His Rejected Bride

By Josephine1804

Trying to move on from the past Dorothy does everything possible to keep it behind her; especially him. But w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Epilogue

Chapter 29

11K 324 7
By Josephine1804

Dorothy POV

I cover Liam mouth shut with my hands trying not to make any sound myself. This was a stupid idea. I shouldn't have ran away from the room. I should have waited for Ethan to come.

"I don't know sir." The other man said not hiding the fear in his voice. "I went to use the bathroom and when I came back-"

"Idiot." Igor cut the poor guy from finishing his sentence. "Why are you so incompetent?"

"Excuse me sir?"

"Bring Viktor in." Igor commanded as his footsteps became louder in every second. "I want him now!"

I wrapped my trembling hands around bringing him closer to him. I don't want it to end this way, I want to see Liam grow up. I want to see my baby grow up too.

I didn't realize I was crying till my Liam wiped a tear  that was rolling down my face. My heart leaped when he kissed my cheeks.

We are going to okay, Ethan's going to get us and we would be happy again. We wouldn't have to ever worry about any of this. 

"Boss?" I hear a voice that was so familiar after the closing of the door.

"I want to know everything you know about her?" I heard Igor say and I felt the desk move a bit.

"She's strong." The person said with a bit of admiration in his voice. "When I met her she was going through a lot. Vincenzo had recently left her and she was pregnant with his child and it was a good opportunity to gain his to trust."

"When he's still young?" I could hear the excitement in Igor's voice. "Your not as worthless as I imagined you to be."

"It was Mae's idea not mine."

"To bad she isn't here to get praised." Igor said not really caring. "How did you manage to tell them she was dead."

"I didn't."

"Charlie." Liam whispered. 

I look down raising a brow at him. "What do you mean?"

"Charlie's here to get us." I saw the excitement in his eyes but that just made me even more confused.

Charlie doesn't even know that Ethan is part of all this. I didn't tell him any of this, so he isn't here to help us. 

He's part of the Mafia too.

I knew this voice was familiar. That lying slimy bastard I can't believe I trusted him.

"I told them we broke up and made her think she was getting married." He finished what her was saying. It took a lot for me to stay where I was. I wanted to bash him on the head with a gun.

"Tysdelal khoroshuyu rabotu. Vy udostoverilis', chto on sledit za vami?" (You did a good job. Did you make sure he is following you?)

"Da." (yes) Charlie or whatever his name is. "I made sure he saw me enter a van he should be on his way."

Great they have started speaking in Russian and I don't have a clue of what they are talking about. 

I'm going to make sure I learn Russian and Italian the moment I get out of this mess. I hate not being able to understand what they are saying.

I kiss Liam's forehead resting my chin above his head. I feel bad that he still believes that Charlie's here to save us. I really want to tell him the truth but the glint in his eyes stops me for doing so.

"Ne govori po angliyski."(Don't speak in English.) I hear Igor command not knowing what he is saying. There has to be a reason why he suddenly started speaking in Russian.

"Zachem?"(why)

"Potomu chto oni chertovski ponimayut angliyskiy."(Because they fucking understand English.) Igor said letting out a sigh.

"kto?" (Who)

Before Igor could reply the door opened. "He's here?" 

I felt my heart beating faster the moment I heard a few gunshot from outside the room. I knew it was Ethan the moment I heard his shouting at someone."

"Bring him to me." Igor commanded getting off the desk he was leaning on. 

"I can't do that Boss." The person said with a trembling voice. "He's killing everyone that's in his way. He's gone fucking mad."

"I did kidnap his family." Igor said sounding so unaffected. "Tell him his family is here and if he still wants to see them he would stop killing my men. Now both of you get out."

I didn't take long  before the door slammed shut. I hugged Liam tightly knowing it was just Igor in the room with us.

"Do you really think I wouldn't know when I'm alone?" I heard him asked with a bit of amusement his voice. 

I stayed quiet hoping he would just go away. I just want to get out of here alive.

I felt the desk being moved revealing us to him "You are quite smart I'll give you that."

"Please don't do anything." I begged with tears in my eyes threating to fall.

"You almost killed one of my men." He said pointing a gun towards us. "Get up."

I stood up still holding Liam close to me taking a few steps away from him. He pointed the gun towards Liam who looked like he was going to pass out any minute from now.

"Let him go." He commanded but I still held onto him. "I don't like repeating my self Dorothea."

"I heard a click from the gun and quickly let go of Liam. "He's just a boy."

"He's not just a boy and we both know it."  Igor said walking closer to us still pointing the gun at Liam. "He's the next heir and I want to kill him desperately."

"Why are you doing this?" I asked with a broken voice as tears fell of my eyes. "I thought you liked him."

"I do but that doesn't stop me from wanting to kill him." He shrugged signaling for Liam to walk to him. "And besides I want to end Vincenzo."

He looked up at him not knowing what to do. "Please don't do this."

"Send him over to me now." I heard another click and I shoved Liam to him gently afraid he was going to pull the trigger any moment. "Good boy."

"Take me instead." I heard Ethan's voice. "I'm the one you want no?"

"Nice for you to drop by." Igor turned to look at Ethan who looked ready to explode any moment from now.

"Let him go." Ethan said walking closer to where we are standing. 

"One more step and his gone." He warned placing the gun at Liam's head.

"No!" I screamed at the top of my lungs rushing to Liam. I don't know what made me do it. Anger, adrenaline or the motherly instincts but I couldn't  just let my son go down like this. "Don't touch him you psycho."

"I getting tired of mood swings." He spat kicking me away from him on my belly.

"DON'T YOU DARE HERE AGAIN!" Ethan roared. I couldn't recognize him anymore he looked so deadly. He pulled out his gun pointing it at Igor. "I should have killed you long ago when I had the chance."

"You had your chance alright but now it's mine." He held unto Liam collar with a tight grip. "And I don't pass up opportunity like this."

"Give me my son Igor." Ethan said with pain in his voice and it didn't seem like he hurt because of Liam.

"You took everything from me." Igor said pressing the gun deeper into Liam's temple. "You took her away from me."

"She deserved to be killed, she saw it coming." Ethan sighed putting his gun back down. "I'm not going to go deep into that. ."

"You really  have the audacity to say that to me." He let out a laugh shaking Liam a bit before dropping him and picking me up from the floor harshly. "Maybe I should kill her instead."

"No, please no." I begged trying to but he slaps me and places the gun at my abdomen

Ethan looked at  me with shock written around his face but it quickly turns to a mixture of fear and anger. "Let her go Igor."

"You didn't think I'll get you back after you killed my wife." He snapped pressing the gun harder into my abdomen. "You killed my children."

"Igor, please just let her go." He begged looking at him deep into his eyes pleading with him. "I don't want to hurt you."

"Not if I hurt you first." And with that there was a loud bang.

************************

I feel warm blood on me but I'm not sure where it's coming from. I fell heavy but I'm too scared to get up. I really want to open my eyes but I can't because I think I'm dead.

"Mommy." I hear Liam's soft whisper.

I don't think dead people hear or feel a thing. I mean they are lifeless and I can hear Liam clearly.

"Dorothy you aren't dead." I hear Ethan sigh pulling me up and my eyes open up to see a pair of  grey one staring at me.

"I love you." I blurt out unable to hold in my emotions. "I love you so much."

"I never stop loving you." He said pulling me into a kiss but quickly pulls away causing me to raise a brow. "I'm not going to kiss you when you're covered in someone's blood." 

"How am I still alive?" I asked looking down to see Igor's lifeless body beside mine.

"Luca shot him." He stood up dusting his collar pulling Liam beside him but I still didn't understand what he was saying. "He was behind the window all I was doing was stalling for him."

"Liam," I turned to look at Liam who was staring at Igor dead body like it was going to move any second from now. "what's the matter baby?"

"Is he going to be in a better place now?" He asked referring to Igor.

"Um, well people like him-"

"Yes, he's going to be in a better place with his family."  Ethan picked Liam up from the floor.

"That's a good thing." Liam muttered resting his head  on his father's chest.

"Let's get out of here." He pulled me up from the floor holding me close to him.

"I'm hungry." I say tapping my belly.

"Good cause I'm hungry too."  He smirked down at me, but it took me a few second to realize what he meant.

"Shut up." I slapped the back of his head. "Liam's is here you fool."

"So you're pregnant huh?" He whispered into my ear causing me to shiver.

"I love you?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 282 35
Once again her dark past wants to write its self , but the only difference this time she has someone to save her from its vicious claws But not only...
12.3K 437 54
Ally has little chance of getting back all that she was never offered. After her mother's brutal murder Ally finds that even after death she continue...
56.9K 1.3K 80
-After her painful past she managed to escape and turn from a weak girl into one of the powerful mafia leaders. She is not even aware of what will ha...
196 2 27
Two well known people throughout the world meet each other and fall in love happy as ever they hold a secret from the world soon the male lover dies...