redamancy- The Originals

By Butterfly1645

The stories of The Originals Vampires is a long one. We know about the unique vows "Always and Forever." even... More

๐ฌ๐ฒ๐ง๐จ๐ฉ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฌ
๐ž๐ฉ๐ข๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ฉ๐ก.
๐๐š๐œ๐ค๐ ๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐Ž๐ง ๐€๐ฏ๐š ๐‹๐จ๐ฉ๐ž๐ณ
๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐จ๐ง๐ž
- ๐š๐ฅ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ
- ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฌ๐จ๐ง
-๐ญ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฅ๐ž๐ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐ข๐ง ๐›๐ฅ๐ฎ๐ž
- ๐ ๐ข๐ซ๐ฅ ๐ข๐ง ๐ง๐ž๐ฐ ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ง๐ฌ
- ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐ง๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฌ๐š๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ
- ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ข๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฉ๐จ๐ข๐ฌ๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐ซ๐ž๐ž
- ๐›๐ฅ๐จ๐จ๐๐ฅ๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐ 
-๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ซ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ข๐ง ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž
-๐ซ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฉ๐š๐ข๐ง ๐ข๐ง ๐ง๐ž๐ฐ ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ง๐ฌ
- ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐š๐ฌ๐ค๐ž๐ญ ๐ ๐ข๐ซ๐ฅ๐ฌ
- ๐š๐ฉ๐ซรจ๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐จ๐ข, ๐ฅ๐ž ๐รฉ๐ฅ๐ฎ๐ ๐ž
- ๐๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐›๐š๐œ๐ค ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ฏ๐ž
- ๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐œ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐œ๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ
-๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐  ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ ๐›๐š๐œ๐ค ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ
-๐ฅ๐ž ๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ ๐ฎ๐ข๐ ๐ง๐จ๐ฅ
- ๐Ÿ๐š๐ซ๐ž๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ฒ๐ฏ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž
-๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐›๐ข๐  ๐ฎ๐ง๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ฒ

- ๐ฆ๐จ๐จ๐ง ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐›๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐›๐จ๐ง ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐ž๐ž๐ญ

576 27 3
By Butterfly1645

FIFTEEN:

Moon Over Bourbon Street

"They say the passage of time will heal all wounds. But, the greater the loss, the deeper the cut, and the more difficult the process to become whole again. The pain may fade, but scars serve as a reminder of our suffering, and make the bearer all the more resolved never to be wounded again. So, as time moves along, we get lost in distractions. Act out in frustration. React with aggression. Give in to anger.

And, all the while, we plot and plan as we wait to grow stronger, and before we know it, the time passes. We are healed. Ready to begin anew."

Genevieve laid lazily on the couch in Klaus' art room, wearing just her lingerie, while Klaus got dressed.

"Spoken like a man who's made peace with his demons." she told him as Klaus buttoning his shirt said, "My demons are dead, chased off."

Elijah entered the room and glared at Genevieve, "Yes, apart from the one lingering monster with whom you share a bed." as he held his hand out and in his hand was Geneiveve's heels.

"I trust you can find your clothing and the door." as Genevieve stood up took her heels and left.

Elijah annoyed said, "You do recall that woman tortured our sister?" as Klaus said, "She also revealed the truth about our sister's treachery."

"And as a consequence, Rebekah is gone forever." as Klaus said shrugging, "A desire which she apparently harbored for quite some time!"

"Niklaus, it has been a month. Now, I feel our sister's loss as deeply as you. But, you must stop distracting yourself with this ridiculous behavior and channel it into some kind of action." as Klaus said grabbing a paintbrush returning to his art, "Why must I, exactly?"

"Because over the course of Marcel's tenure, the city grew accustomed to having a king. You wanted this throne. Now, you must accept the responsibility that accompanies that."

Klaus who began to paint and only half paid attention to Elijah said, "Apologies, but I'm rather ensconced in other pursuits."

Elijah snatched the paintbrush from his hand. "If you can so easily neglect your home, I wonder what will become of your daughters. Have you forgotten what it was like to live beneath the threat of violence? We must work together, Niklaus. Let's make this city whole again."

Klaus said in response, "Perhaps it is too broken to mend." as he took his paintbrush back and returned to painting.

"If you won't do anything, I will." Elijah said before he left the room on his way to wake up Ava.

✧✧✧

Father Kieran, Ava and Elijah had gathered a meeting for the various supernatural and human factions to settle on an agreement, including Genevieve and Diego to represent the witches and the vampires, respectively.

Ava was sitting next to Elijah, she had her shades on and her hair was tied into a ponytail, and in her right hand was a cup of coffee.

When her uncle had asked her about how she felt about calling a meeting she jumped at the opportunity to, if one thing was clear the witches, vampires and humans had mixed feelings about her being queen.

1.) Because Klaus was her father, and anything he was involved in met very bad news, so they didn't trust her.

2.) They thought she was way too young.

But Ava wasn't scared of a challenge, she was a natural born leader and fighter who was used to a good competition, decides it wasn't surprising that she was the most powerful in the room.

And one way or another

Theses supernatural had to fall in line.

"St. Anne's has long been neutral ground in our city. So, it's only fitting that we gather in this chamber at the behest of Elijah Mikaelson and Ava Lopez to bring harmony to this place we call home. Thank you all for coming." Father Kieran said.

"Yes, thank you for coming. And welcome." Elijah said as Ava stood up adding, "I trust that you are all comfortable." as Elijah held up a signed document.

"These are the rules of the city according to Marcel Gerard." as Ava held her hand out adding, "Incendia." it caused the document to light up on fire, Ava took it out of Elijah's hand before it turned into ashes as she wiped her hands off.

She smiled to herself; she was successful with the spell; it was one she had she had learned from Davina visiting her with the witches.

"Which, of course, no longer apply, because we're in charge." Elijah said referring to himself and Ava.

"You said that if we came along, that we would get to run things by ourselves. Never mentioned anything about making yourself king." as he glared at Ava and said, "Princess."

It caused her to grit her teeth to herself, as she sat down in her chair crossing her legs over the other adding, "Queen Diego, there is a big difference between the two."

"Funny how someone your age, gets to be queen, perhaps somebody more fit should take on the role."

Ava chuckled before removing her sunglasses to look at Genevieve, "Perhaps nobody gave you the news, it doesn't matter and nor do I care what you think about me Gen, and to be honest it's already written in stone and your coven that I'm you're doom, so do not try to get on my bad side, hell you're on thin ice as it is."

Genevieve glared at her, and Ava back.

Elijah stepping in said, "To add to what my dear niece is saying, Well, you were each selected to represent your own communities. In our honor, however, any issues that arise between factions, it will come to me and Ava. Now, we are all responsible for the current chaos in the city. However, you have one very, very simple choice ahead of you here: you can all play nicely together, or you can leave."

Ava smirked to herself before adding, "And if you do leave, I can grantee there is no place in this quarter, where you can hide from me, and I won't find you."

Her eyes glowed to their sliver, as she asked, "So what's it's going to be?"

✧✧✧

At the Lycee, Monique, Abigail, and Davina where in the greenhouse, practicing spells on dried roses. Monique and Abigails flowers return to life, but Davina's remained dry and dead.

"Belle la vie à cette fleur. Belle la vie à cette fleur. Belle la vie à cette fleur. Maintenent."

"See Davina? It's easy. All you have to do is try." Abigail said and Davina frustrated said, "I am trying."

"Trying and failing. Ever since you came back." Monique said to Davina and Davina in response said, "When are you going to stop being such a bitch to me, Monique?"

"When you stop being weak. You're supposed to be a Harvest girl, but maybe you don't belong here. Maybe you never did."

Davina glared at her.

✧✧✧

Hayley approached Jackson as they both watched Oliver and another wolf sparring and wrestling outside.

"Shouldn't you be out there playing Fight Club with the rest of the frat boys?" as Jackson told her, "Nah. That's just for pecking order." as he smiled, "They already know who's the Alpha."

"Ohh! Next up!" the werewolf who was sparring said from the distance.

Jackson and Hayley went inside, where the rest of the Crescent wolves were setting the table for dinner.

"You gotta try Tucker's ribs." as Hayley added, "Then, what? Then we're gonna go play horseshoes?" as Jackson's laughing said, "Hey! Don't mock country living, darlin'."

"Sorry. This is just a lot more family fun than I'm used to." as Jackson said, "Well, maybe I can help you get used to it."

Oliver said joining the two, "Then all we got to do is just forget that she spent half her life with humans, and the other half with vampires."

Jackson said, "Ollie back off."

"It's okay. If the runt of the litter has got something to say, he should say it." as Oliver said, " You know, word from the Quarter is your boy Elijah and bestie Ava, holding some kind of power summit. Guess who wasn't invited?

"Where did you hear this?"

"It doesn't matter. The point is is that we're stuck here living in the swamp, while your vampire boyfriend and your hybrid girlfriend deciding who gets what in the city. But, I guess that shows how much respect he's got for the werewolves, huh?"

✧✧✧

At the summit, everyone was arguing over Elijah and Ava's new term.

"This is our city, too! We should be able to go wherever the hell we want!" Diego said shouting.

"We would consider it an act of war!" Geneieve shouted over Diego's, as Father Kieran who looked agitated and pale shouted, "We're getting nowhere. You vile creatures cannot agree."

"Father! Clam thee self!" Ava shouted to him to silence everyone as Ava hissed to the fractions, "All of you shut you're mouths and listen up!"

"Father, calm yourself, please" as He lowered his voice "Thank you. Now returning to the issue of boundaries, you will all heed to the following-"

Their discussion was interrupted by Hayley, who had just crashed the meeting.

"-Are you serious? You're dividing up the city, and the werewolves don't even get a say?" as Diego angrily stood up pointing before pointing at Hayley adding, "What the hell is she doing here?"

"What the hell did I just say Diego, about learning when and when mouths should be open, park it!" as she gestured for Diego to sit down, and he sat glaring at Ava

"Hayls." Ava said turning her attention back to her friend. "Diego, sit. We are not dividing the city. We're establishing boundaries-"

Hayley interrupted them said, "No, Elijah! There is not gonna be a peace if the werewolves are excluded. They want a seat at the table." as Diego and Genevieve both scoff, Ava mocked them as they glanced at her.

"And if they don't get one, I can guarantee that you will all regret it."

The leaders all begin to argue again, and Elijah and Ava pulled Hayley aside to talk to her privately.

✧✧✧

"Do you have any idea what it took just to get those people in one room together?" as Ava said arms folded, "A very long time, they hate each other and now it's very clear that they hate one another even more."

"No, actually, I don't! Because I didn't even know what you two were doing out here until someone else told me. Tell me something, Elijah. Did you leave the werewolves out because of me?"

Ava's eyes left from the two, she guessed things were tense around them, suddenly her watch was very interesting to her.

"I excluded them because they no longer reside in the French Quarter. My immediate concern is to end the mounting conflict here. Now, I can assure you once this treaty is solidified, it will expand to include your people."

"And until then, I should tell them what? Sit? Stay? Roll over?"

Elijah said shouting, "I would prefer that you remove yourself from the process all together!" as Hayley glared at him, and Elijah realized what he said was rude, even Ava glared at him.

So, his demeanor became soft.

"Hayley, are you absolutely certain that you shouldn't return to the compound?" as Ava added, "Yeah, I mean I do miss having you there Hayls."

Hayley said to Elijah with a sarcastic laugh, "You think the baby belongs there? You think that's where she'll be safe?"

"Is the Bayou any better?" as Hayley said, "The wolves deserve a voice. Give them one. You both know it's the right thing to do."

Hayley headed back to the Bayou leaving Elijah and Ava to consider her argument.

✧✧✧

After a terrible meeting gone wrong, Ava just wanted to regroup herself and get back together, she stopped for a croissant on the way back to the Compound, she was going to speak to Klaus.

But instead walked in one him panting a photo of Genevieve updating him on the events of the day, wearing only a robe and her underwear.

She hit the end of the conversation before she said loud, "What in the Picasso is going on in here !" it caused the two adults to turn to her.

"Ava." Klaus said to her, as Ava said, "Yeah, um hey, what is this ginger haired beast doing here." as Genevieve rolled her eyes at her.

Suddenly, Cami walked into the room unannounced as well, interrupting their conversation.

"I saw the light from the courtyard and took a chance that..." as she saw Genevieve standing in her underwear.

"You weren't with a half-naked psycho-witch. Seems I gambled and lost." as she turned to Ava, "Why is he with the half-naked pyshco witch ?"

Ava said, "You think If I knew, I would let this demonic ship happen ?"

Genevieve commented, "Ten minutes ago, I was fully naked." with a smirk.

Ava gave her a look of disgust as she gagged loudly, "You want me to give you a gold star?! Congratulations, spoiler alert, you're not the first women to bone Klaus Mikaelson."

Genevieve smirked dropped at Ava's sass. "Oh! Then you served your purpose. Don't let me hold you up." Cami said sarcastic.

"You O'Connell's sure do love to piss off witches." as she left the room, before Ava threw her clothes at her, whipping her hands off.

She turned to Klaus who looked at her as she said, "I don't even remember what I wanted to talk to you about, the only lingering image in my mind is you kissing Medusa, and that is a insult to Medusa because it was Poseidon who was a a-hole."

"You two have fun bickering, goodbye and at least pick better taste in women, and this is coming from you're homosexual" daughter mind you !" before leaving she pointed to Cami while her back was turned and did a gesture of thrusting with her own body smirking to herself.

Basically giving her dad the sign of "let loose."

Klaus rolled his eyes at his daughter, before Ava walked outside the house and he started arguing with Cami.

✧✧✧

Davina walked into a pub and looked around until she saw Josh waiting for her in a booth, with his hood up to remain inconspicuous, Ava on the other hand looked at him like "seriously dude."

"Josh ! Ava !" Davina said, her smile growing seeing the tribrid mainly.

"Hi." Ava said not being able to control herself and hugged Davina, sure she had texted her five seconds before she came but she was right in front of her and Ava was already in heaven, or her version of it.

Davina hugged back, they held hands going back to Josh. "Davina !" becoming worried he said franticly, "What are you doing out here? I would have met you anywhere you wanted. I mean, not anywhere Klaus or Marcel would be, which could be pretty much, you know, anywhere. But, you know what I mean"

"Don't worry Josh, Klaus isn't going to brother, he's busy as it is." she said sipping her drink she had gotten.

Both Josh and Ava noticed how upset Davina was. "Hey. You okay?" as Ava turned to look at her, "What's going on D ?"

"It's Monique. She has no idea what I went through when I was dead. The ancestors hated me for what I did with my magic. I can't just start practicing again" as Ava put her hand on top of Davina's.

"Give me the order and I'll take care of this Monique." Ava said with disgust at the end.

"No." Davina said as Ava looked at her, "I don't follow, Davina you are the one person who can tell me what to do." as Davina gave a slit grin at the comment.

"I don't want to use you're name Ava over my head, give people a reason to fear me because of you, I mean Ava you are a Goddess, but I don't want to use you as leverage over others."

Ava sighed, "I understand, I won't get involved, unless you want me too." as Davina said, "Thank you." as Ava said, "Always."

The two grinned at one another's while Josh said, "Gurl ya'll so cute." as Ava turned to him and said playfully, "Shut up." throwing a onion ring at him which he ate causing Ava to tilt her head and laugh at him.

"I knew I shouldn't have trusted Marcel when he told me to go back. I don't know how much more of it I can take." as Ava gave a concerned look to her.

✧✧✧

On top the roof of the Pub was Marcel, Marcel listening to Davina, Ava and Josh talk when Thierry arrived.

"On the outs with the witch again?" as Marcel said, "I got it covered."

"What was so important you dragged me all the way out here?" as Marcel added, "I have a proposal. I want you and all the guys who walked out on Klaus with you to join me."

"Rounding up an army?" as Marcel said, "Can't take back the city without one."

Thierry skeptical said, "You have nothing. You have no weapons, no allies. You go even close to the Quarter, and Elijah will kill you- that's if Klaus doesn't get you first."

"So, what? Maybe I should hide out in Bucktown like you? I think you're here because you don't want to leave your home. I sure as hell don't want to leave mine. A battle is brewing, T, and while everyone's busy choosing sides, I'm gonna find a way to take back our city. So, you with me?"

Thierry said once he was finish, "You were always great with words, Marcel. But, it's gonna take more than a pretty speech this time."

✧✧✧

At Rousseau's Elijah was meeting with Francesca Correa at the bar.

"Mr. Mikaelson." she said to him as Elijah said, "Ms. Correa."

"Please, call me Francesca." she said as she asked, "Where Ms. Mikaelson." as Elijah said, "My niece is still a child, I let her have this meeting off to have some fun."

"You're a good Uncle to her." she said with a smile.

To answer, Francesca question before Elijah said, "We can dispense with any formalities, Ms. Correa. I know exactly who you are. You own the Palace Royale Casino. You're one of the city's leading philanthropists. And- according to my sources- you're the matriarch to a rather sizable drug trafficking empire. So, why am I here?"

"Whatever you may think of me, my family's been a part of the human faction for years, which makes me uniquely qualified to take Father Kieran's place. You'll deal with me from now on."

"Are you giving me a mandate?"

"No." as she laughed before adding, "I'm giving you and you're niece an ally. I want peace just as much as you do. My lifestyle, which I enjoy very much, depends on it."

"Yes, I can see you're highly motivated."

"I've already spoken to the city's new mayor and the chief of police and other interested parties, and I have their blessing. I think you'll find it beneficial to have me on your side, even if it's just to prevent my less civil brethren from lashing out in ways that could prove painful to you."

She smiled fakely and said "Have a good night."

✧✧✧

Klaus is on his balcony, looking out at the city, before returning to his room, grabbing a paintbrush, and returning to his artwork.

He found Elijah standing in front of his painting, while Ava was sipping out of his glass {it was lemonade all the way from France}

"Not a fan of cerulean blue?" he asked his brother as Elijah said, "Not a fan of your continued indifference."

"Well, it's difficult trying to unite a community that has a history of mutual loathing." as Ava said, "You're telling me."

"Spare me the platitudes, Niklaus." Elijah told him as Klaus said, " A perspective, then? If you want peace, you must begin with the werewolves. A hundred years ago, they had a run at ruling this city. As of late, all they've had is time to watch their enemies tear down that legacy."

"All the more reason why their enemies are reluctant to bring them to the table." as Ava said leaning on the desk, "It's not fair to them, decides they earn a say, their supernatural just like everybody else."

"Take a page from Bienville, brother." as Klaus squeezed Elijah's shoulder harder. "If the table's the obstacle, remove it" as he poured him and Elijah a drink, while giving Ava more lemonade.

"Do you recall in 1720, the Governor's desperation to secure our help to build the cities first levees? We sat with him, and refused his offer, and so, he plied us with wine, with corseted women, and with raucous camaraderie until he had his yes."

Elijah smiled and said, "Are you suggesting that I throw a party?" as Ava said, "Hell yes!" as she spurge to her feet in excitement, Elijah and Klaus took that as sign that this was the finally yes in agreement.

All three toasted their drinks together, and with that the party was set in motion.

✧✧✧

Elijah and Ava had thrown an impromptu party at the compound, where all the factions can come celebrate together and mingle. Genevieve entered with Davina, Abigail, and Monique in tow.

Diego and the other vampires where drinking together when they see Jackson, Hayley, Oliver and the other werewolves entering the party.

Klaus, Ava and Elijah look at the party from the balcony, Ava was dressed in a gorgeous black dress with a high slit and black heels, she grinned down below at everyone.

"I'm impressed, brother." Elijah said as Ava said, "You're impressed I'm at awe." as she chuckled.

"Yes." Klaus in response to the two. "Now if I can just keep them from tearing one another to shreds." as Klaus said, "Well, then for you too's sake, here's to a spectacularly boring evening."

Ava shook her head saying to Klaus, "You are so messy." as Klaus smirked to her.

Everyone was mingling at the party. Diego and some other vampires passed Jackson and Oliver.

"What's up, little man?" Diego said before bumping into Jackson which enragred Oliver.

Jackson said to Oliver to clam him down, "He's not even worth it." as Elijah and Ava went to follow after Jackson, sensing hostility brewing, but Francesca distracted them.

"Since you're preoccupied, I'll intuit your flattering compliment." as she smiled "Thank you, I think I look stunning, too."

Ava gave a "who is she?" look but also whispered into Elijah's ear saying, "Egoistical much." before giving a welcoming smile back to Francesca.

Elijah chuckled at his niece's comment before adding, " I trust you've spent as much time fortifying alliances as you clearly have selecting that dress."

"So you do notice me. And, yes, I've already settled the dispute over the docks. I pacified the witches with an increased share in cemetery tours, and I've given the Crescents a Welcome-Back-to-Humanity gift in the form of $100 chips to my casino. So, I think I deserve some champagne, don't you?"

Elijah grabbed a glass of champagne off a passing hostess, but when she grabbed for it, he pulled it away

"Not so face." Ava said to her. "Ava Lopez, the Queen of New Orleans, you look beautiful this evening, I've heard so much about you, including you're little stunt at the meeting with the other fractions."

"Do not try and butter me up, decides I already know I'm sexy, but yes I'm Ava, and you are Francesca, representing the human fraction due to the Father's illness."

"But don't for a second think you're staying in that position."

"Ahh. You know, in light of Kieran's deteriorating condition, the others have acquiesced to your proposal. You will represent the human Faction until he's ready to resume." Elijah added.

Francesca said taking the glass from Elijah, "Then, I suggest we make the most of our limited time together."

Elijah eyes trailed off before he saw Hayley enter the party, and they stayed on her.

✧✧✧

At the Pub, Josh was sitting alone at his booth at the pub. He dropped his bill onto the floor, and when he sat back up, he's startled to see Marcel sitting across from him.

Josh gasped before saying, "God!" as he quickly composed himself. "Look. If you expect me to beg for my life, that's not me anymore."

Marcel smiled adding, "You think I'm here to kill you? I'm here about Davina. You heard about the summit. If it falls apart, each faction's gonna look for leverage against the other ones. Davina has to be able to defend herself, even from her own people if need be. She has to start doing magic again."

"Why are you telling me?" as Marcel said, "Because someone has to tell her, and she won't listen to me."

"Tell Ava." as Marcel said, "No, Ava not in the right headspace."

"So, what, I tell her, and you try to get her back on your side, right? Go back to using her as your personal weapon?"

"I don't care whose side she ends up on, just that she's safe. Because we both know right now, she isn't." as Josh thought for a small moment.

✧✧✧

Davina saw Oliver from across the room and smiled at him. He smiled back at her. Diego watched this happen, and angrily chugged his drink. Elijah noticed his mood and intervened.

"Diego. You will be polite and welcoming." Elijah said.

"Yeah, see, his people killed my whole family. My sister bled out on the floor right next to me. The only reason I'm standing here is because Marcel came along and turned me before I bled out, too. So, I'm telling you right now- I cannot be polite and welcoming to that."

"Diego, I understand your anger. However, there are certain overtures that need to be made, if we are to find a degree of peace."

Ava came and touched his arm adding, "I know that upsets you Diego, but it is clear that the wolves aren't going anywhere, and maybe you will never forgive him, but for today please be on you're best behave."

Diego sighed, and nodded to Ava who nodded back, she took that as a sign of respect almost.

Maybe Diego and her could get along.

"Thank you." as Elijah left him and he went to Jackson, and so Ava left him as well.

"Welcome to my home." Elijah said as Jackson said, "I wouldn't be here if Hayley hadn't forced the issue."

"Yes. It's rather unlikely that you'll experience an outpouring of kind sentiment here. The vampires in particular view you as... well, barbaric."

"Hayley tells me that this peace treaty is important to you and Ava."

"Yes, it certainly is. I can't speak for my niece, but I can speak for myself so much so, in fact, that if anyone threatened to dismantle what I'm building here, I'd destroy everything they hold dear."

He smiled and said to him, "Have a wonderful evening."

Klaus is on the balcony overlooking the party when Genevieve found him.

"Looking for your shrink?" she asked as Klaus said, "Don't tell me you're jealous of Cami, love."

"Just curious why you'd seek her company. She seems so... ordinary."

"Well, sometimes, ordinary is a welcome respite." as Genevieve said, "I thought I was your respite."

"Well, you are. You are. Promise me-not another thought about Cami, or a nothing insult to my daughter, I so would hate to kill you in front of everyone."

Genevieve looked on shocked before nothing Jackson and with that he walked up the stairs, and turned to leave, "Excuse me." as he followed Jackson into one of the upstairs studies.

✧✧✧

Downstairs at the party, Davina leaned against the wall, looking bored. Suddenly, Oliver approached her.

"Hey. You look, um..." as Davina added, "Nervous? Out of place? Short in this dress?"

She smiled and giggled nervously. "I was gonna say pretty. I'm Oliver. So, what's the name of the girl I'm about to ask to dance?" he said with laughter.

Monique appearing out of nowhere said, "Monique. Her name is Monique."

Monique took Oliver's hand, Davina was clearly upset about to storm away when Ava came seeing Davina's hurt expression, she to the three to see Monique's expression.

"I do hope everyone's enjoying the party, having a nice night?" with a smile as Oliver said, "I give it to you Ava you know how to throw one hell of a party." as Monique said, "It's-"

Ava held her hand out stopping the Deveraux witch from speaking. "Sorry, I wasn't talking to you, you must be Monique. I'm Ava, but giving how you're trying to kiss my ass you already know that, I'm telling you this once and once only, if you keep picking on my girlfriend, I'll make sure you never step foot in New Orleans ever again."

Ava flashed her eyes to their sliver tribrid ones just to show how serious she was, before they faded, "I recommend finding somebody more pleasing to spend you're night with Oliver, I know I'm going to be chose somebody very pleasing to spend mine with."

Ava took Daviana's hand leading her out to the dance floor, when the two got out their, Ava took in a deep breathe, "God she is so awful?! Like jeez you're telling me you have to deal with her on a regular day, I can't deal with her for two seconds, like what on earth is her problem?! She's such a-"

"What did you say back there?" Davina said trying to make sure she heard what she heard right. "Oh that she trying to kiss my-" as Davina said chuckling, "Not that, even if it was funny, but the part about me being you're girlfriend."

Ava's cheeks blushed, she was so in the moment, she forget what she had said and how she bluntly called Davina her girlfriend.

"I-I'm so sorry, god I didn't even ask if you want to be my girlfriend I should have asked you, I apologize-" as Davina ran her thumb over her cheek saying, "I like the sound of being you're girlfriend Ava."

"You mean it, like seriously mean it, I mean being girlfriends is a big step and I don't want to use thinks at all, I mean part of me wants to, but then theirs's the feminist part of me that likes no, you shouldn't you should wait a couple of weeks or some-" Davina cut the tribrid off with a kiss, since she was rambling.

Ava smiled as she let her arms go to Davina's waist, massaging it but also holding it, so Davina could be as close to her as possible, but even that close wasn't close enough.

Davina blushed as she did kiss her, she pulled away before putting her forehead's to Ava's as the two swayed together on the dance floor.

✧✧✧

Elsewhere at the party, Hayley was standing on the sidelines, watching everyone dance, she even smirked when she saw Davina and Ava kiss very happy for her when Elijah appeared beside her.

"Would you care to dance?" Elijah said

Hayley took his offered hand and allowed him to lead her to the dance floor. "You and Ava outdid yourselves! You even got Klaus to come out and play."

"Yes, it seems that only a sizable soirée is enough to tear my brother away from his efforts at the easel."

"That's never a good sign. Klaus once told me that his painting was a metaphor for control. For achieving his vision through sheer force of will."

"Well, truthfully, I'd be shocked if he didn't have at least a dozen or so of those visions swarming around in that insidious skull of his. I do hope your daughter inherits her mother's... as he gazes at Hayley from head to toe

"Everything."

He spins Hayley around dramatically, and she smiled.

She then asked, "Have you met her? Ava's mother."

"My brother was never one to speak about his lovers, if he did it wasn't to use, but Laura to him was something special, a love he never wanted to shy away from or lose."

"I don't think he lost it, he got one hell of a daughter out of her." as the two watched Ava spin Davina as Davina giggled before Ava pulled her to her body and let Davina grind and sway on her softly.

She smiled enjoying how perfect their bodies matched up.

Hayley smiled and chuckled at them and Elijah even gave out a tiny grin. "It is weird being back here."

"Not unpleasant, I hope?"

"Not entirely." as Elijah added, "Are you entirely sure you shouldn't be here with us?"

"Why, Elijah? Because you don't think it's safe in big, bad Wolf Country? I'm not gonna sit in a rocking chair and knit booties, or haven't you figured that out yet?"

Jackson joined them, "Can I have a minute, Hayley?"

"You can have it later." Elijah said as Hayley frustrated said, "Actually, he can have this dance."

As she took Jackson's hand and lead him away from Elijah to dance.

Jackson waited till Elijah was out of earshot. "Everything all right?"

"Yeah, fine. We were just discussing the future of the city." "How can you be thinking about the city right now? I should have told you how beautiful you look tonight."

Elijah frowned as he eavesdropped on their conversation from nearby.

✧✧✧

The party continues on at the Mikaelson's home. Oliver went to the bar for a drink when Diego approached him.

"Hey, wolf boy. Should have had them put it in a bowl for you." as Oliver smiled manically adding, "Well, yeah, if you want me to crush your skull with it."

Francesca coming to intervene said, "Please, boys. At least fight over something interesting. Me, perhaps?"

Ava came seeing a upcoming conformation before looking to Francesca adding, "It's not all about you." as Francesca gave a offended look. "Look I told you both to quit it now."

"Nah, you don't want to get involved with his kind. See, they got this nasty little habit of going berserk and ripping innocent people to shreds." Diego said to her.

"No, no, no. Okay? Look. If my people wronged you in any way, you have my condolences, okay? Though I'd be surprised my kin could choke them down, being half as ugly as him."

Furious, Diego picked Oliver up and threw him across the courtyard, where he fell onto a table covered in glasses of champagne which shatter upon impact. Diego vamp-speeds over to him, but Oliver pinned him against a wall. Suddenly, Elijah appears and pulled Oliver off of him before pushing him against a table.

"This ends now, I won't ask again." as Jackson said, "Oh, we'll end it all right."

Elijah looked over to find Jackson pinning Diego to the wall, a stake aimed right at his heart.

Ava's eyes lit up before she aimed her hand out a sliver hue admitting from her hand as she aimed one of Jackson.

"Let him go now, I don't like asking for things twice, either you both cool it or I swear I will blow you're canine brains out and paint this compound red." she hissed.

She was scaring everyone in the room

A darkness had overtook him in that moment, she forget all she had said to be honest only that was threating to kill Jackson in front of everybody.

Infront of Hayley.

"Easy love." she heard, and with that Klaus had came and lowered her hand down, her magic fading out, Ava took in heavy breathes shaking her head trying to let her rage fade out.

Suddenly, Hayley appeared on the staircase. "What's stopping you? Kill him. Go ahead, Elijah. Do it. I mean, it's not like he doesn't deserve to die."

"Shouldn't you intervene or something?" Francesca said nearby watching the fight

"Why would I? This party just got interesting." Klaus said to Francesca.

"I mean, it was Oliver who handed Rebekah over to the witches so they could torture her. But, then again, wasn't it Diego who led a werewolf massacre last month? And the witches cursed the wolves, while the humans stood back and let it all happen. So, when you think about it, everyone here deserves to die."

Elijah angry said, "Are approaching a point?"

My point, Elijah, is this- if we can't all learn to get along, if our families can't create some sort of community, then what's the point? Kill each other and get it all over with."

Ava huffed saying, "She's right Elijah. If we can't get along, theirs's no point in any of this, the parties, kissing up to each other because in the end each of the fractions will look out for their own and their own only."

"You're all selfish, and believe me that's selfishness is going to come back and bite you all in the asses sooner or later and you all better hope it's later."

"Now let each other go, now."

After considering Hayley's words, and Ava's demands Elijah let go of Oliver, and Jackson reluctantly lets go of Diego, as well.

✧✧✧

Josh was at the lycée with Davina, where they're hanging out in the greenhouse. He looked through the shelves of dried herbs and flowers while Davina sat at a nearby table.

"You know, I've only gotten roses once in my life. Didn't even get to keep them." as Davina asked, "Why not?"

"My first boyfriend- my only boyfriend, really- gave them to me for Valentine's Day senior year. Tried to hide them in my bedroom, but my parents found them. You may not know it, but roses will jam even the best paper shredders"

"You know, I don't have a home to go home to, or a family to go home to. I used to hate myself for that, but the thing is, I don't really care what they think anymore. If your family doesn't like you the way you are, screw them! You got me, Ava and Cami... even Marcel. If you want."

Davina sighed saying, "Marcel used me."

"He used you to fight the people who were trying to kill you. And, you know, he also saved you from those people. So you don't have to trust the guy, but he does love you." as he smiled warmly at her." And P.S? So do I."

"And Av." as Davina turned pink at Josh mentioning her name.

Davina smiled saying, "Even if I don't have any magic? All the power I had was from the other Harvest girls. I don't even know what I have without it."

"Don't you owe it to yourself to find out? You're a witch, Davina. You can't change your DNA any more than I can, so you might as well embrace it."

He handed her the dried rose he been holding.

"Belle la vie à cette fleur. Belle la vie à cette fleur. Belle la vie à cette fleur. Belle la vie à cette fleur. Belle la vie à cette fleur. Maintenent."

The flower quickly comes back to life, and she smiled proudly at her accomplishment. She handed it back to Josh, who took it and smiled back at her.

Josh grinning said, "Aww."

✧✧✧

Marcel was meeting with Thierry again to pitch his plan. He looked at the dream-catcher he took from Cami's apartment before he tossed it on the ground and stomps on it.

"You said I had nothing. You were wrong. I have the same thing I had when I rebuilt this city from the ashes the first time. Everything to gain and nothing to lose. I'm making in-roads, allies, not the least of which is Davina. And, I'm not leaving this roof until I can count you in, too. Besides, let's be honest, T, I'm all you got. I know those vampires, they didn't just leave the compound. They left New Orleans."

"So, us against the world?" as Marcel said, "We'll get a third and a fourth. And pretty soon, we're gonna have that army."

He and Thierry stood and stared at the city skyline.

✧✧✧

In his bedroom, Klaus stared at his painting for a moment before grabbing a paintbrush and getting to work.

"All change begins with a plan, the success of which depends on several things: depth of commitment, passion for one's cause..."

At the compound, the leaders of the five factions: Elijah, Ava, Diego, Genevieve, Francesca, and Hayley- representing the Originals, the vampires, the witches, the humans, and the werewolves, respectively-- had finally drafted their peace treaty. They each cut their palms and drip their blood into an inkwell, in order to sign the document with a mixture of all their blood.

Hayley helped Ava since blood to be honest made her nausea, but thanks to her healing she didn't have to see the icky blood long.

Father Kieran clutched a rosary in the attic of St. Anne's Church and prayed, while Cami watched him from across the room.

At the Bayou, Hayley has returned to the long banquet table where they eat dinner, where everyone had gathered around to celebrate.

"Hey! To Hayley!" Jackson said as the werewolves said, "To Hayley!"

"Willingness to embrace a new path. Determination to overcome any obstacle. And, in some cases, even making unnatural alliances."

Davina was still in the greenhouse in the lycée when Monique and Abigail return. They're shocked to see that Davina had magically restored all of the dead flowers in the room, all of which are now in full bloom.

Monique glared at Davina.

On Davina's phone after the two left, she looked at her phone after sending Ava a picture of the roses, Ava followed with a text of "Good Job." and a "Show them who you are." with a heart following.

She grinned before changing Ava's contact name to "My Girlfriend." with a kissing emoji.

Outside, Oliver and Jackson had a private chat.

"You made a deal with Klaus Mikaelson? I'd rather turn every full moon."

"If Klaus is right, this magic could do more than just stop us from turning. We could finally control what we are! We could draw on all the strength, all the speed, the raw power of our werewolf form. Our bite would be lethal to vampires, 24/7. The humans who hunt us, the witches who curse us, the vampires who hate us- we wouldn't just be their equals. We'd be their superiors."

✧✧✧

Elijah entered with the signed peace treaty and the inkwell.

"Sign it." Elijah said as Klaus asked, "Why? You've already done so on our behalf."

"Brother, I am not a fool. It's clear to me you're not as disinterested as you'd like me to believe. Sign, please. If there is no peace between us, then how can you expect others to follow suit?"

"Fine, if it will make you happy. But, I assure you, this city's inhabitants will not adhere to this agreement." Klaus said to him

He signed the contract.

"Well, you are welcome to wager against me. You will lose."

"We'll see."

A glimpse of Klaus' painting- it's was the New Orleans skyline. In the sky, Klaus had added a large full moon.

✧✧✧

𝓣𝓸 𝓫𝓮 𝓬𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓾𝓮𝓭...

💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

204K 6.1K 58
Ranked #23 in #klausmikaelson stories โ˜บ๏ธ *** "Did I make the great Klaus Mikaelson care for someone like me?" *** in which Rebekah returns to take ca...
148K 5.8K 64
No one knows what happens when you die. It's a mystery that has always been. So when my time came, I accepted it with open arms. But as I entered my...
810K 22.1K 55
Odette Jade De Marie travelled to Mystic Falls with the intention of gathering information for her best friend, only for it to lead her to meet the O...
12.8K 419 23
Klaus Mikaelson is saved by the person he least expected.... His father. Mikael. So, all the Mikaelsons get the unexpected happy endings they all des...