Carina's Little sister

By username0448

More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
A/N
41
42
43
44
45
A/N please read

32

1.4K 47 6
By username0448

[No one's POV]
Enzo fell asleep yesterday but he woke up multiple times and each time he checked that the door was still open.
Enzo was really nervous to sleep and also wake up today, he didn't talk so much yesterday because the poor boy was super scared. Not wanting to do anything to make them angry or upset with him so he just thought it would be for the best if he talked as little as possible.

"Good morning Enzo, did you sleep well?" Maya asked.

"Yes ma'am" he said.

"Remember that your supposed to calm me Maya, no need for the other names" she said calmly.

"sorry, slept good Maya" He said.

"Great, Carina is making breakfast downstairs so I was just wondering if you have any allergies that we should know about" she asked.

"I don't think so" He answered.

"Okay, we were thinking of going to the mall to get you some clothes and more personal things for your room today. But only if your comfortable with that of course" she said.

"You don't need too" He said and sighed.

"We want too" she said.

"I'm only staying here for a couple of days before I go somewhere else right? That's what the Lady said that I Uhm needed an emergency placement" He tried explaining.

"Oh that's not what an emergency placement means Buddy, it just meant that you needed a safe home fast"

"We are not planning on sending you away, we want you to stay here so we can get to know you" she said.

"Okay" He said quietly, taking in all the new information.

He thought for a moment, imagining all the different scenarios that could possibly happen if he went to the mall with them. Sure it would be a lot of people but it will probably not take so much time.

"I can go to the mall with you" He said.

"Awesome, let's get downstairs and eat some breakfast then" she said, she held out her hand for him to take but He didn't reach out his hand. This might all be a trap.

She gave him a smile instead, they walked to the kitchen together.

He stood by the table waiting for someone to tell him where he could sit or stand.

"You can sit down by the table, the breakfast is done soon" Carina said.

He sat down and Carina handed him a plate with something he did not know what it was, a lot of fruit and berries too.
There was a lot of food, not even sure he could manage half of it.

"What's that?" He asked and pointed at his.plate.

"Ah you've never tried that? It's French toast" Carina said and looked a little surprised that he didn't know what it was.

He started eating as they sat down with him.
As he had finished half of the plate he couldn't get anymore food down.
Enzo looked at Carina Maya and Sofia, all of them had finished their plates.

"It's okay if you can't eat all of it, please have some more water tho" Maya said.

"Sorry" Enzo said.

"It's okay" Maya said and smiled.

Enzo finished the glass of water then they started getting ready for going to the mall, mostly them getting ready since he had borrowed a pair of Sofia's sweatpants and one of Maya's T-shirts.

"Is there something specific you want for your room? Like wallpaper or something?" Carina asked.

"I like the wallpapers as it is" He said.

They are a nice color actually, a light blue color.

"Okay, we can look around for a little bit and you just tell us what you like" She said.

"Okay" He said as we buckled in and Maya drove us to the mall.

It made him feel a little bit more safe that Sofia seems happy and safe here, that means he might be safe here too. He thought she seems nice.

"We're here" Maya announced as she parked the car.

They walked in to a furniture store where they started looking at duvet covers and blankets.

Enzo followed them around the store.

"What about this one?" Carina said and held up blue duvet covers.

"What do you think about it?" She asked.

"I-I like it" He said nervously.

"Alright let's get those and some blankets" Maya said.

They grabbed matching blankets.

"Should we pay for these and then go get some clothes" Maya said to Carina.

They payed for the stuff then we walked over to the other store where they started looking at the clothes.

"What colors do you like?" Maya asked.

"Uh I-It- I don't know" He said getting a little bit nervous of the amount of people that were in the store.

"Are you feeling okay? Here take some of my water" Maya said and handed him her water bottle.

Enzo grabbed it with shaky hands and took some small sips.

"A-a lot of people" He said quietly.

"You know what? Why don't we go wait outside so Sofia and Carina can pick some clothes for you instead?" Maya said calmly.

"Y-yes" He said.

Maya held out her hand for him to take once again and this time he accepted it and grabbed her hand as she led him out of the store.

[Maya's POV]

As I kept an eye on Enzo when we sat down outside the store I saw his chest falling and rising in an uneven pattern. He looked around multiple times and tapped his fingers on his legs.

"Enzo?"I asked gently.

He didn't react.

"Enzo?" I asked again.

His attention turned towards me.

I took his hand in mine gently and placed them on my lap.

"Your safe here, okay?" I said.

He shook his head.

"Can you try tell my why?" I asked carefully.

"Too many p-people" he said and closed his eyes.

"There are people here but they're not going to hurt you and they won't get close to you, it's safe here" I said.

"Let's breath deep breaths together, In and out" I explained calmly.

He kept his eyes on my hand and soon enough I could see his chest starting to fall and rise at a more even rhythm.

"Good job buddy" I praised.

He didn't make a move to take his hand back so I just kept it on my lap gently stroking my thumb over it.

Carina and Sofia walked out of the store with multiple bags of clothes.

"You can look at all the clothes when we get home, hope you like them" Carina said to Enzo.

"Thank you" he said.

We walked thru the crowd of people and I could feel Enzo walking closer to me still holding my hand.

As we got home to the apartment we sat down by the couch the four of us.

"Do you want to look at you clothes?" I asked carefully not wanting him to be overwhelmed again.

He nodded his head slightly.

I handed over the clothes and he looked thru the T-shirts then went over to the sweatshirts.

"I-I like it" he said and let out a small tear.

I opened my arms for him and he reluctantly crawled in to my embrace.

"I had one of these before- my sister gave it to me for my birthday" he said.

"That was nice of her, where is she now?" I asked.

"I-I don't know, they took her away" he said.

Both Sofia and Carina sat next to us with sad expressions on their faces.

Eventually his crying calmed down and he made his way out of my embrace to sit up straight.

"Thank you" he said and smiled.

"Your welcome" I said.

"Want me to help putting them in your closet?" Carina asked him.

"Yes please" he said.

[Carina's POV]

I picked up the clothes and made my way down to his room, he followed me there and grabbed a shirt.
He tried folding it neatly like I did but had no luck.

"Here, like this" I said showing him step by step.

He did as I did and it turned out good.

"Great job Bambino" I praised.

I changed his duvet covers in to the new ones we bought for him and placed the matching blanket on the bed.

"Do you think you'll be okay sleeping here tonight?" I asked.

"Door open?" He said hesitantly.

"Of course, you can have the door open" I said and smiled.

He yawned.

"Are you tired? Do you want to sleep now?" I asked.

"Yeah" he said.

"Why don't you change in to your pajamas, I'll be back in a minute" I said and walked out to get Maya.

I told her to come with me so we could say Goodnight.

We walked in to his room together, he stood by the window.

"Ready for bed?" I asked.

He nodded his head and crawled under the covers.

Maya and I laid down on each side of him, he placed his small hand in mine and looked at Maya.

Maya slowly and gently reached her hand towards his brown curly hair, she started stroking his hair.

He let out a small quiet sigh.

I could see him fighting sleeping and constantly looking at the door.

"Close your eyes" I said quietly.

"Open" he said.

"Yes the door will stay open, we promise" I said.

Slowly his eyes started closing and he fell asleep, still holding my hand and resting his head against Maya's hand who still continued stroking his hair for comfort.

Neither of us dared to make a move to get out of his bed as he had just fallen asleep so we decided it would be for the best if we stayed here for the night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

383K 13.4K 86
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
393K 8.1K 35
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
175K 3.6K 31
Rhiannon Walker, Harper McLean, and Amerie Wadia were best friends. Until one night at a music festival changes everything. Now Rhiannon is trying to...
890K 35.2K 45
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...