We're Just Kids (Sean Diaz x...

By wrejstkids

(Y/N), 16, has been struggling with her mental health for years since her father's passing, causing her mothe... More

From the authors
How to Celebrate
Kids (Part 1)
Kids (Part 2)
Last Resorts
Settling in With The Park's
House Tour
Zombies
Are We There, Yet?
Into the Woods
Bear Station
To the Rescue!
Edge of the World
Goodbyes...
..Reconnections...
...And Acceptance
A Little Update :]

Moving Day

516 12 1
By wrejstkids

Your POV

Yu-jin continued to squeeze me into a hug on Sean's front porch.

"Oh, (Y/N) I'm going to miss you and your presence so much!" She said.

She had come to pick up Lyla, and she brought my box with her, meaning that I was officially moved out of Lyla's house, and officially moving in with Sean.

"This past week, you've been like a second daughter to me."

This made me smile.

You were nothing but a mother to me, Yu-jin.

I wanted to say that out loud, but I figured it would sound too sappy.

"Okay, mom," Lyla called from the car. Sean and I already said bye to her, and it wasn't like we weren't going to see her later this week. "Are you done?" She asked.

"She's such a hater," Yu-jin whispered, before releasing me.

I heard Sean walk down the stairs to wave goodbye to Lyla and Yu-jin. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders, pulling me toward him, while we both waved to Lyla and Yu-jin, as they began their drive home.

Even after Yu-jin drove off, Sean still held onto me for a little while longer, us both standing in silence.

"Okay, okay," Sean released me, "We gotta get to work!"

"Ugggghhh," I groaned as I turned to face him, "But that's the worst part."

"It's okay! I'll help you if you at least start on your room," He gave me a smile, then started up the stairs.

"Fine," I joined him, then we parted ways. I turned into my room, and he looped the corner to begin walking up the other flight of stairs, but then he stopped.

"Hey, if you need anything, I'm up here."

"I know, I know," I dragged.

"Don't be so pouty! It's moving day!"

He gave me stupid finger guns and made a stupid face, which made me laugh regardless.

"You're so dumb," I smiled.

He returned the smile, "Whatever."

3 hours later

"Let's go get frozen yogurt," The boy said.

And how could I disagree with the way he hung on my door frame, then started bouncing on his toes after he asked.

It's now around 7 p.m. Sean and I are in the car, on the way to a frozen yogurt shop that was just down the street.

I've finished with my room, and I'm sure that Sean finished with his too.

Mine looks better, of course. I hung up rainbow string lights (that I "borrowed" from Lyla's closet), got all of my clothes situated into the closet.
There wasn't much to decorate my room with for now, but I suppose it was a start.

Sean pulled the car into a parking lot, I looked up to see that we were already here.

He twisted the keys and turned the car off, then excitedly looked at me before saying, "Come on!"

We walked closely together down the street to the shop. When we reached the doors, he made sure to get in front of me to open it for me.

"After you."

"Why, thank you," I placed my hand over my heart, and smiled at him while I walked through the door.

He followed closely behind.

The cashier waved at us, we waved back.

Sean practically ran towards the cups, "Whatsizedoyouwant?" He spit out quickly.

"What?" I laughed.

"What........size.......do you......"

I used this time to walk over to the cups and grabbed a cup for myself.

"This one."

I walked over to the vanilla frozen yogurt machine, but Sean pushed me over with his side.

"Hey! You fu..." I glanced over to the cashier who was glaring right at us, "Whatever."

The cashier's phone began ranging, "Shit," They said, as they took their ringing phone into the back with them.

<<<<<<<Play Music>>>>>>>>

Then suddenly, a very familiar song came on. I looked over to Sean and grinned, he smiled right back, and started to bop his head to the beat of the song

It was really faint in the background, but we could still hear it.

We both know so many songs because we used to share headphones on the bus after school, so hearing them play again while we're together is always special.

To me at least.

Sean finished putting the yogurt into his cup, so I pushed him to the side, since he pushed me earlier. Sean and I had singing the song that was playing, while slightly dancing around to get the toppings.

"I want you to feel the same way I do"

How fitting.

Looking up to see him dance around just.. I don't know, makes me happy? The way his hair flops on his face as he bounces. The was he mumbled the lyrics under his breath. It just filled me with joy. I wonder if he felt that way about me.

While I was by the container with the mini brownies, I glanced over to Sean, who was pouring chocolate chips into his hand.

"Sean, what are you-"

"Think fast!"

He threw the chocolate chip at me. It bounced off of my shirt and hit the ground.

"Really?" I picked it up and threw it in the trash.

"You were supposed to catch it in your mouth," He explained, "Like this."

He threw a chocolate chip in the air, and it landed right in his mouth.

"Dude I can't-"

"Catch!"

Next thing I know, a chocolate chip is being thrown at me.

I try to catch it, but it landed on the floor right in front of me.

"Oh, come on (Y/N)!"

"It's a LOT easier when you throw it for yourself." I defended myself.

"Well I bet I could do it."

"Oh yeah?" I walked towards the chocolate chip container and dropped two into my hand.

He readied himself, then I threw it.

He missed.

"Okay, fuck that! That didn't count."

"You got one more shot," I told him, before throwing the other one again. He got in the same stance as before.

I threw it, and once he positioned himself well enough, it landed in his mouth.

I glared at him, "Okay, you have to be cheating."

"Come on, try one more time," He grabbed one more chocolate chip.

I tried to get into the same stance he was in a second ago, but I figured it wouldn't work, so I just bent my knees and prepared myself. My eyes followed the chocolate chip in the air and quickly moved my head in it's direction, and I actually caught it.

I raised my hands up in victory.

"Oh!" Sean ran up to me, and gave me a high five. I loved how much this excited him. He ran back to his yogurt and continued putting toppings on it, while I did the same.

Brownies, chocolate chips, and hot fudge.

"Wait, come here," Sean called me over to where he was, which was by the yogurt dispensers. Sean ended up dumping most of his vanilla ice cream in my cup, then went for the cookie dough ice cream.

"Why did you-"

"Because."

I didn't even continue to ask, and just went to go stand by the counter, while Sean went to put peanut M&M's in his cup, then joined me.

The song we liked turned off, another song already started playing. This song was much quieter, and more calm.

We sat there for a moment in silence, waiting for the cashier to return.

"Hey," Sean said softly.

I looked up and faced him.

"So... I don't know if you've noticed this, but... I really l-"

A door swung open, the back door for employees. The cashier had returned; Sean and I snapped out heads forward.

"Sorry about that," They said.

"You're good," Sean told them, holding his hand out to me so I could give him the yogurt.

He handed our cups to the cashier, who examined the cups, then handed them back.

They told us the price, Sean agreed to pay before he dragged me out of the house.

"Have a good night," The cashier told us.

"You too," Sean and I both said in unison, causing both of us to look at each other and smile. We walked out of the door and back to the car, standing closely next to each other again, before we parted to get into the car.

I sat in the passenger seat, and positioned myself so I was actually sitting the correct way, Sean did the same next to me in the driver's seat.

I sat my yogurt cup in my lap, and inhaled.

Then exhaled.

Sean had exhaled at the exact same time.

I looked over to him, who looked right back at me.

We both laughed at the thought of us exhaling at the same time, then just stared and smiled, like we always do.

But this time, there is some sort of.. tension in the air. It felt like everything around me was telling me to kiss him right now as we're looking at each other.

I tried to push the feeling away, but I felt myself leaning in to do it anyways, and when our lips actually touched, I realized that he was leaning in too. He was just the one to officially close the distance.

I didn't even think about my mom. I didn't care anymore. At least I don't think I care, not in this moment.

Sean was the first to pull away. I sat back down in my seat, since I was leaning towards him.

"So.. like I said in the store," Sean said in a low, calmed voice, "I... really do like spending time with you, (Y/N). And I was thinking that maybe we could..." His words trailed off, and he looked down. I see from the street lights outside that he's blushing.

He put his hand on the steering wheel.

"That we could..." He didnt finish the sentence again.

"Try something?" I finished, "Like... date?"

"Yeah...that's what I was gonna... I mean- only if you... want to, though." He faced me again, and gave me a smile.

This was definitely his weakness. Making things official. Lyla told me about this. He'd run all the way across the country and back before asking somebody out. And if he did ask somebody out, he'd get super nervous — like he is now. He'd probably pass out. But this didn't stop me from saying yes.

I couldn't help but smile back at him, "Sure."

He exhaled in relief, then nervously laughed afterwards.

I looked at the frozen yogurt in my lap just to make sure it was still there (because it obviously could've just grown legs and ran away), and also because I was getting nervous too.

I can only look into his eyes for so long before getting butterflies everywhere.

All of a sudden, I see his hand reach over to the frozen yogurt in my lap, take a brownie out of it, then pop it into his mouth.

"Really?" I tried to sound upset, but I just ended up laughing.

"Yeah. Those brownies are really good, by the way."

He bent over to turn the car on. I guess he had to break the awkward silence that followed after him stealing my brownie, somehow. He put one hand on the steering wheel, then hesitantly placed his other hand on my thigh, while looking at me the entire time to make sure it was okay — or to make sure that his touch didn't startle me, in which it didn't.
Normally it would, but tonight, I didn't care about a word my mother has ever said to me.

With this past week being away from her, it was like a breath of fresh air, like I finally see hope in the world.

Especially with Sean and I confirming our relationship, now making it official.

I picked up my frozen yogurt, and began to lift the spoon up to my mouth-

"Ah!" Sean was facing me with his mouth wide open.

"No!" I protested, holding my cup to the opposite side of him.

"Oh, I see."

"What?"

"Nothing." He stared straight ahead. Even though he acted as if he was "mad", his grip on my leg tightened. Possibly to reassure that he wasn't actually upset.

I picked up his cup from his lap, and waited until we were at a red light to mimic him/feed him.

"Here comes the airplane!"

"Oh my god," He said, rolling his eyes, but opened his mouth anyway.

I purposefully smeared a little bit on the top of his mouth, near his nose.

He sighed, and used his shirt to wipe it off, "You're so dumb."

"Whatever."
_________
2122 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 3K 54
Hi! I'm a beginner at writing stuff, have been reading for years tho. I'm not a native english speaker/writer so I'm sorry for using a wrong word or...
17.9K 372 10
• a series of oneshots • last updated: 04/19/20 • not taking requests currently • decent enough grammar • Mature language
1.6K 38 13
This story plays in Life is Strange 2 episode 4, you as a reader have special powers, which will help Sean find his brother. I will not 100% remember...
7.3K 241 18
"Finn has been in community service since June, but he told me to get in touch with him when we arrive in Mexico, so here comes the message," Sean th...