Always His | (Book 3) 18+

By thenuggiequeen

BOOK THREE OF THE BLACK SERIES *this book CANNOT be read as a stand-alone* -- "Get the hell off of me, Lucian... More

***description***
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
epilogue

seventeen

31.6K 950 482
By thenuggiequeen

AMELIA
**
***
*****

After work, Lucian and I spent the day chilling around his apartment, eating like pigs and watching movies. By the time we had to actually eat dinner, we decided to just order takeout and talk. If I'm being honest, I found it nice being able to do these kind of things with Lucian—things we never really did before—and I'm glad that we've both matured.

"You want me to drive you back to your brother's tonight?" Lucian asked, stealing another one of my chicken balls and putting it in his mouth.

I thought for a moment, eating another piece of sushi. "Staying one more night won't hurt anyone. Just because we've both had a couple of beers already and I can tell that you're a bit buzzed."

Lucian hummed, clearly unconvinced with my stupid excuse, and pulled me on his lap. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he tilted his head back slightly, pecking my lips. I returned it with a smile and Lucian grinned as I kissed his lips over and over again.

"What do you say we go back to the bedroom?" He mumbled, finally getting my attention.

I blushed at the smirk that curled onto his lips, feeling him pull me closer. Just our our lips touched, there was a heavy round of knocks on the door that caused me to pull back. Lucian groaned, putting me back beside him and standing up.

"Per l'amore di dio del cazzo," he muttered under his breath, giving me a quick peck on the lips before jogging to the front door.

The second it opened, a swarm of people rushed in—people being my fucking family. I shot out of my seat immediately as the loud chatter filled the apartment, noticing how Lucian's mouth had nearly fallen open.

"Oh my goodness!" Mom gasped, looking up to meet Lucian's shocked stare. "Lucian, you've grown at least four inches from the last time I saw you."

He opened his mouth, trying to think of what to say, but Mom had already pulled him down to her height, wrapping his arms around her. Lucian hesitantly returned it and glanced in my direction, causing me to shrug my shoulders. When she pulled away after kissing his cheek, she turned and smiled widely when she saw me.

"My baby girl, I've missed you!" Mom exclaimed, her eyes welling with tears as she pulled me to her. I immediately got a sense of comfort and felt my eyes water, closing them as I returned her hug. "I haven't seen you in so long, Mel. I thought you died."

I laughed softly and pulled back, smiling at her. "Well, you found me. What are you doing here? You weren't supposed to come up until the end of the week."

"Your brother called," she replied. "Said how you haven't been home in awhile and was starting to grow nervous."

My jaw dropped and I moved my stare to the door as I watched Hayden and Casey walk in. Hayden eventually met my stare after a moment and froze at the glare he was given, sending me a guilty smile. It wasn't until Mum pulled me out of my glaring trance that I looked away, to find her staring at me with a challenging look.

"Don't blame him for it, either," she told me. "Let's not forget that you have a lot of explaining to do as to why you're here and not there."

My lips parted in shock and I watched as she sat on the couch. Seconds later, I was pulled to a hard chest. I smiled as I immediately recognized my father's cologne, getting on my toes to hug him back. He chuckled quietly and kissed the top of my head, looking down at me with a grin.

"Don't worry about your mother," he mumbled, kissing my forehead next. "She's just trying to be the strict one of the two of us because I told her I'm going to try to be more patient with Lucian tonight."

I nodded and opened my mouth to say something but he cut me off. "That doesn't mean he's off the hook for the shit he did to you. It's going to take a lot more than just a few convincing words to even make me think for a second that he's changed from how he was before."

I didn't say anything—I couldn't. What the hell could I say to something like that? I completely understood why they don't trust him with their daughter but I'm happy with him now. A lot happier than I was when we first started "dating", if you'll even call it that. Would I be the same if I was in their shoes? One-hundred percent. But, being the child in this situation, I can't help but feel like they should cut him some slack when I know they technically shouldn't after I told them what happened between me and Lucian.

"Did you know they were coming?" Lucian asked quietly from behind me, moving his hands to my hips.

"No idea," I whispered back, resting my weight on his chest. "Did you tell them your address?"

Lucian shook his head. "Must've been my folks or Hayden."

I sighed, feeling him rest his chin on my head. "Of course." I looked up at him and he grinned. "Guess we're hosts tonight. Put a shirt on so you don't look so... tempting."

Lucian smirked but still obliged, pecking my lips before walking to the bedroom. I walked into the kitchen and began to grab some bowls and food to keep everyone's stomachs entertained. I was pouring some Cheetos into a bowl when Casey waddled next to me, her hand on her very stomach.

"So..." she trailed off. "You and Lucian are on good terms now?"

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "Yes. I told him we're taking this much slower than before and he's okay with that. Besides, I trust him so if he fucks it up I'm allowing Dad to kill him."

Casey laughed, resting her head on my shoulder.

"How are you and the baby?" I asked, rubbing her stomach. I smiled as I held it, feeling a gentle kick.

"Baby is a pain in my ass," she grumbled. "I'm always eating, sleeping, or..."

She trailed off and when I glanced into her eyes, there was a certain dazed look in them. I gagged at what I know she was going to say, grabbing the Cheetos and emptying the bag. Casey chuckled quietly and shook her head, moving her attention back to our conversation.

"You gonna tell me about it?" She mumbled, causing me to blush.

"Well—"

I was almost immediately cut off by Lucian entering the kitchen, this time with a shirt. He smiled when he saw the two of us, moving slowly pulling me to his chest and greeting Casey. She quickly dismissed herself after grabbing the several bowls of chips, walking into the living room to give us some privacy.

"What were you two talking about?" He mumbled deeply into my ear, causing my stomach to do flips. I inhaled slowly when he cupped my neck with his hand, tilting my head back.

"Nothing," I breathed back quietly. "Better hope my dad doesn't see you doing this."

He hummed dismissively, kissing my lips gently. With all of them too busy bickering about what to watch, Dad was too busy to care, anyway.

I smiled and nudged him away with my butt, feeling as his arms went around my waist. Lucian kissed my shoulder as I began to make some grilled cheeses, making me fight back a giggle whenever he hit a ticklish part.

"I have a meeting tomorrow," he said, resting his head in the crook of my neck, "so I'm expecting you to be on your best behaviour while I'm gone."

I chuckled. "I'm always on my best behaviour, Luc. Even if I wasn't, I'm pretty sure I'd enjoy the consequences."

He pulled back from me, his eyebrows raised and a surprised grin on his face. I chuckled and pushed him away again, fixing my attention on the finished grilled cheeses. Lucian spun me around right as I took the pan away and turned the stove off, helping move my arms around his neck before moving his hands to my waist. I smiled up at him and he gave me a short kiss, swaying us back and forth.

I rested my head on his chest and closed my eyes, relishing the moment... until I heard a camera shudder. I pulled away and looked in the direction of the sound, my eyes narrowing when Mom quickly hid her phone in the couch and turned to the television. Lucian laughed quietly and kissed my forehead, giving my butt a quick smack before grabbing the plates of sandwiches and walking into the living room.

By the time I had cleaned up the mess I made on the counter and walked in, Dad, Hayden, and Lucian were mumbling to each other in words I couldn't understand on a whole other couch. I pursed my lips but ignored them, sitting between Casey and Mom. It took about ten minutes for Mom to get my attention but when she did, I couldn't help but narrow my eyes after having caught her just a few minutes ago sneaking pictures.

"Don't give me that look," she said with pursed lips. "Hayden had to deal with it and now you do."

Casey laughed, shaking her head. "She did more gushing than I did when it came to him."

"Exactly." Mom looked at me again, sending me a gentle smile. "I'm glad you found the one you hope is good for you, baby, just promise me you have a better grip on your relationship than one you two were younger."

I nodded my head and rested my head on her shoulder. "I know. Before it was a lot more complicated but it's different now."

"How so?" Casey asked, running a hand through her hair.

I shrugged my shoulders, feeling my cheeks warm up. It's been awhile since I had this kind of girl talk with Mom and Casey. I feel like Lucian would be all pouty if I told them some parts of... whatever we are—I don't really care, though.

"Well, he's more open about himself," I mumbled, playing with my fingernails. "He trusts me and isn't so... so angry all the time. And he's a lot more caring and sweet and—why are you two smiling like that?"

Casey and Mom exchanged looks before meeting my skeptical gaze. Casey chuckled while Mom shook her head, running a hand through my hair slowly. She made a glance in the guys' direction before turning back to me.

"How in love with him are you, exactly?" Casey asked quietly, causing my entire body to burn up.

Is it really that obvious?

"I'm not," I grumbled.

Mom snorted. "Puh-lease. You two have had something going on since you were seventeen, Mel. It was bound for those feelings to slip in at some point."

I sighed, not responding. After that, movie played on right until the end before Hayden stood up and walked towards us. He stopped in front of Casey.

"What now?" Casey whined.

"We have to go," Hayden mumbled back. "The neighbours have to go to work early so we need to get Rose now."

She whined again. "I'm too big to move, help yourself pregnant wife."

He chuckled quietly and grabbed her hand, helping her up. After giving Mom a quick kiss on the cheek, he ruffled my hair and chuckled at my irritated huff.

"Call me!" Casey called out just as Hayden walked out with her, closing the door.

"I guess that we should go," Dad said, standing up all too quickly and helping Mum up. "We'll be here all week so we will be having a talk later, Amelia."

I cringed at the mere thought of it, forcing a smile ad the two slipped their shoes on and left. Lucian sat next to me immediately and I snuggled into him, glancing at the empty bowls and plates.

When the hell did everyone eat?

"You wanna head to bed?" Lucian asked quietly when he saw me yawn.

I nodded slowly and hummed as he picked me up, carrying me to his room. Since I was already in one of his shirts, all he had to do was take my pants off before crawling into bed with me. Immediately, I wrapped myself around him and rested my head on his chest.

"Goodnight," he chuckled, kissing my head.

I hummed, closing my eyes. "Goodnight."

*****
***
**

WORD COUNT: 2120

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 58.8K 61
He stared down at me with those cold dark eye's. Backing me up against the wall with his hand pressed against my throat he growled out. "Do you know...
243K 7.6K 40
Meet 19 year old Aqua she's not like other girls she's sassy when she needs to be but all around lovely and nice everyone loves her and she had a alr...
504K 22.3K 49
Book 1 He was cast to the edges of his clan. His father could not stand to even look at him. His baby sister probably didn't even know he was her b...
96.2K 2.9K 17
#3 in short story! 3/29/2019 #34 on Royals! 8/20/2019 #8 on heartfelt! I was walking to the grocery store when I thought some one was following me ...