Soft Whispers - Fred Weasley...

By uglydiaries

šƒšŽš'š“ š˜šŽš” š’š„š„ š–š‡š€š“ š˜šŽš” šƒšŽ š“šŽ šŒš„? šˆ š‚š€š'š“ š„š€š“, š’š‹š„š„š, šŽš‘ šš‹šŽšŽšƒš˜ š“... More

Author's note
[ Chapter 1 ]
[ Chapter 2 ]
[ Chapter 3 ]
[ Chapter 4 ]
[ Chapter 5 ]
[ Chapter 6 ]
[ Chapter 7 ]
A/N
[ Chapter 8 ]
[ Chapter 9 ]
[ Chapter 10 ]
[ Chapter 11 ]
[ Chapter 12 ]
[ Chapter 13 ]
[ Chapter 14 ]
[ Chapter 15 ]
[ Chapter 16 ]
[ Chapter 17 ]
[ Chapter 18 ]
[ Chapter 19 ]
[ Chapter 20 ]
[ Chapter 21 ]
[ Chapter 22 ]
[ Chapter 23 ]
[ Chapter 24 ]
[ Chapter 25 ]
[ Chapter 26 ]
[Chapter 27 ]
[ Chapter 28 ]
[ Chapter 29 ]
[ Chapter 30 ]
[ Chapter 31 ]
[ Chapter 32 ]
[ Chapter 33 ]
[ Chapter 34 ]
[ Chapter 35 ]
[ Chapter 36 ]
[ Chapter 37 ]
[ Chapter 38 ]
[ Chapter 39 ]
[ Chapter 40 ]
[ Chapter 41 ]
[ Chapter 42 ]
[ Chapter 43 ]
[ Chapter 44 ]
[ Chapter 45 ]
[ Chapter 46 ]
[ Chapter 47 ]
[ Chapter 48 ]
[ Chapter 49 ]
[ Chapter 50 ]
[ Chapter 51 ]
[ Chapter 52 ]
[ Chapter 53]
[ Chapter 54 ]
[ Chapter 55 ]
[ Chapter 56 ]
[ Chapter 57 ]
[Chapter 58]
[ Chapter 59 ]
[ Chapter 60 ]
[ Chapter 61 ]
Author Note <3
[ Chapter 62 ]
[ Chapter 63 ]
[ Chapter 64 ]
[ Chapter 65 ]
[ Chapter 66 ]

Surprise <3

1.5K 34 10
By uglydiaries

A/N: SURPRISE! Thank you so much for 50K! As I mentioned in the past I wanted to write a marauders story that follows along with the story line of Soft Whispers. This is a sneak peak of the first chapter that will be published right after Soft Whispers is finished. I hope you enjoy it and want to continue the journey with Amelia Potter. This story means so much to me, and by far is one of my favorites. 

Amelia took in a shaky breath as she looked at the platform in front of her. A million different things running through her mind as her twin brother came to stand beside her.

"Millie, It's going to be fine," her twin said as he slightly clasped her hand. Saying the nickname he had given her so many years ago. "Mum and dad said they would be proud no matter what house we got in."

"James, I don't think I can do this," she said looking over at her brother. He gave her a lopsided smile before pulling her closer to him.

"Then we'll do it together," he said clasping his fingers with hers and dragging her along as they entered the platform. She closed her eyes from the impact- waiting to be hit by the bricks- but it never came. She reluctantly opened her eyes and was astonished to see a giant train blowing steam out in front of her. 

"Come on kids, you don't want to be late," Euphemia Potter called out as she pulled her two kids into a big hug, squeezing Amelia's nose in the process. "Don't forget to write to me."

"Please darling, they will be writing to me. I am the favorite parent," Fleamont chuckled as he wrapped in arm around his two children.

Amelia let out a laugh as she wrapped her arms around her dad squeezing a little bit harder as the fear of leaving them was tickling in.

"James, please look out for your sister. Above anything you will always have each other." Euphemia said placing a small kiss on their cheek before rushing them along.

James hand still gripped Amelia's tightly as he pulled her with him. His excitement bouncing off of him as they took their first step of the train. "I can't wait to be sorted into Gryffindor! And then can you image if we can get put on the quidditch team? I mean obviously we will since we're both Potter's but can you actually image us? The Potter duo, best chasers out there."

Amelia rolled her eyes at her brother's ramble. She didn't have the heart to tell him her fear that they wouldn't be placed in the same house, let alone her fear of everyone watching her on the quidditch field. Luckily for her, you couldn't tryout until second year so she had a while to be able to break the news to him.

"It looks like every compartment is full," Amelia sighed as she grabbed her luggage in the hand that wasn't clasped in James. She was about to suggest that maybe they should just go home when James opened a compartment door.

"Do you mind if we sit in here?" He asked, his eyes lightening up as he starred at the girl, who was currently reading.

She was very pretty, and the more Amelia looked the more she saw light radiating off of her. The girl smiled as she looked up nodding her head. "Of course. I'm Lily by the way. Lily Evans, and this is Severus Snape." She said pointing to the boy who sat beside her.

Amelia starred at him, as he sent them a disgusted look. Something James seemed to miss as he reached out and gripped Lily's hand. "Hi, I'm James Potter, and this is my twin sister Amelia."

"Hi," Amelia whispered shyly as she waved. She took a seat across from Severus as James jumped right into conversation. He was more of the outgoing twin as Amelia tried to watch in the shadows.

"What house do you reckon you will be in? I know for a fact we're going to be in Gryffindor," he said placing his arms around her. She smiled as she leaned into her twin allowing the comfort that always seemed to follow when he was around.

Amelia however drew her eyes to Severus as he let out a snort. "We'll be put in Slytherin of course," he said puffing out his chest trying to seem intimidating, but failed miserable as his greasy hair fell in his face.

"I should of realized I smelled a snake in here," James grumbled turning his attention to Lily, "and here I thought we could be best friends."

"Like we would every want to be friends with the likes of you," Severus said pointing his wand directly at James. Amelia gasped before drawing her own wand out. Lily looked at the three in confusion before shutting her book completely.

"Put your wands away now!" Lily demanded rising to her feet. "You all are acting like a bunch of children over some house that you don't even know you'll be put in."

Amelia drew her wand away first before grabbing hers and James luggage from the compartment. "We're sorry to bother you," She said towards Lily- grabbing James ear and pulling him out of the compartment in the process.

"Ow! Let go, why did you make me leave?" James pouted as he folded his arms in front of her. "Millie, I could have taken him."

Amelia just rolled her eyes as she tried to find another compartment. All were jammed pack with at least five people. "You were going to get us kicked out by the way you were acting. Oh here is a semi empty compartment," she said knocking. The three boys looked up as she opened the door. "Do you mind if my idiot brother and I share your compartment?"

"I'm not an idiot!" James yelled as he stood next to her. "Hi guys I'm James Potter," he said sitting down, already making himself comfortable. "This is Amelia."

Amelia sat down next to a boy with sandy brown hair. He had light scars across his face and was currently reading a book. She looked to see James talking with a boy with black hair, a smile etched on his face as they talked about quidditch. The last boy in the compartment was a chubby boy, who was currently eating three chocolate frogs simultaneous.

"So names?" Amelia asked shyly as she looked around the compartment.

The boy next to her put his book slightly down as he looked her in the eyes. "I'm Remus. Remus Lupin," he said- a light pink tint reaching his cheeks. She returned the smiled as she turned her attention to the boy with black hair.

"Sirius Black," he said with a wink. "And don't you forget it."

"Hey!" James said hitting him upside the head. "No flirting with my sister."

"Ha, like I would ever fall for a Black," she said jokingly as she bumping Remus's shoulder lightly. Allowing some of the wild curls from her head to fall in front of her face.

"I think Amelia Black has a nice ring to it," Sirius said as he gave her a small grin.

"In your dreams," she said rolling her eyes.

"I'm Peter, Peter Pettigrew," the little boy shrieked with a mouthful of chocolate.

The five spent the time in the compartment laughing, and Amelia let the nerves that had settled in her stomach vanish as she listened to stories of the other three boys. She learned that Remus loved to read, and at home had his own library. Amelia shared her love for books and even offered to lend him some that he hadn't heard of. Sirius came from a line of pureblood Slytherins and was hoping above all that he could break tradition. He didn't agree with the pureblood supremacy and that relaxed Amelia's mind. Peter spent most of the time clueless on what was going on around him but he mentioned that he loved playing wizard chess.

"You know what," James said standing up from his chair. "I think we are going to be the best of friends."

"Agreed," Sirius said looking at the other four. "Do you pledge your loyalty to our new group?"

Amelia let out a laugh, "and what happens when we're all put in different houses? Where will our loyalty stand?"

"With each other," James said putting his hand in front of him. "Whose in? Millie?" He asked.

"Millie?" Remus asked, looking at her in confusion.

"It's a nickname James gave me ages ago."

"Yup, but I'm the only one that can call her that. Now whose with me?"

One by one Amelia, Sirius, Remus, and Peter put their hand on James as they swore loyalty to one another. After that the group continued to talk, and Amelia was able to convince Remus to put his book away a few prefects told them they needed to change in their robes. 

The closer they got to Hogwarts the more the nerves settled in. Amelia got up with the rest of the boys turning left towards the girls bathroom as they headed right. She cast one look back at James watching him laugh with the other three. Almost sensing her James turned around giving her a quick thumbs up before entering the boys bathroom.

She took in a shaky breath opening up the girls bathroom door bumping into someone as they exited out. Fiery red hair blurred her vision as she took a step back. 

Lily sent her a small smile before blocking her path. "I'm sorry about Severus. I know it's no excuse for his behavior but he's not really good with new people. I hope you don't find me too hostile. It would be wonderful to have a girl friend," she said taking Amelia by surprise and pulling her into a small hug. 

"I'd love to be your friend," Amelia said wrapping her hands around the small girl and returning the hug. "And I'm sorry about my brother. He can be a git sometimes." 

"Let just agree that boys are weird." Lily said laughing and taking a step back so Amelia could walk through. "I'll see you in the sorting ceremony."

Amelia nodded walking into the bathroom and throwing on her robe. It was all black, empty of the house crest that would soon be placed near her chest. 

She looked in the mirror taking in her full complexion. Her curly black hair stuck to the side of her face as the humidity from the air frizzed her baby hairs.  She let out a small sigh before opening up the bathroom door and heading back to her compartment. 

"What took so long?" James asked as she slide open the door- looking up at his sister in concern.

"Oh," she said realizing all four boys were staring at her. "I ran into Lily, that girl from early. She apologized for her friends outburst." She said taking a comfortable seat next to Remus.

"What happened?" Sirius asked looking at the two twins with confusion.

"It was just a small misunderstanding," Amelia said cutting James off before he could exaggerate the story.

"No not a misunderstanding. A snake almost blew my head off!"

"A snake?" Remus asked looking up in confusion.

"Don't mind him, he's a little bit dramatic. Oh look I think we're here!" Amelia said pointing out the window as the train started to slow down. 

She went to reach up to grab her suitcase when a hand stopped her in the process. She looked up to see a smiling Sirius. "Here let me help," he said reaching up and grabbing it from the rack. "No lady should ever have to carry something as heavy as this."

Amelia smiled, knowing it wasn't as heavy as he was stating but she just nodded and let him do it anyways. She followed the boys out, a little reluctant. The fears of being separated from James was overwhelming. He was always by her side. There was never a time they weren't together. 

James laughed with his new friends. They were exactly what he had hoped for when coming to Hogwarts. Not a doubt in his mind that they all wouldn't be put into Gryffindor. "Hey, where's Millie?" He asked suddenly. Sudden panic fell into his stomach as he looked back and no longer saw his sister. 

Sirius looked back briefly realizing that Amelia was no longer with them. A sea of kids crowded around them as they got ready to go on a small boat. 

"I have a bad feeling," Peter squeaked holding on tightly to Remus as they looked around. 

"Firs'-years! Firs'-years! Firs'-years over here!" A tall man in all brown clothing said calling the first years over to the entrances of the boats. "C'mon, follow me – any more firs'-years? Mind yer step, now! Firs'-years follow me!"

James looked around hoping to see a flash of his sister's dark curly hair but there was not an ounce of her in sight. 

"Don't worry so much she'll be fine," Sirius said placing a hand on James' shoulder. 

James just shook his head as the pit in his stomach grew. He walked back through the crowd as the three boys followed closely behind him. Something wasn't right here.

"Look Lucius!" A voice called out. "She's trembling in fear."

Laughter filled James ear, and when he turned the corner he saw Amelia slumped on the ground. His heart stopped momentarily as Sirius pushed forward through the students that were starting to form. 

"That's low!" Sirius yelled stepping up to face Malfoy. "A sixth year picking on a first year. Why don't you pick on someone your own size?"

"Why don't I just pick on you, oppugno," Lucius spat. 

Amelia felt weak in pain and her hand trembled as she tried to get up. James rushed to her side immediately wrapping an arm around her and gently allowing all her weight on him. Remus was now by her side looking her over for any wounds. She shook them off as she stood in front of Lucius. An evil grin on his face as he sent jinx one after another towards Sirius. 

She raised her wand slowly. "Petrificus Totalus" She shot the spell easily from her wand as it hit Lucius directly in the chest. His body went immediately stiff and he fell back down. The crowd around them laughed and Amelia immediately rushed to Sirius' side. "Are you okay?"

"Where did you learn to do that?" Sirius asked astonished.

"Yeah Millie that was wicked," James said coming to his sister's side. "You just took out a sixth year! I didn't know you could do that."

"I've been practicing," Amelia said shyly as she fell into steps with the boys. 

"Well that was bloody brilliant! Did you see his face when you sent the jinx his way? You my friend are blood brilliant," Sirius said cupping Amelia's face with his hands as he stopped her in her tracks. 

"Thank you," Amelia said feeling the slight pink grace her cheeks. 

"Come on let's hurry on the boats before they leave without us," Peter squealed running in front of them as they got on the last boat. Remus lent Amelia his arm as he helped her in. She softly placed her foot in the boat and sat down next to James as he placed his arm protectively around her. 

"Whoa," she said looking as the castle came into view. Her eyes sparkling with excitement. All four boys looked up with her. Their mouth slightly agape as they took in the view.  

"This is going to be a good year."

"Most definitely," Amelia agreed taking in everything that she saw. 

The boat docked on the land and all the first years gathered around outside as a young witch in green stepped forward. "Welcome to Hogwarts," she said looking out among the students. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend free time in your house common room."

Amelia looked over at her friends and for the first time prayed they would all be together. She felt something special with the three boys she had just met. 

"The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule-breaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the House Cup. Now the Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school." 

The lady left abruptly leaving the first years to all gather around to themselves. 

"Well this is it boys," James said looking at his new friends.

"And lady," Amelia coughed sticking her tongue out towards her twin. 

"Let's face it," Sirius said putting his arm around her. "With the moves you showed us earlier, you're part of the boys now."

"Oh yay," Amelia sighed sarcastically as the rest of the boys let out a laugh. 

"I am professor McGonagall," the professor said coming back to face the kids, "And you will follow me now."

Amelia looked up as she felt a hand clasp hers. James was by her side, squeezing her hand slightly to give her comfort. "Don't stress."

Amelia nodded following the rest of the first years into the Great Hall. She starred up in astonishment as she watched the enchanted ceiling move. 

"When I call your name, you will sit on the stool and put on the hat, David Abbot."

Amelia watched in amazement as a young boy with blonde hair walked up to the stool and sat down. Professor McGonagall placed the hat gently on David's head before it called out, "Hufflepuff."

The boy leaped down from the stool and racing down to a table that was filled with yellow and black. 

"Sirius Black."

Amelia gave a slight thumbs up as she tried to reassure him of his house. He tried to act cool but she knew he was nervous about the outcome of where he would be placed. He slowly walked up taking a seat on the stool as everyone watched with anticipation. 

The hat was placed on his head as silence filled the whole Great Hall. 

"Gryffindor!"

Sirius froze in his spot not sure if he heard right. He slowly got down from his seat and headed towards the red and gold table. No one clapped as he walked and sat down. It was utter silence. Amelia looked around before bringing her hands together and cheering. James was quick to realize what she was doing as he joined in. Remus and Peter following behind and then the whole Great Hall had erupted in cheers. 

Amelia tried everything in her mind to calm her nerves as more people got called. Lily Evans had gotten sorted into Gryffindor along with Remus and Peter. Three had gone to Hufflepuff, four had been sorted into Slytherin, and five had gone to Ravenclaw.

"Amelia Potter," Professor McGonagall called out looking at the sea of children. James squeezed her hand slightly as she made her way on the stool. She sat her bottom down trying not to make eye contact with anyone. 

"Ahh a Potter, how refreshing. I see you have a bright mind, a very kind soul. You, child are going to lead a great nation, but where to put you? I know better be GRYFINDOR!"

Amelia relaxed in the seat as a huge smile etched on her face. She jumped down from her stool immediately skipping towards the Gryffindor table and sitting down next to Peter. 

"I knew you had it in you," Sirius said with a smile. 

Amelia returned the smile as she turned her attention to her brother who was currently sitting on the stool. She looked at Remus who was currently sitting in front of her. "It's sure taking a long time isn't it?" She asked nervously.

"It's probably fine," Sirius said looking over towards James. 

Amelia nodded as the anxiety of being split up from her brother crept in. 

"GRYFFINDOR!"

Amelia jumped up with the rest of the students as they clapped for their newest member. James rushed along bringing Amelia into a big hug as he sat down next to her. "I told you there was nothing to worry about," James said laughing as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder. 

Amelia just shook her head laughing with him. "You're an idiot."

"It's a good thing we ended up together since we pledged our loyalty," Peter said looking at his new friends. 

"Together until the end," Sirius said smiling at the group. 

"Forever." Amelia finished glad she found a home within her new friends. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.9K 1K 53
Two redheads One love In good times and bad In health and sickness At least that's what they thought... a Fred Weasley love (and more) story 02/22...
30.7K 711 40
"Tš”šžš«šž š¢š¬ š¬šØš¦šžš­š”š¢š§š  ššš›šØš®š­ š²šØš® š­š”ššš­ š¦ššš¤šžš¬ š¦šž šŖš®šžš¬š­š¢šØš§ š¦š² š¬ššš§š¢š­š²," š”šž š°š”š¢š¬š©šžš«šžš š›š«šžššš­...
11.1K 233 18
It was a classic love story between Lily Evans and James Potter. They met, eventually fell in love, got married and came to have two beautiful little...
9.2K 195 30
The cover is entirely mine although the pictures were found on google ā¤ļøšŸ’› First off the plot is entirely my own although all characters except for y...