. My name is Dante Morelli," he introduced.

I had to stop myself from freezing, but I couldn't blanket the extra pounding of my heart. Dante Morelli. The son of the infamous mafia boss. He was one of the four Italian crime families, all known for their murderous skill. I knew all about him, and the thought struck my spine.

"Oh, yes, nice to meet you." I cleared my throat, trying to look anywhere but at him.

I was too scared that he would see right through me. He would know I was Red, and he'd kill me on the spot.

Where is Saint?

He chuckled. "So, do you play?"

My brows furrowed. Was he referring to my computer? Was he aware of who I truly was?

I gulped. "Play what?"

"Violin, of course. I saw you staring at them. It's what made me come over here. Not only that, but you looked quite lonely and bored. My family hosts this charity event only once a year, and I'd hate for anyone to not enjoy it," he explained.

Solace gleamed through me like a glow. Maybe he wasn't aware. My true identity was safe as long as I continued to be careful with my words.

Never was I the kind of girl that talked to boys, or anyone for that matter. Everything I did was done by my fingers as I typed away in search of my mother. Now, as I looked at a very handsome man, pretending to be someone I wasn't, I was stuck. I didn't want to say the wrong thing. I wanted to be the girl men found irresistible, but the pressure was almost too much to bear.

"Um, yeah, I-I played when I was, you know, younger," I stammered, wanting to slam my head into a brick wall.

He nodded, a smile tugging on his lips.

"Come on then," he beckoned.

My brows furrowed as he gently grabbed my arm. I almost grimaced as Saint's words played out in my head like a warning-if a man or woman touches you, tell me.

Still, I said nothing as Dante walked me to the stage. We had to push past many couples dancing to the soft music until we got there. I shot a glance behind me, hoping to find Saint, but I still couldn't see him.

Dante walked me to the back before dragging me on stage.

"Hey, can I borrow your violin for a moment?" Dante asked one of the men who was dressed in all black. The violinist appeared like he knew exactly who Dante was because he quickly nodded his head and handed him the violin.

"What are you going?" I asked.

"I want to hear you play." He chuckled.

I watched with wide eyes as he handed the violin off to me. Reluctantly, I gripped the wooden instrument.

The orchestra paused seeing as they were down a violin, and they probably needed every sound.

Guests were still chatting, pretending like the music hadn't stopped, but every person in the orchestra was watching me-waiting for my next move.

I carefully brought the violin up so I could rest my chin on the chinrest. Bringing the bow up to the strings, I shut my eyes.

It was almost as if electricity danced on the pads of my fingers, unlocking memories that had been sealed shut for so long. All of my violin rehearsals and recitals. All of the smiles my mother gave. All of the cheers and whistles that showered on me when I finished a piece. I was that happy kid again. The one that got away. I was the girl before my childhood was stolen from me.

There I was... running in a field of flowers and chasing through smiles and laughter with my mother holding my small hand. The sound of my violin was orchestrating everything that words couldn't tell. Mom was so near-the fresh scent of lavender that swayed on her skin was so much more distinguished than all the flowers in the field.

She held me when the monsters swayed in my nightmares. She saw the stars in me back when I was nothing but a cloudy sky. She filled me up with her tenderness and taught me to let it seep from my good heart.

Her every smile, laugh, and cliché thumbs-up was right in front of me, but it was so far away. I reached out to hug her, but she was gone. The woman who made my life worth living was now only a figment in my imagination. She once promised me later, but just like her, later never came.

I hadn't realized my eyes were closed and my hand was moving until clapping began to litter my eardrums. Slowly, I peeled my eyelids back to gaze at all the unfamiliar faces. Each of them were watching me intensely, some even had tears.

"Wow, that was amazing," I could hear Dante whisper into my ear.

Even though there were probably hundreds of eyes on me, all I could focus on was one in particular-Saint's.

-
Instagram: amarieauthor
Twitter: amarieauthor
Facebook: authoramarie
Tiktok: amarieauthor
Website: amarieauthor.org

Random chapter... I know. I have been feeling really inspired with this book recently and I'm not too sure why. However, I'm loving it!

Thank you so much for reading! I love you guys so so so so so so much! Also, The Prodigy now has over 300k reads which is insane. You are all amazing!

Question: what do you think of Reyna's character?

See you all next update! Love you!
-A. Marie

Please vote.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 2.5K 29
"Remember how wet you were when you decide to start avoiding me again. Remember how you came all over me. Remember how you felt in this exact moment...
3.8K 211 43
Sana is the student of IT (Information Technology). Or should I say she was . She can hack every device she wants but she never try to do it because...
522K 11.6K 62
š‚šŽšŒšš‹š„š“š„šƒ āœ”ļøŽ š“š‡š„ š€š‹š‹šˆš€šš‚š„ š’š„š‘šˆš„š’ ššŽšŽšŠ šˆ "This is a dangerous game you're trying to play. Remember that in the end, thi...
735K 16.5K 27
Copyright Ā© 2020 by -ariscripts All rights reserved My whole body was warm, tingles were spread all around my core, and my legs were shaking as Enz...