Blade's Edge || Deception Boo...

Da Astaroth_312

After leaving Camp Half-Blood last summer with her enemy, Luke Castellan, Clarianna Sinclair has played a dan... Altro

Foreword
Prologue
Chapter 1: The Day Before Tomorrow
Chapter 2: The Day Before Tomorrow
Chapter 3: Reunion
Chapter 4: Reunion
Chapter 5: Reunion
Chapter 6: The Warning
Chapter 7: The Dreaded Game
Chapter 8: The Quest Begins
Chapter 9: Meeting in the Stateroom Pt.1
Chapter 10: Meeting In the Stateroom Pt.2
Chapter 11: Initiation
Chapter 12: The First Fracture
Chapter 13: Strained Reconciliation
Chapter 14: A Twist in the Web
Chapter 15: Flight Pt.1
Chapter 16: Flight Pt. 2
Chapter 17: Uncertainty
Chapter 18: Convening in Olympus Pt. 1
Chapter 19: Council Meeting Pt. 2
Chapter 21: Sparks Pt. 2
Chapter 22: Falling
Chapter 23: Tropical Fiesta Pt. 1
Chapter 24: Tropical Paradise Pt. 2
A/N, Updates, + Q&A
Q + A
Chapter 25: In the Ruins of Othrys Pt.I
Chapter 26: In the Ruins of Othrys Pt.II
Chapter 27: Maze of Mirrors Pt.1
Chapter 28: Maze of Mirrors Pt. 2
Chapter 29: The Cliff
Chapter 30: Cobwebs and Sand
Chapter 31: Fracturing Secrets Pt.1
Chapter 32: Fracturing Secrets Pt.2
Chapter 33: The Bane of Olympus Pt. I
Chapter 34: The Bane of Olympus Pt. II
Chapter 35: Feline Fiasco Pt.1
Chapter 36: Feline Fiasco Pt. II
Chapter 37: Beneath the Drifting Snow
Chapter 38: A Promise of Boba
Holiday Special:
Chapter 39: Smoke and Shadows Pt. I
Chapter 40: Smoke and Shadows Pt. II
Chapter 41: Eternal Starlight
Chapter 42: God-given Headaches
Chapter 43: An Overdue Conversation
Chapter 44: Betrayal
Chapter 45: The Claraphim Star Pt.I
Chapter 46: The Claraphim Star Pt.II
Chapter 47: End of the Beginning
Epilogue
A/N
A/N II

Chapter 20: Sparks Pt. 1

295 15 19
Da Astaroth_312

I walked aimlessly down the paved cobblestone road winding down Olympus towards the elevator, my mind a mess of thoughts. I'd been planning to catch my mother or Athena today to ask them about Sefi and the hideout, but the chance had slipped out my fingers. Hecate wasn't here, and though I didn't know why she was absent, it was clear that I wouldn't be able to ask her.

If only Athena had chosen to stay, I sighed as I passed by the markets which were starting to open.

Or I could have just said to hell with it and asked Zeus in front of all the gods. Though that probably would have only gotten me killed. Regardless, another chance of getting my answers was gone. I needed to know just exactly why they'd kept such important information from me. Who knew when the next time I'd be able to ask my mother or Athena would come up?

"What's with the long face?" Hermes asked as I heaved a sigh.

"Sorry," I muttered, glancing at the god who was leaning against a tree. "Just have a lot on my mind."

"I won't keep you long," Hermes said, falling into step beside me. "I just have a question for you."

"Shoot," I said, slowing my pace a bit.

"When I visited Percy to help him with his quest," Hermes started, "I told him to try and talk to Luke."

"And?" I replied, my guard instantly shooting up at the mention of his name.

Hermes sighed, halting to face me with those blue eyes normally sparkling with mischief, but, right now, they were filled with sadness and sorrow. "He said he couldn't. Luke wouldn't listen."

"That's not a surprise," I said wryly. "Did you think he would?"

"No," Hermes admitted. "But I can still try."

"Don't tell me you came to ask me to do the same," I said, starting off again. "Because you know I'm doing as much as I possibly can."

"I know," Hermes said. "And thank you for that. But I just need to know. Percy said Luke was beyond saving. Do you think he's right?"

I paused. "What?"

"Do you think he's right," Hermes repeated, staring at me intently. "You know him best. Is my son beyond saving?"

I felt like someone had just thrown me into a pool of ice. I wanted to believe that Luke could be stopped before he went too far, but I wasn't sure.

Unbidden, a memory of last year flashed into my mind, the memory of the first day I'd arrived at camp. Luke had taken me for a tour around camp that day, and when we'd stopped at the beach, he'd asked me what I'd thought of the gods. Though he hadn't said anything, the expression of resentment and hatred on his face had conveyed way more than words ever could.

My mind leaped forwards, bringing me to that day in the woods last year and the conversation he and Percy had had before Luke had attempted to kill him. The hatred in his voice had been bone-deep without any hesitation.

All those memories of the things Luke had said and the deeds he'd done in the name of the Titan of Time flashed through my thoughts, and somewhere, deep inside me, I knew that the grip the titan lord had on him reached far deeper than anyone knew, Luke himself included.

And yet, memories of those days we'd spent together, just the two of us, carefree of burdens, also surfaced. Going out to get ice cream, him dragging me to the arcade, chatting and laughing over trivial matters---in the end, Luke was just a demigod that had been neglected and wronged by the gods.

He didn't deserve to be given up on.

"I don't know," I replied truthfully, meeting Hermes' gaze. "Sometimes, I think he truly is beyond hope. And yet . . ."

Hermes nodded. "Thank you, Clari. I just needed to know."

"I know," I said. "And I promise I'll do my best."

Hermes smiled at me sadly. "I know you will."

When he disappeared as well, I was left staring at the spot where the god had stood. For what it was worth, I hoped I could change Luke's mind and help him see that what he was doing wasn't the answer. There was always another way. And yet, I wasn't so sure if I could.

***

"That's four more," Luke said in satisfaction as he closed the oak doors behind us. "We're making good progress."

"Mhm," I replied absently, staring out the glass windows that exposed the shimmering sea.

"Whatcha thinkin 'bout?" Luke asked, slinging an arm around my shoulder. "Is something wrong?"

"No," I replied, my mind instantly skipping from the thoughts of how there seemed to be a never-ending line of demigods wanting to join Kronos' army.

"I was just thinking about . . . You know what, I'm not telling you," I added, a playful smirk forming on my lips.

"Aw, come on," Luke pouted, prodding me. "Ri, what is it?"

I glared at him. "My lips are sealed."

Luke glared right back at me for a moment, and then his face lit up. "Oh. I know."

"You do," I deadpanned, wriggling out of his grasp and pointedly turning my back to him. "Really."

Honestly, I wasn't keeping anything from him. I just had no idea what to say as an excuse and was just pretending in hopes that Luke would give me one.

"Yeah. Are you wondering about what surprise I have for you today?" Luke asked, smirking at me. "That's adorable."

"Why would you have a surprise for me?" I asked.

"Stop playing dumb, Anna," Luke chided, folding his arms over his grey t-shirt. "You of all people know that today's the fourth."

Oh. Oh yeah. I slapped myself mentally.

"Yep, I knew that," I said, grinning at him. "But I wasn't actually thinking about that."

"Sure. Sure," Luke smirked, his blue eyes knowing. "If you say so."

"Wait, but seriously," I replied. "What exactly are you planning?"

"Well, you're just going to have to wait and see. It's a secret."

"Luke-"

"My lips are sealed," he grinned, throwing my words back at me. "Sorry."

"You're not, but whatever," I sighed. Linking my arm through his, I tugged him along with me to the top deck of the ship. "Come on."

"Where are you taking me?" Luke asked as we jogged up the stairs.

"You're going to help me, Alabaster, and Alex with the fireworks," I replied as I pushed open the glass door.

"Look who finally decided to show up," Alabaster grumbled as we stepped through the door. "I've been waiting up here for the past hour!"

"Well, you had Alex for company, so I can't say you did much waiting, can I?"

"Hey," Alex complained from where he was crouched over a sheet of parchment, an ink pen in his hand. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing, nothing," I said, walking over and ruffling his hair. I peered at the inscription he was writing and nodded. "Looks good."

"We've already done most of the spells for the fireworks," Alabaster said, waving his hand at the pile of colourful tubes stacked along the wall. "I'm just finishing up the rest. Alex is just doing some extra decor. I told Chris to lead the rest of my people to set everything up."

"Good," Luke said, nodding as he glanced at the stack of parchment lying next to Alex.

"I told Nicole to go with Ally to the city to scout for any good restaurants for take-out," I scowled. "But I swear she's probably dragging poor Ally through New York's haunted houses."

Alabaster snorted. "Yeah, probably."

"Well, if she complains about us getting Chinese food again, it's her fault," Alex interjected.

"We could just order pizza," Luke suggested.

"No," the three of us said simultaneously. "We always get pizza."

"No, you always get Chinese food," Luke countered but sighed in defeat when the three of us turned to glare at him.

"My bet's on Greek food," Alabaster said after a beat of silence. "Nicole loves spanakopita."

"Who doesn't," Alex mumbled. "Besides, we're Greek demigods."

"It's not going to be as pretty as the fireworks at camp," I sighed, dropping down to the deck next to Alex and reaching for a piece of paper. "My magic can only do so much. I wish you guys could have seen them."

"We can," Luke said suddenly. "I can just bring the ship into the bay. We can watch it from a distance."

"Really?" Alex said, his head shooting up in excitement.

"Then what was the point of all my work?" Alabaster groaned, flopping down on his back.

"We can do both," I said, nudging my brother. "Cheer up. We can sneak in, watch theirs, and then come back and do ours."

"Wait, actually?" Alex said, his green eyes sparkling.

"Sure," Luke replied. "Even I have to admit that the camp's fireworks are something else entirely. I'll go change our course," he added, heading towards the door.

"Oh, and Ri?"

My heart jumped into my throat as I glanced up to see Luke staring at me intently, a ghost of a smile on his face. "I'll see you later tonight." 

***

Thank you for reading, and don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerร  anche

3.7K 122 7
๐‡๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐›๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ค ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ง๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ. Luk...
5.8K 280 26
Percy Jackson, A Twelve year old boy succumbed to the world of lies and pain is led to light of truth where he meets his family by his family he thou...
23.5K 937 9
"It's written in the ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ฌ, Luke. We're not meant to be together." "I say fuck the starts, ๐ ๐จ๐ซ๐ ๐ž๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ." ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ the daughter ...
101K 4K 53
in which ๐ก๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ ๐š ๐›๐จ๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐š ๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐ฎ๐ฆ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐œ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐š ๐๐จ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฆ๐š๐ซ๐ค๐ฌ ๐ก๐ข๐ฆ ๐š๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฏ๏ฟฝ...