LEILA {ongoing}

Autorstwa KarsynJLaw

Aussie girl, Leila, moves to America. Repeating her senior year brings much more drama than she bargained for... Więcej

Character Aesthetic & Authors Note
Leila Playlist - avail on spotify
1.
2.
3.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18
19.
20
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31. H O M E
32. Surprise Kisses
33. Highschool cuties
34. Temper Temper
35. Go For It
36. Finally
37. Better than dessert
38. My Choice
39. His Choice
40. His Question
41. Her Answer
Thank you for your patience

4.

2.5K 32 14
Autorstwa KarsynJLaw

I know I can be a smart ass. Sarcasm is a part of me. Inbuilt in my heritage as an Aussie.

Sometimes though, it can definitely be considered rude. However, I didn't think Ms Jenkins would dislike me that much that she wanted to remove me from her class.

"I spoke with your parents last week and the three of us think this would be best."

What? Mum and Dad didn't say anything about this to me.

"Oh. Uh, Ms Jenkins, I'm sorry if you think I've been rude to you. I never meant to offend you last week, I just really didn't want to talk about myself in front of people I didn't know."

"Oh, no. Leila, that's not it at all. Your parents and I feel that you would benefit from moving to our AP Lit class.''

''Oh. So I didn't offend you?''

''Not at all. On the contrary, you're one of my easy students. So, what do you say? Want to join me in my AP class?''

After asking Ms Jenkins what an AP class was, I politely declined.

I might not be as bored but by the sounds of it, I'd actually have to study and do school work. Been there, done that. Literally.

Ms Jenkins was nice about it, letting me know that I can always change my mind and start in 2nd semester after winter break.

Lunch arrives and I walk my way outside to the bleachers. I can feel those annoying butterflies flitting around my stomach. Reminding myself that Dani was super friendly and she wouldn't have invited me to sit with her if she didn't want me there, I pick up my pace.

''Hey doll. What took you so long?'' Dani was waiting for me, leaning against a tree.

''This school is HUGE! It takes me ages to get anywhere.''

''What was your old school like.'' she makes conversation as we stroll towards the fields.

''Smaller. WAY smaller. Like a half of the students and one large quad. Oh! Um, I need to ask you a question...but it's kind of odd."

"I love odd. Shoot."

"...how do you use a locker?"

You know, I'm always happy to make someone's day. By her loud laughter and crocodile tears, I think I've made Dani's.

"Oh doll. That's hilarious." She wipes away her non-existent tears. She lets me know that her locker is close to mine so she will take me on a tour later. Heading up the bleachers I take a seat in front of Dani. Turning my hips so I'm facing the group of girls, I bring my leg up, bending my knee to rest in front of me.

"Girls, this is Leila. She's the new girl from Australia. Leila, the girls." She gestures to the beautiful people. I attempt to remember everyone's name but by the 4th introduction, I'm lost. I'm good with faces, not names.

I learn that this clique are all in the cheer squad. No wonder they all look fit. Most of them fulfill the 'traditional' look of a cheerleader. Makeup, hair, tight outfit. Some of them, like Dani, have ventured out by not wearing full eye makeup and have on looser yet stylish outfits.

Regardless of their vanity preferences, they all seem really nice. That's really all I care about.

"So how you finding Austin." One of the pretty blondes asks.

I'm about to answer when Dani responds, "She finds it uneventful. We need to change that girls, don't we." Sending me a big grin and a wink.

"Well she's not wrong." I think her name is Sandy. This girl has the look of an ethereal angle. Light blonde hair, pink lips, blue eyes with long slender fingers. Petit. I bet she would be so easy to throw.

Sending her a smile that she returns, I finally speak up. "I've only been here for about three weeks so I haven't had a chance to really explore. Mum and dad moved over here a few months back to set up our new home and start work while I finalised stuff back home."

"So that's why you weren't here for the start of semester." Dani asks.

"Yea, that and my two girlfriends and I were all 18 so I wanted to get a bit of partying in before heading over here. It's so weird that it's illegal for me to drink a beer here."

This gets there attention. Questions start flying about the differences of what I can do in Aus vs. US. A few of them ask about my life, which I brush off real quick, but other than that it seems like I get along with these girls.

"Well, I for one could listen to your accent all day. Australian accents are so sexy." Dani declares. A few girls nod in agreement. "I know you've caught the attention with a few of the guys already. Anyone you sweet on?"

As I'm about to answer with a very hard pass, my back gets nudged by someone taking a seat right behind me. Scooting forward a fraction I peer over my shoulder to see a boy with a big cheesy grin. "Hiya."

"Hey" replying as I turn back around only to find Elijah sitting by my leg on the bench below. He gives me a big smile. "So you ended up taking my offer." Tilting my head in confusion, he rolls his eyes. "You're so forgetful pretty girl. My invitation to sit with us at Lunch. You're here."

"Actually, I rejected your invitation and accepted Dani's. It's just unfortunate, you sit here too."

"Awww, don't be like that Australia." the boy sitting behind me buts in. Turning so I'm sitting on the bench like a normal person, I look straight at him and remember who he is.

"Ah, the boy that doesn't know boundaries. Mica?"

"That's me." Looking super pleased that I knew his name. "Well, Mica, you're crossing a boundary again, skootch." Shooing him away from my person. The boy practically sat on me. Thankfully, he slid a couple of inches along, giving me back my space.

"Leila, you didn't answer me." Leaning my head back so I'm seeing her upside down, she has the biggest shit eating grin plastered on her face. 

"About what." Feeling my neck cramp, I swivel to see her in a more comfortable position.

"Has anyone caught your attention?" 

"Oh that. Ah, no. I've only been here a week." confused why she asked again. Was it really that important.

"So," she shrugs, "a week is ages in high school terms."

"I guess but still, no. I don't plan on staying in America for long so everyone I meet I'm blanketing as friend/acquaintance." gently smiling.

Her eyes dart to something behind me and she grins, looking back at me. "That's fantastic." Dani giggles, "you've friendzoned everyone. I bet the boys are going to love hearing that."

"Fairly certain it won't matter."

"Mmmmhmmmm. Hear that Mica, just friends, so stop sliding closer."

Spinning around quickly I notice he's back in his original 'too close' position. "What? Friends sit close to each other. I'd love to be your friend, Leila." Mica smiles at me.

"I think I've reached my quota...for the year." I deadpan. "But thanks anyway, Mica." Smiling innocently at him.

Behind me Dani sniggers at Mica's expense. Even Elijah is chuckling. He doesn't look too pleased though.

The bell signals for us all to trudge back inside. Dani waves me goodbye as we both part ways. "Hey Australia, wait up!"

Not stopping, I look over my shoulder and see Mica jogging towards me. Is he ever not smiling like a fool. "We have Algebra together."

"We do?"

Amusement playing in his eyes, he throws an arm over my shoulders, "Did you take notice of anything last week. I'm very hard to forget."

"Says you." Nudging his arm off me, I simply shake my head.

"Well, just so you know, I'm also in Bio and Gym with you, along with Eli and a few of the others. But you can ignore them. I'm the only one worth your attention, anyway."

"So I have to put up with you in 4 different subjects. Shit, I really drew the short straw." I tease.

"Hey now. I'm a delight to be with." holding his hand to his chest looking smug.

As we take our seats, I wonder how I didn't notice Mica last week. He's sitting right in front of me. The entire class goes by much quicker than it did last week. Mica may be annoying as heck, but he is pretty funny.

His note passing skills range from placing paper on my desk like a normal person, to seeing if he can hit my head as he pegs it over his shoulder while facing the front of the class. My personal favourite was when he nearly fell off his chair.

He leant back, stretching his arms up, dropping the paper on my desk. He was balancing on the back legs of his chair when they slid out under him, causing him to jolt forward grabbing the desk.

That time I couldn't stop the laugh that bubbled up. Because of me, the teacher noticed and Mica was promptly told off for unsafe chair practices. Finally taking part in the note sharing, I scrunched up a small piece or paper. Leaning over my desk, I quickly flick it under his collar so he has to go looking for it up his shirt.

'Sorreeeee :)'

Looking over his shoulder, he send me a wink. Boys.

Most of the week proceeds in a similar fashion. As I'm taking more notice of my surroundings, I'm quick to learn that I have Psychology and Gym with Dani. She is quickly becoming a person I look for in the crowd and she comes looking for me too.

We swapped numbers at the start of the week and Monday evening she sent me a text inviting me to her party this Friday night. Knowing both mum and dad had plans that night, I happily accepted the invite.

Lunches have the same type of routine also. Sit and chat with the girls while enjoying the sunshine while we still can.

Most of the girls are dating an athlete of some sort so while it starts off just us girls, it ends with most of the boys chilling beside us too. It's like there was a sign up sheet for all the attractive, athletic people in this school and they paired them up with each other.

This school has a lot of sport options. Football, track, soccer, westling, tennis, swimming... and I thought my school had too many extra curricular activities.

Dani has introduced me to most of the footy players, while Mica has been swatting them away from me. I appreciate it. Both him and Elijah are on the team. If the boys aren't mingling with us they're training or passing the ball on the field for fun.

"Do any of you go out there and join them?" I ask the girls as I watch the football being kicked and passed between the boys. It's Thursday and I'm kind of over chatting about boys and hair.

"What, like out on the field." Ashley looks disgusted. I can't help but laugh at her.

Dani confesses, "I can't kick or throw a ball to save my life. I can help throw a petit girl up in the air and catch her if that counts."

"I didn't ask you if you were good, just if you ever get out there and give it a go?"

The consensus between all of them is a solid No. Interesting.

"Why, do you want to get out there and mingle with the guys. Who do you have your eye on?" Ashley accuses.

"No one. I like football. I use to play all the time when I was younger. Now dad and I will throw the ball around every now and than. But he's been really busy so I haven't had a chance in a bit."

"Ugh, are you one of those girls. The guys girl."

"Ash, I just like football."

"Whatever, the guys aren't even into you anymore. You're no longer the mysterious foreign new girl." Her hostility has me intrigued. "You got old real quick."

Dani's about to pounce but I put a hand on her shoulder. "Is that so?"

"Yea, totally." Raising her chin to look down her prim nose at me.

"Well, I would agree with you but than we'd both be wrong." Smiling at her.

"Exactly. Hang on, what?" Poor confused little girl.

Dani's biting down on her lips, holding in a laugh. Ashley's still trying to work it all out as the bell reminds us where we are. Mica comes running over to me, offering to walk me to class. I have Math now so we're walking the same way anyway.

I feel it before I see it. Ashley glaring at me. Looking back at a smiling Mica, I put two and two together. Jealousy ain't a nice colour on her.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Another 2 chapters done :)
How do you feel about the characters so far. These 2 chapters feel like fillers but still useful for getting to know the dynamics.

Did you enjoy them.

K.L.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

85.4K 3.8K 79
"Do you have any idea how damn frustrating you are?" He trapped me between him and the wall. Stubbornly, I looked squarely at him, "You say this lik...
3.5K 97 24
I swallow nervously looking away from him "I have them for you." He says quietly. "Have what?" I say lowly, wanting to hear him say it the same way h...
465 17 14
Who knew that love could blossom in Chemistry class? When Harper and Alec engage in a mega pickup line battle, what would this little flirting lead t...
308K 12.4K 66
I chuckled slightly and shook my head. "Does that usually work for you? The cute little remarks and that nice smile." I teased. He gave me a sheepish...