His Rejected Bride

By Josephine1804

Trying to move on from the past Dorothy does everything possible to keep it behind her; especially him. But w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue

Chapter 30

19.8K 439 27
By Josephine1804

Dorothy's POV

"Tell me everything." I sit opposite him stirring the tea in my cup.

"What do you want to know?" He asked looking away from his laptop running his hand through his hair.

"Everything!" I snapped getting tired of him trying to avoid this topic.

Every single time I try to bring it up he would normally say he's hungry or ask me if I'm hungry sometimes he claims he has to go sort out a few things. I've been waiting patiently and I'm sick and tired of this.

"Here." He slid a picture across to me.

 I gently pick it up looking at the people in it. It was a picture of  Igor with a beautiful woman beside him and Ethan a man standing beside them. You could tell they were very happy by the look on their faces.

"You guys knew each other,"  I whispered placing the picture down taking a sip from my tea. 

"We met at a party and became good friends," Ethan explained leaning in to take the picture back. "We decided to do each other favors and that made our friendship stronger. A few months later he introduced me to a lady. I could tell he was in love with her, she was everything to him. But in the midst of this, something wasn't just right and I knew it and I didn't do anything about it.

Francesco, the man that stood beside me, was my second in command. We grew up together, so we were as close as brothers if not closer. I told him I had a bad feeling about Annika but he just said I was paranoid over nothing. Igor and Annika got married not long after he introduced me to her, I was his best man. That  picture was taken a few days after the wedding."

"If you guys were friends then how did you come to hate each other?" I asked not leaning deeper into my chair.

"I'm not done baby doll." The smile gently picking the picture up again. "I still had a feeling something was wrong so I decide to investigate it myself. I dug up dirt from Annika's past and found out lots of things. Firstly, she wasn't in love with Igor but rather was using him to get information from him and when she met me she used our friendship to get a little information from me.

But the thing was, I knew Igor wouldn't tell anyone anything because he swore an oath and the penalty was death. So she wasn't getting information about my mafia from Igor which made me more frustrated."

"Why didn't you say anything to Igor," I asked feeling so bad for him. "He would have understood everything right?"

"I couldn't just tell him his wife was a traitor without any proof." He sighed rubbing his temples. "I needed to show him and not just tell him. He was too deeply in love to realize he was being played."

"So did you find out who was supplying information to Annika?" This was more serious than I thought.

"I found out a few weeks later, by then I had already met you and had a liking to you." I smile at the memories we had together. "I tried to keep you out from anything related to the mafia, the company was a good distraction."

"What do you mean the company was a good distraction?" I raised a brow at him.  To be honest his company is one of the most successful businesses that ever existed. 

"My dad started the company a few months after he took over the mafia, people became suspicious of how he got his money so he started the company to cover up the fact that he was in a mafia. The restaurant too is where we make the most deals. There's a basement at the bottom where we also store a few um-materials." He revealed smirking at my facial expression. "Smart right?"

"Yeah, that is very clever," I whisper still trying to take everything in. "But that doesn't explain the fact that Igor hates you."

"Back to that." He sits up straight taking a sip from my tea. "I told Igor about you showed him a few pictures of you too. He was so excited to meet you personally and I promised to bring you to him. That night I couldn't sleep, so I went to the balcony. I saw Francesco and Annika in the garden talking. At first, it didn't seem like anything was wrong but once they kissed I got enraged. I wanted to kill her for what she was doing to Igor but I decided to confront Francesco about it in the morning.

I asked him if anything was going on between him and Annika but he denied saying what happened that night was a big mistake. He was like a brother to me so I chose not to do anything about it. Time went by fast and I had proposed to you I sent Igor an invitation personally. I traveled to Russia with Francesco to send them an invitation. We went out to a bar and we exchanged good news. Annika was three months pregnant and I was engaged. We had fun like in old times we drank a lot but not enough to get drunk.

When we went back to his villa I went straight to the balcony but it was occupied already by Francesco and Annika. I managed to hear their conversation; they were talking about me. He was the one giving out information about my gang. My brother was the one who was spilling out information."

I felt a few tears fall roll down my cheeks. I can't imagine that happening to me. Someone he trusted with his life, he treated as his brother betrayed him.

"I pulled out my gun and aimed at both of them. I couldn't think properly, I knew she was a lying scum but I never thought my brother was working with her. I told her everything I knew about her. I gave her two options; to tell Igor everything she has been doing behind his back or I kill her right there at that spot.

But she did something I never thought she was capable of doing. She grabbed a gun from Francesco's waist and aimed at me threatening me not to mention it to anyone. I didn't give in and when she was about to pull the trigger, Francesco shot her. I didn't know how to feel about any of this. He betrayed me but yet he saved me. When Igor came in she was already dead. I was still holding my gun so he assumed I killed her. Francesco wanted to confess to him but I told him I did it."

"Why would you do that?" I asked shocked at what he did. "Why did you save him when he betrayed you."

"I knew he would kill Francesco, I didn't want that and I wanted to hurt him too." He said which made me even more confused. "He knew about Annika, he figured that she was sent to get information of him and she made a deal with him and he took it."

"What was the deal?" I asked having a feeling that this wasn't going to be good at all.

"She tells him what's goes on inside my mafia and he forgets that she was ever getting information." He palmed his face. "He was too in love to realize what he was doing. She had him wrapped around her finger. He would do anything just to make her happy. I couldn't let him kill Francesco so I decided to take care of him myself. I came back to America without Francesco that same night. He escaped and I intended to find him but I needed to know if you were safe first.

Once I figured that Igor was after you I couldn't let him take you away from me. I didn't want you to get involved in any of this mess so I decided to leave the night before the wedding. That way the word would spread faster people would assume I left you and once Igor heard he decided to leave you alone."

"Y-you left to keep me safe," I whispered looking down at my tea which was already cold by now.

"I got Mia to keep an eye on you when I was gone." I let out a soft chuckle. "She told me when you moved out from the apartment when you got a promotion but never told me about Liam."

"She's really good keeping secrets huh?" I giggle dropping the china cup on his desk walking over to him. "You never told me what you did when you gone."

He pulled me down so I was straddling him. "I told you I had planned to find Francesco and bring him back. I found him and tortured him when he was with me. Once Igor was finally tired of trying to use you to get me I decided to come back to America. I told everyone Francesco was dead including his girlfriend, Nicole."

"No way." I swatted his chest. "She loved him."

"Well she has moved on hasn't she?" He smirked pulling me closer to him till our forehead touched.

"Hmmm." I hummed placing a soft kiss on his forehead.

"Marry me." He blurted making me pull back.

"W-wh- what did you just say?" I asked wanting him to repeat himself.

"Marry me, please?"  He asked pulling me back closer to him. "Would you want to marry me again?"

"I don't know Ethan." I look down nervously scared of history repeating itself.

"I promise I won't run away again." I smiled caressing my belly with love. "I don't want to let you go.  For years I fantasied about having you as my wife and now I want all to fantasies to become reality. So would you marry me?"

"On one condition." I smile with tears rolling down my cheeks. 

"Whatever you want baby doll."

"You have to promise not to hide anything from me again." I place my hand on his cheeks drawing him close to me. "I want to feel your pain, Ethan-"

"Vincenzo" He cut me from what I was saying.

"What?" I asked him staring into his grey eyes.

"Call me Vincenzo, doll." I smiled placing my lip on his own. No matter how many times I kissed him, I still have those butterflies in my stomach.

 I love the way his lips move against mine, how it molds into one. I love the way he holds me close to him. I love the way his eyes light up every time I enter the room. I love his relationship with Liam. I love him in every possible way.

"I'll marry you," I say pulling away from the kiss grinning at him.

"What did you say?" He asked placing his finger under my chin.

"I'll marry you, Vincenzo King." I laugh as he tickles me with his other finger.

"I fucking love you." He whispered smashing his lips against mine one more time.

"I fucking love you too man," Luca announced barging into the room making Vincenzo and I jump back.

"Why the fuck are you still alive?" Vincenzo growled making  Luca jump back a little but he manages to smile back.

"You said it yourself; you fucking love me remember." He smirked making me laugh so hard I almost fall off  Vincenzo.

"What do you want." Vincenzo sighs not letting me go from him.

"Your son wants to eat my cereal." Luca folds his hands tapping his foot in distress. "You have to tell him to back off from my American cereal."

"Why haven't I shot you yet?" He muttered under his breath palming his face trying to stay calm.

"I love you," I whisper to him and he's calm once again.

"I love you too." He smiles looking me in the eyes ignoring the fact that Luca is in the room with us.

"Aw I love you too but my cereal is at stake here." Luca disrupts the moment once again.

"Get out!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196 2 27
Two well known people throughout the world meet each other and fall in love happy as ever they hold a secret from the world soon the male lover dies...
1.1M 46.8K 27
Eliza Safar grew up alongside the Stavros brothers having been the daughter of their caretaker. But after a horrible accident Eliza is left with no o...
218 18 13
A billionaire. He is managing his father's company with him. He is the king of college because it's own by his father and he has made him the preside...
2.7K 50 14
When she meets her Best friends family for the first time she doesn't revise that her biggest crush is standing in front of her. She reviles her pass...