REIGNING VIXEN | Edmund Peven...

By project_deceiver

COMPLETED | ❝ Some journeys take us far from home. Some adventures lead us to our destiny. ❞ ━ in which... More

ʀᴇɪɢɴɪɴɢ ᴠɪxᴇɴ
ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪ: ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪᴏɴ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʀᴅʀᴏʙᴇ
ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴀᴛʜ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ: ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴɪɴɢ ꜰᴀᴠᴏᴜʀꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: ʜᴏᴛ ᴘᴇᴠᴇɴꜱɪᴇ ᴛᴇᴀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ᴅʀᴀᴍᴀᴛɪᴄ ᴇxɪᴛꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀ: ꜱᴛʀᴜᴛᴛɪɴɢ ɪɴ ɴᴀʀɴɪᴀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ: ᴍᴀᴛᴄʜʙᴏx ᴏꜰ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪx: ᴏʙꜱᴇʀᴠɪɴɢ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴏᴍᴘᴀ ʟᴏᴏᴍᴘᴀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ꜱᴡᴇᴇᴛ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ: ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀɪɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ: ꜱɴɪᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴇᴇꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ: ᴡɪᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ: ꜱʜᴇᴅ ᴀ ᴛᴇᴀʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴜɢʟʏ ᴡᴇᴇᴘᴇʀꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ʙᴜʀɴ ᴀ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ: ꜰɪɴᴀʟʟʏ ᴄʀᴏᴡɴᴇᴅ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴅᴀᴛᴇ ᴏʀ ꜰᴜɴᴇʀᴀʟ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ: ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ ʀᴇɢʀᴇᴛ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴍᴏᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴄʟɪɴɢʏ ꜰᴇᴠᴇʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ: ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ᴊᴜᴠᴇɴᴇꜱᴄᴇɴᴄᴇ
ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɪ: ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇ ᴄᴀꜱᴘɪᴀɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ: ʜᴇʀ ɢᴜɪᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴅᴏᴜʙʟᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴘʀɪꜱᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ᴅʀᴏᴡɴᴇᴅ ꜱᴏʀʀᴏᴡꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀ: ᴀɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ: ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ ʙᴇᴀʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪx: ꜱɪʟᴇɴᴛ ᴘᴀɪɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ: ᴀꜱʟᴀɴ'ꜱ ᴍɪꜱꜱɪᴏɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ᴜɴᴄᴀɴɴʏ ʀᴇꜱᴇᴍʙʟᴀɴᴄᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ: ᴄʟᴀɪʀᴀᴜᴅɪᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴇᴄʜᴏᴇꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ: ᴛʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ ᴅᴜᴄᴋꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ: ꜱᴛᴜʙʙᴏʀɴ ᴍɪꜱᴛᴀᴋᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ: ʀᴇᴅᴇᴇᴍɪɴɢ ꜰʟᴀᴡꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ ꜱʜᴇʟʟꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ: ʀᴇꜱᴛᴏʀᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴘᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴋɴɪɢʜᴛʟʏ ꜱᴏʀᴄᴇʀᴇꜱꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴜɴᴅʏɪɴɢ ꜰᴀɪᴛʜ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴜɴɪꜰʏɪɴɢ ᴄᴏʟʟɪꜱɪᴏɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ: ɢɪɢɢʟɪɴɢ ʙᴜꜰꜰᴏᴏɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ: ᴅᴇᴘᴀʀᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴇᴇ
ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɪɪ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴏʏᴀɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀᴡɴ ᴛʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ: ꜱᴡᴀɴ ʟᴀᴋᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴛɪᴛᴛʟᴇ-ᴛᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ᴘʜʏꜱɪᴄᴀʟ ʀᴇꜱᴘᴏɴꜱᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀ: ʙᴏᴜɴᴅʟᴇꜱꜱ Qᴜᴇꜱᴛɪᴏɴꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ: ᴀʟᴛᴇʀɴᴀᴛɪɴɢ ʙᴇᴛᴡᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪx: ᴘʟᴀᴄɪᴅ ʜᴀᴢᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ: ꜱᴛᴇᴀᴅɪʟʏ ᴀᴍᴇʟɪᴏʀᴀᴛɪɴɢ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ᴄʜᴀʀᴍɪɴɢʟʏ ʙᴀꜱʜꜰᴜʟ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ: ᴀꜱᴛᴏɴɪꜱʜɪɴɢ ʀᴇᴠᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ: ɢʀᴀɴᴛɪɴɢ ʙᴇꜱᴛᴏᴡᴀʟꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ: ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀᴏᴜꜱ ᴜɴᴋɴᴏᴡɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ: ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ᴠɪᴄᴛɪᴍ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴍɪʀᴀᴄᴜʟᴏᴜꜱ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇꜱꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴄᴀʟᴍ ᴘᴏɴᴅᴇʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ: ꜰᴀᴍɪʟɪᴀʀ ᴠɪꜱɪᴛᴏʀꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ: ꜰʀᴀᴄᴛᴜʀᴇᴅ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴄʜᴀꜱɪɴɢ ꜰʀᴀɢᴍᴇɴᴛꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴜɴʟᴏᴄᴋᴇᴅ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴜɴʙᴏᴜɴᴅ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ: ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴜɴɴᴀᴍᴇᴅ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ: ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴜɴᴠᴇɪʟᴇᴅ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴜɴꜱᴇᴡɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ꜱʜᴀᴘᴇᴅ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴄᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ꜰᴏᴜʀ: ᴡᴀʀᴍɪɴɢ ꜰᴀʀᴇᴡᴇʟʟ
ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴠɪxᴇɴ
ɪᴍᴍᴇɴꜱᴇ ᴀᴘᴘʀᴇᴄɪᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴍᴀɪɴꜱ

1.8K 86 243
By project_deceiver

➹₊•°༉彡˚✧

MYTHS STEERING TOWARDS ANOTHER is best to describe the act I was suddenly forced into. It is in yourself to believe in something that are said to be mere fairytales, but it wasn't a big deal especially if I was also recently mentioned to be one. From the moment I awoke after being unconscious, I was fairly surprised with how I wasn't staring right at my passed corpse. Because how in the world did I just land myself in the middle of a forest where all my injuries were wrapped neatly in bandages.

My brain racked the memories of what had transpired last night, only remembering how I fell into sleep after I had clashed my bracelets. It felt like there was something temporarily missing inside my mind, still having difficulty in processing what really happened after the gates were closed.

Standing up from my position, my eyes just now focused itself on the makeshift roof of where I was laid. I searched for the healing wounds on my body, eyebrow furrowing when I saw no trace of an arrow lodged there.

“Your Majesty?” A deep voice snapped myself out of my confusion, facing a faun who just entered my covered vicinity. He quickly bowed respectfully before rushing outside, my ears catching how he was calling some names that were familiar.

“She's awake?” Another male had questioned, multiple footsteps nearing my spot. Upon seeing their faces, I then tilted my head slightly in puzzlement.

“Am I dead?” Who knew those words were the first thing to come out of my mouth, receiving amused chuckles from the varied lot.

Just before me were ten Narnians that my brain finally recalled were the ones left inside the castle. They were the group I could have sworn were those I had failed to lead into safety. Four knightly mice were humbly staring up at me, just behind them stood three joyful fauns. On a little bit to the left was a curious dwarf, happiness filling his strings despite his face being grumpy. My eyes travelled to the tallest one in the group, the recognizable minotaur standing proudly in front of me. Asterius was the one who held the gates open for the others to exit freely, ignoring the struggles of carrying a huge weight just for his companions to be safe.

“Do we look like we're dead?” The dwarf sarcastically threw back, getting a harsh shove from one of the fauns.

“It depends if you want to be. We could make you one right now,” Of course I wouldn't be one to shut my own mouth, barking right back at his statement. I then faced the only centaur in the group, recollecting him as one of Glenstorm's three sons. “How long have I been dozing off?”

“Not too long,” Rainstone replied, my gaze turning to how none of us had a single piece of armour. “You had only small cuts and bruises on your arms, prompting your recovery to be faster in speed.”

“And what of the reason we wear no protection?” The only thing left on my body was the clothes I wore under my coats of mail, merely sporting the usual things I adorn when training.

“You don't remember?” Asterius asked in bewilderment, the others furrowing their faces in agreement to him. I trailed my eyes away from them in thought, frowning with a shake of my head when I still failed to see things clearly.

“In the midst of their temporal blindness, you quickly gathered all of us to take our armours off,” While the centaur explained things slowly, my mind was working wonders of the scene. Memories were flooding in my mind along with his words.

If I did do what he said, that would only mean one thing. I successfully brought them to another way out of the castle, all the while leaving no traces for the enemies to know that we survived.

“You mentioned how they would realize our physical bodies are gone due to the powerful force of your magic,” He continued informing me, bringing my head to finally put together the missing remembrance of last night. “Along with them thinking that we would also die the same way you did, because we were gathered just right beside their rumoured sorceress.”

“So I was right then. We technically are dead to them.” I smugly faced the only cranky one in the group, him playfully rolling his eyes.

Would this have meant we were also recognized as lost ones for the other Narnians? It would be reasonable since I don't feel any sort of bustling troops right outside the small makeshift tent these ten had made, also because the others would be right beside me when I wake up if we did make it to Aslan's How.

“Well, if you put it like that, yes.” One mouse agreed, adorably stood there with only his sheathed sword by his waist.

“How are you here? Couldn't the four of you just pass through the gates with ease and went with the others?” I questioned the mice, now just realizing that they were free to escape with their leader Reepicheep.

Stepping forward, the smallest of them then stated their reason. “Our position was far too dangerous if we rushed off towards the others, it led us to decide that we shall join your humble escapade.”

Nodding at him in understanding, I just labelled his words that they wanted to accompany this little group. Of course they still had time to slide through the bars, their size was a great advantage of being secured of their safety. So there was indeed some part of them that had the mind of exploring my own path.

“One last thing, where did we leave from?” They were silent for a few seconds before snickers suddenly echoed from them. I stood there with lack of certainty, having no idea what was worth to laugh at.

“You told us you were a monkey.” One faun mused, a bright grin on his features.

“Which you quite literally became one.” Another smack was sent to the dwarf, him grumbling at the bullying. I just shook my head at him with a chuckle, seeing my own attitude in him.

“After the armour situation, you led us to the farthest side of the castle where no eyes could see. Swung up the wall then told us to climb using your lasso—” Asterius' declaration went interrupted, releasing a snicker to come from me.

“To which you told us you were a princess named Rapunzel and that you were letting down your hair.”

“Shut up, faun! That is not important,” The minotaur scolded before continuing where he left off. “Then just right after we escaped successfully, you lost consciousness due to exhaustion.”

I bobbed my head in apprehension, later shaking off their gratefulness when they started saying thank you for being aided. My head was now forming some sort of plan, briefly thinking of some past things that I listed off. One gift was left remaining for me to gather, followed by the last weapon I had which was my sword. But in order to get those two, I needed to bide myself some time.

“Have you well–rested?” I questioned first, getting nods from them all. My lips curled softly in appreciation, glad they already eased off for our journey. “Where are we?”

Rainstone led us to go outside the provisional room, my eyes studying the tall arrays of trees. It was a good spot to make camp, away from the eyes of our enemy's onlookers. “Currently on a small forest located North of Beruna and South of the Telmarine Castle.”

“Right before the bridge?” I inquired thoughtfully, finding a path we could safely use. The centaur nodded as an answer, making me try remembering what I could in regards of the map.

“If we go right now and pass by the great Western Woods, we'd probably make it back to the How by sundown.” I suggested, already making a move to start our journey. But then a soft hand pulled me to a halt, myself turning to look back at them.

“Or we could go to the Gorge, down where your lot once travelled from.” The dwarf, named Brinkkin, pointed out.

“But the trees on the way there could've already been shaved to a minimum, we could be easily spotted by the humans.” A faun went to cancel his idea, myself nodding in agreement.

“We could make a huge circle back to Trufflehunter's cave?”

“No, it would only prolong our trip. From what I heard before we left, Telmar was planning to move their troops through the bridge by tomorrow's dawn.” Rainstone disagreed, shutting down the recommendation of the mouse.

Scratching my nape in annoyance, I just waited for them to finish their banters. My ears were keenly listening for their proposals, furrowing my eyebrows when they even said to just make a huge tour around the whole world of Narnia.

“Unless you want to really die, then go with the initial plan of continuing down South!” Brinkkin gave up in vexation, his small explosion making us snap our concentration to him.

Huffing at the Narnian, I crossed my arms over my chest. “I don't see the wrong in my idea?”

“The exact thing my cousin said right before she went missing in those areas.” Replied the dwarf pointedly, making me ponder upon what he wanted to warn me about.

“But we know nothing about whether those rumours are true!” Some mouse exclaimed in disbelief, myself just standing by while waiting for an explanation.

Being unaware of something was one of which that I despised the most, as supposed of always having an idea of what was there and what was not. It was a trait I gained from my grandfather, him teaching me the things I needed to know in order to get through the curves of life.

Like sensing my obliviousness towards the matter, Rainstone quickly focused his attention back to me. “Beyond those woods is what they've allegedly stamped as the Hidden Unknown.”

“Some rumour states that it's merely a cover up to scare off those who wants to enter the hidden territory of some sort.” Asterius chirped in, all the more making me drift deeper into my thoughts.

“Is it truly worth to fear?” I questioned curiously, them hesitating to reply.

“W–We can proceed there if you want—”

“No, it's not about if I want to. I'm asking if you wish to go through with it,” My proclamation made them look at me weirdly, their lips curling upwards that made me roll my eyes. “What?”

“Nothing, Your Majesty.” Asterius sheepishly answered for them, the same prideful look on their faces. I was not idiotic enough to realize why they were acting bizarre, getting the hint of their happiness that I asked them about their opinion of the matter. Basically it made them contented that I didn't use singular preferences, which I soon will take back if they keep being like that.

“The time's ticking.” Patiently leaning on one of the trees, I waited for their decision. One reason I want them to make the choice is because it's been a long time that I've explored the whole world of Narnia, obviously not wanting to take lead of something I knew nothing about.

As seconds ticked by us, I fearfully went swallowed by my anxious worries. Only now did it rush to me the painful strings of the siblings, it being still functioning despite the vast distance. Although it was a bit blurry to take notice of, it was still making me feel the mixed emotions they were experiencing. Varied with strong regret, painful heartbreak, even innocent guilt. Failure welcomed me when I attempted to fill them with some sort of optimism, my abilities still a bit weak from all of the things I did last night.

“We explore South.” Asterius announced, making me swim up from the tides of my concern. I walked near where they were, letting them take the lead.

“But we ought to always stay aware of our surroundings, keep each other safe,” I adjusted the clasp of my bracelets, seeing how it would be useful for the possible danger we would face. With only my lasso to fend it off, I'd be forced to wear this for safety so there'd be no use to make them adorn it. “Are we clear?”

“Crystal.” My head nodded at the general's son, groaning silently when they subtly circled around me in protection. Every direction I would face, one of them would be there, having a mutual understanding of keeping me safe. I just let them have their way, knowing I'd later on be the first one to dive into battle if ever needed.

We carefully took quick but leisure steps in our desired direction, chatting aimlessly to make a sliver of entertainment. They were adoringly a fun group to be with, all different yet had an intense similarity to straighten down the clashing personalities. It was because the ten Narnians that were gathered around me were those who were willing to sacrifice their own lives just for our companions to return in one-piece. To admit honestly, I was prepared to just take the blow of losing my breath, stupid enough to not think of those I would leave behind. But seeing the faces of the remaining people left, it gave me a massive boost of motivation to make it out alive, even with it going to take a huge toll on me.

“Is there really no other claim towards where we're headed?” I queried from out of nowhere, wanting to give some depth to the place.

“Nothing that I know o—”

“I do.” Raundus, one of the fauns, interrupted his friend. He was the one that had the least facial hair, his goatie being shorter than the others.

Leinus, the one who recently spoke, scoffed in offense. “Like there was even a need to cut me off.”

“There was this forgotten myth from the elders,” But he just ignored him, continuing with his tale. “About how it isn't only a typical otherworldly place but one that was too beautiful that they wanted to preserve it from ever being harmed.”

“Wow, that was super helpful!” Brinkkin scornfully reprimanded, swatting away a loose vine of a tree. Was I this annoying when I wanted to be mean?

Looking up at the sky, the estimation of the time when we base on the sun's position was nearly noon. We continued to walk through various paths until we finally arrived at a small clearing. Just right up ahead was a dimmed entrance to the Western Wood, an unsettling feeling suddenly embracing my entirety. It made me blink rapidly as we proceeded to walk forward until we reached the edge of it, preparing for what was supposed to happen.

“Stay close to each other, no one distances from the huddle.” Rainstone repeated sternly, looking at all of us with authority. They nodded their heads at him, myself just focusing on our path.

A weird feeling was tugging on the strings of my abilities, making me furrow my brows from its vagueness. It was like it wanted to deliver a direct message to me, making me befuddled of what it wanted. As we started to enter the woods, a shiver was visibly crawling down their spines, myself rolling my eyes at their dramatics. I kept studying the way everything was settled, familiarity stumbling its way up my mind.

“Is there anything you might want to add to your fiction?” My words were directed to the faun beside me, exhaling deeply as my heartbeat speeded its thumping.

“I don't think it's important but the last thing I recall is that the place was rumoured to be led by a woman,” Raundus shrugged, myself anticipating his next words. If what he'll say next would go with what I expected, it could only mean that I already knew what this was. Yet I still would need to provide multiple evidence right before I would confirm my claims. “A dryad to be exact.”

From the depths of my guts, a nagging feeling rose up. It caused a small pain to hammer in my head, prompting my heartbeat to rapid in speed. My mind was unexpectedly flooded with millions of memories, all solely pointing to one person I knew. A kid's voice was echoing in my mind, excitedly talking about something she wanted to achieve. Right at the start, the image along with the voice, was still blurry. But then all cleared out with a massive blow to myself, making me produce a shaky breath of recognition. Let's just say that the Kings and Queens of Old weren't the only myths that came true to life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 4.5K 22
James Pevensie loved fiction, so when his youngest sibling claimed to have found a new world, it was no surprise that he was taken to it. Only when i...
269K 6.4K 45
❝𝔅𝔢𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔄𝔡𝔞𝔪'𝔰 𝔣𝔩𝔢𝔰𝔥 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔄𝔡𝔞𝔪'𝔰 𝔟𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔖𝔦𝔱𝔰 𝔬𝔫 𝔱𝔬𝔭 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔬𝔫𝔢, 𝔄𝔫𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔬𝔣 𝔄𝔡𝔞𝔪'�...
458K 9.8K 62
"Ed, if you don't shut up-" There was a smile of amusement on her face. "Yeah, what are you gonna do about it?" Her eyebrows drew in and there was a...
33.5K 470 26
Y/n is a young witch, in fact she is one of the only two witches left in Narnia. She knows how to use dreadful spells but she manly just likes to mak...