Andante - R. Lupin

By halcyonedaysx

'Andante, Andante Oh, please don't let me down' In which Alcyone Estella-Nova Montague just wants to be loved... More

- CAST -
- Playlist -
- PRELUDE -
- 0.1
- 0.2
- 0.3
- 0.4
- 0.5
- ACT ONE -
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
- ACT TWO -
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
- ACT THREE -
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.
88
89
90.
91.
92.

56.

808 32 32
By halcyonedaysx

{.56. Falling like the stars}

Ever since Ally had read that passage in the book she had felt incredibly more reserved and she hadn't known why. She felt as if she was questioning her parentage and she didn't know why she was doing that either. How on earth could a group of seers know something so specific about her family? She didn't know and she didn't even want to know because the thoughts were sending her crazy.

Toby and Luke had noticed this because they had noticed that she wasn't excited about Valentine's Day. Not that many people usually were but they knew that she adored going to the astronomy tower so it was odd to see her so upset about things that they didn't know.

Toby had known that Ally had spent the day with regulus and at first, he had been concerned that he had said something to her but when she assured him that he hadn't he was really confused. It was heartbreaking to see his friend return to her shell, over the years all she had done was blossom and he loved seeing that happen but seeing her go back to the shy little girl was terrifying to him and he wished there were things he could do.

Ally was sat at the Hufflepuff table with Toby when the owls were dropped in. She had four letters and she smiled knowing that her brothers had given the usual letters that they did. Perseus did not write her one he had bought her a bunch of flowers to put in her room.

Toby caught her smile and felt relieved as he watched her open the letters.

To little flower,

Happy Valentine's Day sweetheart. I hope today is everything you wished for and more. I know you've not been yourself recently and that's okay, it's okay to grieve and feel every emotion that you do wholeheartedly, just don't shut yourself off sweetie. We're all here to listen to you, we're here and we want you to be okay.

You've always been the light in my life and the only girl I'll ever truly love. Recently, my first love died and I've never felt a loss like it especially as dad died shortly after but in a garden, the best flowers always get picked first.

I love you so so much Cece and I don't think I make sure you know that enough, I bloody love you. You're my best friend and I've loved your little sassy pants since you were first born, Thank you for giving me endless reasons to laugh and be thankful for having a sister.

I love you always and forever, from
Oberon xx

Dearest Cece,

Happy Valentine's Day love! I hope Remus showers you in gifts and treats you like you deserve to be treated on this very special day. I love you with my whole heart and want you to know how proud I am of you at the moment. You've gone through things no young woman should ever have to go through and I'll be endlessly proud of you forever. Thank you for being such a wonderful auntie to Gray, he loves you more than you'll ever truly know.

To auntie Cece, happy Valentine's Day. I love you so much. Thank you for giving me cuddles and kisses and making me laugh. Thank you for making me smile when I'm crying because you're so funny and nice and Thankyou for being my favourite auntie. I love you auntie Cece xxx

We love you always and forever,
Wolf and Graham xxx

Allycat,

You were born out of love and we've loved you since the day you were born. I've never known a love like it, I used to love when you and Caspian would include me in your plans when we were little it always made me feel seen and appreciated. Without you, I'd have gone down a terrible path. I know I would have, so Thankyou for being my friend and seeing me when I needed it the most.

As it's Valentine's Day I'm not going to address the content of your last letter but know that you are wanted and are loved endlessly by the members of this family. You are not an abomination of nature or whatever you said that you were. You're our family, we love you and you're our sister, no inaccurate book will ever make you feel otherwise. You're a Montague Cece, always and forever. 

I love you more than the moon always and forever
Your favourite Atlas xxxx

P.s. don't shut Remus out, he cares incredibly deeply about you.

Cece,

I've never written you one of these before but Happy Valentine's Day!! I miss you so much and sometimes I forget what it's like to not have you around, but being away for prolonged periods makes me realise I despise it.

I miss spending time with you. You used to do my absolute head in but I wouldn't want it any other way anymore. You make me make all my worst decisions and like dad used to say we should have been twins we were so troublesome.

I hope you'll come home for Easter and my Birthday. It'll be lovely if you did but don't worry, I understand that you don't like being home because of how lonely it feels.

I just miss you, Cece, I want you around no matter how selfish that sounds. I almost can't wait for you to finish Hogwarts so we can see each other in the evenings now.

I love you so much Ce, always and forever, keep yourself safe
Caspian xxxx

Ally smiled at the letters and Toby wrapped his arms around her tightly because he was glad she had a small smile on her face at the moment.

"I've had Valentine's Day cards too, all the students at Hogwarts love me," Toby teased

"Are you and Siri doing anything?" She asked

Toby shook his head, Sirius had asked Toby to do something but he never gave a plan and Toby liked things to be planned especially because it made them more official if they had a date on Valentine's Day. Toby was scared that Sirius would leave him.

He knew that was an unfair assumption because Toby had been seeing Sirius secretly for a few months now but he didn't want people to find out then have him heartbroken. He didn't know if he wanted to get heartbroken by Sirius Black.

Ally was confused at Toby's reaction because she was pretty sure that she heard Sirius say that he had something planned but she must have misheard because Toby looked upset about it. She squeezed his hand tightly and rest her head on his shoulder because she knew that Toby most definitely needed a hug like she did.

On the Ravenclaw table, Luke and Dorcas were conversing about a variety of things ranging from their potions homework to how awful Valentine's Day was. Luke loved to love, everybody knew that but he didn't have much luck with the girls.

"So Mr Hector, what are you doing tonight?" Dorcas asked twirling a strand of her curly hair,

Dorcas had such amazing hair, she had a tight head of black curls that framed her face perfectly. Luke liked them and thought they complimented her and when they fell in front of her eyes it brought attention to them and they too were the most beautiful shade of brown.

"Taking a pretty girl on a date if she says yes," Luke grinned — he thought he may as well have tried, the worst she could do is say no

"How does four o'clock in the kitchens work?" Dorcas grinned biting her lip

"That sounds perfect," he beamed

Toby shot Luke a thumbs up and he grinned back with a nod. The trio was always the most supportive of one another and they bloody loved each other.

Over on the Gryffindor table, Sirius was moping around because he had been rejected by Toby about their date tonight. It was frustrating because how could he prove to someone that he wanted to be with them when he wasn't given the chance?

"What's on your mind Padfoot?" Peter asked stroking a hand through Sirius' hair — Peter knew this helped him release tension as Sirius always held tension in his head which would result in tension headaches and aches.

"I want Toby to come out with me but he just will not give me the chance!" He fumed throwing his hands up in the air and in the process managed to knock a second year off their seat "I'm sorry darling, are you alright?" Sirius apologised and asked while helping the girl up from the floor, he ran a hand over her shoulder to ensure that she was alright and he didn't break anything in the process — this made her blush crimson and run in the opposite direction causing Sirius to laugh before he turned back to Peter

"Don't be upset about Toby, do you want me to talk to him to see if that will help?" Peter asked

"Would you wormy?"

"Yeah! Remus is setting the astronomy tower up for ally, James and Lily and doing Merlin knows what! I'm your friend pads sure I'll help you!" He enthused, Peter loved love and he wanted to see his friends as happy as humanly possible so he thought he'd enjoy doing this

"Wormy I love you so much," Sirius hugged the boy tightly "any lucky lady or gent for you today?" Sirius asked

"Yeah! I'm seeing the girl I've been on dates with again!" Peter articulated quickly "keep an eye on the map in thirty minutes!" He shouted back before running off to grab Toby saying that he needed him for a Herbology emergency.

Ally smiled as she watched all her friends runoff for their valentines plans. She was happy to see that Billy and Amara were sitting eating heart-shaped pancakes together laughing. It made her heart incredibly fuzzy and she hoped and wished that her parents were loving their first Valentine's reunited after seventeen years apart. It's what she wanted for them to have a happy afterlife.

"Alcyone, this was given to us to give to you," her roommate Loren said handing her a box

Ally looked at her confused but she accepted it anyway. She opened the box on her own and almost squealed when she saw a beautiful dress and a note in the box.

My dearest darling Cece,

Wear this and join me in the astronomy tower at 5 pm, only bring yourself and nothing more.

I'll see you later my darling girl xx

Loren looked down at her and nosed into the box with a big grin.

"Would you like Rebecca and me to do your hair? You've got beautiful hair but I think a little updo will look wonderful with that dress?" Loren asked

Ally nodded and followed Loren back to the Hufflepuff dorms with a skip in her step. She was sad that she had never really been friendly with Loren and Rebecca before then but it was a small step and she was extremely grateful that they were making steps towards friendship now. Even if it was only helping each other with their hair for their valentines dates but ally was happy.

***

Peter had been on a mission, he hadn't told Toby anything about what he was doing and Toby was much more curious than he needed to be. Toby didn't have any idea how a herbology issue could provoke such a reaction from Peter.

Sirius was in greenhouse three pacing back and forth, he knew that this was the greenhouse Peter often came to and he was desperate for Toby to give him a chance this afternoon. He cared for him and Sirius knew that he had been a player before and he used people and messed them around but he liked Toby. Sirius knew Toby liked him too but he could understand the hesitation.

Sirius was a pureblood, ok he had been disowned and didn't care but Sirius knew that Mr Smith had been a pureblood too and he had married a Muggle which caused Toby to be a half-blood. This caused stigma and outcast Toby's father but Toby's father would never have changed his life because he loved Toby wholeheartedly and there was nothing that could be ever done to change that.

But Toby didn't know if he wanted to be involved with a pureblood, it was scary and he knew that there were a lot of risks involved. It was different for Ally, he had loved her since she was eleven years old and would wear bows in her hair that matched the earrings she'd wear. He'd always loved Alcyone Estella-Nova Montague but Sirius Orion Black was different and that made Toby confused.

"Peter where are we going mate?" Toby asked for what felt like the millionth time

"I said there's an emergency Tobes for Merlin's sake!" Peter fumed

Toby decided to stay quiet after that, especially when he pulled Toby into greenhouse three and locked the door behind him.

"Why won't you give Pads a chance?" He quizzed

"It's not that I won't give him a chance Pete!" Toby answered, "I just don't want to be messed around!"

"We'll Padfoot won't do that to you!"

"How many times has he messed people around before? I don't want to be another person on that list!"

"You think I'd do that to you?" Sirius interjected

He had hidden when he saw the duo come into the greenhouse and decided to have a listen to the conversation but he didn't like what he was hearing. He never wanted Toby to think of him like that ever.

Toby whipped around and frowned when he saw Sirius standing there with a sunken face. He had never wanted Sirius to think that he would think so lowly of him but Toby was just insecure and slightly scared about it.

"Pa—"

"It's Sirius, my name is Sirius, Tobes. I thought you'd know me better than that by now," he whispered

"I do Sirius, it's my insecurities. I'm scared that you'll find something better and not want to pursue this with me any longer," Toby explained

Sirius frowned and took a few steps closer to Toby reaching out for his hand so that he knew that he was being sincere

"Tobias.." Sirius smirked causing Toby to roll his eyes "I've never been this serious—"

"I mean you are Sirius," Toby interjected

"Shush I'm trying to be romantic!" Sirius huffed "I've never felt like this about anyone in my entire eighteen years. Let me take you on a date mon amour," Sirius asked bringing his hand to run it through Toby's hair

"Will there be chocolate biscuits?" Toby asked as he leant into Sirius' embraced — Toby had spent so much time with Ally over the years he had begun to adore chocolate biscuits more than ever

"Only the finest for you," Sirius smirked

The two looked into each other's eyes and both leaned in, pressing their lips together in a soft kiss. Sirius pushed Toby back into the desk when they heard a squeal of disgust.

"You guys this is like watching my parents!" Peter squeaked "get a room!" He fumed

The two boys blushed but laughed at Peters reaction as he hugged them both tightly before leaving the greenhouse. The two boys stayed in each other's embrace before laughing. Toby cupped Sirius's face in his hands and pressed a kiss to his nose softly.

"I'm sorry you heard me say that Pads, it was just me and my insecurities," he explained

"I know, I don't blame you but I'm in this for real ok? I'm all yours," Sirius whispered nuzzling his nose against Toby's before pressing a kiss to the corner of his lip

"All yours," Sirius continued before pressing kisses all down Toby's cheeks, neck and body

"All mine," Toby breathed before being pushed back onto a table

***

Loren was using a Muggle curling wand to curl the bottom of Ally's hair and Rebecca was finishing her makeup off. Remus had picked out the most beautiful dress and she was almost certain he must have asked her brothers or Toby and Luke for help.  They knew her style better than she did herself.

She watched as Rebecca smiled finishing her makeup off and give an excited clap and felt Loren tap her shoulders excitedly to spin and look in the mirror. Ally couldn't believe that she was looking at herself in the mirror, she felt so beautiful and she couldn't have thanked Loren and Rebecca more than she could.

"You look beautiful Alcyone," Rebecca beamed

"Shall we walk with you to the astronomy tower?" Loren asked

"Would you girls mind? I'm so nervous because he's given me such a beautiful dress," ally whispered

The two girls linked arms with her on either side and walked with her to the astronomy tower. On their way, they walked past luke and Dorcas who were engrossed in conversation and ally gave a wide smile at her friend. She was happy that Luke was going out on a date, she had felt guilty about going on a date with Remus if Luke would be on his own but she was excited for him now that he was going with Dorcas somewhere.

They arrived at the bottom of the astronomy tower and the two girls let go of Ally and smiled excitedly.

"Go get your man girl!" Rebecca teased

"I do look ok don't I?" She asked

"You look bloody gorgeous Alcyone," Loren smiled

"Will you two be ok?" She asked

"Of course! We're going on a date and then, well just maybe knock before you come in tonight," Rebecca grinned

Ally looked at them confused before she realised that the girls meant they were together. Ally smiled widely at her roommates and hugged them both tightly telling them to enjoy their night as best as they could. The girls left her for Ally to go up to where Remus would be.

The last time she was in the astronomy tower on Valentine's Day it was the whole Benedict fiasco and she was almost thankful that Remus was going to such lengths to make this one a lot better for her.

She reached the spot where she and Remus usually sat and smiled when she saw rose petals, a few candles and blankets set out for them with chocolate biscuits and cake on some plates. She looked forward to seeing Remus sitting out at the stars in a shirt and jeans and she felt her heart physically warm at how much of an effort he had made for them. She walked forward and sat down next to him placing a hand on his back causing him to jump slightly.

"You look beautiful Cece," Remus smiled softly kissing her cheek

"Thanks, Rem," she smiled looking out at the stars "you look incredibly handsome yourself,"

"Biscuit?" He asked

Ally smiled and grabbed one from the plate, she looked up at the stars and felt a sense of peace. She looked up at the Arcturus star and felt herself get emotional as she thought about her dad. She used to love Valentine's Day when she was growing up, her dad used to make her and Caspian heart-shaped toast when they were around three or four years old. He'd always remind them how much he loved them before he'd disappear for hours on end for business meetings or whatever.

Ally longed to be four years old again. She'd appreciate every moment possible with her father and try to improve their relationship immediately. She didn't want her life to be full of regret but she couldn't help but be regretful after the passing of her dad.

"That ones your dad right?" Remus asked pointing out to a star, Ally smiled with a nod because she felt incredibly touched that Remus had taken the time to know which star was her dad

"Yeah that's dad, bet he's cursing you for bringing me up here tonight. With all the romance and the vibes, I'm pretty sure he told me that Oberon was conceived on Valentine's Day," she said with a shudder causing Remus to laugh

"That's probably why the man loves romance so much," Remus chuckled

"Oberon always says If you find someone you love in your life then hang on to that love he reckons that there's nothing more important than having people you love in your life," she explained

Remus looked up at the girl that he loved and saw how the moonlight shone down on her, making her appear almost angelic. He always knew that Alcyone Montague was beautiful in the first place but he had never appreciated the moon as he had at this moment. It made his heart swell with how beautiful she was and he genuinely couldn't believe that he was lucky to be her boyfriend.

"Love is the whole thing and we only piece my darling," Remus whispered bringing Ally's hand up to his lips so he could kiss her hand

"That's why you have to hold onto it," she smiled before she pressed her lips against his in a bold move

For some reason, ally felt overwhelmed with love today. Even though she and Remus were just sat looking out at the stars it was her favourite thing to do, and she felt that Remus truly took the time to plan something he knew she would enjoy.

"What was this for?" Remus asked pulling away from her

"I'm just lucky to have you that's all," she explained "I valued your friendship so much that I wanted to be in denial about the feelings I had for you," she said

"I'm offended Alcyone." Remus teased "although secretly I always knew you were in love with me," he chuckled

"Oi! I was never always in love with you! I'd fancied you but I was never always in love with you!" She joked tickling his sides causing him to laugh

When she stopped Remus took the opportunity to tickle her and push her back so that he was able to straddle her waist so that she couldn't move while he continued to tickle her. He held both her arms up with one arm and then tickled under her with his other hand. Ally was cackling because she was laughing so hard and it was a nice atmosphere as they both sounded completely carefree.

"Stop!" Ally shouted between her cackles and Remus held his hand by his side chuckling as he stopped

"Will you start to behave if I let you go?" He asked

"Urm...no?" Ally hesitated

"Then I won't either," he teased

Ally started laughing loudly again as Remus tickled her sides and she actually couldn't believe how fun this was to just act like teenagers properly. Ally managed to move so she could flip Remus around so that she was on top of him. Sadly ally wasn't much stronger than Remus so he managed to sit up but Ally continued to straddle his waist.

He brought one arm around her waist, then the other arm up to support her back. They both took a moment to gaze into each other's eyes and smile softly. Ally couldn't get over how handsome Remus was, the scars that littered his face were beautiful and even though they came to him in the most horrible circumstances she would never change them about him. They made him who he was and she thought he was beautiful.

"I'm so in love with you Remus John Lupin," she whispered

"And I love you wholeheartedly Alcyone Estella-Nova Montague," he mumbled

The two pressed their lips together once more, Remus went to move to press a kiss to her neck when he saw a shower of shooting stars.

"What's just—" ally turned around to look at what Remus was entranced in and she grinned "quick you need to make a wish," she smiled

Ally shut her eyes and thought about the wish she was about to make carefully and thought with all her might do that it would come true. Remus did the same but he didn't think of it too in-depth, he wished that he and all his friends would stay together as he couldn't bear the thought of being without them. Ally wished that she could be happy and so would all her friends because there's nothing she wanted more than that.

The two of them looked at each other once they finished making their wishes and smiled softly before they continued to relish being in each other's company and enjoying every embrace that they shared on Valentine's Day 1978.

***

Unedited

Lots of fluff and hope you like this chapter xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 45.1K 78
In a universe where Voldemort never became powerful enough to terrify people for decades after the first Wizarding War, Peter didn't betray his frien...
464K 16.2K 29
. ❝ PLEASE S T A Y , I DON'T WANT YOU TO LEAVE. ❞ ❝ I'M AFRAID I ...
13.4K 422 21
❝ SAY MY NAME AND EVERYTHING JUST STOPS, I DON'T WANT YOU LIKE A BESTFRIEND ❞ ─── β˜… ─── IN WHICH Remus Lupin struggles with fa...
753K 21.7K 33
For the first time in his life, Remus J. Lupin can't seem to get into a good book. Why? Because everytime his eyes go down to the pages, he finds him...