๐’๐ˆ๐‘๐„๐, แต–แต‰แตƒแตสธ แต‡หกโฑ...

By -fairyxkiss

"๐ฆ๐š๐ฒ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ข๐ง ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐š ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐›๐ž๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐ฅ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ๐ฌ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ... More

๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ
๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž
๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ
๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ
๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ
๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ
๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜น
๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต
๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ
๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ
๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜น๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ ๐Ÿ.๐ŸŽ
๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž ๐Ÿ.๐ŸŽ
๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ
๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ
๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ
๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ
๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ
๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜น
๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต
๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ
๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ
๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ

๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ

18.2K 378 50
By -fairyxkiss

"Out of all the towns and cities, he cocked his way into this one."

*•*

1919

"Oh- I'm sorry sir, deepest apologies. It seems I have two left feet."

A thin, short man turned around, a glare already pointed and ready to stare down whomever bumped into him. In the process of being rammed into, he dropped his loaf of bread that, thankfully, was wrapped securely in a cloth.

Brown ochre eyes graced his eyesight once he looked up. One glance was all it took for his eyes to relax once he was greeted with a spellbinding smile. Her lips, stained with a rich red coat, upturned ever so alluringly making the man swallow the harsh words he was about to spew. Tugging on his jacket as if the wrinkles would disappear and make his appearance more appealing, he shook his head in disagreement, "No apologies needed, ma'am. I should be expressing my regrets for ramming into you. You see, I have two left feet, myself."

The man unconsciously gave his apologies not knowing why he was verbally being apologetic. The older one of the strangers was so caught up in the woman's presence that he failed to remember she ran into him.

A short melodious giggle left her lips as she clutched her handbag between her fingers, "No worries at all. I best be off, I'm under terribly strict timing."

Nodding his head frantically, he moved to the side to let the woman pass, "Of course, miss. You be careful walking through these streets by your lonesome."

Feeling the urge to roll her eyes, she instead forced herself to keep her smile displayed. She could handle her own but he didn't need to know that. Biting her tongue so she wouldn't tell him off, she gave a slight nod and went on her way. The dazed man snapped back into reality and looked to the ground where his loaf of bread still laid. Bending down to retrieve it, he dusted off any pebbles that got on the cloth. Continuing his prideful strides to his home, he casually put his hand in his trouser pockets.

A few beats passed before he realized it was unusually empty. He clearly remembered having spare change from earlier this evening, it quickly sent him into a frenzy. Checking his other pocket and the pockets of his suit jacket, he still came up empty.

Maybe he was just imagining that spare change. He grew confused, but still kept the same pace on the pavement. And to think the one responsible for his missing quids was the woman confidently walking the streets of london. The thought simply never crossed his mind, he was blinded. In his eyes, she couldn't have done it, she was too kind.

Meanwhile, the Morelli woman dropped her eye catching smile and stuffed the pound sterling into her handbag. Turning the corner of the street, she stopped in front of a cream colored door. Twisting the handle, she made her way in shutting the door behind her.

A head poked out from behind the wall checking on who it was. A tall woman with shoulder length blonde hair, dusted her apron and fully came out from the kitchen doorway, "Lettie, darling, what took you so long?"

Walking into the kitchen, the hazel eyed beauty dug into her handbag dropping the coins onto the table. Darcy Lemmons stopped to stand beside Leticia with a perplexed look painted on her face.

Picking up a coin, the blonde thirty-seven year old sighed, "You've gone and done it again. Leticia, I told you it was fine."

Closing her glossy black handbag, Leticia took a seat at the table, "It was not 'fine', Darcy. The man owed you. I was just taking what is rightfully yours."

Although hesitant on taking the money, Darcy was grateful for the young woman's actions. The single mother of one, who's husband died bravely during the war, had a flower shop to keep afloat and every piece of change mattered. After the encounter with a man who bought three bouquet of roses who never paid his debt, Mrs. Lemmons never did separate payment installments again. It's a shame, because of one mans mistake, it ruined it for all.

Seeing the fierce debate going on in the woman's head, the Morelli woman grabbed Darcy's hand looking her in the eyes, "Take it, Dar."

That was all that needed to be said. Mrs. Lemmons saw the deep adamancy in her eyes. The kindness and determination kept Darcy on her toes to keep pushing through even if times were hard.

The blonde woman squeezed her hand in comfort, wishing she could give more than just a thank you to the young woman.

Reaching across the table for a biscuit, Leticia looked around for a blonde mop of hair identical to his mothers, "Where is that little rascal, anyway?"

Darcy grinned at the thought of her seven year old boy, "Timothy is over at the Jameson's. They generously invited him over for a play date. God knows he needs the distraction ."

Timothy Lemmons was a sweet seven year old boy who had grown mute after his fathers death. At just the ripe age of three, the absence of his father had completely saddened him. His mother had tried everything to get him to speak, but after time and time of trying she came to terms with the fact she may never hear his voice again. That didn't mean she'd never stop trying, but she knew he would on his own accord when he believed the time was right.

Finishing off her biscuit, Leticia dusted her hands off from the crumbs, "I have a gift for him. I'll just leave it here."

Opening her handbag once again, she pulled out crayola crayons and a notepad full of paper. Timothy spent his time drawing whatever he could and for a seven year old he had an indescribable talent. He let his emotions and unspoken words speak through every stroke and blotch of colors that presented itself on the white sheet. From anger to sadness from happiness to loneliness, he drew it all and with every new drawing was an entry way to his heart. If you were the lucky ones able to see them that is. Leticia and Darcy were the only ones who knew of his hidden ability.

Mrs. Lemmons smiled showing off one of her rare genuine smiles Leticia was too familiar with for she also had grown accustomed to the same efforts, "Thank you, Lettie, truly for all that you've done."

Leticia waved a hand in a dismissive manner, "Ah, nonsense. It's no problem, I am the Godmother."

With a smirk sent Darcy's way, the hazel eyed woman rose up from her seat and grabbed her handbag. Walking over to Darcy, she pulled her into a hug.

Pulling away, she kept her at arms length, "I better be expecting a huge embrace from the little one when I come back next week."

Darcy furrowed her brows, "You're off so soon?"

Leticia slowly started back pedaling, a sly grin feigning innocence,

"You know how it is. Pockets to pick and providing medicine for the sick. Business never stops."

***********

The train back to birmingham was quicker than she had expected. The thoughts that ran through Leticia's was nonstop for she felt like there was no time to rest. Work was to be done.

Stepping off of the train, she pulled her veiled hat over her head more, clutching her hand bag between her fingers. What welcomed her back to the town of Small Heath was the smell of dirt and soot. The cloudy, polluted sky looking as grim as always.

Walking along the pavement, she saw kids playing in the streets, women and men taking part in scandalous activities, and loose dogs and cats running around.

But the sight of her shop stood proud amongst the street. Bellezza Nera one of her most prized possessions in her lifetime. At such a young age she had saved up enough to buy her own shop. Determination was definitely set into the woman.

The sound of the bell chiming over the doorway alerted the young women at the counter. Quickly stuffing whatever they were looking at under the counter, the two women looked up putting on dazzling smiles. Seeing that it was only their boss, they dropped their act and brought back out what they were looking at.

Walking over to the counter in steady strides, Leticia stopped right in the middle of them taking off her hat in the process, "How'd we do today, ladies?"

Nina, a petite dark complected woman with shoulder length curls, rummaged through both their findings, " A pocket watch, seven pounds, a gold ring, and oh-"

A giddy smile came upon her face, "You'll never guess this one."

Hiding it behind her back she waited for a guess to be said aloud. It had become a little game of theirs. Nina would put a random item behind her back and have Leticia guess what the possible item could be. so far, the Morelli woman had never been wrong.

The other woman in the room, Florence, simply rolled her eyes at Nina's antics. She think she'd know by now that their boss was a gypsy at her finest, "Oh dear, goodness."

Leticia looked at the rummaged items before staring back at Nina. A hum played out at the back of her throat before she spoke, "It wouldn't happen to be a rolex, would it?"

Nina's smile slowly dropped confirming Leticia's guess. Bending down to retrieve a brown box from under the counter, the brunette woman continued her guesses, "A gold, no, a silver rolex watch. You know how much I adore my silver."

Nina huffed out a breath, crossing her arms the silver rolex watch dangling from her hand.

Digging out a key from within the box, Leticia closed it and neatly put it back in its hidden corner, "The poor man probably lives alone with no one to cook his meals and only a dog to keep him company."

Putting the rolex back into the pile of collected items, the dark skinned beauty mumbled, "No," a pregnant pause occurred, "He has a cat."

A smirk rose upon Florence's lips as she shared a look with Leticia, gazing back at Nina the short woman chuckled, "Maybe one day you'll catch Lettie off guard, yeah, Nina?"

"That'll be the day." Nina spoke collecting all the items and walking them to a spare box lying around from their shipments of fabrics that came in earlier this morning, "It's all just plain luck."

"You're just too plain obvious. The only time you ever get that excited is when a rolex watch is in your possession."

Nina arched an eyebrow, "It's not your Gypsy intuition, then?"

Leticia gave a teasing look before switching to a new topic. Looking around the store, no customers were in sight. Opening the cash register, she was not surprised to find it nearly empty, "Slow day again?"

Florence hopped onto the counter swinging her legs back and forth in a bored manner, "Think it has something to do with those coppers walking about."

Leticia swung her head around, her golden brown eyes locking with the freckled woman's, "What? What coppers? Fucking hell, I have only been gone a day."

Nina came back around to stand near the edge of the counter, her hip resting on the cool wooden corner, "Don't fret. We believe you're in the clear. Word has gone around it may have something to do with those Peaky Blinders."

Leticia took a moment to think, the key still grasped within her hand. Walking over to the back corner of the store, Leticia looked over her shoulder once more, "Is Kennedy still here?"

Florence shared a look with Nina, a small frown taking over both their faces. The short woman bit her lip, "Yeah. Came in sporting a new bruise. We think that grimy bastard is back at it."

Leticia slowed her pace, a wave of anger looming over her for a second until she composed herself and went back to her same steady pace to the back room. Keeping her head forward, she called out to the two women once more, "Flip the sign and lock the door. We're closing early."

Stopping in front of a short curtain with a sign that read Stock Room, Employees Only she pushed the curtain back to reveal a wooden door. Raising her fist, she wrapped her knuckles against the door in three consecutive knocks before waiting a few beats then proceeding to add two more. Not too long after, the sound of three locks unlocking were heard. The door opened to reveal a burly man. Opening the door wider to let the curly haired woman pass, she patted him on the chest in greeting, "Hello, Don."

Nodding his head in acknowledgment, he kept his stance near the door, "Miss Morelli."

Her short heeled shoes echoed through the busy room. The sound of chatter, papers shuffling, and people moving hastily around each other in rushed movements. Business was back in action for Leticia Morelli.

Walking by the tables, greetings were given to her in respect. Small smiles upon their faces when they saw the woman enter their line of sight. Stalking over to a certain desk, Leticia stopped in front of it, her heels giving off their last clack gaining the attention of the one at the desk.

The figure looked up, the hazel eyed woman coming face to face with a dark ring around the woman's eye. What looked like what was once purple now turning a dark shade of blue.

The makeup Kennedy had put on to cover up the injury, failed to do its job. Jutting her arm out, Leticia waved her head to the right, "Walk with me, darling."

Kennedy sheepishly nodded already knowing where the conversation was going to go. Trying to get up out of her chair as balanced as possible, she rounded her desk linking arms with the Morelli beauty. Welcomed with more greetings from her team, Lettie politely nodded to them as she made way to her office.

Opening her door, she strode in with the younger woman on her arm finally letting go so that she could allow her to sit. Leticia walked over to her coat hanger to take off her long coat. Kennedy rubbed her hands together in anticipation, "Lettie, it's nothing. He got drunk again and-and he-"

With no direspect, the brunette woman swiftly cut Kennedy's spewing of words. She wasn't too fond of the excuses she was coming up for her fiancé. In her eyes, that man deserved no mercy.

"If I'm correct, in two days time that means it will be exactly one year since you've been involved in this business, isn't that right Kennedy?"

Walking over to her desk, she stood in front of it leaning her palms on the edge. Kennedy furrowed her brows with a slow nod of her head, "Yes, I guess so."

"You have helped in maintaining this businesses structure, and I praise you for that."

Her smooth voice carried though the room and into the younger woman's ears. Kennedy had no idea where she was going with this, "Well, you took me in when I had no one else."

Leticia nodded, her gaze landing to the side of her wall where a picture of her favorite landscape hung.

"Lettie, where are you going with this?"

The Morelli woman brought her hands in front of her, fiddling with the rings on her fingers particularly the crystal studded one, "The one rule we are all encouraged to follow with no doubts. We protect our own, Kennedy."

Kennedy internally groaned, shutting her eyes for a moment she ran a hand over her face being careful not to touch her eye, "God-Lettie, I said I have it handled. It was just a drunk slip up. He's doing better, I promise."

The fierce gaze penetrated through the younger woman's eyes seated in front of her, "How many more excuses are you going to conjure up for him, aye? How many more times is this going to happen until he finally goes overboard and you end up bloody unconscious?"

Kennedy stayed silent, the nineteen years old shakily sighed, "He said he'd change."

"Yeah, that's what they all say until they are right back into their cowardly ways."

Leticia pushed off the desk, taking the short step to end up in the chair right next to the distraught woman. Laying a hand upon her forearm, the older woman of the two gave a reassuring squeeze, "You know I will gladly step in if need be, Ken. I just want you safe. You're family."

Kennedy put her small hand over Leticia's, taking in the comfort that she was providing for her. Her mind was for once at ease from her words. Kennedy sniffled, collecting herself altogether before her mood shifted, "I have some information for you."

Kennedy was the eyes and ears of this fine business. With the right wordplay she could get anyone to talk. If it's in a friendly manner or taken more direct, she got the latest news that was flying around in the air. It was good for business, kept everyone on the edge of their seats and always three steps ahead.

Seeing that their previous conversation was long gone, Leticia turned in her seat crossing one leg over the other, "Hm, does this information have anything to do with those coppers?"

Kennedy sat up straighter, "You heard then?"

Lettie nodded, her leg mindlessly swinging in a rhythmic motion, "Florence and Nina brought me into the loop just now."

Kennedy shifted in her seat to lean over to the Morelli woman as if telling her a secret, "Well, supposedly the one leading those coppers on the streets is Chief Inspector Campbell. An old hag, really, who got word that the Blinders have done something unspeakable."

Leticia stared off into space, already a million thoughts running through her head, "So it is the Shelby's."

Absentmindedly lost in thought, Leticia asked, "Do you happen to know what this 'unspeakable' crime must be?"

Kennedy pointed a finger out with a click of her tongue, "Now that I'm still working on, but my guess would be maybe the killings? Theft? I'm not too sure."

Leticia nodded once again, "Keep me updated."

Like as if physically seeing the wheels turning in her head, Kennedy narrowed her eyes, "What are you thinking, Lettie?"

A silent moment passed before Leticia got up with a pat to the younger woman's arm, "Nothings set in stone for now."

Walking over to her coat hanger, Leticia shrugged on her coat as Kennedy spoke, "You won't tell me?"

Turning around, the Morelli woman smirked, "Not yet, but trust me, you'll be the first to know."

Kennedy perked up all of sudden, a thought passing through her head that she forgot to mention, "Oh, and one more thing. Thomas Shelby was spotted down in Chinatown with a beautiful new horse. The name Monaghan Boy, I believe."

Leticia hummed, to preoccupied with her own overwhelming thoughts to really pay attention.

"-powder trick was casted upon the poor thing."

Those particular words snapped her back into the present. If a certain Shelby was using trickery upon an animal it could only mean one thing. He was planning to use the magic to help him win in the races. But that couldn't be all, no it couldn't. That alone seemed too average and ordinary for Thomas Shelby.

Taking the key out from her pocket that she swiped from the box, she walked over to the safe in her office. Opening it she grabbed her fine point needle sticking it into her updo to keep it hidden. Grabbing her knife she lifted her skirt tucking it into her thigh holster. Locking the safe back she put her key back into her pocket.

Kennedy got up from her seat walking with Lettie side by side. Watching the way she grabbed her knife, the younger woman knew this may be a dangerous game they were getting themselves into, "Should we inform everyone?"

"Not yet," Opening the door to her office, they both exited calmly, "I want to make sure I have all the details first."

Stopping by Kennedy's desk, Leticia stood in front, "Is there anything else you picked up on this Mister Campbell?"

Kennedy sat down in her seat, tucking herself in more comfortably. Looking over her notes quickly, she stopped at a piece of information that would be important.

"Yes, actually. He didn't fight in the war."

The hazel eyed woman bit her lip in thought. Smacking her lips with raised eyebrows she tutted, "Out of all the towns and cities, he cocked his way in this one. He'll soon find out he's going to regret stepping foot on this soil."

Before turning on her heel to walk out of the hidden shop, she pointed a finger at the younger woman with a austere look, "Pack your bags, you're staying with me for a few days."

Kennedy looked down in slight embarrassment. She felt like a nuisance, she knew Lettie already had a lot on her plate she didn't need anymore problems in the mix. No matter how many times the brunette woman reassured her, Kennedy would always feel like a burden.

She was embarrassed that she had let this happen to her.

The nineteen year old was brought back and out of her thoughts when a delicate hand tilted her chin up, "Head up, dear. Your crown is falling,"

"You shall not feel ashamed, for no man is truly a man unless they release all knowledge that entails they are superior over a woman."

2021 june 24
not edited
Le-tea-see-uh <- pronunciation

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 3.8K 31
As kids, they'd been convinced they'd hate each other forever. But when Bryce's life began to fall apart at the seams, Tommy was always trying to pie...
69.6K 1.3K 48
Thomas Shelby based One Shots
67.4K 3.3K 34
๐™‘๐™ž๐™˜๐™š: ๐™ž๐™ข๐™ข๐™ค๐™ง๐™–๐™ก ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™˜๐™ ๐™š๐™™ ๐™—๐™š๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™– ๐™ฌ๐™š๐™–๐™ ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™จ๐™จ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™—๐™š๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™๐™–๐™—๐™ž๐™ฉ. ๐™‘๐™ž๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™š: ๐™—๐™š๐™...