I Wish We'd Never Met Again

By ankitawrites_Xx

{Book 1 in The Never series} "Marry me.", he commanded. "What?", I shrieked in disbelief looking into his eye... More

Aesthetics
I Wish We'd Never Met Again
Chapter 1-Starry or Stormy
Chapter 2- Don't wake the Devil
Chapter 3- The Orphanage
Chapter 4- The Disguise
Chapter 5- The Contract!
Chapter 6- Is he Mr. India?
Chapter 7- My Life is no less than a fairytale- Note the Sarcasm
Chapter 8- Haye such a gentleman!
Chapter 9- Women aren't weak!!
Chapter 10- The Creepy Stalker
Chapter 11- One person & numerable faces.
Chapter 12- Dear Diary
Chapter 13- You're delusional!
Chapter 14- I Don't Want Her To Die
Chapter 15- Shocks, Stalker and Suffering
Chapter 16- The Past & The Nightmare.
Chapter 17- His laugh
Chapter 18- It will never be Okay
Chapter 19- I Believe You
Chapter 20- Revelations, Truth and a Command.
Chapter 21- Khanna Vs Dwayne
Chapter 22- I can't risk anything involving you
Chapter 23- His Gorgeous Smile
Chapter 24- The Block-of-Ice's Heart
Chapter 25- That Arrogant Son of a Bachelor
Chapter 26- Friends Reunion and a Paper slip.
Chapter 27- My Personal Haven
Chapter 29-Mr Khanna and Mr Senior Khanna
Chapter 30- You're an Exception.
Chapter 31- As the vision, So the world.
Chapter 32- Someone turn the air conditioners on
Chapter 33- Who am I to you?
Chapter 34- My Little Tigress
Chapter 35- I do not belong to any-darn-one.
Chapter 36- One-shot!
Chapter 37- He looked C-O-N-T-E-N-T
Chapter 38- Intox-Intoxy?!
Chapter 39- Peanut butter for his Jelly
Chapter 40- Liza is dangerous!
Chapter 41- The Tragic End-I
Chapter 42- The Tragic End-II
Author's Note & Sequel
The sequel is Published!

Chapter 28- I'm here to listen

1.4K 172 165
By ankitawrites_Xx

"Aww, they look so cute together.", I heard a voice say.

"Shut up smarty pants you'll wake them.", another said.

"Ow...Geez okay."

Squinting my eyes I witnessed Mr Khanna's little gang staring at me with admiration.

Admiration?

What in world...I was just about to get up when I felt tons of weight upon me.

'Stop exaggeration Avni.'

I looked at my side only to be shocked to death, Mr Khanna was sleeping beside me, his face inches close and his arm draped around me as if it hadn't his arm I would have vanished in thin air.

And then realization dawned upon me and with it came embarrassment. My cheeks heated to crimson red, these guys had been watching us for who knows how long.

"Mr Khannna, get up.", I hissed to him and blast him, in reply he buried his face in my hair.

All of them awwed which made me grimace but thank stars, due to this noise Mr Khanna's eyes finally opened.

He looked at me and blinked his eyes repeatedly.

"Ms Mehta you?"

"Good morning to you too.", I sassed.

"Definitely it's you.", he answered, still in a daze.

"O, hello lovebirds, an audience here.", Reece waved at us. "Get up, now will you?"

If possible my cheeks burned more, blast this normal human tendency to blush.

"Mr Khanna let me go.", I whispered to him. He narrowed his gaze and I rolled my eyes.

"Neil, let her go man.", Reece piped in coming to my side giving his hand for me to take but before I could say anything Mr Khanna slapped his hand away"Hands to yourself, Denver."

"Possessive much!", Liza and Ivan said simultaneously.

"Everyone out.", he ignored their comment and glared at them. I found this correct opportunity to escape his tentacles but just I was on my feet getting ready to follow the three out of his room, Mr Khanna pulled me back and I fell face-first on his chest.

"Oww.. Iron-Man.", I mumbled rubbing my nose. Mr Khanna brought his hand under my chin and raised my face which was gracefully adorned with my hair. 

'Yeah?'

'No.'

'That was sarcasm.'

Mr Khanna tucked the few hair strands that were coming in my view behind my ear and again a red hue covered my cheeks.

"I didn't say you to go out.", he emphasised the word 'you'.

"But you said everyone and everyone means every-one, that is each person.. each and every person, you should have told everyone except Avni, how do I know I'm not included in everyone, for me everyone's definition is mmphm", A hand clamped on my mouth stopping me in between, Mr Khanna's hand to be exact. I shook my head in order to remove it because this man here had perfectly held my hands behind my back.

His eyes were again glinting with the same unknown emotion which I still have to decipher.

'It was better when he used to be emotionless.', conscience scoffed in annoyance.

"You know Miss Mehta, I'd love to listen to more on your definition of everyone but right now I have got a more important question."

I raised my eyebrows in question,"mmh?"

"Yeah, right.", he removed his hand awkwardly and I took a deep breath.

"Who in their right mind interrupts someone like this.", I complained, anger lacing my voice.

"Miss Mehta stop talking unless you want me to shut you again.", he pulled me closer with my arm."And trust me you won't like my ways."

'What?'

"What?"

He kept his forehead against mine making my breath hitch," You are too innocent for your own good Ms Mehta."

"Mr Khanna I'm not understanding even a tiny bit of what you're saying."

"What I'm saying is stop talking otherwise this time it'll be my lips that will shut you up."

'And here I thought I was blunt.'

Heat crawled my neck, ears and cheeks. What in the world is he saying?

'Is he high or what?'

"Mr Khanna, are you listening to what you're saying?"

"What did I say?", he asked coolly. After making my cheeks burn with embarrassment and shyness how can he be cool? Arrogant son of a biscuit!

"You...You said that...", I trailed off finding decent words to accuse him.

"I said what Miss Mehta, do enlighten me.", he smirked, he flippin' smirked, this arrogant son of a bachelor!

"You said you will kiss me to shut me up next time.", I let out confidently but cursed myself next time when Mr Khanna looked at me, amusement dancing in his eyes.

"Miss Mehta, I'll book an appointment for you with an otolaryngologist I didn't say such a thing.", he lied through his teeth. How dare he?

"You did.", I retorted.

"I did not.", he fired back.

"Did too."

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Did too."

"Did not.", I said but instantly bit my tongue cursing the man in front of me for the umpteenth time today.

'Stupid! You fell in his trap.'

'Gee Thanks for the information, I thought I won.'

'Dear God, why did you make me this dumbo's conscience?'

'Technically you're also stupid if I'm stupid.'

'Are not.'

'Are too.'

'Are not.'

'I'm not playing this idiotic game again.'

I brought my attention back to Mr Khanna who was silently studying me as if I was a book.

'What did I tell you last time, he's studying you like you are an alien brought in a science lab for examination.'

'I feel so special right now.'

'Don't mention that.'

'That was sarcasm stupi..' before I could fire back Mr Khanna interrupted me again, you see that he has been interrupting me a lot nowadays.

"Miss Mehta.", he brought his calloused thumbs to either side of my jaw and stroked my face gently."Do you want to talk about your nightmare?", he asked almost softly.

"I-I don't know.", I answered genuinely. I don't think if I'm ready to reveal the darkest sides of my life, my pathetic self, my weaknesses and my screwed childhood.

"It's okay, just know I'm here to listen."

Warmth flooded my heart. All these weeks, I didn't have anyone to listen and never in the whole time had I thought Mr Khanna would say something like this.

"Thank you, Mr Khanna.", I smiled at him and he gave me a curt nod.

"O lovebirds! Out of the room within 5." From somewhere I heard Ivan yelling.

"Let's go.", he freed me and held out his hand for me to take, initially I was hesitant but eventually I took it.

"Mr Khanna sir, we found the person who placed the note in Ma'am's bracelet.", James said as soon as we moved out of the room.

"Take him to the basement and drain all information out of him.", Mr Khanna commanded in his icy cool voice.

James bowed down and went away.

Ivan and Reece smiled at me and I returned it, the look of empathy they were giving me made it clear they knew about the whole situation.

"Neil, according to the records, Vidyut is not in the country, he left just after your conference.", Liza reported.

"It's not possible Liza, he's in this city itself."

"I know Neil and trust me we are finding him but for the media, police and everyone outside this house, Vidyut is out of the country. It's like he has a freaking doppelgänger.", she scoffed.

"He's going to die a painful death, I promise.", the murderous glint in his eyes made me shiver. I'd never seen such hate in someone's eyes, it was like he abhorred that man with every single cell in his body.

Liza nodded and gave some instructions to some armed bodyguards who were clad in black meaning they worked for Mr Khanna's empire.

Mr Wilson placed his hand on Mr Khanna's shoulder and gave him a gentle squeeze," We'll find him at any cost."

The tension in the air was suffocating. It was ironic how a person I only met twice made it possible to worry the living daylights about me.

'Curse that Dwayne to the seventh circle of hell.'

"Mr Khanna when's Aarav and Naina di coming?", I changed the topic to lessen the visible strain.

A grim look flashed his eyes for a nano-second but was immediately displaced by the emotionless look." Soon.", he whispered."Anyways let's eat something, you didn't eat anything for the whole day."

"Ma'am your work is done.", Rosayline said who had just entered the hall and everyone's eyes centred on Liza who grinned happily.

"Well I thought our visit to the mall was ruined by that moron and Avni and Neil were in huge tension so to loosen it I got a setup readied by our dear Rosayline."

"What setup?", Reece asked.

"A game.. today's day was very hectic and I didn't want the evening to go in tension too."

Ivan and Reece agreed happily. While I was unsure of this game and all Mr Khanna didn't look the slightest interested. He had an annoyed look and sure enough, his next words made my judgement true.

"Don't expect me to involve in these childish activities of yours."

Liza smacked him hard across his head," Don't you dare throw tantrums at me boy."

"Liza behave you're younger than me.", Mr Khanna chided her.

"2 minutes younger.", she corrected but Mr Ice-Block here didn't get affected.

And then her eyes found me, a knowing look shining in them. I sighed.

"Mr Khanna.."

"You are expecting me to waste my time in these stupid games, you are kidding right?", he said arrogantly.

Now, I'll give him the taste of his own medicine!

"I was saying that I'm going to play with them if you want to come, you may.", I said and turned to Reece," Let's go Mr Denver."

"Call me Reece.", he corrected and held out his hand but his hand again got slapped away.

"Hands to yourself Denver."

"I'm coming with you.", he finalized and everyone laughed seeing him acting all cranky. Mr Grumpy Pants!

~~~~~

So, now the scene is I'm here sitting inside a pillow fort, how amazing! between Mr Khanna and Ivan. Reece and Liza are sitting in front of us.

Few shot glasses are placed on a small table in front of us.

"Let's start the game-'Never Have I Ever.'", she yelled and we cheered except Mr Khanna of course.

"The first question by me.", Reece said." Never have I ever stalked someone."

Liza and Ivan took a sip, Mr Khanna didn't say anything and I shrugged.

"Next question, Never have I ever lost a bet.", the question was by Liza.

Reece and Ivan took a sip and I looked at Mr Khanna who also had brought the glass to his lips.

"Neil, losing a bet? Miracles do happen Goodness!", Liza said in surprise.

"Tell us what was the bet and who you lost it to?", Ivan said and looked at Reece who grinned mischievously.

"Though we know who that is.", they said simultaneously looking at me.

I looked at Mr Khanna through my peripheral vision who had a blush rise to his face.

"Aww is the big bad Neil blushing?", Reece cooed and Mr Khanna glared at him.

"The ahem game doesn't say you need to tell the reason also.", Mr Khanna said clearing his throat.

"My game my rules and my rules say you need to answer us.", Liza waved off him with confidence.

"I lost the bet to Miss Mehta and reason was...", before Mr Khanna could say Reece piped in.

"Ah we don't need to listen to the reason, that's none of our business.", he said and everyone cleared throats. I looked at Mr Khanna who also looked visibly confused.

"Awkward much!", Liza laughed and continued with a few more questions, where I took only a few sips of the weird tasting liquid, others had taken more than me and they were looking abnormal while I felt light-headed at the same time.

"Mr Khanna are they okay?", I asked scooting near him.

"Avni you ask the next question?", Liza said and I smirked.

'Payback time! You go Avni'

I leaned to Mr Khanna's ear," You tricked me in the morning, remember. Let's get the scores settled, shall we?"

Mr Khanna cocked his head."By all means, go ahead Miss Mehta."

"Never have I ever plucked my eyebrows."

'Stars! Avni I'm influencing you, aren't I?', my self-obsessed conscience said.

 I grinned sensing Mr Khanna's reaction. And sure enough, if looks could kill I'd be under 6ft.

Liza took a sip shruggingly while Reece and Ivan stayed still.

"Mr Khanna.", I raised my brow and he clenched his jaw. I bit back the laughter that was threatening to escape me.

"Don't tell me Neil you pluck your brows.", Reece slurred, drunk out of his senses. 

"I do not.", he said and with one swift movement, he was out of the room.

Everyone went silent and guilt overwhelmed my senses, did I take the joke to an extreme level. I shouldn't have done this.

"Good night, guys." I got up and moved to Mr Khanna's room, rehearsing an apology in my mind.

The door to his room was open, at that moment I felt like a lamb walking in a lion's den. I really had taken the game far, why can't I shut my mouth.

"Mr Khanna.", the world spun around me and soon I found myself in a firm but warm embrace. I looked down in shame.

"Look at me Miss Mehta.", Mr Khanna commanded. I shook my head.

"Why you seemed to be enjoying a lot, weren't you?"

I stayed silent, he raised my face so that we could make eye contact," What happened now?"

"Mr Khanna I'm sorry, I shouldn't have embarrassed you like that."

"You sure shouldn't have.", he stroked his jaw with his long slender fingers." But just like how you said, there's always a time for payback, so you better watch your back, my dear.", he smirked coming closer, his breath was tickling my neck and heat was crawling my skin. He brushed his lips with my cheek and pulled back.

And just like that leaving me in haze and daze, he went away.

_____________________________

See you completed the target and I'm here with the update, aren't I true with my words ;)

Thank you so much for reading! 

How was today's chapter?

Mr Khanna's being so mischievous, My god! but isn't he sweet?

Make sure you press the star button, share this book if you like it and think it's worth of reading.

Love love

Aapki seva mein sadev tatpar

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

580K 27.3K 60
"No! Don't-- Don't touch me." Her voice was trembling now because of her so much of crying session. She's getting weak. Physically too. "Okay!! okay...
215K 8K 31
"Vihaan wait....." I shout. He flinches or was it my imagination. "How are you?" I ask in broken voice. He turns and this time I flinch. His eyes a...
126K 7.7K 19
There is nothing extra in her ordinary life. But what will happen when devil himself makes an entry in her ordinary life to make it extraordinary. __...
750K 22.6K 40
• BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES • • COMPLETED • • STANDALONE • ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...