When Engineer Reaches Sirius

By JobelDestiny

Superstar Sydney Arevallo is doing her best to reach the brightest star and replace it, to prove that she's n... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 5

84 3 0
By JobelDestiny

V- Entrust

Nakarating na kami sa venue. When I saw where are we now, hindi na ako nagulat. Inaasahan ko nang nasa isang hotel kami, but the place was too gradiose. Nasa labas pa lang kami ng hotel but I can guess it is for high-class.

"Mommy, what's this event all about?" I asked curiously.

She gave me a small smile, "Uh, a press conference, baby. This event will just introduce the cast sa bago kong movie,"

Naglalakad kami papunta sa make-up room, that was her manager command to go there. I was wondering why even her manager told me that I shouldn't come with them. As if naman na ipapakilala ako ni mommy dito. I only want to be with them kaya.

"Do you get the main role, mommy?" I asked that I find it wrong because I already know the answer.

"Of course. They suggested me to be." she answered.

I noticed she's uncomfortable. "Is there any problem, mommy?"

"W-Wala. I'm just nervous," she smiled after saying those words.

For what?

Is it weird? Bakit parang lahat ng tao ngayon ay hindi kumportable?

"Eh, bakit hindi pa po tayo pumapasok ngayon? Saka nasaan po si daddy?" sunod-sunod kong tanong and somehow to change the aura.

"We are waiting for someone, anak." she answered misteriously.

"Sino po?"

I guess we are complete now. Wala naman akong kapatid. So, who's the one we are waiting for?

"Hi, girls!"

Lumingon ako para makita kung sino 'yung tumawag sa amin. It was Tita Irene, she was wearing a simple t-shirt partnered with a high-waisted pants that makes her look cool.

"Tita Irene!" I hugged her tightly.

Ngayon ko na lang siya ulit nakita personally, but still she was able to chat me on social media to ask how I am doing when my parents was not around.

Tita Irene caressed my hair. "I guess someone is missing me,"

I nodded, "Yes, I missed you so much, Tita." I gently said.

"Irene," mom called her.

Umayos ng tayo si Tita Irene at hinarap si mommy.

"And I guess, someone is using me again." she said while pouting.

Mom hugged her too. "Thank you so much, Jirene."

I saw Tita Irene frowned. "I should go home now, Tray."

I laughed at them. I didn't get what they are talking about pero kasi they look cute teasing each other.

"Sydney," Tita Irene leveled my height.

"Why, po?"

She caressed my hair while smiling. "You know what's going on, right?"

I pouted. "I don't,"

Tumawa siya at ginulo ang buhok ko. "Okay, I'm going to explain you."

She looked at me seriously. Parang ang bigat ng kaalaman na malalaman ko ngayon. I'm little nervous about it.

"This event is for the movie where  your mom is working. It's a big project of her and big project means extracting more effort for it," she started.

"And?"

"Maraming artist at production team dito ang hindi ka dapat makilala, Sydney. Hindi ka nila kilala at hindi mo rin sila kilala. We don't know what will happen once they know about your real identity,"

I think I already guess it on my mind. Masyado kasi nila akong iniiwas sa event na ito. But, what I can do? My heart desires to be here.

"And actually, you shouldn't be here. It's too risky for you and your parents. Hindi ako part ng cast but I am here to support my bestfriend with my niece," she said mysteriously, again. But this time I got what she's trying to say.

"I want you to be on my side everytime, okay? We will going to watch your mom."

I nodded. "I will be a good girl, Tita Irene."

She smiled as she messed my hair. "You are always being a good girl naman."

Suddenly, my mom's assistant with daddy came and bring mom with them.  Kailangan na raw si mommy sa loob. Kahit nasa labas na kami ng hotel, we can't lost our guards. We need to be extra careful. Hindi na nila ako kinausap but they leave me a meaningful stare like they're telling me to be okay. 

"Let's go in, Syd." Tita Irene hold my hand.

"Yes, po."

We entered the hotel. I'm sure that this is a five star one. Everything on this place looks expensive. The chandelier lights brightly. I can see people wearing their designer clothes and bag. And the one caught my attention was the camera can be seen everywhere.

I hold Tita Irene's hand tightly at sumiksik ako sa kaniya.

"Are you scared, Sydney?" she asked worriedly.

I just shook my head. She laughed at me.

"You shouldn't be. I am here, you are safe."

Hindi ko alam kung tama ba ang naging desisyon ko na sumama but I badly wants to be on my parents side. It is a chance, I don't want to lose it.

Tita Irene found us a seat, I was sitting beside her. Hindi ko pa rin inaalis ang hawak ko sa kamay niya. Napakaraming tao sa lugar na ito. Probably, the fans of this movie.

"Maya-maya lang din magi-start na 'yung event. We're not going to wait any longer." Tita Irene whispered to me.

Tinitigan ko siya, she's looking at the stage right now. I can see excitement on her eyes.

"I think it will be better if you're there with mom. A movie with you both is a blockbuster," I whispered to her.

She laughed at me. "I didn't had a chance to be. I'm okay with it as long as she's my bestfriend in reality." she answered me, the sincerity never left her words.

I just smiled. Mom is blessed to have her. She's really the best.

Maya-maya lang din ay nagsalita na 'yung emcee. He was announcing the entrance of artists. He called my mom lastly.

I heard the crowd clapping loudly. My eyes watered when I saw mom on the stage, the spotlight stayed on her. She's stunning on her dress, wearing her angelic smile. Everything about her is exquisite.

Is she really my mom?

She was searching the crowd and stopped when she saw me. She smiled brightly as sun to me.

I'm so proud at her.

I didn't listen to their discussion, pinanood ko lang si mommy na magsalita buong oras ng event hanggang sa natapos iyon. She's really happy from the start of this event until the end. I can see it on her eyes.

Napaisip ako. Why am I being a spoiled daugther who only aim for their attention? Why I can't give my support to them? Am I that selfish?

Well, realizing everything now makes me want to support them all my life.

Nandito na kami sa dressing room para makasama sila mom, we are with the actresses and actors who I'm not familiar with. I don't know if they are being artist for a long time na rin like my parents but they seem great too. Sabi naman ni Tita Irene, she got permission to enter this room.

"You and Julian are perfect couple! Ilang taon na rin kayong kasal. So why don't you have a family to build?" the producer of my mom's movie asked.

I secretly smiled. They actually have. I suddenly felt being proud and thankful to those people who helped us and kept their promises to hide my identity. Ilang taon din 'yon, pero hindi nalaman ng lahat.

"We already enjoying our lives now. We are thankful kung ano ang dumadating na blessings," mom answered gratefully.

"But don't you have plans to have a children?"

"I hav--" mom stopped from speaking because her attention got by someone.

"Ewan ko ba kasi kung bakit kailangan pang itago na may anak na kayo, wala naman kayong magiging problema 'pag nalaman nila." Tita Aera whispered it so loud to the point I can't consider it whisper anymore.

I knew her name kasi isa siya sa naipakilala kanina as a cast, as my mom character's bestfriend. I almost didn't recognize her voice because it was more stronger now rather than when she's on the event.

"Huh? Ano pong sinasabi niyo, Ma'am Aera?" one of the staff asked her.

I watched how Tita Aera glances to the staff. "Bakit hindi niya aminin na may anak na sila ni Julian?" she asked the crowd of media.

What she just said? Did I...really heard that? Its not true, right? It's not happening in front of me. Tell me it's just my delusion. I don't want this.

I heard the people gasping for air when Tita Aera said that. In just a span of seconds, I felt uncomfortable.

I felt how Tita Irene move to face her. "Ano ba 'yang pinagsasabi mo?"

Tita Aera diverted her attention to Tita Irene. "Ikaw, anong ginagawa mo rito? Hindi ka naman kasali rito, 'di ba?" She asked sarcastically.

"Yes, hindi nga ako kasali. How about you? Still meddling other's business?"

"Yes, I am meddling her business dahil marami na ang niloloko niyo. Bakit ba kasi hindi niyo na lang sabihin ang totoo para matapos na 'to?"

Mom catched my attention by holding my hand, secretly. She was able to do that because magkakatabi lang kaming tatlo nila Tita Irene, nasa gitna nila ako.

"Don't mind what's happening," she whispered.

Huwag pansinin? Pero it's obvious naman na pini-pin out niya si mommy. Baka dahil do'n.. malaman nila na may anak sila. Baka makilala na nila ako. I'm not ready, I am not going to be ready for it dahil hindi ko naman ginusto 'to.

"Baka ikaw ang may niloloko rito. Nababaliw ka na," Tita Irene returned.

Tita Aera gave a gaze to mom. "Atleast, I don't lie about my life."

"Say that to your face. Don't make a scene, Aera. Natapos na 'yung event, right? Tapos na ang eksena. So please, don't spread fake news." Tita Irene said it with irritation on her voice.

"You're the one who making scene here, Irene."

"Because you're saying nonsense things."

Tita Aera laughed at her. "Nonsense? If all of this was nonsense, then who's the child beside you?"

"She's my niece." Tita Irene announced with dignity but my eyes still on Tita Aera's.

Umiwas ako ng tingin nang titigan niya ako.

"Really? But why she got Sylvianne's eyes?"

Narinig ko na mas lumakas ang bulungan ng mga nasa loob. I bowed my head when I felt their stares. Tinititigan nila ang mga mata ko.

"Sila lang ba ang may ganiyang mata?" Tita Irene fight back.

"But you don't have those eyes. Don't fvcking change the topic here."

Mom stopped Tita Irene to answer Tita Aera by holding her wrist. But mom can't stop Tita Irene to glare at her. I can feel the tension between them.

"As I'm saying. Kung pamangkin mo 'yang batang katabi niyo. Bakit mas mukha pang close si Sylvianne sa kaniya?" Tita Aera asked.

Nakampante ako na walang maghihinala sa akin dahil everyone here knew that I am just Tita Irene's niece. But what didn't I expect is now happening in front of me.

What is Tita Aera's talking about? Is she know something about my true identity?

"The kid you are with now, Sylvianne," Tita Aera suddenly said, pointing at me. "Who is she? Is she your child?" she asked.

I tightened my hold in mommy's hand like it was the only grip I'm holdin, scared for the things might happened.

I didn't see it coming.

The truth that my parents has a daughter was staying untold for many years. Nabuhay ako nang normal na hindi nalalaman ng lahat ang kototohanan na 'yon dahil nagagawan namin ng paraan ang lahat. But now, this is a different scene in my life that I did not predict.

I am scared to the fact we are with many people that I didn't even know and if they are deserving to the trust we will invest to keep our secret. Baka mamaya malaman ng lahat. I don't want to ruin my stable life.

I felt mom's moving, ready to say something. "I-I don't k---"

"Ma'am Sylvianne, totoo po bang anak niyo ang batang katabi niyo po ngayon?" A reporter who just enter the room said.

My eyes widened when reporters entered the room, their cameras are focused on mom, they are all curious on my existence here.

"Mommy..." my voice broke calling her name.

She didn't look at me but she caressed my hand.

Walang sinasabi si mommy sakanila. Naging maingay ang dressing room at nagliwanag dahil sa mga camera.

I'm so scared.

I thought it is the end of my private life. Akala ko wala na kaming magagawa kundi ang umamin. But suddenly, daddy came with the security guard para mapaalis 'yung mga reporters.

I regret of pushing myself to go here. I caused trouble. I was careless. Tama nga sila, I shouldn't be here. And me, being stubborn did not follow them.

Kasalanan ko ito, kasalanan ko kung bakit nangyari itong gulo.

We stopped here at Tita Ches' mansion. Dad decided we should be here after that incident happened. We're able to escape from the media. He also let Tita Ches know what happened.

I'm with Tita Irene kanina, she helped me to get rid of the reporters tailing us until we enter the car. Nakarating naman kami rito ng safe, hindi na sumama si Tita Irene sa loob because she told me na it's our privacy.

"Bakit ba napakabilis namang kumalat ng issue na 'yan?!" Tita Ches' angrily throw her phone on the coffee table.

"Hindi naman siguro sinasadya ni Aera na sabihing may anak na kami ni Jul," mom defended.

We are here at Tita Ches mansion's receiving area. I'm beside my mom and dad, kaharap namin si Tita Ches. I'm just watching them talking, so as how Tita Ches faced my mom with disbelief.

"Are you kidding, Ate Slyvianne? Hindi sinasadya? Palagi ka nga'ng pinag-iinitan no'n!" she said out loud, getting pissed.

Mom faced her bravely. "Anong gusto mong gawin ko? Sisihin siya kahit walang pruweba?"

I don't like what I am seeing right now. Hindi naman sila nag-aaway, 'di ba?

Tita leaned her two hands on coffee table and looked at mom. "Listen to me. Your role in that movie was the dream of all artist, actually including me. I wish I was the one who got that role but it was given to you."

"The story plot, the production team, the lot of audience, too. That movie was a whole package! And, you being the brightest star this time got that role."

Because of what I've just know, I can't stop myself to admire how great my mom is. In my point of view, hindi ko masyadong makita kung gaano siya kasikat but now, Tita Ches' exposing her.

"I was saying that she's envy on what you've got. Alam mong hindi na imposible 'yan sa industry na ito, Ate Syl," Tita Ches said.

Tinignan ko si mom. She was confused thinking about something. I hold her hand.

"But I didn't do anything wrong to her," mom whispered unconciously.

"Because her jealousy on your fame made her to do that." Tita Ches answered her thoughts.

Mom looked up to see Tita Ches. "Still, I didn't do anything bad to her. Bakit niya gagawin 'yon?"

"I don't know if you're dumb or just that kind. Look in reality of this industry, Ate Syl! Nangyayari talaga 'yon!" Tita Ches raised her voice. Hindi ko alam pero gusto ko siyang suwayin.

"Don't just conclude, Ches. You're ruining someone's reputation."

Tumawa si Tita Ches, sarkastiko. "Ruining? For your information, sirang-sira na ang reputasyon niya sa akin! Accept the truth, will you?"

Seeing my mom and aunt arguing in front of me makes me feel more guilt. This is all my fault. Kung hindi ako nagpumilit na sumama kay mom, all of this will not happen. Hindi sana nagkakagulo ngayon.

Dad suddenly stood up, nakuha niya ang attention ng lahat.

"Anong gagawin mo, hon?" mom asked worriedly, holding dad's hand to stop him.

Dad faced mom. "Let me take action for this. Let me talk to her," I felt the anger on his voice.

"Even you, Julian? Don't just conclude she's doing it for her own good!" mom shouted at him.

"I'm not concluding anything, Syl. I'm just going to talk to her about this matter."

"Kakausapin mo? Tapos anong susunod na mangyayari, kuya? Anong sasabihin mo? Na hindi totoong may anak na kayo?" Tita Ches entered the conversation.

"Lying is not good, it will ruin your career." Tita Ches added. 

I really messed it up. I feel sorry.

Dad faced Tita Ches. "Wala na akong pakialam sa career kung alam kong kaligtasan ng anak ko ang kapalit no'n."

"We all know that you really have a daughter, kuya. Bakit ka magsisinungaling?"

"Hindi kami magsisinungaling. We will just not confirm it. We will play safe. But for now, I will make Aera pull out what she stated."

"Hindi natin matutuldukan ang problema sa pakikipag-usap sa kaniya!" Parang nauubusan na si Tita Ches ng pasensiya. Napayuko ako.

"Anong gusto mong gawin ko? Titigan na lang ang mga issue tungkol sa mag-ina ko?" Dad growled, he's mad already.

A deafening silent reigns on the table. Walang nakapagsalita dahil lahat ay napaisip sa sinabi ni daddy.

"But I think, I have a good solution now." Tita Ches broke the silence.

Tinitigan ko si Tita Ches. She looked confident on what solution she has now. I'm clueless but I hope it will locate everything on peace.

I almost jumped on my sit when Tita Ches faced me. She looked at me like she was hoping.

"Sydney,"

"Y-Yes po?" I returned nervously.

Bakit sa akin siya tumingin? I did not have any good feeling about it. I am nervous.

"Is it okay na ipakilala ka na sa media?" she asked like it was a little favor.

But that question makes my world stop. My heart's thumping crazy. Natatakot ako. Ayaw ko ng tanong na 'yon.

"Sydney?" she repeated calling my name that adding the pressure I'm feeling.

What should I do?

I know what I'm going to answer that question. It was no. Hindi talaga ako kumportable na makilala ng lahat and everyone can't blame me for it.

"Kung sasabihin natin sa lahat na may anak kayo, everyone will support you. Alam kong may magagalit pero you two, as the powerful couple can fade their anger." Tita Ches explained to us.

I witnessed how my parents did their best to achieve where are they now. But it also has disadvantage which is everyone wants to invade their privacy and that's not my thing.

Dad sat on the couch. "Hindi ko ipapakilala sa media ang anak ko, Francheska. You can't do that."

But seeing my parent's hardship just to hide me makes me feel more uncomfortable. Ilang taon na rin nila akong itinago, ilang tao na rin ang pinakiusapan nila na huwag ilantad ang identity ko. Marami na silang sacrifices for me.

"You know what? It's your chance to make your names bloom in easiest way. Imagine, the most popular couple already have a daughter. That's a great news, right?" Tita Ches convinced them.

"Ano bang sinasabi mo, Ches? We're not rooting for fame now!" dad exclaimed.

"Sinasabi ko lang naman ang pinakamagandang solusyon na nakikita ko. Everyone was waiting for you to have a child! It's your time to shine, na pati 'yung Aera ay masisilaw." she defended.

"Pero hindi namin gusto 'yon, hindi 'yon gusto ni Eya. I'm disagree with your plan." dad answered.

Tita Ches laughed sarcastically. "Hindi ka sang-ayon? Really?"

I looked at my parent's, eager to know their answer. My eyes watered when I saw kung gaano sila naninindigan sa magiging desisyon.

"I said I will not let media to know Sydney's identity, Ches." dad's voice are now monotonous.

Tumingin ako kay mommy to see how she'll going to answer that question.

She looked at me too, didn't remove her eyes from me while answering. "If they're going to invade my princess' private life, then I'm against to it. I will fight for her freedom, I will save her from the media who are thirst for just an update."

"Mommy... daddy.." I whispered.

Their hands are now wrapping my back to hug me. I'm so close to cry in front of them.

Tita Ches stood up and faced us. "Okay, then. I hope you can bear the cameras and paparazzi for all time in your lives now. You are under being controlled by people who are aiming for the truth."

Then she leave us alone in receiving area.

I can't deny that I felt relief. Parehas nilang hindi gusto na ipakilala ako. Pero nagu-guilty ako dahil they are now entering a trouble that I was the one who made it.

"Mommy, I'm really sorry for being stubborn." I cried.

They stood up in the couch and kneeled on the floor to face me.

"Bakit ka umiiyak, Eya?" dad asked.

I bowed my head, shy because of what I have done.

"Nagkagulo po dahil sa akin. Sorry po, mom, dad. Sorry po for being stuborn and not being understanding po. Kasalanan ko po lahat ito."

"No, you're not. It's our fault, okay?" mom consoled.

I shooked my head. "Pero kung hindi po ako nagpumilit na sumama, hindi po mauungkat 'to,"

"You didn't saw us for a while, Eya. Kahit sinong anak ay maghahangad ng atensyon galing sa mga magulang nila." dad said gently, trying to make me understand.

I wiped my tears with the use of my hand. Kung hindi rin ako masyadong naghangad, sana wala kami sa ganitong sitwasyon.

"You missed us and we missed you too so much. There's nothing wrong about that."

"It's my fault, mom. I'm really sorry. I caused a lot of trouble. I might ruin your career... I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," I keep repeating this lines, ito lang ang masasabi ko.

Mom raised my chin so my eyes laid on hers. She caressed my face.

"Sydney, listen." she force a smile. "It's not your fault. Don't cry. Your tears will be our downfall so please, stop," mom was like begging.

I stopped crying because I don't want her to feel bad about it. I tried to look bravely at her but I can't. Yumuyuko ako dahil nahihiya sa kasalanan ko.

"Hay, hon. Why our princess is being like this? We must agree na she's really stubborn, 'no?" mom joked, I can't believe she can do that on this situation.

"Yes, I am really stubborn." I agreed.

"Because you're not listening to us. Wala kang ginawang masama, Eya, okay?"

"Ang mahalaga sa amin ngayon ay safe ka."

I pouted at them. Dad messed my hair as my mom pinched my cheek.

"We will going to protect you no matter what happens. Kahit kanino, kahit anong dahilan at sa lahat ng pagkakataon."

Suddenly, I remembered Tita Ches' last words before leaving us. It makes me afraid because she's right. Wala man akong masyadong alam about sa pagiging artist but I know how hardworking media is.

"Is everything will be alright?" I whispered unconciously.

Dad kissed my temple "Yes, will be. Gagawin namin ang lahat para maging maayos na."

That day, we stayed at Tita Ches' house because we are all tired. I slept beside my parents in a room. I became in peace in one night and hoping for a better tomorrow.

"Sydney, you will be late na sa school. Mag-almusal ka na!" mom knocked on the door.

"Coming!" I shouted back.

My lips formed a smile. Nandito si mommy and she prepared my things. Ang sarap isipin. Maliit na bagay pero I'm treasuring it lot. Ngayon na lang ulit nila ako inasikaso para maka-arrive ako sa school.

I gave a glance on myself in the mirror and grabbed my bag. It's a new morning for me. Good thing mom asked a man to bring my things on here. Kung hindi, I might bring just myself and write on the leaves.

Bumaba na ako para kumain kasama ng mga magulang ko at ni Francis. Tita Ches, Kuya France and Francine are in their own shooting now. Sabay naman kami ni Francis papasok. We are in different school but I can manage naman.

"You know, Francis? Your mom also didn't want to be an artist at first, napilit lang ng lola mo. I think she got that 'pamimilit' trait from her. Kaya mo pa naman pagtiisan ang nanay mo 'di ba?" dad said to Francis.

"Opo. Siya lang po ang nanay ko, e." he responded, joking.

We laughed at his joke. But actually, I'm sad for him. He don't deserve how Tita Ches treating him.

"If you feel down, you're always welcome to our home, okay?" mom changed the topic, worriedly.

He smiled like he's happy on what he just heard. "Thank you po, Tita Syl."

"And try to understand her. May pinagdadaanan lang siya. She lost your father and experienced where are you in now." dad gave an advice.

"Bawing-bawi naman siya sa talino mo," mom winked at him.

"I hope she'll appreciate, too."

We ate fast without breaking the silence. Nagmamadali na rin kaming kumain because we will be late.

I was the one who finished first kaya pumunta na ako sa labas. Nagpaalam na rin ako kila mom.

Pasakay na sana ako sa car but I saw many couple of feet outside. Nakikita ko lang 'yung mga paa nila sa may ilalim ng gate. Probably, they are not from here.

Is this what Tita Ches' told us about?

Are they... spying us?

"K-Kuya," I called our family driver. "Hindi po muna kami aalis." I said, did not wait for his respond.

Tumakbo ako pabalik sa bahay. I'm so scared. What if Tita Ches' was right? Paano kung totoo na palaging may mga tao na panonoorin ang galaw namin?

"Mom!" I shouted as I entered the house.

I saw her with dad and Francis, walking ahead of me. Sa tingin ko ay papunta na rin sila sa labas.

"Bakit ka tumatakbo? Is there any problem?" mom welcomed me, worriedly carresing my cheeks.

I pointed somewhere, pertaining the gate. "I saw people there, marami po sila. Ano pong ginagawa nila dito?"

Mom hold his lips. "Oh, no. They are being too much."

"They are just aiming for the latest issue about us. Kung sino ang unang makapagbalita no'n, siyang sisikat." dad added, clenching his fist.

Tita Ches' was right. They will follow us for all time to know the truth. Gusto talaga nila na i-confirm kung may anak na ang parents ko.

"Um-absent na lang po kaya ako?" I suggested, trying hard to hide my hesitation.

I don't like being absent in class but if it will put us in peace, then I'll do it.

"No," mom answered.  "You'll go to school safely, Eya."

"But, mom..."

She smiled. "You'll be safe. Hindi naman sila makakapasok sa bahay at nasa loob ka naman ng car."

"Baka po sundan nila kami. I'm scared po.." I confessed.

Dad leveled my height. "We will take care of this. Huwag ka nang mag-alala."

"Daddy.." I whispered.

I felt someone holding my wrist. "Tara na, Ate Syd." It was Francis but I didn't mind it.

"Mom..." I called worriedly.

But she just look at Francis. "Take care of her, will you?"

"Opo," he answered.

Daddy stood up in front of me. Ginulo na naman niya ang buhok ko pero hindi na ako nagreklamo. "You should go, Eya. Walang hahabol sa 'yo."

I shooked my head. "Paano po kayo?"

"Wala ring makakakita at makakagalaw sa amin," mom assured, smiling.

"Tara na, Ate Syd. Male-late ka na," Francis whispered again.

Hindi na ako nakatanggi kay Francis dahil hinila na niya ako patakbo palabas ng bahay. But I still able to look back to see them.

"I'm holding to that mom. Don't get involve in trouble!" I reminded, my voice echoing on the whole mansion.

I saw they smiled at me, waving their hands to bid their goodbyes.

Ang hirap pala nito. Kailangan na palaging mag-ingat. One wrong move and everything will got messier more than I thought. Marami na rin ang nadamay

At nakakalungkot isipin na it was my fault.

"Ikaw naman unang ihahatid ni kuya. Don't worry too much." Francis told me.

I gave him a glance, he's using his phone now. There's no trace of fears on his face. Hindi man lang ba siya natakot kanina? O hindi ba siya natatakot na ma-late?

"Paano ka? Baka ma-late ka." I asked.

He shooked his head, smiling. "Hindi 'yan. I am the rule of my school,"

Napangiti na lang din ako. His smile made me feel better na parang sinasabi nito na magiging okay din ang lahat.

Ako nga ang unang hinatid ng driver namin. I told him na ihatid na rin ang pinsan ko sa classroom niya for me to be sure for his safety. And after that, I entered our classroom.

I'm so relief to know that no one here knows what happened. Naibalita na rin kasi sa tv ang issue tungkol sa anak nila mommy at daddy but they didn't let the media expose the video on the dressing room where I was in. Pero hindi ko pa rin nararamdaman na safe ako. I still have the thought that someone's here is watching me from afar. It was totally scary thing.

"Ms. Arevallo,"

I can feel someone hitting my shoulder "Huy, tawag ka ni ma'am."

Tinitigan ko lang si Aven, did not catch what he said. His eyebrows rising, gumagalaw din ang head niya na parang may itinuturo.

"Ms. Arevallo!" Ma'am raised her voice.

Tumayo agad ako, afraid that ma'am will get mad at me.

"Yes ma'am?" I answered her. Narinig ko pa na tumawa ang mga classmates ko.

She glared at me. "I was calling you for many times, didn't you hear?" she asked.

"Sorry po." I sincerely apologized.

"Please bring your birth certificate tomorrow. I need it." she said seriously.

I nodded. "O-Okay po."

She ignored me at stares at my classmates. "Class dismissed."

"Huh? Class dismissed?" I whispered, wondering why my teacher and classmates are now walking outside na.

Tapos na ba ang class? Kakapapasok ko palang, 'di ba? Bakit parang wala naman akong narinig?

"Hindi ka kasi nakikinig. Anong ba kasing iniisip mo?" that voice was so loud for me.

Nakakagulat naman itong si Aven. Kulang na lang yata sigawan niya ako sa tenga ko. Sa may ear ko kasi siya mismo nagsalita. Take note nagsalita, hindi bumulong.

I pouted. "Is that your way to catch attention?"

He stare at me like I did something horrible. "Si ma'am nga hirap na hirap kang tawagin, kaya okay lang 'yan. Ano bang nangyayari sa 'yo?" he asked.

"Nothing." I smiled at him. "Masama lang ang pakiramdam ko."

His smile lost and worry change it. "Kanina pa ba 'yan? Dapat sinabi mo sa 'kin para naihatid na kita sa clinic."

"Not that much naman. A nap will do." I answered.

"Sure ka?"

"Hindi. Dalhin mo na ako sa hospital, I'm gonna die." I act like I was dying.

He laughed at me but I think it was sarcastic. "Hindi ka okay. Ipahinga mo 'yang isip mo."

He knows me well now, huh?

Umuwi na ako after I fixed my things. I was nervous for the whole ride dahil baka may sumusunod sa amin but I arrived safe naman.

Alam kong hindi umalis sila mom and dad because they have a issue now but still, I didn't see anyone here in the house.

"Irene was on her way to Bicol right now, kagabi lang siya umalis."

My forehead creased when I heard that voice, it was from mom.

Sinundan ko 'yung mga boses na naririnig ko. It led me to Francis' room.

I'm now eavesdropping to their conversation. Idinikit ko 'yung tenga ko sa pinto to hear them well.

"We have no other option na po, Tita Syl. Lahat po ay ang anak niyo ni Tito Jul ang pinag-uusapan. Mahihirapan po si Syd, we need her to free from this shits," that was probably Kuya France.

"Temporary lang naman po ito. Maingay po ngayon ang pangalan niyo dahil walang confirmation na narinig ang mga fans niyo. So, we really need to send Sydney away while you are planning your way po to have peace." he added.

Send me away? Bakit? Nakaramdam agad ako ng lungkot. Why should I be sent away? May nagawa na naman ba ako?

"Is that the only option we have, right?" dad asked.

"Yes po. The safety way." Kuya France answered him.

"Pero, kuya. Hindi ko kaya 'yung pinapagawa mo." It was Francis' voive now.

Anong pinapagawa nila kay Francis? Ang gulo. I don't understand them.

"Francis, listen." Kuya France voice was gently.

"You're our only trusted option now. Please cooperate?" he plended.

"How can I take care of her? Sarili ko nga, hindi ko maalagaan."

"We still on your back, bro. Hindi pwedeng nandito si Syd dahil mainit pa ang mata ng tao sa atin."

"I badly want to cooperate, kuya. Pero I don't trust myself."

Ah, now I get it.

They need to send me away from them, ginagawa nila ito to protect me from media. And I see this as an advantage for mom and dad, hindi na sila mahihirapan na ingatan ako. They can freely do whatever they want.

Si Francis na lang ang magiging kasama ko dahil siya na lang ang hindi artist sa family namin. So he's the best and trusted option nga nila.

Kailangan naming mag-ingat. Wala pang plano sila mommy on how to fade their issue now, this will serve a little help that I can give. Kung ano man ang maging decision nila, I am okay with it. As long as they are happy.

I breath heavily. I know this will be the best decision.

"But I trust you," I said after entering the room where are they talking now.

"Sydney..." they whispered my name, shocked.

Nasa loob ng room sila mommy, daddy, Kuya France, Francis and Francine. Tinignan ko sila 

"I understand everything na po. I will cooperate." I sincerely said.

I saw how they got relief to know my opinion about their conversation. Masaya sila na pumayag ako.

How can't I cooperate when all of this was for my sake?

I looked straightly at Francis and smiled. "Let's take care of each other, couz."

Wala na ring nagawa si Francis but to agree on our will. That night, Kuya France fetch us to the condominium he owned. Doon daw muna kami pansamantala.

---

A/N

I'm backkk!! Sowi for long wait huhuhu 🥺❤️ Busy lang po talaga ako sa work at study, or rather to say focus muna po ako sa dalawang priorities ko. Don't worry, I will finish it!! Puhon!!❤️ Salamat, Density's!❤️ Advance merry christmas!🎉❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

910 217 21
Bethany thought she would always have eyes for basketball-star Matt...until she meets someone who can even out charm him, his older brother. ...
554K 14.5K 24
"Your weak and I can't have a weak mate so I reject you"he spoke. Sammatha had been waiting for the day she found her mate but when she did it didn't...
4.8K 286 56
After living a tedious and monotonous life growing up all she wanted was fun. Fun like getting drunk several nights a week and coming home so hung ov...
14.1K 775 12
Holly Halliday only had two important things in her life. One was her art and the other was her best friend Gabriel Colton. Starting school for thei...