Peculiar Existence

By averagesmoothbrain

This is my first story. It follows the main storyline some with changes to the plot. Leave some feedback or s... More

A/N
Class D

Prologue

1K 58 26
By averagesmoothbrain

{Bus scene happened exactly like it did in the light novel}

I stepped off the bus and looked at where I'd be spending the next 3 years of my life. I couldn't but feel a little bit of excitement thinking about the endless amounts of new things I could learn here.  Recently, with the help from my butler "Matsuo", I had convinced my father to allow me to come here and to spend time away from "The White Room". "A facility created to breed artificial geniuses that could one day propel Japan in a new era of excellence". That is what I would like to say. But truth be told the "white room" is flawed. It doesn't account for real-world scenarios that can't be predicted through lessons.

That's why I came here. Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School. A school ran by the Japanese government that's known for developing future leaders and its 100% employment rate after graduation.

With the help of this school, I could finally fill the gaps in my knowledge.

I even had to convince my father to let me take the bus so I could get the authentic experience.

As I prepared to take the first steps into my new life, I heard a voice calling out to me.

"WAIT!"

I turned around and to see a girl looking back at me. She was the girl from the bus that was reading a book.

"Is there a problem?" I said

"On the bus. Why were you looking at me," she asked

"I was just interested in the book that you were reading."

It was a lie. Truth be told I was looking around the gauge the reactions of the other people on the bus. However, I didn't want this conversation to continue any longer than it needed.

"Then you should've looked at my book instead of me pervert."

She somehow managed to increase the duration of our conversation and insult me at the same time. How troublesome.

"You've got a lot of nerve insulting someone when you first meet them.

"Just stay away from me"

"Likewise"

She immediately left after that. It's a big school so hopefully, I never have to see her again.

=============================

My first interaction at this school was a complete flop. If all my other interactions go as bad as that I might as well just drop out now. Even though I wasn't here to make friends I would like to think I could converse with some people without wanting to choke them out.

I made my way to the door that said class 1-D. As I walked inside I saw that there was currently only about seventy percent of the class inside. There were people currently talking to each other it seemed that some have already made small friend groups.

I made my way to my seat and sat down. It was located in the back corner near the window.

*sigh* Hopefully things get a lot better from now on. I thought as I looked out the window.

"What an unpleasant coincidence. "

I turned to my right to see the girl from the bus.

I must've burnt down an orphanage in my past life to get this kind of karma.

I unconsciously let out a heavy sigh and returned my gaze towards the window.

"Hey don't ignore me!"

I kept looking out the window and tuned out the rest of the class.

After a few more minutes the bell rang and the door immediately slid open. A woman proceeded to walk in if I had to guess, I would say she's in her thirties. She was rather beautiful at first glance. She wore a suit and had delicate features also long black hair that tied in a ponytail.

"Ahem, Good morning students, I'm the instructor for Class D my name is Chabashira Sae. I usually each Japanese history, However, at this school, we do not change classrooms for each grade, so I hope to get to know all of you. it's a pleasure to meet you. The entrance ceremony will be in the gymnasium an hour from now. I will distribute materials with information about this school's special rules. I will also hand out the admissions guide."

Once I received the documents are started reviewing the contents on the pages. This os different from the multitude of other Japanese High schools. For one students are required to live on campus in the dormitories provided by the school. On top of that contact made to anyone outside the school is forbidden. Naturally leaving the school's ground is also forbidden without special permission. That wasn't an issue though as the campus came equipped with excellent facilities karaoke spot, cafe, pool there was even a theater showing current movies. All these facilities made the campus span roughly 600,000 square meters.

This school also had something else that was different from others. The S system.

"I will now hand out student ID cards. With this card, you can buy anything from any of the shops and facilities around campus. It works like a credit card. However, be careful of how many points you use. There's nothing you can't buy at school. If there's something on school grounds, it's purchasable." 

It seems that this points system would be are my source of currency here. I wonder if it's possible to monopolize it.

"Student cards can be used by swiping them on the machines. Using the machines are really easy, so you won't have any trouble with them. The points will be automatically credited on the first day of the month. Everyone should already have 100,000 points on their card. Also, 1 point is worth 1 yen. Any more explanation is unnecessary."

The class immediately got loud. Apparently, they didn't think there was anything strange. There has to be a catch to this right?

"Were you guys surprised by the number of points given? This school measures the abilities of students. Everyone here, who passed the entrance exam, has shown some level of merit and worth. The amount of money is a reflection of your skills. Use without holding back. After graduation, however, all the points will be taken back. Since it's impossible to change these points into cash, there's no point in saving up the points. How the points are used are up to you. Use it on things you like or need. If you feel that no use for some of your points, you can always transfer them to someone else. However, bullying other people for points is prohibited. The school is very strict on matters concerning bullying."

There it is. We're being judged based on "merit". Looking around I can see a couple of cameras hidden in the classroom. I think it's safe to assume that they'll be monitoring our behavior and adjust our points depending on that. But is that really it. There had to be more. This is considered the greatest school in Japan with an unemployment rate of 100% the answer can't be as simple as taking away money when we act bad. I'm definitely missing key information.

"Does anyone have any questions?"

I raised my hand

"Sensei how many points we'll we be receiving next month?"

I could hear some of my classmates laughing and whispering to each other.

"Is this guy stupid."

"Was he asleep during the explanation."

"What an idiot."

*sigh* it seems as though I'm in a class full of morons.

I looked back up at Sensei but all she did was give a slight smirk.

"You must be Ayanokouji," she said

"Yes Sensei," I replied

"As expected."

"I see."

The entire class was dumbfounded by our interaction but that didn't matter. Her answer seemed to have confirmed my suspicion. But what I was more worried about was what Sensei meant by "as expected". Did she somehow know about me? If so then how?

Nevertheless, this school just got a lot more interesting hopefully it's enough to keep me busy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Words: 1404

Not sure if the pacing was good or not in this. I tried to fix it from how it was when I was originally writing because it was too fast.

I might change the beginning two paragraphs because I don't think it made Ayanakouji's goal/lifestyle clear enough.

His attitude is gonna change later on.

Koenji interactions got accidentally cut out because I was too lazy to write more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

570K 9K 125
You can clearly tell who my favorite drivers are....
665K 21.7K 80
Follow the story of Cathy Potter as she and the entire school of Hogwarts sees what their future has in store for them... Best Rankings: #3 - Lily Ev...
294K 7.2K 53
what will happen to ayasha (🐶) after their marriage contract with mikael (🦊) ended? Knowing that she's pregnant with the billionaire? This story a...
1.5M 26K 53
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...