Love You Regardless

By lisaaaaa1616

Clay has autism and finds comfort in simple things, the illuminated a fireplace on a winter's night, fish swi... More

2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24 (The End)

1

6.4K 196 324
By lisaaaaa1616

Cover by: SxmplyMoxxi

MOST TRIGGERS ARE SKIPPABLE THIS BOOK (I added TW ... (the trigger specific) and TW OVER with a summary at the bottom of each chapter needed)

IMPORTANT:
Everyone with autism is different and not everyone is the same as I described George in Out Of Control and Clay in this book. Since this is the things I personally struggle with, I can more easily write about this type :)

TW's:
-Death
-Fire
(This is really graphic, I put a warning where it starts and where it ends so you can skip, there will be a summary at the bottom)

Clay's POV

I sat in front of the fireplace in my house, watching it with a smile on my face. Watching the fire always made me very calm and I was softly rocking as I made soft stimming sounds.

I was holding Wolly very tightly. Wolly was my stuffed llama, I loved Wolly a lot. I showed Wolly the fire and hugged him again. I put my thumb in my mouth as I rocked softly. I felt my dad lay his hand on my shoulder and he smiled at me.

'Do you enjoy the fire, Clay?'

I nodded slowly and looked at it in some sort of trance. I really liked watching the fire and pulled my knees up, hugging Wolly in between my legs and chest. I still had my thumb in my mouth and rocked softly.

My mum smiled at me and sat down next to me on the ground. I didn't like to be touched so I scooted away a bit and my mum smiled at me again. I got a bit closer to the fire to watch it better and showed Wolly the fire again. I was sure he liked the fire too.

'Clay?'

I didn't look up but made my eyes bigger so my parents understood I was listening.

'Would you like to use the fireplace poker? I will hold your hand.'

I nodded softly and lifted my hand. My dad gave me the poker as he held it too and went closer to the fire as he rolled some of the wood around. I put Wolly on the ground and held the poker with my other hand too since it was too heavy for me.

MOST GRAPHIC SCENE STARTS HERE, I WILL PUT A SMALL SUMMARY AT THE BOTTOM IF YOU SKIP

I scooted a bit closer to the fire and suddenly felt a spark of fire touch my hand. I startled really badly and pulled both my hands back, but everything went wrong.

One piece of wood fell out of the fireplace onto the rug and the poker fell down as well. My mum screamed and my dad tried grabbing the wood as my mum stood up and lifted me up.

Within seconds the whole rug was on fire and I ran upstairs to escape from it. I grabbed my stuffed animals and my photo book. I grabbed my favourite shirt and my pyjamas as well as I heard loud screams downstairs.

I ran back with the stuff and saw that my mother's hair had caught on fire. My dad was trying to put it out and looked at me. 'Clay, RUN. Run as far as you can and call the firefighters.'

He threw his phone at me. 'The code is 9317.'

I seemed paralysed as I literally saw my mum's clothes burn and my dad's caught on fire as well.

'Clay, RUN NOW.'

'Mommy?' I whispered as I looked at her with tears in my eyes. 'Daddy?'

'Clay, we love you.'

I felt a tear roll down my face and my dad pulled off his burning shirt, running closer to me. He kissed my cheek. 'Run, Clay. I'm going to save mommy.'

I nodded and started running away quickly as I did what my dad told me. I typed his code in and called the firefighters.

'Where is your emergency?'

'My house,' I whispered.

'What's happening at your house?' a sweet voice asked me.

'Fire, mommy and daddy are inside.'

'Do you know where you live?'

'No.'

'How old are you?' the sweet voice asked me. The voice calmed me down a bit.

'Ten.'

'Ten years old, that's a beautiful age. And what's your name?'

'Clay.'

'Hello Clay, I'm Cindy.'

'Mommy and daddy?' I whispered. 'Fire.'

'There are people on their way, okay? Can you stay strong? Do you have something with you that can calm you down?'

'Wolly.'

'Who is Wolly?'

'Wolly is my stuffed animal llama.'

'Aww, that's a cute name!'

'Where are mommy and daddy?'

I didn't get an answer and a tear rolled down my face.

'Why aren't mommy and daddy coming outside? I'm waiting for them.'

'I think they won't come outside for a little, because your parents are being really brave.'

'B-brave?'

'Clay, can you tell me what you see?'

'Fire and Wolly.'

'Can you describe how Wolly looks?'

'He has a lot of wool,' I whispered. 'I miss mommy and daddy, are they coming to hug me soon? I don't really like people touching me, but I want a hug now.'

It was quiet again. 'The firefighters are close, Clay. Do you have some things with you?'

'I have my favourite shirt, I have my stuffed animals and my pictures. And I have pyjamas.'

'How does your favourite shirt look?'

'It's a shirt with a fluffy llama,' I whispered.

'You should show it to the firefighters.'

'Okay,' I muttered.

I waited another five minutes and then the firefighters arrived here. One of them kneeled down next to me and smiled. 'Are you the brave boy who called for help?'

I nodded and held my shirt up. 'The woman said that I had to show someone my shirt.'

'That's a beautiful shirt! And who is that?'

'Wolly.'

'Hello, Wolly,' the man smiled as he ran his hand through my hair. I smiled and looked at the house.

'Mommy and daddy?'

The man's face dropped and I saw him stare at his hands. 'We are looking for them.'

I nodded and sat on the ground as I played with Wolly. I really missed my parents.

TW DEATH

I looked up as I heard footsteps and suddenly saw my dad. He was crawling and he had tears rolling down his face as he breathed heavily. I ran to him and grabbed his hand. 'Daddy!'

'Clay, I l-love y-you.'

'Mommy?'

'Mommy l-loves you t-too.'

'Where is she?'

'S-she's s-safe in h-heaven.'

'Can I see her?'

'Can I get a h-hug, Clay?'

I nodded and gave my dad a short hug. I then heard him breathe out loudly and it was quiet.

GRAPHIC SCENE AND TW DEATH ARE OVER

I screamed as I woke up and felt tears rolling down my face. I held Wolly tightly against my chest and started crying softly as I felt an arm around my shoulders. My older brother pulled me closer against his body and ran his hand through my hair as he kissed my cheek.

'It happened in the past, Clay. You were having a nightmare. You're safe.'

I nodded slowly and fell asleep again.

1096 words

Summary:
Clay was watching the fire as something went wrong and the house caught on fire. Both his mum and dad passed away in the fire, Clay escaped without any harm. Clay was ten years old here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.2K 3.6K 24
Clay had been closeted all his life and planned for it to remain that way. But, with having homophobic parents it was seemingly impossible to ever fi...
90.4K 4.4K 22
George loved dresses, they loved how they flowed so elegantly in the slightest of breezes, how beautiful dresses looked when George stood admiring th...
59.8K 1.9K 21
Every since George was little he had to be perfect. He had to keep to a strict diet so he could keep a small form, and he had to have a perfect reput...
178K 6.4K 30
George has never had an easy life when he got the diagnosis: Tourette's Syndrome. Everywhere he goes, he appears to be the target of bullying which g...