Extra Company

By Juniperlives43

*Not completed just preventing wattpad from deleting it* Gandalf searches for someone who could prove useful... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
IMPORTANT
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 30

2.2K 88 9
By Juniperlives43

Bard looked outside of his window in his jail cell, seeing the dragon flying their way. The alarm bell began to sound as the dragon grew close. "Saharia." Bard breathed out in disbelief, thinking she was torn apart by the giant winged lizard.

Tauriel looked at the sky, her eyes glimmering in sadness as the dragon was the one that came out flying from the mountain. "As fast as you can." She told the children as she loaded them into the boat.

"We're not leaving, not without our father." Bain spoke as he looked up at the she-elf sternly.

Tauriel looked down at him sharply, "If you stay here your sisters will die. Is that what your father wants?" She questioned as Bain looked down, knowing she was right, then stepped onto the boat as she climbed on after him, before using the oar to push the boat away from the docks. Just in time as the dragon flew over them, people began to scream out in fear and warning, urging each other to get a move on.

Bard watched from his window as the dragon came around, before shooting out a stream of raging flames, the screams of terror turning into screams of agony as the flames spread quickly. He used his body to hit the house, causing pieces of wood to go flying, some of the houses collapsing in response.

Bard then noticed a rope out of the corner of his eye, grabbing a hold of it before throwing it out of his cell window just as a boat filled with gold went under him. The rope wrapped around the master of lake town, causing him to gasp and flail wildly trying to get free as he was pinned to the back of the boat. The weight of the boat was able to pull out the wall, freeing Bard from his prison as he began to make his way to the armory.

He killed out the window, jumping into the room grabbing a holder filled with arrows along with a bow. He kicked out the roof tiles before looking around, watching Smaug continue on destroying the town. Bard's eyes then locked onto the tower, he climbed onto the roof before beginning to make his way to the tower.

Smaug then took notice of Bard, his eyes narrowing in his direction, a stale scent of the mountain wolf on him. He turned around heading straight for Bard, Bard noticed this, sliding down one of the roofs to avoid being crushed by the large dragon's body as it scraped against the rooftop.

Bard continued on making his way towards the tower, climbing up to the very top as he aimed his first arrow at the dragon, it flew through the air before bouncing off the dragon's scales. He then noticed how beat up Smaug looked, scales missing here and there along with long scratches and bite marks. "Thank you Saharia, your effort won't go in vain." Bard mumbled to himself as he fired an arrow, the arrow digging deep into Smaug's open flesh causing him to let out a roar in annoyance as he turned sharply to Bard.

"He hit it!" Bain shouted as he looked at the she-elf. "I saw it." He added as he looked back up at his father, watching him fire arrow after arrow.

"No ... these arrows cannot pierce his hide. I fear he is only irritating the dragon further. Nothing can stop it." Tauriel spoke before she noticed something flying high in the sky before it dived down crashing right into the dragon knocking it aside as it began to make its way back to Bard, planning on destroying the tower. The dragon's body crashed down on top of the houses.

Bard looked at the creature in shock, a white furred mountain wolf standing in front of him. "Saharia ... you're alive!" Bard spoke with a relieved smile, before he looked her over, seeing she was in worse shape than Smaug, however fight remained in her eyes as she glared at the dragon.

"You insolent dog!" Smaug roared, making Bard jump as he looked over watching the dragon stand up using the houses as support. "I should have killed you in that mountain." He growled as he lashed his tail side to side in annoyance.

Saharia turned to look at Bard locking eyes with him, "I'm so sorry. I wasn't strong enough." She spoke through his mind, his tone filled with guilt and sadness, as if she could feel the pain of every innocent soul living in the town. She then turned her head to glare down at the dragon. "You have no right to attack this town!" She growled, her tail lashing from side to side.

"I have every right!" Smaug growled before lunging forward, attacking from in the air. Saharia turned herself around sharply, swinging her tail to collide with his side, a small crack sounded from the impact as Smaug tumbled into the houses.

I then charged forward, locking into battle with Smaug once more, making sure not to misplace a step into the water. I used my wings to keep myself balanced and to be able to move quickly out of the way if need be.

Bilbo and the company watched from where they were, their eyes locked on the two beasts. "Who's winning?" Kili questioned as he crouched by Bilbo's side while Fili crouched on Bilbo's other side.

"I can't tell, they look equally matched." Bilbo responded as the others watched from behind him, all but Thorin who was turned to the halls of the mountain which Bilbo noticed. Worry filled his gaze as he watched reenter the mountain.

Bard watched from his perch, pulling back his bow before firing an arrow, digging another arrow into the dragon's flesh. He let out a pain filled howl before she shoved him towards open water before shoving him under the cold water with her two front paw-talons. "Saharia!" Bard called out as Saharia was pulled along with him, the both of them fighting under the water.

The ripples eventually went still as all was quiet, the only sound being that of the raging fire, everyone who was watching waited for whoever would pop to the surface. A falcon cry echoed across the night sky, circling above the village, its eyes training on the area of the water the two large creatures disappeared under, its bluish grey feathers ruffling in the wind.

"No!" Most of the dwarves screamed out as they watched Saharia get pulled in, each one of them waiting in anticipation.

Then scarlet red began to decorate the surface of the water before something shot out of ice water carrying a limp body in its jaws. Bard looked up, before smiling in triumph as Smaug's body laid limp, his neck in the clenched jaws of the mountain wolf.

The company let out cheers in celebration, the dragon was dead. It's evil reign over the mountain now, finally, over. "The dragon is dead!" Kili and Fili both shouted at the same time as they jumped up in excitement as Bilbo let out a sigh in relief, lowering his head before letting out a laugh in celebration as well as he looked up at the burning town, Saharia's figure could be seen in the distance.

Saharia threw Smuag's body into the middle of the flames, "May your body burn here and in the after life for the sins you have committed on my kind and other species." She spoke, lashing her tail from side to side, before turning around walking towards where Bard was, stumbling slightly as she walked. "Climb on, I'll take you to shore." Saharia spoke to Bard as she leaned her body close to the tower allowing him to jump on her back.

She then extended her legs, walking with a slight limp towards the edge of the town before dropping herself in the water, swimming across the great lake till she reached the shore line, stopped just before the land, lowering her body to the ground so Bard could slide down. The people of the village looked at her in awe, despite her fur being covered in ash and blood, her wounds beginning to become a problem, they saw her as the most beautiful creature they have ever seen.

Saharia stood back up as she dipped her head low, "I would like to apologize. To all of you for the past and the present." She started as the people all turned to her including Tauriel who had the children by her side. "If I would have been able to kill the dragon inside the mountain and when he first arrived years ago, you all wouldn't have suffered so greatly." She spoke with guilt lacing her tone.

"It is not your fault." Bsrd spoke, causing me to look at him in surprise, as his children ran up to him embracing him. "Smaug was tough, your wounds are proof enough." He stated as he nodded to her, gesturing to her state.

She gave him a nod before she lifted her paw out of the water, placing it down on the sandy soil, "Regardless I present you a gift." She spoke as different types of plants began to grow rapidly from the ground, as all sorts of fruits and vegetables grew from the plants. "I hope this will ease your troubles, even if it is just a bit." Saharia spoke as she gave them a small nod before forcing herself to stand, walking back into the lake to swim across making her way back to the mountain.

"Where is going?" Bard asked as he kept close to his children.

"My guess is back to the mountain, she needs a safe place to heal." Tauriel answered with a frown, watching Saharia's form swim across the lake towards the mountain. "She's going to slip into something called a healing sleep, to which she won't wake unless her wounds are fully healed. Or at least that's what legends say." Tauriel added, looking back over at Bard.

Saharia climbed out of the water, her broken wing sliding against the ground as she walked with a slight limp in her step, making her way towards the entrance of the mountain.

"Saharia! You were amazing!" Kili exclaimed as he ran up to my feet.

"You did well, lassie!" Dwalin added as the dwarves, along with Bilbo came over, before each one of them went quiet as they saw her state. Saharia slipped to the ground in the great hall as her vision began to blur.

"Let her rest, she had a long day today." Balin spoke as he placed a hand on Bilbo's shoulder who watched her disappear in the halls.

Saharia laid her head down, her vision began to grow dark as a small rumble left her throat before her form went limp, her side slowly rising and falling. A falcon flew by the entrance of the mountain, herbs clutched in its talons as it flew into the cave to the mountain wolf, seeming to be tending to her wounds.

Thorin looked over the mountains of gold with a hungry look in his eyes. "Erebor ... is finally ours!" He screamed out as he looked at his nephews.

No one expected the dangers to soon come following the dragon's death. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 6.4K 41
*SPOILERS BASED OFF ALL HOBBIT MOVIES* "This whole story; from beginning to end, was one of the best and most intriguing stories I have ever read on...
4.9K 98 18
When Kaya's asked by Gandalf to join the company of Thorin Oakinshield as their scout to help them reclaim their home. She hesitates at first but agr...
4.5K 82 20
I am sure you have all read or watch the Hobbit. There are 13 dwarves, 1 hobbit and a wizard on a journey to reclaim a mountain. Which is the dwarves...
154K 4.2K 89
*This is a Hobbit fanfiction* Iridian is a girl who was orphaned, living with a dwarf. One day, Thorin comes to her and her guardian, saying it's ti...