Loki Laufeyson: A One Shot Se...

By oheycallmek

A variety of soul-soothing Loki stories compiled into one, glorious one shot book. Taking requests! ♡ More

The Terrible, Horrible, No-Good 'Man-Cold'
Dancing On Your Toes
Ocean Water and Other Human Things

Many A Sleepless Night, But Not With You

112 1 0
By oheycallmek

{You're unable to sleep...unsurprisingly, neither can Loki}

---

3:31...lovely. The fluorescent glare of the alarm clock caused my pupils to shrink back. I moaned, hands reaching to rub the crusts of sleeplessness from my tear ducts. It wasn't entirely often that I found myself in these types of situations. Sleep came naturally to me...at least that's what I thought.

I let out a groan of frustration as I starfished my twin bed in an achy stretch. After a few moments of debating whether or not a trip downstairs was warranted, I decided to leave the warmth of my bed for a fresh cup of tea. I padded my way down, fuzzy slippers slapping against the stairs as I made my descent towards the kitchen. I opened the fridge and was instantly greeted by a chill that made my arm hairs stand alert. I single-handed a gallon of milk as my other hand fingered the wall to find the light switch. Back still turned, I began to brew my tea. The sleepytime herbals wafted in and out of each nostril and I took a breath in, savoring its floral scent.

Perfection.

As I turned back around, a shadowed figure came into my peripheral without further warning.

"Shhhit!" I jumped nearly a foot from the tiles.

Loki was seated at the kitchen island, a large mug of black tea steaming between his slender hands. A small smirk tugged at the corner of his lips as my milky drink splattered all over my pajama top.

I looked down, angrily wicking the moisture from the damp fabric as best as I could, "God damn it..." I murmured.

Loki stood for a moment, reaching forward and utilizing his magic to reverse the spill. My shirt became a sponge as the tea practically vanished into thin air.

I sighed, the flat of my palm smoothing over the now completely dried top half, "Thank you."

He nodded gently, taking a seat again, slurping from his cup, and gesturing for me to join him. I took the empty seat on his left and downed nearly half of my tea.

"Difficulty sleeping, pet?"

I took another lengthy sip as I nodded, "Mhffmm."

"Presumed so." He stated simply, finger glossing over the white ceramic rim.

I placed an elbow on the marble countertop and smooshed my cheek into my hand, the other coming to find Loki's arm. My fingernail traced the lines of his cerulean veins. He was warm and I wanted nothing more than to invite myself into the length of his torso.

"What about you...? Any particular reason why the ever-so-infamous Loki of Asgard is awake at such an hour?"

He chuckled, trying his best to disguise how exhausted he truly was, "I like waking this early...waiting for the sun to rise...enjoying the sounds of the birds as they sing their morning songs...yah-dah, yah-dah...so on and so forth..."

My posture straightened, "Cut the crap. I know damn well you couldn't sleep either."

His eyebrows furrowed, creating a knot in the center as he spoke once more, forcing out a not-at-all-convincing look of despair, "I don't know what you're talking about, my dear..."

I reached forward, placing the pad of my thumb along the deep, dark half circles under his baby blues. He leaned into my touch and I could've sworn I heard him moan.

"Well, the pretty, little bags under your eyes are kinda telltale, don't you think...?"

He scoffed, playfully swatting my advances away before reaching for my fingers and lacing them in the spaces between his own, "Alright, alright...maybe I've been experiencing a BIT of trouble."

His thumb danced circles over mine.

"What's keeping you up...?" I asked.

He sighed desperately, pulling away before crossing his arms over the counter, shamefully placing his forehead down in the crook of his biceps, "It's...complicated."

I chuckled a bit, standing and leaving my mug to its own devices. I snuck up from behind him, arms like snakes around his neck as I nestled into his misplaced locks like a baby bird.

"I've heard it all, Loki."

His body stiffened, spine becoming slightly erect when he heard my tender voice in the shell of his ear. My fingers traced the lines of his collarbones, stroking the soft, exposed skin.

"Nightmares," He droned on, "They never seem to find a way to leave me. I try to the best of my ability to find peace in the night...but all attempts are positively futile..."

I pressed my cheek to his neck, feeling his pulse quicken beneath it, "I hope you know that I'm here to help."

He swallowed and nodded silently, the smallest of smiles appearing as he looked down into the depths of his tea.

"Hey...hey..." I protested, moving his head with my hand so that his eyes met mine.

The moment, in reality, had only lasted seconds. It certainly felt longer. Even in the dimness of the room, I could see a slight pink hue erupt from Loki's cheeks and present itself as heat against my open palm. I could feel the chill of breath escape his slightly pursed lips as I leaned forward to press our noses together. I closed my eyes and he was quick to mimic the gesture.

"Send the dreams my way if you think it'll help. Send me every bad thought in that dangerously devious head of yours and I'll swallow them down like pills just to rid you of them. Anything I can do, I will do."

Our noses slid back and forth like eskimos craving warmth, earning a well-deserved, authentic chuckle from the man in front of me.

A small victory.

His eyes raked over the skin of my face and his digits fanned over my beauty marks as I placed a quick kiss upon the tip of his nose.

"You truly are a wonder..." He spoke on an astonished exhale.

I took one last sip of my tea, which had now grown cold, and chucked the rest in the sink. Loki slid his mug my way and I disposed of his as well.

"Come up to my room and rest with me." I insisted, smiling softly.

I wasn't exactly sure why, much less how, but something about his presence and the gentle sound of breath escaping his lungs felt like a one-way ticket to sleepytown.

"I in yours...?" Loki's head hit an angle when he took a moment to consider the length of his body in drastic comparison to my bed made for one.

I looked at him for a moment and furrowed a brow as he stood. His figure instantly loomed over top of my much smaller frame.

I laughed whole-heartedly, hand finding a home above his navel as I avoided his gaze, "Okay, okay. Not mine. Clearly."

He snickered, taking my chin between his thumb and forefinger, "Then to mine. A full king. Perfect for the two of us."

Loki's hand was my guide into his quarters. His room, in general, was much larger than my own, smelling of incense and expensive leather. I couldn't help but race towards his bed and belly flop onto its cushioned surface, accidentally flinging my slippers off in the process. Loki chuckled, arms origami folding over his chest in amusement before picking up my shoes and organizing them by the door.

I pressed my face into his pillow, taking in the slight scent of his spearmint shampoo, "I can't imagine not being able to sleep on this thing. It's...heaven."

Loki chuckled once more, taking a seat right on the edge, "Well, maybe with you near, it'll be easier for me..."

I took a peek from the pillow and smiled, blush creeping up my neck. He smiled back.

God. That smile.

The man slowly peeled the comforter from its resting place as he climbed in next to me. He turned to face me, hand sliding just beneath his pillow. His lashes fanned over his cheeks, creating adorable, spidery shadows.

"May I...?" I asked, nodding towards his chest, way too eager to have him oblige.

He grinned appreciatively, arms spreading and allowing me access, "You may."

I quickly found the perfect spot between his pecs and his arms raveled over top of my shoulders, drawing me nearer. I took the deepest of breaths and he reciprocated the notion immediately, mimicking my air flow. His shirt was criminally soft, like a satin blanket over a cloud. The curvature of Loki's chin found a place to rest right over top of my hair. We sat in silence for a few moments as I began to study the beating of his heart. My head dug further into the left of him as I counted each thrum. It was music.

I smiled softly, the curtains of my lids beginning to close as I murmured, "I can hear your heart...it's beating rather fast..."

Loki cleared the rasp from his throat as his breath slightly hitched, embarrassment inevitable, "...Oh?"

I looked up at him now, eyes slightly glossed over from shrouds of exhaust, "Mhmm..."

He smiled shamelessly now, hand finding mine and pressing the pulps of my fingers against his chest, practically begging for his quickened heart to be felt.

"A beautiful Midgaurdian woman insists on staying the night in my quarters...surely that must be why..."

I unsuccessfully stifled a giggle as I pressed my hand further into him. He held it in place as if his life depended on it, hesitating a moment before pressing the gentlest of kisses against my waiting lips.

"I'm glad I woke up when I did...and I knew you were a filthy, little liar from the start." I let out a laugh in reference to his 'I'm not at all tired' charade.

Loki's fingers tangled through my hair as his crystal irises began to darken. The lack of rest was certainly catching up to him now.

"...Damned birds and their damned songs...by the Gods, I wouldn't be caught dead waking early on purpose." He hissed out, eyes now fully closed.

I chuckled once more, noticing that his heart had slowed its rapid pace. He was comfortable now.

"Sleep dreamlessly, prince of Asgard."

Dimples formed as a tired smile stretched a peach line across his pale cheeks, "Sleep comfortably, my beautiful Midgaurdian princess."

The night took us well until noon.

He would never sleep alone again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 6.3K 24
to love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides. ━━ love island usa 2024, s6 ━━ kordell beckham x oc
57.8K 2.5K 37
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐣𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐤, 𝐝𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐬; 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢'𝐦 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞�...
564K 8.9K 125
You can clearly tell who my favorite drivers are....
77.3K 2.2K 38
Francesca Astor came to Love Island to find her soulmate, and once she sets her eyes on him, she's never letting go. Rob Rausch x Fem!oc #1 robertrau...