Redamancy | BTS

By strawberheecake

Redamancy (n.) - a love returned in full. A hybrid BTS x reader AU. Started: April 19, 2021 Completed: Janu... More

0 - Prologue
1 - The Will
2 - Questions
3 - First Impressions
4 - Intentions
5 - The Revelation
6 - Hidden Messages
7 - Bentos & Blueprints
8 - Misunderstanding
9 - Tickles & Cub Bites
10 - Pack Representatives
12 - Dessert
13 - Cub vs. Bear
14 - Surprise
15 - Forever Cub
16 - Sunshine
17 - Connections
18 - Kitchen Appliance Nightmare
19 - Trust
20 - Intern Kim
21 - Red
22 - Binnie, Junie, & Beomie
23 - Heartbeats & Cuddles
24 - Headlines
25 - Housewarming Gift
26 - Hot off the Press
27 - Chance Encounter
28 - Written in the Stars
29 - POV
30 - Family
31 - Boss Woman
32 - Officially Mine
33 - Dirty Little Secrets
34 - Attention, Please!
35 - Chocolate Cake
36 - Cub Wrangling
37 - New Routines
38 - Take Your Pick
39 - New Beginnings
40 - Redamancy
BTS Imagine Post
French Translation
Russian Translation
Sequel Short Stories

11 - New Rules

23.3K 1K 434
By strawberheecake

"It won't come off," Jimin whines in frustration as you and Yoongi calmly unbuckle your seatbelts. When you turn around, the fox hybrid is tugging angrily at his seatbelt while glaring daggers at the said object.

"Jimin, stop tugging before you damage Y/N's car," the older male sighs. When he turns around to glance at his younger pack mate, a soft snort escapes from him, causing Jimin to snap his gaze up at the two of you.

"Do you need me to help you again?" you ask with one hand unconsciously reaching for your door handle, ready to get out and help him.

The fox hybrid immediately stills at your question and his cheeks start to flush a dull shade of red. Memories of when he first got into your car flash left and right in his mind and Jimin honestly wishes the car seat would just open up and swallow him whole right now.

It's safe to say none of the pack members have ridden in a car before today. So when Yoongi and Jimin first got into your vehicle, the two were unaware of the importance of wearing their seatbelts. When you had pointed out the strap designated for their individual seats, Yoongi had glanced at you curiously from where he was sitting shotgun. He then mimicked your actions of pulling the belt across his body and clicking it into the buckle.

Jimin, however, with him sitting in the back seat, was unable to mimic your actions. It's not like he was looking at you anyway. The moment you had pointed out the seatbelt, the fox hybrid's attention immediately shifted to the suspendable belt and tugged at it to test it out. He then spent the next minute trying to get the strap situated across him correctly. But to no avail, nothing he tried seemed to feel right.

When you and Yoongi heard his frustrated sighs grow louder and louder, the two of you turned around curiously to see what was going on. The older hybrid immediately burst out laughing and tried to explain, in between hiccups, how to properly wear the seatbelt. Yet, when the snow leopard's explanation seemed to help Jimin little to none, you decided to exit the car, walk around to Jimin's seat, and put the seatbelt on for him.

To say he was flustered would be an understatement. With your sudden proximity to him, the fox hybrid didn't know what to do with himself. So the moment he heard the telltale click from his buckle, his hands went on auto-drive and shoved you, somewhat gently, back out of the car.

"Thank you," he had mumbled stiffly before slamming your car door shut.

"No, I will not be needing any assistance again," Jimin shakes his head in horror before gulping nervously.

"Okay, I won't go to physically help you," you chuckle. "But try pressing the red button instead of tugging the belt. It'll automatically release the buckle."

The older male does as you said and sure enough, he's released from the seatbelt the moment he hears a resonant 'click'.

"Why do you even need these anyway?" Jimin asks in feigned annoyance, but you can tell he's just trying to cover up the embarrassment he's currently feeling.

"It's supposed to help minimize the injuries you might sustain if you were to get into a car accident," you answer. "When a car's driving at a certain speed, and if it hits something, the car and everything in it will continue moving at the speed it was traveling at until some other force physically stops it. Without these seatbelts, if we were to get into an accident, we'd probably fly right out of the window due to the sheer speed and force of the vehicle."

"A tiny belt stops you from flying out the window?" Jimin asks skeptically.

"Tug on it really quickly and really hard," you propose while nodding your chin towards his seatbelt. "But not too hard!" you add as a quick afterthought when you remember Yoongi's prior warning.

He does as you say and his eyes widen considerably when the belt locks and prevents him from tugging down any further.

"See how it locked? If worn correctly, it does exactly the same thing in an accident."

"Oh," Jimin nods in amazement. You can't help but giggle at his adorable reaction. You also can't help but feel a sense of tingling pride when you realize this is probably the longest conversation you've had with the fox hybrid since you've met him.

It's evident your offer for him to join you and Yoongi softened his perception of you. The entire way to Soobin's office, you had taken glances through your rearview mirror of Jimin listening contently to your conversation with his older packmate while enjoying his first car ride. For the entirety of the ride, the fox hybrid was either looking out the window with a gentle smile resting on his lips or he was glancing around curiously at the interior of your car, all the while his ears moved every now and then when either you or Yoongi said something that interested him.

"As fascinating as it would be to sit here and learn about cars and their safety features, don't we have some dude to meet?" Yoongi asks suddenly.

"Oh yes," you giggle shyly. "C'mon. He should be in his office right now."

As you exit the vehicle, the two hybrids follow behind you silently. Jimin tugs nervously on the bucket hat you had provided him, grateful that you had offered it to them in the first place.

When you left your apartment earlier this morning, you had a gut feeling they might not be too comfortable with the idea of walking around with their ears and tails on display. So when it was decided that Yoongi and Jimin would join you on your trip, you had pulled out the various hats you brought and told them it was there if they wanted it.

"So is this entire building his office?" Yoongi asks in amazement as the three of you step into the elevator.

"Not all of it," you shake your head, pressing the correct floor number. "His company uses the top five floors. The other ten floors are occupied by two other companies, completely unrelated to each other."

"Top floors? They must be doing financially well," the leopard muses.

"They are a law firm after all," you nod with a small chuckle.

Yoongi and Jimin's ears simultaneously flicker the moment the elevator comes to a complete stop and the doors slide open to reveal the cityscape outside the glass windows across the elevators.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" you chuckle when the two hybrids follow behind you with their eyes glued to the scenic view. "The city skyline is something I'll never get sick of seeing - especially when all the lights turn on during the nighttime." 

"So this is the cityscape I've always heard about," Jimin mumbles in awe to himself.

"Oh, I see some unfamiliar faces," a new voice speaks, snapping Yoongi and Jimin's attention back to you. 

When the older hybrid notices a tall male standing a few feet away peering at him and Jimin curiously, he doesn't hesitate to step slightly in front of his younger packmate - almost shielding him from the stranger's view. The leopard swiftly pulls Jimin closer to himself with a quick tug and then he proceeds to position the both of them until they're standing closer to you. 

Yoongi's body is honestly moving on its own accord, but it's evident the snow leopard feels more at ease when he's standing closer to you in this unfamiliar setting. The forest might be his domain and he surely has no problem taking the offense there, but in this new environment, he quite frankly feels like a lost cub. Jimin too feels the same type of nerves as he hasn't let go of the elder's shirt since Yoongi tugged him closer. 

"Hi, Soobin," you greet with a polite smile. "I hope you don't mind that I brought a couple of guests along."

"I don't mind at all," the young lawyer smiles back. "C'mon, why don't we continue our conversation more comfortably in the company's cafeteria."

"Thanks again for meeting us during your lunch break," you add gratefully as the three of you follow the tall male down the corridor, walking closer and closer to a place that smells strongly of delicious aromas. "I know you could probably be using this time to relax instead."

"Nonsense," Soobin waves you off. "It's my pleasure. I actually really want to help you with everything that's going on with your case. You and your grandfather are such great people and given your current familial situation, it's really unfair that you're going through this all alone. Plus, I don't consider today's meeting as work."

"Oh, really?" you muse in surprise.

"I'm treating it as lunch with a friend," he adds with a small playful wink. "And now some new friends too."

You laugh softly at his comment and playful gesture but Yoongi can't help but quirk an eyebrow when he catches the wink with his own eyes.

"Here we are," Soobin announces when the corridor opens up to reveal a spacious cafeteria. The entire building, with it being located in the heart of the financial district downtown, is newly renovated so the interior design of the firm's cafeteria is similar to that of an overpriced restaurant.

"You eat lunch here every day?" Yoongi asks in awe as he takes in the bustling commotion of cafeteria workers serving hungry employees and fellow coworkers conversing with each other as they enjoy their lunches together.

"Most days," Soobin nods in confirmation.

"For free?" Jimin asks as a follow-up.

"Yes, actually," the lawyer nods again. "I know a lot of companies actually deduct meal costs out of their employees' paychecks or just require their employees to pay out-of-pocket, but our firm gives us the perk of daily complimentary meals."

"I think they're well-deserved meals given how hard each of you work. I was immensely impressed when I did some research on you and the firm before meeting with you for the first time," you state matter-of-factly.

"Ah, thank you," Soobin murmurs bashfully with his lips unconsciously forming a cute pout. "So, what would you guys like to eat?"

"We can get free meals too?" Yoongi asks hopefully.

"Well, not exactly. I only have one complimentary lunch every day. But I'm more than willing to pay for your meals. Consider it my treat since you're technically my guests," the lawyer explains as the four of you make your way towards the employee taking everyone's orders.

"Don't worry about us, Soobin," you interject. "I'll cover our meals."

"I can't make you do that when you drove all this way to meet me here," the lawyer protests.

"And I can't make you pay when you're literally giving us your time on your lunch break," you refute with a firm shake of your head.

Yoongi and Jimin watch the two of you bicker between who will cover the bill in confusion. Their heads constantly move side to side as they follow the speaker of the conversation to a point where Jimin swears he's beginning to feel a little dizzy.

"Next," the server calls, seizing the heated argument, albeit extremely kind and borderline playful, coming from you and Soobin.

"Hi," the lawyer smiles politely.

"Hi," she smiles back. "What can I get for you and your guests today?"

"Can we get four daily specials, please?"

"Of course," the server nods as she punches the order into the system. "Alright, then with your daily coverage, your remaining total will be-"

"-Here, I've got it covered," you announce abruptly while shoving your credit card towards the employee before Soobin even has a chance to pull out his wallet.

The server is slightly startled by your sudden action, but smiles at you and accepts your credit card for the payment. From beside you, you hear Soobin gasp softly while a silent chuckle escapes past Yoongi's lips.

"I'm repaying you next time," Soobin frowns.

"There's nothing to repay when your meal is excluded from the cost I'm paying," you muse with a smug expression.

"Okay, here's your card and your receipt. Your meals will be ready shortly," the server says as she hands you the items.

"Thank you," you thank her before the four of you make your way to find an empty table near the natural sunlight flooding in through the floor-to-ceiling windows.

"I'll still find a way to repay you," the older male states firmly, almost like he's assuring himself of the matter.

"And I'll just find another way to make sure it doesn't matter," you shrug with a teasing smile.

"So," Yoongi interjects suddenly. You jump slightly in your seat when you momentarily forget that the two pack mates are sitting across from you.

"My apologies! I don't think I formally introduced myself," Soobin chuckles sheepishly while sitting up a little taller in his seat. "I'm Choi Soobin and I was Han Hyunki's lawyer. Now, I'm working closely with Y/N to help her find her way with everything that she has inherited."

"It's nice to meet you, Soobin. I'm Min Yoongi," Yoongi nods curtly. You instantly notice the deeper tone the snow leopard hybrid is using while addressing the lawyer and you can't help but wonder if it's because he's on high alert. Or perhaps he's just putting on a certain persona since he's meeting Soobin for the first time. 

After Yoongi's short introduction, everyone glances at Jimin waiting for his own introduction. However, when the fox hybrid does nothing but stare blankly at Soobin. You clear your throat softly while shifting around in your seat awkwardly, silently hoping Jimin's first interaction with the lawyer won't turn out like your first interaction with him. 

"And that's, Jimin," you substitute softly when Jimin still makes no attempt of introducing himself.

"Yoongi and Jimin," Soobin tests the names out. "Why do those names sound familiar?"

"Ah, that's because they're two out of seven of the pack members," you perk up in attention, surprised that the lawyer was familiar with their names despite you only mentioning it once or twice over phone calls.

"Oh, the pack!" Soobin instantly lights up like a Christmas tree when it dawns on him. He had his suspicions when he first saw you and noticed your guests wearing large bucket hats, but he also didn't want to jump too quickly to conclusions. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you! I've heard so many things about you and your pack members from Mr. Han and also from Y/N."

"Things? What kind of things?" Jimin asks as he straightens quickly in his seat.

"They're all good things, don't worry," Soobin chuckles. "Like how you, Jimin, are always looking out for the pack's best interest. Even if that means nitpicking at this girl's words because she got ahead of herself and forgot to explain all of the details that would ensure the safety of your pack."

"You told him that?" Yoongi asks you with a hum of amusement. For a second, you're scared you had overshared your private conversations with the pack. However, one glance at the older hybrid's face tells you that he's more so surprised rather than angry.

"I usually keep Soobin up to date on the topics concerning what was written into my grandfather's will and also this project he had going on for you guys," you nod. "But anything beyond that I don't share."

"I have to say, sweetheart," the snow leopard drawls out in a new tone that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand in anticipation. "Your patience with Jiminie surprises me more and more every day."

"What is that supposed to mean?" the fox hybrid gasps in distaste.

"I'm saying that most people probably would have painted your interactions with Y/N in a different light and made you seem like a vicious hybrid, Jimin-ah," Yoongi explains. "But even behind our backs, Y/N is willing to admit that she jumped the gun which caused you to worry that pretty head of yours for nothing."

"I- oh," the younger hybrid stutters.

"Number 125, your order is ready!" A sudden voice interrupts the conversation that has suddenly dwindled down to a comfortable silence. When Soobin stands up from the table, you, Yoongi, and Jimin all turn to glance at him curiously.

"That's us," the tall lawyer states with a small smile that accentuates his deep round dimples.

"How do you know? I don't think they gave us a number?" you ask in confusion, but get up and follow behind the lawyer nonetheless.

"Ah, these numbers are assigned to us. 125 is my number because I'm from the 12th department and I guess I'm the 5th employee on the roster within that department," Soobin explains, causing the three of you to nod your heads in understanding.

As the four of you approach the counter where your freshly cooked meals are waiting for you, Yoongi slows down his pace ever-so-slightly until he's walking right next to you.

"Is everything alright?" you ask when you notice the preoccupied expression resting on his face.

"I'm curious. Why did you and Soobin fight over who was paying for the meals? Don't people usually like getting free meals?" the feline hybrid asks. You can't help but let out a soft chuckle at his adorable question. It's during a moment like that where you're reminded of how different your lifestyles have been.

"Yes, deep down we all enjoy receiving things for free," you nod to answer Yoongi's latter question. "However, it's kind of a social norm to fight for the bill. It's a silent gesture that shows that the person paying is honored to be treating others to a meal."

"Oh, I get it," Yoongi nods once in understanding. "But that still seems so tedious."

"It can be if you're only doing it to be polite but you don't enjoy spending time with your guests - for example, sometimes it's a bit tedious when I'm treating higher-ups to a meal at work," you nod in agreement. "But you also feel good about yourself afterward."

"I don't know," the older male muses. "I feel best about myself when I get free meals."

You burst into a fit of giggles at the sight of the playful grin resting on his lips. Usually, when you're with all of the pack, the second-eldest hybrid has a rather stoic persona. This is not to say that he never smiles or jokes around with the pack. But rather, he's always ready to put on a more serious mask when need be. So to see this playful side of Yoongi makes you wish you can capture this moment and play it on repeat forever.

"I know, Yoongi," you giggle. "We all do." 

♡ ♡ ♡

Happy Monday, my beautiful Dalgis! How'd you like this week's update? Did you catch the hidden TXT references I included in this chapter? (Hint: the chapter's title and Soobin's employee number.) 

Question of the Week: if you had the chance to meet any idol out of the groups you stan, but you could only meet one person, who would you want to meet? 
Honestly, I'm having a tough time answering my own question
😂 I'm stuck between choosing out of all the members of BTS and Enhypen since they're the two groups I'm most into these days. There are so many things that I would want to say to all of them but I'm also scared I'll choke up because I'll be so intimidated knowing that I'm meeting the people I look up to most. At the end of the day, I'd definitely choose someone from BTS since they're my ult group and also the group that really got me into K-pop. And honestly, as much as I'd want to meet Jungkook since he's my bias, I actually think I'd really like to meet Namjoon. I think it would be so fun to have a conversation with Namjoon about anything and everything. I'm really curious as to how deep and philosophical his thoughts get because we always hear/see the members (especially Jimin) reminding the leader not to think too deeply about something simple. I fully believe a philosophical discussion with Namjoon would be extremely impactful.

As always, I love you all so, so much. I hope you have a great week!!

Until next Monday,
Dalgi Jungoo
🍓

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.9K 747 26
Yoonmin Namjin Taekook Hopejun Mpreg #2 blstory September 8 2021 #5 blstory December 18 2021
1.1M 52.6K 52
Kalokagathia (n.) - the good and beautiful in a person. A bunny hybrid Jungkook x reader AU. Book 1 of the Kalokagathia Universe series. Started: Jun...
120K 3.3K 33
boy×boy mpreg #1 taekook 26 June 2021 #1 taekook 26 November 2021 #4 fanfiction 26 November 2021
57.7K 3K 44
67 days. It has been 67 days since the others arrived.. Cover credit to @jjkilytoo