𝘮 𝘢 𝘥 𝘦 𝘭 𝘺 𝘯

By jack_le_moineau

[COMPLETED] ⤷ ᴍᴀᴅᴇʟʏɴ ꜱᴡᴀɴ & ɴᴀᴛʜᴀɴɪᴇʟ ᴄᴜʟʟᴇɴ I don't own the Twilight Saga, only my OCs and their plot. I al... More

⎾𝓬𝓪𝓼𝓽
⤷ 𝙥 𝙧 𝙚 𝙢 𝙞 𝙚 𝙧 𝙚 𝙥 𝙖 𝙧 𝙩 𝙞 𝙚
𝐮 𝐧
𝐝 𝐞 𝐮 𝐱
𝐭 𝐫 𝐨 𝐢 𝐬
𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐭 𝐫 𝐞
𝐜 𝐢 𝐧 𝐪
𝐬 𝐢 𝐱
𝐬 𝐞 𝐩 𝐭
𝐡 𝐮 𝐢 𝐭
𝐧 𝐞 𝐮 𝐟
𝐝 𝐢 𝐱
𝐨 𝐧 𝐳 𝐞
𝐝 𝐨 𝐮 𝐳 𝐞
𝐭 𝐫 𝐞 𝐢 𝐳 𝐞
𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐭 𝐨 𝐫 𝐳 𝐞
⎾𝓬𝓪𝓼𝓽
⤷ 𝙙 𝙚 𝙪 𝙭 𝙞 𝙚 𝙢 𝙚 𝙥 𝙖 𝙧 𝙩 𝙞 𝙚
𝐪 𝐮 𝐢 𝐧 𝐳 𝐞
𝐬 𝐞 𝐢 𝐳 𝐞
𝐝 𝐢 𝐱 - 𝐬 𝐞 𝐩 𝐭
𝐝 𝐢 𝐱 - 𝐡 𝐮 𝐢 𝐭
𝐝 𝐢 𝐱 - 𝐧 𝐞 𝐮 𝐟
𝐯 𝐢 𝐧 𝐠 𝐭
𝐯 𝐢 𝐧 𝐠 𝐭 - 𝐞 𝐭 - 𝐮 𝐧
𝐯 𝐢 𝐧 𝐠 𝐭 - 𝐝 𝐞 𝐮 𝐱
𝐯 𝐢 𝐧 𝐠 𝐭 - 𝐭 𝐫 𝐨 𝐢 𝐬
𝐯 𝐢 𝐧 𝐠 𝐭 - 𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐭 𝐫 𝐞
⎾𝓬𝓪𝓼𝓽
⤷ 𝙩 𝙧 𝙤 𝙞 𝙨 𝙞 𝙚 𝙢 𝙚 𝙥 𝙖 𝙧 𝙩 𝙞 𝙚
𝐯 𝐢 𝐧 𝐠 𝐭 - 𝐜 𝐢 𝐧 𝐪
𝐯 𝐢 𝐧 𝐠 𝐭 - 𝐬 𝐢 𝐱
𝐯 𝐢 𝐧 𝐠 𝐭 - 𝐬 𝐞 𝐩 𝐭
𝐯 𝐢 𝐧 𝐠 𝐭 - 𝐡 𝐮 𝐢 𝐭
𝐯 𝐢 𝐧 𝐠 𝐭 - 𝐧 𝐞 𝐮 𝐟
𝐭 𝐫 𝐞 𝐧 𝐭 𝐞
𝐭 𝐫 𝐞 𝐧 𝐭 𝐞 - 𝐞 𝐭 - 𝐮 𝐧
𝐭 𝐫 𝐞 𝐧 𝐭 𝐞 - 𝐝 𝐞 𝐮 𝐱
𝐭 𝐫 𝐞 𝐧 𝐭 𝐞 - 𝐭 𝐫 𝐨 𝐢 𝐬
⎾𝓬𝓪𝓼𝓽
⤷ 𝙦 𝙪 𝙖 𝙩 𝙧 𝙞 𝙚 𝙢 𝙚 𝙥 𝙖 𝙧 𝙩 𝙞 𝙚
𝐭 𝐫 𝐞 𝐧 𝐭 𝐞 - 𝐜 𝐢 𝐧 𝐪
𝐭 𝐫 𝐞 𝐧 𝐭 𝐞 - 𝐬 𝐢 𝐱
𝐭 𝐫 𝐞 𝐧 𝐭 𝐞 - 𝐬 𝐞 𝐩 𝐭
𝐭 𝐫 𝐞 𝐧 𝐭 𝐞 - 𝐡 𝐮 𝐢 𝐭
𝐭 𝐫 𝐞 𝐧 𝐭 𝐞 - 𝐧 𝐞 𝐮 𝐟
𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐫 𝐚 𝐧 𝐭 𝐞
𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐫 𝐚 𝐧 𝐭 𝐞 - 𝐞 𝐭 - 𝐮 𝐧
𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐫 𝐚 𝐧 𝐭 𝐞 - 𝐝 𝐞 𝐮 𝐱
𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐫 𝐚 𝐧 𝐭 𝐞 - 𝐭 𝐫 𝐨 𝐢 𝐬
𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐫 𝐚 𝐧 𝐭 𝐞 - 𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐭 𝐫 𝐞
𝐦 𝐚 𝐝 𝐞 𝐥 𝐲 𝐧
𝐛 𝐨 𝐧 𝐮 𝐬 # 𝟏
𝐧 𝐞 𝐱 𝐭 𝐬 𝐭 𝐨 𝐫 𝐲
𝐧 𝐞 𝐰 𝐬 𝐭 𝐨 𝐫 𝐲

𝐭 𝐫 𝐞 𝐧 𝐭 𝐞 - 𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐭 𝐫 𝐞

16.8K 523 56
By jack_le_moineau

The Cullens and the pack were standing in the clearing, around a huge fire. They burnt every piece of newborns and Seth and Edward brought the ones from the mountain. When Nathaniel got closer to them, Madelyn kept her eyes closed, burying her head further into the crook of her fiancé's neck. She didn't want to see everyone's pitiful face.

"We have a few minutes. Maybe ten," Alice said, worrying about the Volturi.

"They timed their arrival well," Rosalie rolled her eyes, leaning against her mate, who wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

"Probably hoping the newborns took a few of us out," Emmett agreed with her.

"What's she doing here?" Edward wondered, tilting his head towards Bree. She took a few steps back, scared.

"We offered her safe haven if she stopped fighting. She took it," Esme pressed a comforting hand on the young girl's shoulder.

"The pack needs to leave. The Volturi won't honor a truce with werewolves," Carlisle stepped closer to Nathaniel, eyeing Madelyn's injuries.

Smelling the sicky stench of a vampire near by, Leah spined around only to met the red eyes of a newborn. She was going to charge at him, but Edward stopped her.

"Leah, don't -," Jacob jumped on the vampire, biting a piece of his face off, but the newborn crushed the wolf. Immediately, the rest of the pack neutralised the male and tore him apart. Jacob was laying on the ground, now in his human form, screaming in agony. Carlisle quickly speeded to the shapeshifter.

"The bones on the right half of his body are shattered," While the doctor examined him, the rest of the pack came back, as human this time.

"Jacob, you idiot, I had it -."

"Leah," Sam stated with a stern voice, making his ex-fiancée glared at him.

"I need to set the bones before his accelerated healing kicks in. It's already starting," Carlisle lift his head to look at the Swan's wolf. "And Madelyn's leg too."

"We have to get them out of here before the Volturi arrive. We won't win a fight with them," Edward declared.

"Go. I'll be there as soon as I can," Carlisle turned towards Nathaniel. "I'll need your help too, we need to do it soon," The black haired vampire nodded. Over the years, he studied medicine, but even if he had a great control over his bloodlust, it wasn't any near the control Carlisle had. With his knowledge, he could be able to help his coven brother.

"We'll bring them to Billy's," The teacher and the doctor nodded at the Alpha. Jared walked closer to Madelyn.

"Come on, baby sis. We have to go now," He picked the Swan girl in his arms, earning a painful hiss in return. He apologized under his breath and shared a look with his sister's imprint. The rest of the pack lifted Jacob, who cried out in pain. Nathaniel's eyes followed them until they were out of his sight before Alice spoke up.

"They're here," The vampires gathered closer to the Volturi guards, who smiled a little at Luca, who smiled shyly back. He was tucked under Edward's arm, who squeezed him tighter gently.

"It appears you've done our work for us," Jane spoke, almost teasing them. She was slightly in front of Alec, Demetri and Felix. "Impressive. I've never seen a coven escape an assault of this magnitude."

"We were lucky," Carlisle said humbly.

"I doubt that," Jane raised an eyebrow.

"It appears we missed an entertaining fight, sister," Alec's quiet voice was heard.

"Yes. It's not often we're rendered... unnecessary," The blonde guard looked around the field, taking note of a newborn.

"If only you'd arrived a half-hour earlier, you could have fulfilled your purpose here," Edward stated blandly.

"Pity," Jane glanced again at the young girl. "You missed one."

"We offered her asylum in exchange for her surrender," Carlisle took a step closer to Bree, trying to reassure her.

"That wasn't yours to offer," Jane walked closer to Bree. "Why did you come?" Bree cried out in pain as the Volturi girl used her gift on her. Esme quickly talked.

"They came to destroy us - to kill Bella," The Cullen mother closed her mouth after that. The army succeeded in destroying Bella. Jane ignored the woman.

"Who created you?" Jane continued using her gift, not leaving a second for Bree to answer.

"You don't have to do that. She'll tell you anything you want to know," Esme spoke again.

"Oh, I know," Jane smiled innocently while Carlisle pressed a hand on his wife's shoulder.

"I don't know. Riley wouldn't tell us. He said our thoughts weren't safe," Bree spoke quickly when the pain stopped.

"Her name was Victoria... perhaps you knew her?" Edward chimed in when his mother was about to interfere again.

"Edward, if the Volturi had knowledge of Victoria, they would have stopped her. Isn't that right, Jane?" Carlisle ventured politely. None of the guards answered his question. Jane turned her head to Felix.

"Felix," She gestured to Bree.

"She didn't know what she was doing," Esme urged.

"Please Jane, don't do this," Luca pleaded, stepping in front of the newborn, making Felix stopped in his track. The girl's red eyes fell onto him. Luca had a special place in each of the Volturi's heart, and Jane especially. She couldn't say no to him, just as her brother. After a few seconds of silence, Jane gave a sharp nod while Felix walked back beside Demetri. Bree took a deep unneeded breath while Esme and Carlisle walked closer to her.

"You mentioned Bella. Where is she?" Jane glanced around the clearing, even if she already knew the human wasn't there.

"Isabella perished during the battle," Nathaniel spoke up for the first time.

"Oh. What a shame," Her voice was emotionless, not caring at all about the girl. With a last look at them, Jane nodded at Luca before turning on her heels and speeding away, the three guards following her. After they left, Esme and Carlisle exchanged a look before looking at Bree. They were going to bring her to Denali, so she could learn about the vegetarian diet.

In La Push, Jacob was on his bed and Madelyn was laying down on the couch. While the boy was still screaming in agony, the latter felt numb. She couldn't care less about her leg. Charlie just lost a daughter. And he didn't even know that she died, and how. And it was the fault of his other daughter. How could Madelyn explain that to him?

While the rest of the pack and Billy were waiting outside, Sam was besides Jacob and Jared was with his sister. He held her hand since they came to the older man's house and didn't let go, showing her he was there for her if she wanted to talk.

Nathaniel and Carlisle got there as soon as possible. The blond doctor was sure his coven brother wouldn't be able to re-break his mate's bones, as it meant he had to hurt her, even if it would help her, so he immediately got to Madelyn. Nathaniel let out a relieved breath and took care of Jacob. Every time the Swan wolf screamed, Nathaniel flinched, but he had to stay concentrated to break Jacob's bones correctly, even if it was painful to listen to his mate suffering. After he was done, he walked to the living room and sat down on the ground beside his mate. Jared left when Carlisle was breaking her leg's bones and treating her wounds.

"How are you feeling, darling?" The vampire tucked a stray of her hair behind her ear and pressed kisses on her face.

"Like crap," Madelyn blurted. Nathaniel let out a small smile at that. She continued. "It's my fault. I wasn't able to save her."

"It's not your fault, mon amour [my love]. You did everything you could. Don't be so hard on yourself," He stroked her hair lovingly.

"I just wish she was safe and sound," Madelyn stared at the ceiling.

"I know. We all do," She shot him a septic look. "I swear. We all knew she was important for you and Charlie. She should be besides you right now and I am sorry she's not," Nathaniel cupped her cheek gently. Madelyn gave her imprint an unconvincing smile, before closing her eyes and rubbing her stomach absentmindedly.

Noticing her move, their happy news came back to his mind. Shifting slightly on the ground, Nathaniel sat closer to her stomach, resting his head on it lightly. The faint sound of their child's heartbeat made him smile. Even with the bad news of Bella's death, their little angel was safe and that was the only thing that mattered now.

Unknown to the couple, Charlie was on his way to the reservation. Billy had called him, saying he was needed immediately. He quickly got to his best friend's house just as Carlisle walked out.

"Nathaniel gave him some morphine but his body temperature will burn it off soon. I'll come back to set up a drip," The doctor explained.

"Thank you," Billy whispered, his voice thick with emotion.

"Morphine? What happened to him?" The cop walked closer, suddenly worried.

"Charlie," Sam greeted him politely before walking with him farther. The Alpha explained everything. How the pack needed to deal with a menace and how Madelyn and Jacob got hurt.

"What about Bella? Madelyn and she were supposedly together. Where is she?" Charlie wondered.

"I'm sorry, Chief Swan," Sam looked down and patted the man's shoulder blade before walking back to his imprint. Charlie gulped, scared of the sudden truth. He didn't want to believe it. The man walked back to the house. The pack left on their own way, only Sam and Emily were still talking with Billy. Nathaniel walked out and made an eye contact with his mate's father. As if he was reading his mind, the vampire nodded, confirming the undenying truth.

"My condolences, Charlie. Madelyn did everything she could," The cop only stared at the door behind his daughter's fiancé, his eyes slowly getting filled with tears. He barely nodded before entering the house. Walking to the living room, he gasped quietly as he eyed the bandage on his daughter's legs. They were slightly red, but Madelyn's wounds stopped bleeding by now. The only thing that was left was her leg, twisted weirdly. When the Swan wolf smelled her father, she opened her eyes in fright. She tried to sit up swiftly, but she let out a small gasp of pain instead.

"Lay down," Charlie commanded, not wanting his daughter to be in more pain than she already was. Madelyn listened to him, starting to cry once again. The older man sat down on the armchair near the couch.

"Dad, I'm so sorry, I wasn't able to..." Madelyn wanted to beg her father for his forgiveness.

"Shh. Don't cry," He wiped her fresher tears away. "I know you did everything you could. Don't feel bad. I wish I could have done something, too. To protect you guys. I feel like I failed you both. Bella's gone and you are hurt," He choked, burying his head between his hands, bursting into tears. Ignoring her aching body, Madelyn sat up and brought her father into a hug. They sobbed together for quite a long time, before Madelyn fell asleep on the couch and Charlie, on his armchair.

That's how Nathaniel found them, when he finished talking with Sam, Emily and Billy. While the elder wheeled himself to his room, taking a breath every time Jacob cried out, the vampire took a seat at his mate's feet. He decided to clean her wounds again and changed her bandages before picking her up gently and sliding under her. With his beloved resting on his chest, he sighed, feeling peaceful.

A few days passed before it was Bella's funerals. Both of the remaining Swans planned everything and Renée and Phil were staying at the hotel for the week. Madelyn was slowly accepting the truth, that Bella wasn't there anymore. The father and daughter duo spent the week together, mourning their loss, and that brought them closer. Charlie knew Madelyn was hard on herself, just like Madelyn knew her father was hard on himself. Both were blaming themselves, and nobody could understand them better than the other.  She apologized everyday to her father for it, even if the older man told her she had nothing to apologize for. Charlie knew she tried to save her, and that was okay. It was not anyone's fault, except that "animal".

Speaking of animals, the police had searched for Bella in the forest and concluded she was attacked by one, as many other cases were similar.

Today was the younger Swan's funerals and Madelyn was preparing herself in her room. She put on a black dress and was combing her hair when someone knocked on her door. The beautiful face of her fiancé appeared when he opened it.

"Good morning, mon amour [my love]. Are you ready?" Nathaniel grabbed her comb and finished what she was doing before pressing a kiss on the top of her head. Placing it back down on her desk, Madelyn got up and wrapped her arms around the vampire's neck, pressing her lips to his lovingly.

"Not really, but I guess," Nathaniel wrapped his arms around her waist and pressed her closer to his chest, swaying softly together.

"Everything will be fine. You can say goodbye to her today. And you know I am always there for you if you want to talk about her," He rubbed his nose against hers, making the girl smile.

"I know. I just don't want to bother you. I know you're not her biggest fan," Nathaniel shook his head.

"Even if you're right, she is important to you. And that's all that matters to me. It's you. If you have the need to talk about her, I'll gladly listen. As much as it is weird to say, I'll listen to you talk about her for hours without cutting you off. Especially if it means you'll feel better after," Nathaniel cupped her face while he talked, making sure to stare into her eyes so she knew he was sincere. Madelyn melted into his embrace and kissed him again.

"Je t'aime [I love you]," Madelyn mumbled in French, blushing slightly as she didn't speak French often. She buried her face on his chest, which moved slightly with Nathaniel's chuckles.

"Je t'aime aussi, ma chérie [I love you too, my darling]," The vampire kissed her forehead just as Charlie knocked and walked through the door.

"It's time," He slightly smiled at them before turning back on his heels and walking back downstairs. Madelyn nodded to give herself some courage before looking up at her fiancé. Lacing their fingers together, they joined Charlie outside and to Nathaniel's black car. He opened the back door for his mate before joining his father-in-law in the front. Nathaniel drove them where the ceremony was taking place.

Through the rest of the day, many people of Forks and La Push came to give their condolences. As Charlie was the chief, almost everyone in Forks knew him and came. Bella's friends, as Angela, Jessica, Mike and Eric, came with their parents. The Cullens and the pack came too, with the imprints and the elders. Charlie and Renée did a small speech about the defund daughter and after, people started to leave.

Madelyn was sitting outside with her eyes closed. She had a headache after hearing "my condolences" from hundreds of people. While she was breathing fresh air, she didn't notice Carol Cameron walking towards her with a nervous face. Before the older woman could talk, Renée appeared from nowhere.

"Maddy, Phil, Charlie and I are ready to go to the restaurant. We are going now, you can join us with Nathaniel, okay?" Renée's voice made Madelyn jumped as she was lost in her thoughts. Opening her eyes, she put her hands in front of her eyes so she could see her adoptive mother without the sun blinding her.

"Sure, mom. We'll be there soon," Renée smiled and turned around, apologizing to Carol when she almost walked into her. That's when Madelyn noticed her biological mother standing there with a slightly hurt look on. The Swan wolf bit her lower lip, feeling a little guilty. She just called her adoptive mother "mom" in front of her biological mother, oops.

"Madelyn," Carol smiled. She couldn't blame the young woman for calling another woman, mom, as she wasn't there for her when she should have been.

"Carol," Madelyn smiled back and got up, brushing the dust off her dress. She had seen Carol in La Push sometimes, and every time they met, they greeted each other, but nothing more. They never really had a real conversation together and Madelyn felt kind of sad about it. She wanted to get to know her mother, but she didn't know where to start.

"I went inside and Charlie told me you were here, so I thought we could talk a little... but I know you have to go," Carol rambled, playing with her bag nervously.

"Yes, right now I can't but, um. I would love to talk with you sometimes," Madelyn grinned slightly. Carol smiled widely at that.

"Great! And maybe, Jared could join us?" The Cameron woman wanted nothing more than talking to both of her kids together.

"Of course," Nathaniel walked out of the building and smiled at his fiancée. He didn't join them as he felt the moment important for both women. "I have to go now, but we could grab a coffee later?" Madelyn offered her biological mother.

"I'll be there for sure. You can ask Charlie for my number," Carol smiled widely. "Can I, um, hug you?" Madelyn was surprised by her question but accepted. When Carol brought her daughter into her arms, she whispered. "I am sorry about your sister, Madelyn. You can call me anytime if you need to talk," She pulled back and patted the Swan wolf's cheek. After saying goodbye to Nathaniel when she walked past him, she joined her husband, who was waiting near their car.

"When will you call her?" Nathaniel asked curiously, wrapping an arm around Madelyn's waist and kissing her temple firmly. She shrugged.

"Soon. I really want to talk to her," Madelyn grinned, bouncing on her feet slightly. Nathaniel chuckled, staring at his beloved with adoration. He was glad she was happier than she was before. Before Madelyn could walked away, the vampire brought her back to his chest, nuzzling his head in the crook of her neck. He rubbed one of his hands on his mate's stomach, pleased with feeling the small heartbeat of their child on his palm. With another kiss pressed on her temple, Nathaniel guided his beloved to the car and they left to the restaurant to join Madelyn's relatives.

With the army and Victoria, and as much as it was horrible to say, with Bella dealt with, Nathaniel could finally focus on his mate. He and Madelyn had to plan their wedding and now, the arrival of their little surprise.

And they both couldn't wait for that new adventure to start.

Longer chapter today to mark the end of Eclipse!

Thank you so much for reading that third part, I really hope you liked it. Thank you for all the great comments, I really appreciate it!

I will take a one week break and I'll update Breaking Dawn's cast/part soon.

Also, I'm working on this book's playlist and I was wondering if you have any music suggestions that remind you of Madelyn and Nathaniel's story :) 

Have a nice day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

523K 14.8K 52
˗ˏˋ꒰ ✨ ꒱ - ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ 𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌ ╰┈➤ ❝ [(n.) The act of loving the one who loves you; a love returned full.] ❝If it were up to me, I'...
460K 7.3K 34
What if Isabella had an adopted older sister What if she was jealous of her What if they didn't like each other What if she lived with Charlie What i...
134K 6.3K 32
.•A story in which a vampire and a hybrid find each other in a strange way, and end up being perfect for each other. When a human enters their family...
147K 7.7K 31
𝘰𝘰𝘰. ┋【 𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐈𝐄 】- 𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪, 𝘸𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘳𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘦 ☁️. *. ⋆ ੈ✩‧ ೃ⁀➷ - - - 𝑰𝑵 𝑾𝑯𝑰𝑪𝑯... she cann...