Luz Noceda, The Fighter

Por Jss2141

What if Luz was put in a combat sport at a younger age in hopes of making friends by her mother? Owl House A... Más

Kickboxer in a Magical World
The Deliveries and the "Quest"
What An Abomination
In Light of a Curse
Might and Magic
The First Class
Moonlight Madness
Words Hurt!
Knocking and Swapping Heads
The Second Class
The Human Appreciation Society
The Knight VS The Queen
The Dangers of Publishing
Ice Ice Baby
The Third Class
Big Trouble at the Small Carnival
The Might of Your Memories
Fighting Fear
Grudgby Cancelled?!?!
Anger and Agony
Be a Fighter, Win or Lose!
The Glyphing Gun by Morningmark on Tumblr
Special Collab Chapter: Battle Witches!
The Golden Bounty
The Blightful Challenge
The Truth of the King
Mother Knows Worst!
The Blues: Class, Adventure, and Library Rules
The Golden Opportunity
The Melody of Revolution
Problems and Solutions
Eclipse Showdown
The Abandoned Life?

New School, New Troubles

1.8K 55 11
Por Jss2141

Luz's attire in this story: A red sleeveless open hoodie/hoodie vest, black sports tank top that goes to her stomach, dark blue shorts, black leggings to her calves and black steel toed slip on sneakers.

Luz's Glyph Gloves: Elbow length grayish black gloves with a texture mix of paper and leather, smooth yet tough. (Added to attire since chapter 5)

Light Glyph: Located on the palm, below the middle and ring fingers, center.

Fire Glyph: Located on the palm, in the area below the thumb.

Plant Glyph: Located on the palm, above the wrist at the base of the hand below the center of the palm.

Ice Glyph: Located on the palm, in the area between the thumb and pointer finger.

Her Kickboxing stance: Fists in front of her face, knees slightly bent, right foot back and her left foot forward.

It was a new day for the Boiling Isles, a special day for certain witches as Hexside was having it's annual placement exam tryouts for it's upcoming semester.

"Alright, kid, you ready to show him what you got?" Eda asked her, backstage at the auditions.

"Yeah, I am but I'm a lot more nervous than I thought I'd be. Principal Bump has already seen my kickboxing and he should know I already know two spells but I'm still nervous." Luz said as she took deep breathes.

"It's natural to be nervous, kid. I did the same thing when I was your age, it's basically a right of passage. Though I was more skilled in magic." Eda said, bragging at the end.

"Eda." Luz groaned at her.

"Right right, it's about you and you got this! I've helped you train for this." Eda said as she turned Luz to the stage. "Now get out there and show Bump what you can do!"

With a push given by Eda, Luz went out on stage as the curtains moved to shine a spotlight on her with a banner for the entrance exams above. The only one in the auditorium was Principal Bump and he held a clip board in hand for the exam.

"Alright Luz, I already know you can somehow do magic with your...humany parts and perform interesting fighting moves but I don't know what types of magic you can use or how you use them. Please, show me what else you know." Bump said to her from his seat.

"Alright, I'll show you all that I know." Luz said as she turned to the side and got into her fighting stance, bouncing on her feet.

'First, let's show him some light magic.' Luz thought, hitting the light glyphs on her gloves.

The glyphs flashed yellow before her hands were consumed in light and Luz perform a flurry of jabs with each hand, letting behind light trails of her speed before making a giant light ball and threw it to the ceiling. It exploded and fell in a gentle shower of orbs before Luz switched glyphs.

'Now fire.' Luz thought as her fists were set ablaze, spinning around to give a downward hook, uppercut, and straight jab that launch a fireball into the wall, leaving a scorch mark.

Crouching with a spin, Luz dragged her hand on the ground to leave a trail that grew in a ring/pillar of fire around her!

"My word!" Bump said in shock before Luz burst out, flames coming from her hands as she flew around the room.

'Steady, just like you practiced with Eda.' Luz thought, flying a bit uneven but stable enough before she landed by on the stage. 'Now for plant and ice.'

Using the latter glyph, Luz dragged another circle under her before she was pushed into the air under an ice pillar! Luz back flipped off the pillar after 12 feet and landed on the stage before using her plant glyph.

"Now for the finisher!" Luz shouted as she slammed her hands to the ground, a green flash washing over the stand before large vines grew behind Luz to form a familiar giant plant fist! "Nature's Wrath!"

Spouting a name without thinking, Luz reeled her right fist back to control the plant fist and make it smash the ice pillar into pieces! Taking deep breathes to alum herself after her fast pace display, Luz pulled her arm back and let the giant plant creation recede into the ground. She turned to Principal Bump to get the results of her exam and saw he had a shocked face with a dropped jaw.

"So...what's my score?" Luz asked as she walked to the edge of the stage, hopping down to the floor.

Bump didn't say anything, just handing Luz a red pamphlet that had a raging, green, muscular one eyed monster holding up a giant book.

"I guess this means I pass." Luz said with a smile, holding the pamphlet.

"Way to go, kid!" Eda cheered for her.

The very next day, Luz and Eda flew back to Hexside for Luz's first official day as a student. She was donned in a different uniform from the standard one, it was a white, pale gray, and slightly pink version. She also had a purple backpack on on the end of the staff and her glyph gloves still on her arms. The whole ride had been a bit silent as Luz was preparing herself for the school, wanting to make a good impression as an official student.

"You nervous, kid? You've been pretty quiet the whole ride." Eda said to her.

"How could I not be nervous? Magic school is completely different from normal school, it's my first chance to make a better impression than coming off as a tough girl that can knock your teeth in." Luz said, describing her time back in her realm.

"Hey, you don't have to be nervous, kid. They already know how cool you are from the Covention and you said you've got some students in the kickboxing class you teach that like you, you'll be fine." Eda said to her, looking back to her. "And if you need to assert your dominance, just punch the biggest kid in the room."

"...Eda, this is not a prison. This is school." Luz said as Hexside was over the horizon.

"It's the same thing, Luz." Eda said to her.

Landing in the campus grounds, Luz hopped off the staff and grabbed her backpack from the end.

"You know, if you want to back out now, you can earn the latest patch of the bad girl coven." Eda said as she pulled out a merit badge like patch with an elf wearing an orange sideways cap and black shirt. "The quitter badge, you can try once and then give up."

"The day I quit is the day I quit kickboxing, which will never happen." Luz said as she put her backpack on and walked ahead. "I'll see you after school, Eda."

"Now hold on just a minute." Eda said, unscrewing her hand and throwing it at Luz.

It grabbed her head as Luz didn't even flinch, simply turning back to Eda and snatching it off her head.

"Don't do that." Luz said as she threw the hand back, which Eda caught.

"Duly noted but I needed to tell you to stop worrying. You got this." Eda said as she put her hand back on her arm.

"Thanks, Eda. I'll keep that in mind." Luz said as she walked to the school, waving goodbye to Eda as she flew back to the owl house.

As she walked to the school entrance, Luz past by a familiar girl with giant beige horns on the sides of her head from the abomination track and a tall, skinny guy from the Construction Track tying a unicorn to a bike rake.

'A unicorn is a bike here?' Luz thought in confusion before she ran into Amity.

The Blight student had an Abomination walking behind her, was mimicking her movements as she carried two books under her left arm and it did the same.

"Hey, Luz. Great to see you passed, I heard you actually made Principal Bump's jaw drop." Amity said with a giggle.

"That I did and that it did happen." Luz said with some confidence as she held her hand up. "Give me five."

Knowing what a high five was, Amity gave Luz a high five but the human quickly dodged as the abomination copied the high five and almost hit Luz's face with it.

"Sorry about that." Amity quickly apologized as Luz stood straight again.

"It's fine, I'm fast enough to avoid it. I'll see you at Kickboxing class after school." Luz said as she and Amity parted ways.

"See you, Luz." Amity said, waving goodbye to her.

After Amity was gone, Luz had only one question for herself about something important.

"I'm still wondering why they chose to begin the the new semester on a Friday." Luz said to herself.

"Who knows? Schools are weird." a familiar voice said, surprising Luz as she looked to see King coming out of her backpack!

"King?! What are you doing here?!" Luz said as she grabbed the demon and pulled him out of her bag.

"Just hitching a ride!" King said as he jumped from Luz's hand and into a nearby garbage can, scrounging until he pulled out a half-eaten donut with purple frosting. "This place is a half-eaten buffet, so much delicious food left un gobbled up!"

"Okay, fine. Eat to your hears content but if someone asks why your here, I don't know you." Luz said as she walked away, leaving him to his garbage.

"Whatever. Have a great day, random person." King said until he turned around and saw a student standing near the garbage can.

He was in the abomination track, had green skin, round buck teeth, and a head with slightly pointy bumps around it.

"I really needed that, thank you." he said to King before he left on his merry way.

Back with the human student, Luz had reached the front of the school and saw her friends waiting for her.

"Luz!" Willow and Gus said with glee.

"Hey, guys! Happy to see you came to greet me." Luz said to them.

"Who wouldn't want to greet a fellow "classmate" on her first day?" Willow asked with a wink and a pose.

"We'd be idiots to miss this." Gus said as he drew a spell circle and threw up an illusion banner but instead of saying "Congratulations," it said "Better luck next time!"

"...Is this some kind of joke?" Luz said with a blank face as Willow glared at Gus.

"Sorry, I was just...covering all bases." Gus said, embarrassed.

"It speaks volumes about you that you would assume I would fail, Gus." Luz said as she shook her head at him.

"Anyway Luz, turn around and look at those banners." Willow said as she walked up to Luz, gesturing to the banners that hung around the front of the school. "Each one of the banner's shows the heads of the main nine covens. Each one excelling during their time in Glandus High, St. Epiderm, or Hexside. You ready to walk the same halls as they did?"

"You bet I am. I'm as ready as title match." Luz said as she hurried inside. "I'll see you guys at lunch, at least."

Rushing to the locker she was assigned, tickling it to put her bag inside, Luz then headed for Principal Bump's office and entered to see him watching a crystal ball.

"Good morning, Mr. B. Just here to pick up my school schedule before the bell." Luz said as she walked up to Bump's desk, her hands in her pockets.

"First, do not call me that. Second, I'd like to inform you that the Emperor's Coven will be sending an inspector to evaluate the school, so you'll need to pick a coven track first before you can receive. your schedule." Principal Bump told Luz before picking up a rule book on his desk. "And before you go think you can choose multiple tracks, the rulebook clearly states that each student must "hocus focus." One track per student, just like the coven system."

'I should've guessed that.' Luz thought as she looked up at the nine coven mini banners above Bump's desk.

From left to right, it was Potions, Abominations, Plants, Healing, Construction, Beast Keeping, Illusions, Bard, and Oracle. Each track had an amazing aspect about it and Luz wanted to chose more than one for that aspect, but she couldn't afford to get in trouble on her first day as a student or afford to be late for class. So, Luz picked the one that had interested her the most since seeing it at the Covention.

"I choose...the Construction Track." Luz said, pointing the dark brown banner with a rock fist as the symbol.

"Construction eh? Interesting choice." Bump said to her, looking at the banner.

"Well, they caught my interest at the Covention with those power glyph patches, so I want to learn more about them." Luz said.

'And maybe see if I can get some for emergencies.' Luz thought as she remembered the boost of strength the patches give in both body and magic. 'If I can get those for my gloves, it'd be a major power boost.'

"Very well, construction track it is." Bump said as he drew a spell circle, causing Luz's blank Hexside uniform to transform into one matching the Construction Track.

A grey tunic and a small darker grey cowl over it with brown sleeves and leggings.

"Seriously, you guys need to tell a girl before you suddenly change her clothes. It feels too weird." Luz said, getting shivers up her spine like when Eda changed her clothes for the Knee.

"Apologies. And I expect you to be on your best behavior, Ms. Noceda. With all the incidents that have happened last semester, the school could use a donation from the Emperor's Cove to fix it all." Bump said as Luz looked over all the incidents listed.

'Oh my god, these all include me.' Luz thought with wide eyes.

From top to bottom, pictures were shown of the the abomination classroom covered in abomination muck from when Willow brought her in as her abomination project, the burned detention door and room from when Gus brought her to Hexside for the Human Appreciation Society, and the school hallways with multiple vines in the halls from when Willow helped her escape after Bump wanted to dissect her for being such a high grade "abomination."

"I...will be sure to not cause any trouble, sir. I promise." Luz said as she held up her left hand and put her right hand on her chest. "Kickboxer's promise."

"Good, now off to class." Bump said as he drew a spell circle, making Luz levitate out of his office.

Though as Luz was levitated out of his office, she screamed as a strange looking brown witch hat with a creepy looking face attacked her! One quick fireball later and it was on the floor in ashes.

"The Choosy Hat, it brok-" Bump said before pausing, seeing the hat as a pile of ashes on the ground. "...Consider that extra credit for your first day, Luz."

"Um, thanks?" Luz questioned before she walked off to the construction track classroom.

Walking through the school, Luz reached the Construction Track classroom and saw it was almost like high school shop class except the their were no power tools, all the current tools were old fashion, and there were provided crates of hard hats and safety goggles. The construction track teacher was one of the same witches from the Covention's Construction Coven presentation and he was waiting for the students to get their hard hats and safety goggles for class to start.

'Better hurry.' Luz thought as she quickly grabbed a hard hat and goggles, both of them seemed to be too big for her until they suddenly glowed and shrank to match her size. 'And magical adjustment, nice.'

"Alright students, settle down." The teacher said as everyone went to a table, Luz taking the one on the second row to the front near the door by herself. "Today, we will be reviewing what we learn about the power glyph. A simple item yet it can grant great power, a power that is needed for handling any big construction or deconstruction job. Today, you'll be using the power glyphs provided at your table to lift and break apart the boulders provided."

'Boulders provided?' Luz thought in confusion as she watched the teacher draw a spell circle and summon wrecking ball sized boulders onto each study desk, two for tables with two students at them. 'Oh! Alright then.'

Turning her gaze at the rectangle bowl on the table, full of the same power glyphs she saw at the convention. Square patches with a stone gray colored fist that had a thunderbolt crack through it on the front. She picked one up and peeled the back off before looking at the front.

"Okay, let's see how strong you can make me." Luz said to herself as please the sticker on the back of her right glyph glove, feeling a rush of power flow through her before she got a bit dizzy. "Woah! Head rush."

Shaking her head clear, Luz turned her focus to the boulder on her table and took a breath before she grabbed it. Luz thought it would be impossible for her to lift it but she was shocked to see she could lift it easily! It didn't even feel heavy at all, like a pillow in her arms instead of a large rock!

'Holy shit, these things are awesome! No wonder Tiny went crazy at the Covention, anyone would with this power boost!' Luz thought as she tossed the rock in the air and caught it with one hand before tossing it back. 'I could get use to this. Wait a second...'

Remembering her gloves main ability of allowing magic to being imprinted on them, Luz set the boulder back on the table before she pulled the power glyph off...to see the stone fist had been imprinted on the back of her glove! This was a shock to Luz, she only thought the original magic glyphs could be imprinted but apparently patch glyphs like these could be added too!

"Well this is a good day." Luz said to herself, smiling brightly as she put the power glyph patch on the table and tap the new symbol on her right glove, watching it flash brown as the power boost from before came back. "This will be a great for the future!"

Focusing back on class, Luz spent the rest of the period testing her new strength with her power glyph. Apparently it worked like a light switch, push it once for a boost in strength and push it again to turn it off. Eventually, the class came to an end with an unusually gentle ringing instead of the usual screaming and ringing.

"Well, that was a good workout." Luz said as she rolled her shoulders, walking out of class. "And I get a new power up from it, now let's see what the rest of my day is like."

Pulling out a scroll from her pocket, Luz saw it was full of classes related to the Construction Coven.

•Building for Beginners

•Demolishing for Beginners

•Building for Beginners (again)

•Heavy Lifting

•Tool Use and Management

•Demolition with Tools

"Yep, just about what I expected from a track revolving around building but at least it'll help be bulk up." Luz said as she put her schedule away.

She was about to move on to her next class, Luz felt something hit her foot and looked down to see a purple crystal ball rolling on the ground.

"What's this doing here?" Luz asked as she picked it up, gazing at her reflection. "Who would leave a perfectly crystal ball just rolling in the hallway? Or maybe it rolled off by mistake?"

Looking around the hall, Luz caught the sight of an open closet full of crystal balls but one stand was empty. This confirmed that the crystal pall must've fallen off by mistake, probably from someone not closing the door right or the shelf is unstable.

'Better put this back and hurry to class.' Luz thought as she walked to the closet, placing the crystal ball back on the stand. 'There we go, all be-'

"What do you think you're doing, Ms. Noceda?" A voice said, making Luz flinch before she turned around to see it was Principal Bump looking down at her with disapproval.

"Oh it's you, Principal Bump. I was just putting this crystal ball back on the shelf, you see it rolled off and hit my foot and I was just putting it back." Luz explained to him.

"Yes, it does appear that way...OR you could be sneaking to study other coven tracks when I specifically said you can only study ONE." Bump theorized, narrowing his eyes at Luz.

"What?! No, I was just putting it back. I swear!" Luz said as she turned to him, taking her hands off the crystal ball. "You know me, I wouldn't do something like that. Though I am curious of the other tracks, I'm respecting your rule!"

"Perhaps but on a day as important as today, I can't take that risk." Bump said as he grabbed Luz by her left wrist. "You'll have to come with me."

Before Luz could reply, the school principal pulled her though the halls of the school as everyone else went about their day.

"Wait, this is just a huge misunderstanding! You gotta take my word for it!" Luz said as they passed a trash can, where a certain little demon popped out after eating some "snacks." "King, you need to vouch for me!"

"Oh, okay! I don't know you." King said, remembering what Luz said about embarrassing her earlier today.

'God damnit, you stupid, adorable, fuzzball.' Luz thought as she mildly glared at King while Bump kept dragging her down the hall.

Before long, Bump had arrived at a classroom with bars on the door window before he opened it and pushed Luz inside. The inside of the classroom looked more like a prison with dull gray walls and bars over the windows and inside, and 3 random student and one teacher sitting inside.

"Principal Bump, where are we?" Luz asked as she turned to him.

"This is a place we're all who attempt to cause trouble are put." Bump said as he drew a spell circle, turning Luz's uniform legging and sleeves from brown to gray. "This is the Detention Track."

"Detention Track?! But isn't detention suppose t-" Luz shouted in shock.

"Be shut down for fire damage repairs? Yes, it is but I'm using this room for a new track to keep troublemakers away from the Coven Inspector." Bump said as he turned to leave. "You can try for a new track NEXT semester."

"Next semester?! But I won't be here for next semester!" Luz said to him.

"Then perhaps this wasn't meant to be. I'm sorry, Luz." Bump said as the door shut in Luz, leaving her in the Detention Track.

"Urgh!" Luz groaned as she clenched her hair, HATING how today went down the toilet so fast!

If there was one thing she hated most about school, it was being unlawfully thrown in detention, something that happened a lot back home. Removing her hands from her hair, Luz sighed heavily as she turned to everyone else in the Detention Track currently staring at her.

'Another thing I hate, being stared at in detention.' Luz thought as she walked to the other students, sitting next to the only other female inside the room.

The girl had brown hair with four wefted bangs and a messy bun held together by a dark orange, spiky hair tie, green eyes with one lash on the top and one lash on the bottom, and a fishhook earring in her right ear. Her uniform cowl patterned ripped and held together by a large thumbtack in the middle and her skirt is ripped on the side and tied together.

Next to her was a dog had a human-like face, covered with chestnut fur with light tan fur on his stomach and neck area. He had dark orange tufts of hair on his head and two ears pointing upward, with a small gold hoop earring on his right ear. He had blue eyes hidden behind green tinted square glasses with white tape in the middle and black eyebrows. His uniform was only a cowl and two sleeves for his front legs.

Next to him was the last of the trio and the tallest of the group, he had brown short hair wefted over the right side of his forehead, thick black eyebrows, a pointed nose, and brown eyes. His uniform was normal except that his cowl hood was ripped.

"Hey." Luz said to the girl, who simply looked out the windows of the room instead of answering. "...Nice spiked hair band, I guess."

"Hey! No talking in detention!" The teacher said as he looked up from his scroll, he had a long head, white hair with matching mustache, pinkish purple skin, and three pairs of red eyes with glasses over each, wearing a black robe with white sleeves. "One more peep out of you kids, and you're cleaning this room again."

Of course the teacher not even fully watching them was an asshole, still Luz couldn't let him unjustly punish all of them just because she tried to stir up a conversation.

"Hey, lay off them! I was the one trying to make conversation. If you're gonna punish someone, punish me." Luz said, taking the blame as she stood up from her spot as the other three turned to her.

"Oh, so you want to be a hero, kid? Fine by me." He said as he drew a light blue white spell circle, making a mop and bucket appear in Luz hands. "Now get cleaning."

Grunting at the ass of a teacher, Luz left to clean a corner of the classroom as the girl that didn't reply to Luz smiled at her as thanks for taking the blame for them. Even if they didn't do anything wrong in the first place, it was still nice.

Two class periods of time passed as Luz had spent it cleaning the the detention room as the man that was watching over them was just sleeping in the chair he sat in, not even bothering to teach them anything or even let them do anything.

'This is even more boring than detention back home, at least we had some school work to do.' Luz thought as she used a rag to clean some bars on the open window, right as a group of young witchlings were coming by with a spider woman leading them.

"Now, class. Today we're going to have a special field trip, to the astral planes." she said with a smile on her face.

"Yay! I do! Me!" the 5 children cheered as they followed after their teacher.

"Lucky, even if that seems to dangerous for kids." Luz said with envy, leaning against the window sill.

"Luz!" a voice called out, making her turn to see Gus and Willow running up to the window.

"Guys? What are you doing here?" Luz asked as she leaned up.

"We could be asking you the same thing." Willow said to her, looking up to Luz.

"We didn't see you in any other classes." Gus added.

"Well, thanks to a certain misunderstanding involving a crystal ball and a need to impress an inspector, Principal Bump placed me inside the Detention Track under the crime that I was studying beyond my track." Luz said to them.

"The Detention Track?! You don't get to do anything in there!" Willow said in shock, knowing of the unwanted track.

"You'd learn more from paint drying than being in there." Gus added.

"Yeah, I know first hand." Luz said with a sigh, crossing her arms outside of the bars. "I just wish I could talk to him and explain but that stupid inspection is all he can think about."

"Well maybe we can talk to him for you." Willow suggested with a smile.

"Yeah, we'll get you out of that room! Or die trying!" Gus said with a determine look.

Willow just turned to him and gave a stern look with narrow eyes, shaking her head in disappointment.

"Okay, nobody dies." Guys quickly said as Luz giggled at the moment.

It felt so nice having friends that would have your back.

"Thanks, guys. And good luck." Luz said before they left her to find bump, mumbling the last bit. "You gonna need it."

Sighing to herself, Luz got up from the window sill to get back to cleaning until she felt someone tap her shoulder.

"Hmm?" Luz hummed as she turned around to see the girl with the spiked hair band standing behind her.

The girl had a smirk on her face as she gestured for Luz to be quiet, pointing to the sleeping teacher.

'Don't talk, or you'll wake him.' Luz interpreted as she nodded to her. 'Okay, so what do you want?'

The girl waved for Luz to follow her as they walked to the chalkboard to the right side of the teacher, the girl picked up a piece of chalk as she smiled back to Luz.

'Alright, you have some chalk. Now what you to tell me?' Luz thought as she raised an eyebrow at her.

But instead of words, the girl drew a square with a keyhole in the middle before tapping the keyhole and twisting the chalk like it was a key. Luz was surprised to hear an actually sound as the square glowed before opening to reveal a secret hallway!

' A secret door? This school just keeps getting cooler.' Luz thought as the girl climbed into the square door and gestured for Luz to follow her, which she gladly did.

After closing the door, Luz looked around the hallway and saw didn't have much in it. Just some decor and lights.

"What is this place?" Luz asked, knowing it was safe to talk now.

"This is the last room you'll ever see alive." The girl finally spoke, glaring at Luz as she jab her finger into her chest.

This didn't intimidate Luz as she glared right back and grabbed the girl's finger.

"Is that a threat?" Luz asked as she began bending the girl's finger, making her drop the act.

"No no! It's a joke, I was just messing with you!" She said, feeling a lot of pain right now!

"Really?" Luz asked as she leaned forward before smirking, releasing her finger. "Me too. Sorry if I scared you too much."

"It's fine, I might've started off on the wrong foot with intimidation. I'm Viney." The girl said, Viney, as she shook her finger of pain. "You're the human everyone's been talking about, the one with that kickboxing stuff?"

"That's me, names Luz." Luz said as she shook hands with Viney. "So where are we anyway? Not that I'm complaining."

"A place where I wanted to say thanks, no many people would defend me and my friends like that." Viney said as she lead Luz down the secret hall. "As for what this place is, it's something unreal. Something only troublemakers like us an appreciate."

"Troublemakers like us? Well, I won't deny that." Luz said a she thought to her school record in the human realm.

"And you shouldn't. Be proud of it because now, Luz, you have access to..." Viney said as she opened the door at the end of the hall, ignoring the keep out sign. "The Secret Room of Shortcuts!"

True to its name, Luz gapped in away as she stepped into what looked like the inside of a tower with trap doors, front doors, and windows covering the walls all around. Doors and windows of varying shapes, sizes, and colors layer over gray bricks with a spiral ramp under all of them.

"Holy shit." Luz mumbles as Viney shouted to a random door.

"Jerbo, Barcus! You can come, she's cool!" She said as a random door opened, letting Jerbo and Barcus reveal themselves.

"I don't know, V. How do we know she ain't a rat?" The tall one said before looking down to the dog student. "Barcus, what do you think of here? Can she be trusted?"

"Ruff!" Barcus said, or barked, as Jerbo seemed to understand him.

"Interesting. Barcus says your aura is strong and fierce like a ragging flame yet gentle and warm with the silliness of a baby's laugh." He said before he smiled at Luz. "Welcome!"

"Thanks. And don't worry, your secret is safe with me." Luz said as she looked over the room again. "I can't believe Hexside has a place like this, it's insane! Do you guys know where all these doors go?"

Walking to the closest door on her right, Luz opened it to peak and see the hallway of Hexside with Amity pacing in the middle.

"So she goes to school with you now? That doesn't change anything, it's no different from class every week." Amity said to herself, talking about something before Luz silently closed the door to stop watching her.

'That is not my business.' Luz thought.

"These doors lead all over the school, to any room you can think of." Viney said as Luz turned around to her. "We stumbled upon it after Bump threw us in the Detention Track. The one who made this room is known as...Lord Calamity!"

Gesturing to a picture frame in the room, Luz saw a portrait of someone with artistic graffiti all over it and names of other people, including Viney, Jerbo, and Barcus, all around it.

"This wall has become a symbol of the righteous troublemaker of past and we have added our names to honor it." Jerbo said as he walked to the painting, preaching like it was religious.

"Yeah, that does seem pretty cool but what do you use this place for, besides obvious shortcuts through school?" Luz asked Viney as Jerbo joined her.

"Since we aren't allowed to study any coven track, we use the doors to peak in on all of them and study in secret." Viney said as she pointed up to Barcus, who was watching a lecture in the Oracle Track.

Luz went up to catch some of it herself...but all she saw was the teacher making a paper fortune teller.

'Seriously?' Luz thought, her impressed feeling being equalized by disappointment.

Seeing Barcus make one himself, Luz smiled at how happy he looked before she jumped down to join Viney and Jerbo as they sat on the floor.

"You guys seem like the one that love going to school, so why would Bump throw you in the Detention Track?" Luz asked as she sat next to Viney.

"Well, we might've loved it too much. The reason we're all here is because we all tried mixing magic from two different tracks." Viney said with an awkward look on her face.

"I tried mixing plant magic with abomination magic, ending up destroying the Plant Track room." Jerob said with a nervous smile before looking at Barcus, who came to join them. "Barcus tried mixing potions with oracle magic, scared the teacher unconscious."

The dog like demon nodded to Luz as he rubbed the back of his head.

"I tried mixing healing magic with beast keeping to have an assistant, but ended up breaking a wall." Viney said before smiling to Luz. "We may have made mistakes but that just shows how much we want to learn. We all want to study more than one track but Bump always says...

"Hocus focus, one track per student. I know but I don't agree with that. There's nothing wrong with mixing magics, it could turn out into something entirely new and amazing." Luz said as she used her gloves to summon a light orb and a fireball, pulling them together to form a golden flame. "Sure you caused some accidents but that all a part of progress, I think you guys are cool for wanted to mix magics."

"Yes! Finally someone sees that! If only Principal Bump could see that!" Viney said as they all smiled to Luz, who extinguished the gold flame.

"I think he could but his mind is stuck on this dumb inspection today. Maybe if we talk to him, we can convince him. We're his students, our education should mean more then stupid rules." Luz said before a new voice rang.

"Luz! Are you here?" Willow called out, making everyone turn to the chalkboard door. "We're here to get you out of this horrible class!"

"...For the record, I did not say this was a horrible class. You guys are really cool in my book." Luz said as they all turned to her.

Deciding to check out who this was, Viney walked towards the secret door and opened it to peak at Willow and Gus standing in the detention room.

"Maybe Luz already left?" Gus suggested.

"I don't know, maybe she went to the bathroom. They can get bathroom break here, right?" Willow asked as Gus shrugged.

"Friends of your?" Viney asked Luz as she looked back to her.

"Gus and Willow, I asked them if they could talk to Bump about this misunderstanding but now, I'm going to see if I can talk to him about you guys too." Luz said to them.

"You'd really do that for us? CAN you do that for us?" Jerbo asked with some hope in his voice.

"Achoo./(Your light is even brighter than the expected.)" Barcus sneezed/said with a look of surprise.

"Of course, I'm not gonna leave my new friends high and dry. Us troublemakers stick together, remember?" Luz asked as she held her fist out to Vinet before quickly explaining. "If you don't know what this is, it's a fist bump. Humans do them to show friendship or to go with greetings."

"Oh! Cool!" Viney said as she bumped her fist with Luz's. "And thanks Luz, it means a lot to us."

Nodding to her new friend and waved them goodbye, Luz opened the chalkboard door and stepped out.

"Hey, guys." Luz said as Willow and Gus turned to her, seeing her close the door.

"Luz, there you are. Where were you?" Willow asked as Gus looked to the sleeping teacher, holding a mop in hand.

"That's a secret but something else comes first. Did you guys manage to talk to Principal Bump for me?" Luz asked her.

"No but we have a way to get you out so you can talk to him yourself." Willow said as she looked to Gus. "Gus, get the thing."

"On it." Gus said, dropping mop and running out of the room before coming back with a trash can. "You can use this as a disguise so we can get you to Bump. It's even got holes in the bottom for your legs!"

Luz stared at the trash can for a few moments before she began walking and pasted Gus.

"I am not wearing a trash can, I'd rather risk getting caught by the trouble sniffers." Luz said as Gus and Willow looked at each other before dropping the trash can an following Luz.

Though for some reason, Gus quickly ran back to the Detention Track room and picked up the mop.

'I must know how deep a sleeper you are!' Gus thought as he propped the mop onto the teacher's face.

The teacher showed no reaction to the wet mop as he continued to snore and push a bit of the mop from his mouth.

"Man, you are a DEEP sleeper." Gus said before running off to catch up with Luz and Willow.

The walk to find Principal Bump was mostly quiet as the group steered clear of any trouble sniffers, determined to get Luz and the others out of the Detention Track.

"So Luz, before you were put in detention, what coven track did you choose?" Willow asked.

"Construction. It was mostly for the power glyphs but it is an interesting class, I even got a need power up from it." Luz said as she showed them the back of her right gloves hand, the Construction Coven symbol on it to symbolize the power glyph. "It's works like a switch, push it once for a boost in strength and push it again to turn it off."

"Cool! That's gloves really are the coolest, I want a pair of them myself." Gus said to Luz.

"Sorry, Gus. Eda said this material is rare, so you might not be able to find it just like that." Luz said as she snapped her fingers.

"Dang it! Man, I would've been so cool." Gus said before noticing a teacher running down the hall next to them with a large creature chasing her! "What the heck is that thing?!"

Turning to where Gus pointed, Luz and Willow gasped as the teacher tried to fight the monster! Only for it to EAT her spell before she fell over, grayishly pale with a look of horror on her face!

"Aaah!" The trio screamed as Willow and Luz hugged each other in fear.

"Hehehe." The monster chuckled as they took in its appearance.

It had a head of indigo hair held up in a swirled bun with some dangling off the sides, pale yellow skin, green eyes that were froglike and droopy, Webber ears, and a serpentine body with large, sharp scale clad arms and hand with claws. She wore a torn dress is torn and widened, and the entire body is serpentine. The most intimidating feature was its large mouth that could open up abnormally wide, filled with m sharp teeth rows of teeth, and could swallow enemies whole!

"Such cute little morsels!" It said in a female like voice, licking her lips.

"We may be cute but we're not your morsels!" Willow said as she drew a spell circle and slammed it into the ground, creating a plant monster with four petals that held a giant eye each, a maw in the middle, and four large vines behind it.

'Damn! Since when could Willow make plant monsters?!' Luz thought in awe before shaking her head!

"You're going down!" Luz shouted as she made fire fists with her gloves, getting into her stance.

"Let's do this!" Gus shouted as he drew two spell circles, summoning 3 clones of him self while also transforming Willow's plant monster to have veiny, muscly arms! "Bring it on!"

"Correction, bring it to me!" The monster said before she opened her mouth, sucking in air as they all stood strong.

Though, that wasn't any good either as Luz watched in horror as it sucked up all of their magic! Her flames, Gus' clones, and Willow's plant monster; all of it was eaten like a meal!

"She's eating our magic!" Luz shouted before her friends fell to the ground, becoming pale. "Guys!"

"What...happened? I feel so weak." Willow said as she tried to draw a spell circle but it crumbled to the ground.

"Foolish children, did you really think you can stop me?" The monster asked them before looking at Luz, seeing she wasn't like the others. "Mmm, looks like I forgot some dessert."

Taking another deep inhale, Luz stood firm as the beast sucked in the air around her but no magic! The reason was that Luz didn't press a spell glyph, so her attacks couldn't be eaten!

"What?! Where is the magic?! I ate your first spell earlier!" She said, leaning forward to sniff for any magic on Luz. "Where is your magic?!"

"Well sorry to disappoint you, but..." Luz said as she pushed her power glyph, feeling a rush of power through her body. "I'm a human, bitch!"

With the strength of the power glyph, Luz uppercut the monster and sent it tumbled down the hall to crash into the lockers!

"Guh!" It let out in pain as Luz picked up her friends!

"Suck on that, you freak!" Luz shouted as she ran off, carrying her friends to safety! "If that thing has been draining people all over school, there might be only three people left to help me!"

Rushing back to the Detention Track room, Luz saw the door was still open and quickly got inside before kicking it shut. The teacher was still sleeping without a care, with a mop on his face but Luz didn't care about that now.

"Hang on, guys. I'll get you someplace safe." Luz said as she looked to the secret entrance and unlocked it, pushing Gus and Willow though. "Sorry for the drop!"

Picking them up again, Luz rushed them into the main tower room and kicked the door open.

"Luz, you're back!" Viney said in surprise.

"Yeah but not for what you think, the school's in trouble!" Luz said as she gentle put her friends on the ground, making the trio got to them in worry.

"What happened to them?" Viney asked, her time in the Healing Track making her worry for their health.

"Some giant snake thing is in the school and it's draining everyone's magic!" Luz said as she turned off her power glyph, walking to a door on the spiral walkway and cracking it open for them to see.

The saw the same monster as before in another hallway sucking the magic out of other students before Viney quickly shut the door with Jerbo and Barcus walking up to them.

"We can't let it see us. I know what that thing is, I heard about it from a Beast History class and my cousin at St. Empiderm. It's Greater Basilisk and they're suppose to be extinct!" Viney explained to Luz.

"Well this one seems to have survived. And so think I know how, it must've been impersonating the inspector Principal Bump was talking about to get in and drain everyone. Probably got the other magic schools to like on the news." Luz said as she looked over the trio. "If we don't stop it, everyone might never recover."

"But if Principal Bump-" Jerbo tried to say.

"Who cares about the rules?! Saving the school takes priority and if Bump can't see that after we're done, fuck him!" Luz said as she jumped off the walkway and turned back to them. "Our school needs us and we're gonna save it! Now, how about we troublemakers cause some trouble for that Basilisk?"

Looking towards each other, the fellow Detention Track students nodded with determination in their eyes. Back with the Greater Basilisk, the creature had recovered from the blow from the human and continued to drain more students of their magic. Though, for some reason, a few random students managed to get a kick or a punch in her before she drained them.

"More. I need more." She said as she drained Amelia, leaving her on the ground as she moved on. "My hunger is not satisfied."

"THEN HOW ABOUT A NICE KNUCKLE SANDWICH!?" a scream came before the basilisk was suddenly punched in the in the jaw by a speeding something!

It sent a few teeth flying as the monster hit the ground, groaning as she rubbed her and slowly rose to see the HUMAN from before flying in the air with fire coming from her hands! It would be more difficult normally but with some help form her new power glyph, Luz managed to pull it smoother than the first time. Both in the flight and the strength behind that punch.

"YOU!" she screamed in rage, growling at the human.

"Yeah, me." Luz said as she wavered in the air a bit but still managed to stay flying, a still needing practice before getting used to flying. "Still hungry, you slimy bitch? Then come and get some Grade A human beef!"

Taking off to the right, Luz flew off as the Greater Basilisk crawled after her in rage to eat her with her bare jaws! She didn't care if the human had no magic, she just wanted to tear her apart and eat her alive!

"Viney, now!" Luz shouted as she landed with a skid, spinning to face the basilisk.

A griffin suddenly flew out from another hallway and tackled the beast to the ground, holding it in place as Viney ran up to them.

"Good girl, Puddles!" she said before shouting to the floor. "Now Jerbo!"

Below her, Jerbo was in the secret shortcuts room and prepared a spell circle while an abomination opened a new door on the floor next to him.

"Got it!" He said as he summoned vines from his spell, reached to a door at the ceiling.

As the Basilisk knocked Puddles off her stomach, a magic shortcut doorway opened under her and caused her to fall in as Luz and Viney walked to it.

"Time to end this!" Luz said as she jumped into the door.

Falling into the secret room of shortcuts, the basilisk got stuck in the door Jerbo's abomination opened before Luz stomped her through! Both of them landed in the auditorium as Luz hopped off the monster while the basilisk crashed into the floor.

"Barcus, show her her fate!" Luz said as she landed on stage.

"Ruff.(Got it.)" He said as he walked to the Basilisk's right hand, pouring a purple potion on it before giving her a palm reading.

"W-What's going on?" she asked as she turned her head to Barcus, watching as his eyes gained a purple glow with magic fire pouring from them.

"Ruff ruff ruff ruff. (Your future is full of pain.)" he barked/said as the monster looked confused.

"What is her doing? What if he saying?" she asked with worry.

"Just a little palm reading and he's saying your future is painful." Luz said as Jerbo and Viney stood next to her, smiling deviously at the monster before Luz walked up to her.

Using the ice glyph, Luz froze the monster's hand to the ground as she nodded to Puddles and the abomination Jerbo summoned. Jerbo's abomination pulls at a rope before Puddles cuts with her beak. The rope drops sandbags onto the inspector's stomach, forcing her to scream as all of the magic it ate is released in a beam tat separates into hundred of magical orbs that flew away to return to the bodies they were taken from.

In the aisle of the auditorium, two orbs flew back into Bump and Amity as their color returned and they took a deep breath of life. Students and faculty all over the school did the same, breath deeply and regain their color with their magic, as many more flew out of Hexside to return to other people of Glandus High, St. Epiderm, and so on. As everyone else reclaimed their magic, Viney was healing her griffin from a small injury before it nuzzled her and flew away.

"Hahaha! We did it!" Luz said as she hugged Viney before breaking away as Jerbo and Barcus walked over to them. "You guys came, you saw, and you rocked!"

"And you shall be punished for it!" Bump said as he got up, walking to the group. "Leaving your homeroom, mixing different magics, and having a secret hideout inside the school!"

The hideout Bump was pointing upwards to was the Secret Room of Shortcuts, where Willow and Gus had awoken and hidden in to prevent getting in trouble.

"Okay yes, to all of that but who cares? We saved the school, THEY saved the school! Shouldn't that mean something?" Luz asked as she gestured to Viney, Jerbo, and Barcus; who looked ready to accept punishment. "And if you think about it, wouldn't they have a reason to have a secret hideout?"

"Maybe but the criminal mind is not meant to be understood." Bump said as he pulled out a rule book. "And if I could get an actual inspector this time..."

"ENOUGH WITH THE GODDAMN INSPECTOR! Is getting coven money for the school really more important than the welfare and happiness of your students?!" Luz screamed at him, reaching her limit about this money for repairs B.S.

"What?! Of course it's not! I-" Bump said back before noticing the looked of the three students he put in the Detention Track.

Viney and Jerbo focused more on the ground, not wanting to look at the possible disappointment and anger in his eyes, while Barcus stared at him with a look that said, "But I didn't do anything wrong."

"What the point of getting money for repairs if it means hurting your students in the process? They saved the school from the Greater Basilisk, which would've done more damage and cost more money to repair if we didn't stop it, but they get punished for it? They should be rewarded, not scolded!" Luz said as she crossed her arms at him "I get that rules are important but if you focus on them too much, you'll blind yourself to what's right in front of you."

"And...what is it?" Bump asked, feeling the weight of his mistakes.

"Three students with a lot of potential and you're gonna make it go to waste if you don't take your nose out of that rule book. You know what you need to do, sir." Luz said to him.

"B-But the rules." Bump said as he held the book close.

"Stop listening to the rules for once, ya dingus! Do the right thing!" Gus shouted from the roof door, throwing a fist into the air.

Feeling outnumbered and outsmarted, Bump gave a small smile as he put the rule book away and finally bent the rules.

"Very well, I can't fight such compelling arguments with such strong passion to back them up." he said as he turned to Viney, Jerbo, and Barcus. "Which covens would you three like to be in?"

The trio smiled brightly as they could finally study more than one track, all thanks to Luz. She keep her promise!

"Healing and Beast Keeping." Viney said first.

"Plant and Abomination, good sir!" Jerbo said with his hands on his hips.

"Ruff. (Potions and Oracle, Principal Bump.)" Barcus barked/said.

"So be it but you better not cause anymore incidents or else." Bump said as he drew a spell circle, turning their gray Detention sleeves and leggings into their desired coven tracks!

Barcus now had a right purple sleeve for the Oracle Track and a left yellow sleeve for the Potion Track, Jerbo now had green sleeves for the Plant Track and magenta leggings for the Abomination track, and Viney now had blue sleeves for the Healing Track and orange leggings for the Beast Keeping Track.

"What about you, Luz? Would you like to return to the Construction Track or do you wish to be in more than one like your friends?" Bump asked her as Luz looked down at her uniform, wondering what to do next.

"Personally, I don't know. All the tracks at school are so cool and interesting in their own ways but if I had to choose and even if it would be a work load, I'd like to study all of them." Luz said as she looked up to Bump.

"If you can handle it, so it shall be." Bump said as he drew a spell circle and changed Luz's uniform.

Her sleeves and leggings were washed over with a white light before fading to reveal her uniform was now multicolored! Her right arm had light green and dark green, her left arm had light blue and purple, her right leg had magenta and red, and her left leg had light blue and normal blue.

"Whoa! This is amazing." Luz said in awe of her one of a kind uniform.

"You know, there was one other student who wanted to study all the tracks as well." Bump said, drawing a spell circle and summoning...the portrait from the secret room of shortcuts? "Sad to say though, I never gave her the oppertunity."

With the wave of his hand, Bump cleaned the portrait to reveal the student who discovered the secret room of shortcuts, started the delinquent name wall, and wanted to study all the tracks at Hexside like Luz...was Eda when she attended Hexside. Her hair bright bright orange, her arms crossed, and a confident look on her face.

"Eda." Luz said before chuckling softly and shaking her head. "Why am I not surprised?"

After the Greater Basilisk was restrained and her mouth was clamped shut, the school day proceeded as normal as possible with four new students in multiple tracks. A historic day in Hexside history as the first school to allow students to enroll in multiple magic tracks.

Kickboxing Class Students: Gus, Willow, Amity, Boscha, Skara, Bo, Eileen, Asriel (goat cyclops), Amelia, and Kyle (skulls cap kid).

Light Glyph Uses: Illumination, blinding light blasts, flashing punches

Fire Glyph Uses: Fireballs, flaming propulsion, fire punches, fire barriers/pillars, fire flight

Plant Glyph Uses: Vine ropes/whips, giant plant constructs like a fist, fixing palismen, plant bomb to capture enemies

Ice Glyph Uses: Ice creation, ice cage, ice spikes/pillars

Glyph Glove Combo Spells:

Light and Fire = Golden Flames

Fire and Plant = Fire Whips

Special Moves:

Nature's Wrath, a giant plant arm and fist that Luz can control for a powerful punch.

New Symbol: Power Glyph patch from the Construction Coven. (Chapter 5, from the Covention.)

Uses: Increased bodily strength and magic output.

Location: Back of right hand.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

158K 3.7K 44
Beta Au : in which I imagine them as the ages 18/19. Amity Blight, top student. She prefers to be alone and only hangs out with her friend, Boscha, b...
60.4K 2.6K 83
Animal AU of The Owl house, still very much like cannon except paw-sibly gayer. Mostly Boscha redemption arc in the first few episodes, then Lumity o...
3.5K 212 36
At 17 years old Luz decided to run from home she manage to go between realms and ended up on the Boiling Isles. When she decides to stay and help Eda...
159K 4.7K 71
book 1 Luz Noceda gets into fights constantly in her home town. so her mother, Camila, sends her to live with a old friend of hers named Eda until he...