Make Me Golden

By aandyP

"Even love isn't strong enough to stop someone from leaving you." - Hallie Talin "I won't leave you Hallie. N... More

00| the beginning
01| a party mishap
02| blunders of last night
03| the day after
| aesthetics |
04| proud and disappointed
05| disappear
06| serve me
07| follow my command
08| what he wants
09| his kiss
10| beautiful world
11| tears falling
12| bundles of flowers
13| getting ready
14| bad date
15| sorry gift
16| knock at midnight
18| lasting forever
19| night terrors

17| a promise

172 9 3
By aandyP

♚♔♚♔♚

"The pasta is really good. Almost better then mine." I said smiling brightly at Darius who watched me eat.

"Really? Does it taste like yours?"

"Yup." I pipped taking another big bite. It tasted really good.

Darius turned his attention to the forgot television that was playing on this whole time. "So, what is it that you were watching?"

"Oh just a silly cartoon. Nothing else." I said.

He only hummed and squinted his eyes at the bright screen tilting his head. "I never really watched cartoon shows as a kid. It's quite fascinating with all those strange creatures running around."

I gaped but he paid no attention still staring at the television in awe. His lips held a tiny gap as his eyes were a little wider then usual. I could feel my heart swooning while looking at the handsome man watching the cartoon with such captivation.

"No way! You have to be kidding!" I proclaimed putting my hands on top of my head.

He finally looked at me again. "I am not at all kidding. Quite serious actually."

"So, you have never watched Jimmy and John!" He shook his head.

"What about Spy Kids?" Again same response.

"Little Rider?" Still nothing changed. By now I was swirling my arms in a circle in desperation. 

"Alright. Alright that's okay. But please, please tell me you have watched these movies. I will be dead if you haven't."

I moved closer to him putting on the most serious face I could muster making him move closer with our faces only inches apart. "Please tell me you have watched the classic Princess movies. Ever kid has have to have seen them. It's like a hidden rule that ever kid must follow."

A restrained cry almost broke out from within me when I saw the confusion written clear as day on his face. My hands flew to his cheeks bobbing his head side to side.

"We need to watch them pronto. I'm going to get ever princess movie DVD and we are going to watch them all. Okay?" I stated and he nodded in response with huge eyes.

"Good." I released him and properly sat down as he did the same. From the corner of my eye, I could see his flushed cheeks and I was most likely in the same situation.

I can't believe I grabbed him like that!

What in the world has gotten into me! I think I'm spending to much time with Darius.

"Sorry about grabbing you like that."

"Oh it's o-okay."

I let out a forced chuckle that faded away quickly in the uneasy atmosphere. 

We ate the rest of the pasta in silence watching the show. Darius seemed to be focused on the tv but I could tell something was bothering him by the way he fidgeted with his fingers on his lap.

"Miss Talin, I have something to give you." He said turning to me.

"What is it?"

"Here."

He pulled out a tiny box from the inside of his dress coat. I grabbed the box and stopped for a moment to admire it's outer decorations before carefully unwrapping it eager to see what lied beneath it. My hands gently pulled the item out allowing my eyes to see the beautiful necklace.

"D-Darius, I do-don't know what to say. I can't take this." I put the necklace back and handed it to him but he pushed it back to me.

"Do you not like it? Is it not to your expectations?"

"No, it's really pretty. I love it but I can't accept a gift that I do not deserve." I tried to hand back the box but he did not accept it.

"I got this gift specially for you. I have done many bad things to you and I wanted to show you that I am really sorry for all the pain that I not only caused you in the past but also the future. I can't ensure that I won't hurt your feelings again in the future but I can only pray that you will still be willing to forgive me."

"Darius." His name was the only thing I could say.

"Miss Talin please accept it. For me."

My body moved before I could comprehend my actions. I removed the small distance between us wrapping my arms around his waist pushing my body against his.

"Thank you." I muttered softly. "Thank you Darius."

His whole body froze with his hands limply at his sides. Despite his lack of reaction my arms stayed wrapped around him almost refusing to let go.

Slowly, his hands began to move. It felt like torturous hours believing he was about to push me away. But he never did.

Instead he wrapped one hand around my waist and the other holding my head protectively. We stayed in this position for long minutes neither of us letting go.

Who would have thought I, Hallie Talin, would one day be hugging Darius McKnight late at night. It was like a dream but in reality it was very real. His touch was a proof of this yet deep in my mind it was telling me it was all fake and that it would soon all disappear and that this was just an illusion. This made me hold on to Darius tighter.

Even though I knew this was wrong, I didn't want it to be fake.

"Miss Talin, it is very late." Darius spoke aloud.

I could only hum moving myself closer to him wanting to feel more of his heat.

"I should be going."

I didn't pull away and neither did he.

"Why are you not letting go Miss Talin?" He questioned almost accusingly.

"Why aren't you Darius?" This made him oddly quiet.

I shifted my face so that I could see his expression only to see that he was already looking at me.

"I like this." He whispered.

"Me too."

I knew this was not our first hug but it sure felt like it. Last time he hugged me I was crying over what my father had said to me that I was not able to fully appreciate his comforting actions.

Darius may be mindless but he was also caring and I was able to witness that now.

Yes, he made mistakes but he was willing to realize them and even admit to being imperfect predicting he would make more mistakes in the future.

He was trying.

"I should be going now." Darius finally said separating from me and curse my heart for feeling a sting of pain with his lack of presence.

He stepped away walking to the door and I followed him. Once he reached the doorstep he turned to me. "You know Miss Talin I just realized it may have been better to have eaten at my place then yours. We would have had more space."

I chuckled turning around to see the bed with the messy utensils and the tv still on close by. It definitely was a tight cramp and it definitely wasn't the most suitable ideal place for a first date.

"Though I don't regret it."

Neither did I.

"I hope we may be able to do this again. I quite enjoyed it and I promise to not ruin the next date." This caused a laughter to erupt in me and I was glad to see the small smile on his face too.

"I would like that."

"Then it's a promise."

With those words he left going to the room next to mine. I knew he was close but yet it felt like he was miles away. I shouldn't have made that promise as it was only drawing him closer and I needed to push him away for Ava, but I couldn't pull myself to do it.

And I hated myself for it.

I knew the more time I spent with him the worse the outcome would be but my heart dismissed the thoughts. And the worse part was that I too didn't care.

And I hated myself for it.

♚♔♚♔♚

They're getting closer *smiley faces*
I just LOVE their moments together!
p.s. yes the shows are made up don't come for me haha.

thank you for the love and support
sayonara

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110 16 11
With a heart of gold, he feels like no one sees the real him. Instead, they see his position, the golden boy, Mr. Popular, Queen B's boyfriend, a bu...
34.7K 3.1K 23
"Why are you ignoring me?" "Ahh---Lucas I don't know. Whenever I have tried to trust someone I have been betrayed. Even my so-called friends have hur...
45 34 34
Sometimes the one you love, is just a temporary part of your life *********** New college student, 18 year old Hallie Cook was looking forward to the...
9.8K 377 34
●COMPLETED● Fan of erotic and heated love scenes? Well, you've come to the right place. No under 18s allowed🚫. The funny thing about love, is that...