Haikyuu Various! X Male! Read...

By definitelynotsparky

(L/n) (Y/n). Man, what a legend. You were probably the most popular male at Karasuno High, but you didn't pay... More

Quick A/n
1. Karasuno High School Volleyball Club
2. Single Celled Organisms
3. The Greatest Teammate
4. The King of the Court
5. Middle School Story
6. Words from the Have-Nots
8. Birth of a Combo
9. Rookie Nerves
10. Reunion and Failure
11. Back to Normal
12. An Interesting Team
13. Vs. the Great King
14. Chemical Reaction
15. Another Prodigy
16. Storm
17. The One Known as the Ace
18. Honest Feelings
19. Guardian Deity
20. Same One Point
Specials :)
21. Go, Team Karasuno
22. Random Encounter
23. The Decision
24. The Cat-Crow Reunion
25. A Monster and His Club
26. The Brain
27. Rivals!
28. Grown Cat vs. Baby Crow
29. What It Means to Connect
30. Vow for a Rematch
31. Powerful Opponents
32. Preparing for Flight
33. It Begins
Another Special
34. Warm-Ups
35. The Return
36. Winners and Losers
37. Round 2
38. The Iron Wall
39. Freak Quick Unleashed
40. The Greatest Decoy
41. Behind the Light
Smut Special 😏
42. Got Your Back
43. Aces and Heroes
44. The Conductor
45. Mmph-!
46. Vs. the Great King: Part 2
47. Setter Battle!
48. The Strength of a Powerhouse
49. Makings of an Ace
50. Tohru Oikawa Is No Prodigy
51. Momentum Swing
52. The Losers
53. The Final Decision
54. Poll
55. goofy ass special (not canon lmfao)
BOOK 2 IS UP!!

7. The View from the Top

7.9K 296 167
By definitelynotsparky

"Run as fast as you can... jump as high as you can... and fly. Don't worry about the ball. I'll bring it to you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, 3-on-3 match continued

Karasuno High Gymnasium 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Huh? Bring it to me? What do you mean?"

"Don't worry about that. All you have to do is run as fast as you can to where there are no blockers and then jump as high as you can and then swing. Don't bother looking for the ball. Don't worry about trying to meet it."

"Huh?! If I don't look for the ball, I'll miss it!"

"Maybe, Yeah!"

"Hey!!"

You sigh. This plan was.. stupid, if you were being honest. Still, you decided to put at least the tiniest bit of faith in Kageyama's skill.

"Still. I wanna give it a try."

Hinata was silent for a moment. "Okay," he finally said.

"What're they up to this time? When are they going to realize the king's royal set is impossible to hit?" Tsukishima said to Tadashi.

"Ha ha! Yeah!"

You sniffed. Tsukki was a bad influence on Tadashi.

Daichi grabbed the ball and headed back to serve, bouncing the ball against the gym floor.

"Score one, Captain!"

"Server up!"

"Let's go Dadchi!" You yell from beside Suga. Hinata gapes at you as if you betrayed him.

You chuckle but it dies down once you sense the aura coming from Kageyama. He was concentrating really hard.

Daichi served the ball. You watched Kageyama, captivated by him. Everything seemed to happen in slow motion.

His eyes zeroed in on Hinata's form, already flying through the air. He positioned himself under the ball, raising his arms as he jumped. His fingertips barely touched the ball as he sent it with pinpoint precision directly to Hinata's hand. Your jaw dropped as Hinata slammed the ball on to the other side of the court.

"Yes!!" Kageyama and Hinata both grinned.

"I could actually fall for you," you mumble. (If anyone gets that reference, lemme know)

Suga snaps his head over to you, eyes wide. Did you have a crush on Kageyama? Feeling slightly jealous, he grabs your hand and puts it over his shoulder.

You grin and twist your hand, grabbing his cheeks and squishing them. He grins, blushing slightly as he enjoyed the attention he was getting.

"It hit!!" Hinata yelled, grabbing your attention. "It hit my hand!!"

"It hit your hand? What's that supposed to mean?"

"Hey... D-did you see that...?" Daichi asked, his eyes wide. "That whole time... Hinata wasn't looking at the ball one bit..!"

"WHAT?!" Everyone yells.

You grab Suga's shoulders, shaking him. "IS HE CRAZY?"

"Um, are you serious?" Tsukishima asks.

"From the second Hinata left the ground until he finished his swing, his eyes were looking directly at the sideline. Since he wasn't looking, if Kageyama has been off by an inch or a millisecond, Hinata would have missed. But he didn't. That means Kageyama set that ball on a dime, pinpointing Hinata's palm the instant he swung..!"

"Whaaa?!"

"That was sooo cooool!" Hinata yelled, jumping up into the air. He turns to you and shows you his red hand, beaming brightly. "Look! I spiked iiiit!" Then he turns to Kageyama. "What was that?! What did you do?! The ball!! The ball hit my hand!! It really hit me right in the hand!!"

You couldn't keep back the smile that found its way on to your lips.

"Hey!! Did you really have your head turned the whole time?!" Kageyama yells, probably shocked at his own skills.

"Well, Yeah. You told me I shouldn't look at the ball, right? If I wasn't looking at (Y/n), I would've looked for the ball."

"Y-Yeah, I did say that.. but still!"

"Hey! It worked, right?! What's wrong with that?!"

"Yeah, it worked— but who can just up and completely 100 percent trust somebody like that?! Also, why (Y/n)?!" He dramatically points his finger at you, glaring at Hinata.

"I don't know any other way to do it than to totally trust you!!" Hinata yells but then tilts his head cutely. "Wait, why do you care if it's (Y/n) or not?"

It was silent for a moment. You were kind of in shock, standing there and blinking like an idiot.

Ignoring Hinata's question, Kageyama moves on. "Okay! Now that Hinata's spikes are getting through, they'll have to split their blockers, which will make it easier for Tanaka-san to hit."

"Excellent!"

"There isn't anything remotely resembling a relationship of trust and faith between us... but next time I'll bring the ball to you again. Trust in that and fly. Got it?" Hinata nods and the game resumes.

You winced as Kageyama set the ball directly into Hinata's face.

"Ugh. I guess that one time it worked was just a fluke..." Kinoshita said as he changed the scoreboard.

"Maybe," Suga says. "But the accuracy of Kageyama's setting is definitely increasing ."

"You sure?"

"Definitely," you add, booping Kinoshita's nose and smiling as you made him blush.

Turning your attention back to the court, you grin at Kageyama's face. He was obviously having fun with the challenge.

"What're you smirking for?! That was the second time you nailed me in the face, Y'know!"

"This makes zero sense to me," Tsukishima said to Daichi. "It's obvious that was a fluke. But they refuse to wise up and keep failing at it again and again."

"Yeah. But, y'know? You're right. It doesn't make any sense. I mean, 100 percent trusting someone? That not something people can generally do at the drop of a hat. Especially when the other guy is a former hated rival."

Hinata rubs his cheek, pouting. "Dang it! This isn't working at all."

Yamaguchi serves the ball.

"I got it!!" Tanaka yells, receiving the ball.

"Nice receive!"

"I bet he's just going to put it up for shorty to ram his face into again. All we need to do is mark Tanaka-san and we'll be fine—" Tsukki was cut off by Hinata running forward at a great speed. "Yamaguchi! Get over here! Well stop him with a double block!"

Tadashi rushes to stand beside Tsukishima only for Hinata to stop and sprint in the other direction.

"Huh?! What the heck?! What was that?!"

You cheered, watching as Hinata leapt and Kageyama set the ball, briefly making eye contact with Hinata before he slammed the ball down on the other side of the court. Daichi tried to receive it, but it was too late.

Everyone was silent for a moment before Kageyama and Hinata broke it. "YES!!" They yell, making fists with their hands.

"That's my baby!!" You yell, cupping your hands over your mouth.

You chose those words on purpose, knowing they'd fight over who it was meant for later. Everyone else in a gym prickled slightly with jealousy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Words:1178

I hope you guys don't mind that I changed it to hinata looking at Mc instead of closing his eyes, I thought it was cute and a way to change it up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 5.3K 40
"𝕪𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕟 𝕚𝕕𝕚𝕠𝕥" "𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣, 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕞𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕚𝕥" You and Kageyama started dating in middle school at the end of yo...
318K 5.6K 29
You are Hinata's childhood bestfriend. You guys grow up together until you move to America in middle school. Now you are back to Japan, you will atte...
471K 12.6K 51
Y/n wasn't excepting this to happen... Becoming one of the manager of the Karasuno's volleyball team and dealing with a past crush. her life really...
191K 5.2K 21
{Rewriting} [L/N] [Y/N], a first-year student at Karasuno High who just moved around town. Her cousin, Shimizu Kiyoko suggested her to enroll there a...